HTML Reform School [v0.23d] [AlexXXX]

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
I'm sorry you went through that but I'm glad you survived and you're processing it because working through it is how we heal and grow. I'm still hear but mostly just because I'm hoping the MC grows strong enough to defend himself and kick some bully ass. :D

Samuel is a fun addition too!
Thank for for the kind words!

The dom path (blue choices) will see MC turn into a bully himself. He'll defend himself, but also destroy others in the process.
It's a toxic environment and plot hahaha

DLgamer

Mar 21, 2021
Thank for for the kind words!

The dom path (blue choices) will see MC turn into a bully himself. He'll defend himself, but also destroy others in the process.
It's a toxic environment and plot hahaha
Aww, can't he have a heart of gold? Why must he destroy? That's just continuing the generational trauma. What about redemption? What about growing strong enough to outgrow to at least escape not perpetuate. A toxic environment and plot huh? So an endless loop of suffering? hmm

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
Aww, can't he have a heart of gold? Why must he destroy? That's just continuing the generational trauma. What about redemption? What about growing strong enough to outgrow to at least escape not perpetuate. A toxic environment and plot huh? So an endless loop of suffering? hmm
That absolutely is a story worth telling.
It's just not the story I'm telling. I'm drawn to villains, bullies and toxic relationships. I think they're interesting and for some reason they turn me on.
Some of the paths will be less grim (Haruki's path mostly), but none will be the romantic stories we've come to expect from this sort of game.
It's just not what I wanna do.

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
I really like the principal, hope he'll be something in the future ^^
I don't want to spoil anything, but the principal is an important character plot wise.
I also plan sex stuff with him, but he's not one of the main "lust interests", so it's gonna be different.
I might change my mind in the future, but he won't have a route of his own.

Either way, he's gonna show up a good amount of times.

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
This is the original shower scene from the last update. It terrified my beta readers and I realized it was WAY too dark. I revised this scene at least 3 times before arriving at what we have. I thought you guys might like to read it.
Be warned, it's dark.

CW: suicidal thoughts

Download PDF:

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
It terrified my beta readers and I realized it was WAY too dark.
Wow, just wow. It's dark indeed, it leaves me as a vanilla guy in comparison. Not so much for the suicide attempt itself, but the motives and the shit that bully tells you... It strikes too close home.

It's so awesome to have you back with updates, just not overwork yourself, your health is first, man.

Reactions: alexxxx000

HenryVIII

Jun 4, 2017
This is the original shower scene from the last update. It terrified my beta readers and I realized it was WAY too dark. I revised this scene at least 3 times before arriving at what we have. I thought you guys might like to read it.
Be warned, it's dark.
This is really dark. I'm now wondering what I'm doing to Alex mentally. For me it's okay being gay, for him it's just traumatizing. I think that's also a reason why I like Tyler's route so far, because he also likes doing the stuff with him, so maybe he'll get in a better mental state eventually.

I also can't imagine coming from such a religious background, "the saints are looking", that's just bullshit to me to Alex obviously it's not.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Be warned, it's dark.

CW: suicidal thoughts

Download PDF:
Mega
Wow, I hvn't touched the game yet, and I'm no expert, but I believe re-live through these traumatised experiences without a solution / light in the tunnel is very unhealty.
It's not just dark, it's kinda dangerous to some.
Hope everyone is doing Ok / getting better.

• Sad

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
Wow, just wow. It's dark indeed, it leaves me as a vanilla guy in comparison. Not so much for the suicide attempt itself, but the motives and the shit that bully tells you... It strikes too close home.

It's so awesome to have you back with updates, just not overwork yourself, your health is first, man.
This is really dark. I'm now wondering what I'm doing to Alex mentally. For me it's okay being gay, for him it's just traumatizing. I think that's also a reason why I like Tyler's route so far, because he also likes doing the stuff with him, so maybe he'll get in a better mental state eventually.

I also can't imagine coming from such a religious background, "the saints are looking", that's just bullshit to me to Alex obviously it's not.
I think a lot of gay people, especially from generations before Gen Z, have gone through the same sort of guilt that comes from going beyond borders of what is considered normalcy.

I've often talked about how this game is based on my life, and not only was I a gay teen, I was also very interested in power play dynamics from an early age (probably because of the bullying) and I saw my bullies as superior to me. That brought on feelings of guilt and shame.
The cherry on top was my religious upbringing, I was a very religious child and teen, and reconciling that with my homosexual urges was impossible. (Today I'm an atheist.)

I want to bring this storm of conflicting desires and beliefs to the game, but I don't want to overwhelm readers in darkness. That's why I remade the scene so many times. I believe I hit the guilt and shame points without veering into darkness in the final version of the scene that is now in game.

With the development of the plot, Alex will confront and overcome a lot of it. Haruki will be instrumental with that.

And, thanks, Rafster. I do need to take it easy :cry: this update took a toll on my body

Wow, I hvn't touched the game yet, and I'm no expert, but I believe re-live through these traumatised experiences without a solution / light in the tunnel is very unhealty.
It's not just dark, it's kinda dangerous to some.
Hope everyone is doing Ok / getting better.
The game itself doesn't go that down the rabbit hole. This scene was discarded because of how dark it was. Those who have actually read the final scene can compare how light it is compared to the discarded one.

People who might feel triggered by it probably shouldn't read the PDF, and that's I made the Content Warning before the PDF link.

The game will also move towards acceptance of MC's choices.

I'm personally doing great regarding my gayness. I'm not ashamed anymore, nor do the religious beliefs I once had affect me.
The bullying though... that shaped who I am. I can't escape it. But I cope :)

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
I want to bring this storm of conflicting desires and beliefs to the game, but I don't want to overwhelm readers in darkness.
I should remember that too, my game actually goes the rabbit hole... and it shouldn't. I'll be more careful with that.

And, thanks, Rafster. I do need to take it easy :cry: this update took a toll on my body
Please be well, my friend. For those who don't know, something as trivial as sitting and typing in front of a PC is really painful for alexx. That's why he took so long for this update. I can't imagine how it is for you writing a text based game with your condition.

I love your idea of becoming a bully and start traumatizing others, just like they did to you. losing your sanity on the way.

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
Release notes v0.23 - "Movie Night"

It's Movie Night at St. Agnes.

You'll get a "date" with your man of choice. And I say date in the loosest of ways since none of those bullies are loving, kind, or boyfriend-worthy. Plus, you're not a fag... so you don't want a boyfriend anyway.

This release only has the Haruki date. I was supposed to do the Emmett date for this update too, but I had a bad case of writer's block. I plan to do two more dates for the next one. Stay tuned.

What's new:
• Training with Haruki;
• Movie Night (Haruki Date);
• New side character (Shane);
• New art for the school;
• Changes to the UI;
• New stuff added to links.

HenryVIII

Jun 4, 2017
I really liked the update, Haruki got way more interesting and I'm wondering what the deal with Shane is. Tyler didn't like me going to the date though, I didn't take him for the jealous type.

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
I really liked the update, Haruki got way more interesting and I'm wondering what the deal with Shane is. Tyler didn't like me going to the date though, I didn't take him for the jealous type.
Thanks for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

What did you particularly like about Haruki that he got interesting?

I wouldn't say Tyler is jealous as he sees MC as property/pet more than a person after you choose him in chapter IV. He's possessive and doesn't like people touching/using his things.
You were a very bad "thing" going along with some other guy instead of staying with him.

Can't say more about Shane because I don't wanna reveal much. But he's an ass.

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes