Which main character are you most interested in so far?

• Eryn

Votes: 7,682 57.3%
  • Lena

Votes: 647 4.8%
  • Lucine

Votes: 1,670 12.5%
  • Raisa

Votes: 1,546 11.5%
  • Rithe

Votes: 283 2.1%
  • Murfi (Lucine's Cow)

Votes: 1,374 10.2%
  • Aline

Votes: 41 0.3%
  • Aina

Votes: 21 0.2%
  • Evana

Votes: 68 0.5%
  • Silva

Votes: 73 0.5%

• Total voters

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
I think what dev meant is that every heroine showed in the prologue will be pregnant at some point in the game, not that pregnancy itself will be in the prologue.
This, but we do have a romance scene for all of the characters completed for the end of the prologue. The idea is you have a scene with whichever character you chose to spend time with on the night of the festival and 3 of those paths have h-scenes.

More new heroines will be introduced?
We have 3 new main heroines and a few new romanceable side characters coming very shortly after the prologue. Side characters will sometimes have pregnancy paths but they won't have separate story endings. We may add more heroines later.

Reactions: gojira667

TheoWolf3

Sep 19, 2017
What's the history of breaking save files been like? I just discovered this game and will probably get to it this week but it also looks like the next release will be soon.

ohmz

Feb 6, 2021
What's the history of breaking save files been like? I just discovered this game and will probably get to it this week but it also looks like the next release will be soon.
I don't think they had any issues with the saves. But they are going back and adding things that you will miss if you don't start over.

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
We've had a few releases with save breaking changes. The game is planned to be stable after the 0.10 release, I'd suggest waiting just a bit longer to play the next version.

ThompsonBalo

Jul 15, 2020
This, but we do have a romance scene for all of the characters completed for the end of the prologue. The idea is you have a scene with whichever character you chose to spend time with on the night of the festival and 3 of those paths have h-scenes.

We have 3 new main heroines and a few new romanceable side characters coming very shortly after the prologue. Side characters will sometimes have pregnancy paths but they won't have separate story endings. We may add more heroines later.
Please don`t make the mistake like so many other game devs that introduce a ton of heroines and then spread themself too thin so that each individual part for those heroines is super short and meaningless. Quality over quantity is better overall.

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
How soon are we talking about here? Waiting for the next version.
Version 0.10 is essentially done, but we're going to spend another month touching up the rest of the existing artwork and dialogue before the official release since this version is basically going to be our public demo. The 0.099 release that's about to go public has a lot of those touch ups too. The bump in quality will definitely be worth the wait IMO.

Old-New.png
Before-After Title2.png

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
Version 0.10 is essentially done, but we're going to spend another month touching up the rest of the existing artwork and dialogue before the official release since this version is basically going to be our public demo. The 0.099 release that's about to go public has a lot of those touch ups too. The bump in quality will definitely be worth the wait IMO.

View attachment 2082232
View attachment 2082248
I still miss her old face
Screenshot 2022-10-05 at 01-23-56 Ren'Py - Refuge of Embers v0.09 Public Escape Sauce.png

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
Hows is the progress on 0.10 coming along ? Do you guys have much work left ?
The story and most important scenes are done so we're doing an unnumbered supporter pre-release tomorrow. After that we're planning to spend another month or so finishing the rest of the scenes, adding in the final music tracks, touching up the existing artwork, and doing a partial rewrite. Version 0.10 is eventually going to be a public demo on Steam so we're going to spend some extra time on polish. Also this will be the biggest update we've done by far. Based on lines of code the entire game has somewhere in the range of a 25-50% increase in content.

screenshot0006.png

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
The story and most important scenes are done so we're doing an unnumbered supporter pre-release tomorrow. After that we're planning to spend another month or so finishing the rest of the scenes, adding in the final music tracks, touching up the existing artwork, and doing a partial rewrite. Version 0.10 is eventually going to be a public demo on Steam so we're going to spend some extra time on polish. Also this will be the biggest update we've done by far. Based on lines of code the entire game has somewhere in the range of a 25-50% increase in content.

View attachment 2103469
Damn another month. Oh well I have already waited for a whole year

Reactions: pussymellow

mixa007

Jan 15, 2022
Another postponement of the release of the game for a month. :( Given the speed of the release of updates and the fact that even the prologue has not yet been released, we can get the final version like this ... never. It's a pity, of course, since the project in my opinion had potential, although i did not like the indicated genre of "gays".

Reactions: gamer012345

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
Another postponement of the release of the game for a month. :( Given the speed of the release of updates and the fact that even the prologue has not yet been released, we can get the final version like this ... never. It's a pity, of course, since the project in my opinion had potential, although i did not like the indicated genre of "gays".
Prologue pre-release is out now, but yeah we're being careful to avoid burnout since that's how a lot of these projects fail. The artist and I both work full-time jobs and only have nights and weekends for dev work. As of now we no longer have a backlog of core assets like backgrounds, sprites, and GUI to work on so we estimate we can add 3-4 standard scenes or 2 fully animated h-scenes per month. With this huge release in the final stages we're going to go back to our bi-monthly releases soon, then we'll try to shift that to monthly around spring.

One thing that's really encouraging though is that the main complaint we've heard is that the game is good but we're just not making it fast enough. That's been edging us closer and closer to taking a huge risk and going all in on this. This summer depending on where we are with monthly support the artist is planning on leaving her job to do this full-time which would be a huge deal in terms of how fast we can produce content. Depending on how that goes the game could be done as soon as Q4 2024, but it's reeeally hard to estimate.

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
[...]
One thing that's really encouraging though is that the main complaint we've heard is that the game is good but we're just not making it fast enough. That's been edging us closer and closer to taking a huge risk and going all in on this. This summer depending on where we are with monthly support the artist is planning on leaving her job to do this full-time which would be a huge deal in terms of how fast we can produce content. Depending on how that goes the game could be done as soon as Q4 2024, but it's reeeally hard to estimate.
I believe there's a huge difference between what one can produce with Daz and HS versus hand drawn art, and particularly one this elaborate as yours. I have some friends who are artists and have a bit insight into the process. I know it takes time and you've mentioned it many times, but perhaps the message didn't follow through members here...
About taking the risk to quitting the day job... I've seen many good people and friends getting burned and adding to their shortcomings rather than making progress, so I would advise extreme caution.
But, if it means anything, I've no intention of ending my support anytime soon. Keep up the good work.

4.00 star(s) 32 Votes