Ren'Py Abandoned Rejected No More [v0.2.2] [RoyalCandy]

3.10 star(s) 13 Votes

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
I hope if sandbox stays then we at least will get some quality of life improvements. Room icons at the bottom of the screen to jump between rooms instead of clicking on damn doors/stairs. Possibility to skip time from anywhere and not just from main characters room. Maybe make left side menu less cluttered.:unsure:

Reactions: EZ8lt

Mr. Harper

Feb 25, 2020
However I didn't realised that for some of you cuckold also mean that if you're interested in a girl, but she has a boyfriend she's not allowed to do anything with him.
Wait what??
Look man i don't care if she has a boyfriend or whatever(i know they having sex). The point is why did you show us that she was having sex with her partner, even that doesn't make the scene hot... but it can cause jealousy.

So to fix that in the next version of the game I will add another menu at the beginning of the game where you get to choose if you want to be able to see what the girls are doing with their partners.
You said there will be 33 girls in this game.
Say 20 girls have boyfriends / husbands, and you make their scene fuck at least 1/2.
To be honest it's no different from NTR games ... because I will not have the full experience playing this game (at least 90%).

I don't hate you Dev, it's just that I'm confused by this game system.

no11

Sep 20, 2017

About cuckold and sandbox

Hi there guys,

As you know the first version was already released for quite some time already and most of the people managed to make their own impressions about this game.

I also managed to take a look on some forums about this game and there were quite some hate regarding the game being a sandbox and about the NTR. So I want to make this right.

CUCKOLD

A few months ago I created a poll and cuckold (where the mc is watching is lover) was not voted, but cheating and cuckold(where you're the one to have the fun) was voted.

So that's exactly what I was going to do, because in my opinion cuckold is when your girlfriend/wife is doing some nasty things with another man and you see. However I didn't realised that for some of you cuckold also mean that if you're interested in a girl, but she has a boyfriend she's not allowed to do anything with him.

So to fix that in the next version of the game I will add another menu at the beginning of the game where you get to choose if you want to be able to see what the girls are doing with their partners. So I think this should resolve this problem, as for removing their boyfriends I won't do that because my patrons voted they want to have cheating possible. By cheating I mean they want to have fun with the girls of other men, your girls won't cheat on you.

As for Adam, he's your landlady's boyfriend and there is a quest called Man Of The House. That's the quest you get rid of him. Like most of the games there has to be an enemy, well in this game that enemy is Adam.

SANDBOX

As for this part, I'm not sure I want to change it, however I will create a poll for my patrons and let them decide, because most of them supported me for a few months without expecting anything in return and I have to make right by them.

As most of my polls each pledge will have a different score.

Best regards,
Jason

I hope this is good enough.
So basically that Adam is like BB's Eric? Then telling people it's not NTR is the same as saying BB's Eric is not NTR. And I guess everyone know what happened when Eric was introduced in BB.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
You said there will be 33 girls in this game.
Say 20 girls have boyfriends / husbands, and you make their scene fuck at least 1/2.
To be honest it's no different from NTR games ... because I will not have the full experience playing this game (at least 90%).
I agree with what you are saying. I think the main problem is that the dev is trying to write something that he doesn't actually understand or know about.

That's why I don't think patrons should decide what kind of content is in a game and it should be solely up to the developer because you end up with a situation like this where the dev has to write about something that he doesn't understand.

Last edited:

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
So to fix that in the next version of the game I will add another menu at the beginning of the game where you get to choose if you want to be able to see what the girls are doing with their partners. So I think this should resolve this problem, as for removing their boyfriends I won't do that because my patrons voted they want to have cheating possible. By cheating I mean they want to have fun with the girls of other men, your girls won't cheat on you.

As for Adam, he's your landlady's boyfriend and there is a quest called Man Of The House. That's the quest you get rid of him. Like most of the games there has to be an enemy, well in this game that enemy is Adam.
Why do you need to show them having sex though? Thats EXACTLY what people voted against. That sex scene does nothing for the people who want what won the poll. So you never answered the question, why does the scene need to exist in the first place? No ones asking you to remove him, they are asking why did you put time into making a sex scene for him when it could have been the MC? Resources are limited.
if you want to be able to see what the girls are doing with their partners
Does this mean every other girl is going to have a pointless feature that most people dont want to see, as per poll, sucking up resources? This kind of sounds like you completely misunderstood why people are actually angry/disappointed.

Sound like this is turning up to be a half voyeurism game. Good for people that like that I guess, but more then disappointing for me.

Last edited:

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
''as for removing their boyfriends I won't do that because my patrons voted they want to have cheating possible. By cheating I mean they want to have fun with the girls of other men, your girls won't cheat on you''
so are there going to be single girls in this game or are we just fucking other peoples girls, and when you say your girls wont cheat on you are they the same girls who are gonna go back and fuck their bfs because if so they are not our girls

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020

About cuckold and sandbox

Hi there guys,

As you know the first version was already released for quite some time already and most of the people managed to make their own impressions about this game.

I also managed to take a look on some forums about this game and there were quite some hate regarding the game being a sandbox and about the NTR. So I want to make this right.

CUCKOLD

A few months ago I created a poll and cuckold (where the mc is watching is lover) was not voted, but cheating and cuckold(where you're the one to have the fun) was voted.

So that's exactly what I was going to do, because in my opinion cuckold is when your girlfriend/wife is doing some nasty things with another man and you see. However I didn't realised that for some of you cuckold also mean that if you're interested in a girl, but she has a boyfriend she's not allowed to do anything with him.

SANDBOX

As for this part, I'm not sure I want to change it, however I will create a poll for my patrons and let them decide, because most of them supported me for a few months without expecting anything in return and I have to make right by them.

Best regards,
Jason

I hope this is good enough.
I understand that your patrons wanted cuckold(you are not getting cucked) but most of them must have wanted side girls to be in a relationship and as far as incest games go family members are usually main girls. I doubt they wanted to see main girls in a relationship and getting fucked.

Just have a poll and ask patrons if they want main characters to be in a relationship and to see them getting fucked by their boyfriend/husband. A lot of people who don't like NTR are mostly against voyeurism too.

the basic definition of NTR is to cause jealousy and since everyone know mom is one of the love interests in this game people are gonna get jealous anyways.

Mr. Harper

Feb 25, 2020
That's why I don't think patrons should decide what kind of content is in a game and it should be solely up to the developer because you end up with a situation like this where the dev has to write about something that he doesn't understand.
Yeah, I'm so worried about a dev like this (a patrons who manages content in the game), what if this game has an NTR route?
It wouldn't be fair to the patron (Vanilla lovers) who supported since the NMS games.

Reactions: Rinbael

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019

CUCKOLD

I think some of the misunderstandings are coming from you having the definitions wrong. Cuckold (Netorare) is where the MC watches a situation by accident or by setup, feels jealous, but also somewhat enjoys it while feeling pathetic or not. That can be witnessing a cheating (spouse, girlfriend doing it with someone else), or just simply a crush of theirs getting pounded, as the current trends go in the genre. The latter, is basically a reverse of that, where he does the cucking (Netori), with the same rules. You can call the first scenario a cheating and cuckold as well, with the MC having opposite roles. Cheating is just cheating, whether the other half finds out or not. So unless you plan for Adam to see how mommy gets pounded by the MC for example, that's going to be simply cheating, not even a netori or reverse cuckolding (if they are still together by the time there's sex with the mom). By the way, watching other people having sex but not feeling anything because of it other than sexual arousal, is what falls under voyeurism (whether you know the people who's fucking or not).

I wouldn't call the Adam situation right now an NTR one, but it is close to it, since MC already hates him, even if he doesn't have sexual or romantic feelings for his mother just now. But that's not the problem for the most of us I think (course there are some that screams NTR because of it, but they are in a minority). What the problem is with the scene, that's it's completely unnecessary. I can't see any good reason to have it in the game, aside from the game having some sex scenes so it could show that it is an adult one, but only for that. It does feels like a waste of time and renders though, because by the setup, this is a case where story should take priority over sex scenes, at least for now. Also as someone else mentioned, watching someone else having sex with your future possible target is exactly what people voted against.

Having a skip button is somewhat solves this, but the core of the problem is that watching others getting chummy with your future targets, unless it's purely a voyeur scenario, is what your voters didn't want to have.

The limited sandbox aspect worked out very well in NMS, so it does in other already big games (Badik), and in some of the upcoming ones. Even in Deluca, sandbox is different from the usual, as while there's a level of grind, you don't have to hunt scenes because everyone is being put into different areas on different days with different options. Your current sandbox concept is almost like Big Brother's, which worked fine some years ago, but not anymore.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
''as for removing their boyfriends I won't do that because my patrons voted they want to have cheating possible. By cheating I mean they want to have fun with the girls of other men, your girls won't cheat on you''
so are there going to be single girls in this game or are we just fucking other peoples girls, and when you say your girls wont cheat on you are they the same girls who are gonna go back and fuck their bfs because if so they are not our girls
If the previous game is any indication, MC will eventually win them over. Which is the point of having rivals.

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
I didn't realised that for some of you cuckold also mean that if you're interested in a girl, but she has a boyfriend she's not allowed to do anything with him.
You don't understand what these ppl are trying to say... the mom is a LI, some of us fans don't give a shit about that wannabe Casanova on juice or the other "caring" BFs, we don't want a "detailed description" of what they doing in bed or where/how they fuck. That's a waste of time and resources. There's also the risk that MC's scenes will be disappointing compared to Adam's, and we back to square one and more complaints. You understand now ??

Another big minus is your decision to let patrons vote kinks and aspects of the story... that's not a good idea. You should ask for feedback, read the comments and the reviews, but you should stick to your vision of the game and make the game how you feel it's best. Letting patrons vote how you make your game means a certain clusterfuck scenario with lots of events that don't make sense or out of character situations.

So to fix that in the next version of the game I will add another menu at the beginning of the game where you get to choose if you want to be able to see what the girls are doing with their partners.
So Christine wasn't the only LI/side character you want to throw under the bus, the other 32 will follow her, eh ?? We will have more women getting fucked by their BFs while our boi is sitting comfy enjoying the show.:FacePalm::FacePalm: If she's not MC's girl the fans won't be pissed cause it's still a sex scene, it don't matter who/how many dudes fuck her, right ?? Hell no... shit like voyeurism and cheating is exactly what non NTR fans don't wanna see.

as for removing their boyfriends I won't do that because my patrons voted they want to have cheating possible. By cheating I mean they want to have fun with the girls of other men, your girls won't cheat on you.
Nah, by cheating they wanted to see the main ladies cheat on the wimpy MC. I'm 99.99% sure that's what they want, thus that wimp as MC.;)

Again, you the dev, you call the shots and make the story how you want. You will never please everybody, so stick to how you want to make the game and read ppl's comments if you care about what your fans say. You don't want to disappoint your fans with this game, but ironically, that's exactly what you did with the mom's scenes and Natalie's character, whom you presented as a shitty friend and a gold digger.

acondo

Jul 23, 2020
I’m sorry but, what the hell is the developer, talking about?, nobody gives a fuck if the girls have boyfriends or husbands, that’s not the problem that people is addressing, the problem is that the game puts the player in the shoes of a cuck, that for some reason has to stay and watch the girls that he is interested in having sex with another person.

I say that the NTR tag is well implemented in this case, too bad :cry: , because the first game was one of my favorites, also by the response of the developer, is clear that a lot of the content will be this weird voyeur/ cuckold mix. Lastly it says a lot that the only sex in the game is a cuck scene.(n)

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
but by that point they are already ruined, i dont want a LI who is also going to be fucking her BF i want 1 thats just for the MC
There will be single ones too from what I understand. I think one of the sisters is single but not sure since the horrid sandbox made me quit before the end. And the ruined part is obviously more of a "you" problem than with the actual characters.

Personally, I consider all these games with a cast full of extremely hot ladies, who all happen to be single, horny and waiting for MC's dick, to have laughably bad writing. It's like every game takes place in a post-apocalyptic setting where MC is the last one with a dick left on earth. Especially when the same games also have MC pose as "alpha", when it's practically impossible to be one without actual competition for comparison.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I liked NMS very much, even though it's turned into a fuckfest, but seeing this, as the reason why NMS turned out the way it did, is kinda disappointing.
That's the best description for No More Secrets I've ever heard. The game was promising with a close look on the characters and their motivations, then Royal Candy got bored and added the mom in 2 updates into his harem. No build up. One day you see her, don't see her for 3-4 updates, find out she's your mom. Doesn't show up for another 2 updates, then she's falling in love with you in 2. Sleeping together in a hotel bed naked iirc, then next update they get busy. So, yeah, bad. All the theming and patience is abandoned for more sex. The pacing was so good until after the party too.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Profound_Madman

N7Pi3

Feb 4, 2018
I personally don't particularly mind the Adam scenes too much especially knowing we will be stealing her from him in the future. My issue is that these are the only scenes in the game so far and to couple that with grindy sandbox mechanics which for now have no payoff is just really off putting, at least to me.

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
I’m sorry but, what the hell is the developer, talking about?, nobody gives a fuck if the girls have boyfriends or husbands, that’s not the problem that people is addressing, the problem is that the game puts the player in the shoes of a cuck, that for some reason has to stay and watch the girls that he is interested in having sex with another person.
But if people don't have problems with some of the girls having boyfriends and husbands, then simply being able to skip those scenes should fix that, right? I'm seeing back and forth going on here. Not with you in particular, but I see some people saying it's fine if they have boyfriends, but they don't want to be forced to watch them go at it. But then when the dev said those scenes will be skippable, they still complain about it.

So, they're lying. They're saying that they're OK with some of the LIs having boyfriends, as long as they don't have to see it. But in actuality, they don't want any LI to have a boyfriend/husband. At least the person a few posts above came out and stated they don't want any of the girls to have boyfriends. At least they're being honest.

3.10 star(s) 13 Votes