jish55

Nov 23, 2017
wait a min what? so all our choices regarding this is crap? what? why? i rather this doesn't turn into another harem game, im panicking!!

View attachment 493980
View attachment 493981
I don't think that's what he's saying, especially when we didn't use previous saves for this game, he was just saying how, for this, those were the three potential LI choices he decided to go with.

Reactions: Zivairs

Nizzquizz

Oct 20, 2017
First time playing 'Reluctant Archon' made me a 'Jubiliant Player' - honestly whenever he closed his eyes I thought "pleeease, nooo, go on, I want to read more!" and did an audible little cheer for what I believe was the start of Chapter 3 (yeeeah, there's more! =D). Great stuff, great game.

balinorr

Apr 25, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
nah i probably just interpret it the wrong way, what can i say? this isn't the first time something like this happened in games or books. i honestly love this game the story and the art are awesome and at same time i would like the choices that are presented to me in the game to mean something, it leaves a bad aftertaste when you try to choose only to end up with no real choice at all. i guess what im trying to say here is i hate to see this beautiful game turn into another "catch all girls" in the end kinda thing.

on another note, what does -->LI<-- stand for
sweating.gif

• Haha
Oct 24, 2019
nah i probably just interpret it the wrong way, what can i say? this isn't the first time something like this happened in games or books. i honestly love this game the story and the art are awesome and at same time i would like the choices that are presented to me in the game to mean something, it leaves a bad aftertaste when you try to choose only to end up with no real choice at all. i guess what im trying to say here is i hate to see this beautiful game turn into another "catch all girls" in the end kinda thing.

on another note, what does -->LI<-- stand for
View attachment 494035
LI is short for Love Interest.

Pmktrn17

Aug 8, 2019
First and forth most i absolutely love this game.

Now onto the LI's/Priestess i really really hope you reconsider Nessa as one cause truth be told that would be my pick. I think her reasons for being with the MC is the best of them all, cause she wants to, cause she choose him. There is no hero worship, no bonding just she had a thing for him and now she sorta trapped in his world and it really looks like she wants to stay and learn and is starting to except it.

So yea those are my reasoning behind it and just cause i really like Nessa so hoping she'll be come an option for him to be an LI/Priestess.

Reactions: rKnight and Zivairs

Zivairs

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
I can't wait for a flashback or special showing off how Vanessa and the protagonist first met and hooked up. I'm real curious as to how that went down.
At this point, I think you guys would be tired of Flashbacks, lol. But yeah, I have a way for it to be brought up…

First and forth most i absolutely love this game.

Now onto the LI's/Priestess i really really hope you reconsider Nessa as one cause truth be told that would be my pick. I think her reasons for being with the MC is the best of them all, cause she wants to, cause she choose him. There is no hero worship, no bonding just she had a thing for him and now she sorta trapped in his world and it really looks like she wants to stay and learn and is starting to except it.

So yea those are my reasoning behind it and just cause i really like Nessa so hoping she'll be come an option for him to be an LI/Priestess.
If you chose to stay with Nessa, then yeah, the option to have her as a Priestess will show up.

Reactions: L30 and Pmktrn17

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
I can't wait for a flashback or special showing off how Vanessa and the protagonist first met and hooked up. I'm real curious as to how that went down.
That could always fit Valentines, just a thought.
But then we must still save her from her cruel fate, and get out of the Vampire lair.
Right now the MC is taking a nap.

• Thinking Face

Thumper27

Aug 12, 2019
Thank you for the gift, as always, well done.
The fact that it was not just a "one off" like some holiday episodes but ties directly to the next chapter is brilliant.

At this point, I think you guys would be tired of Flashbacks, lol. But yeah, I have a way for it to be brought up…
My opinion, and I claim nothing more ... It's all in how you use it.
Flashbacks can be tiring, mainly because they are used too often to correct deviations or repair a broken story line, leaving the story just feeling "wrong" somehow to the reader/player.
However ... The R.A. writing is so on point in character building/ story advancement that your use of flashbacks in nightmare/ unconscious state or just as a repressed memory to explain feelings or reactions, it builds the bond between characters/story and reader.

For example, some VN's will drop a character in mid story and give a "MEH ..they have a history" explanation of attraction and "OOH she's soo pwetty!" (I'm being a dick, but that's how it feels to me).
But in introducing us to Alvara you showed there really is a primal connection between the two (memory of his early training/nurturing/her attempted defense from father) not just a history, a bond.
It was so well done.

I'm rambling ...

Thank You again and keep up the fantastic work.

ianpac

Oct 31, 2018
Awesome game really enjoyed it so far. Def one of my favorites now. Love the story. Idk but I really like when the MC and his father don't get along.

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
Nobody likes the MC's father, hes an asshole, I can understand the mothers actions from a magical and safety standpoint, but the father deserves to be turned into an S-bend (the toilet part) for all the shit he put the family through.

Ghostdanser

Jul 12, 2017
I love this game...it's one I definitely keep an eye on. The renders are great, the characters are well developed, the story is gripping...and those were the bad points. I mean seriously, this is probably the best take for a modern update of gods and myths setting. It sets a pretty high bar for the genre.

Anyways...thanks for the X-mas present and Merry Christmas!

• Love
Aug 3, 2017
Nobody likes the MC's father, hes an asshole, I can understand the mothers actions from a magical and safety standpoint, but the father deserves to be turned into an S-bend (the toilet part) for all the shit he put the family through.
Yeh, maybe if (when?) you become patriarch you can exile the man and strip him of the family name, think that would break him considering how important he finds his family line (his family members not so much, as is evident from his treatment of MC).

Ghostdanser

Jul 12, 2017
Yeh, maybe if (when?) you become patriarch you can exile the man and strip him of the family name, think that would break him considering how important he finds his family line (his family members not so much, as is evident from his treatment of MC).
Hmmm...the father...well exile is clearly out. He would just plot to return and subjugate the MC. Besides he killed the woman the MC loved AND his unborn child. Now if it were me I would suggest trussing him him up like the pig he is and lowering him feet first into a chipper shredder...but for those preferring a more hands-on approach there is always the Hanover Fist method...

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
per request, here is my unofficial android port of Reluctant Archon Christmas Special v1.0.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 69 Votes