RanchFTW

Donor
Oct 21, 2017
I am incredibly flattered that you enjoyed the story, that you feel this strongly about this last update. With that said:

‘Story be damned’? The hell? I said in a past post back in Aug that there was going to be a fiery-red haired Goddess making an appearance. ‘No way to make the characters do it naturally, so it had to be a dream sequence.’ Yes, it did, because I haven’t given you a choice whether you want it to happen or not. Yes, it was thrown in at a dramatic point, but at this point in the Story, I would hope you guys know that most of the Gods/Goddess don’t give a shit when/where something they want to happen takes place.

Yes, I did consider removing Alvara because I wanted everyone to know that the MC does not like to be used. Could I have achieved this by just removing only Lillian? No, Lillian only showed up for a small part, whereas Alvara was there for far more(as you’ve already mentioned.) So removing Alvara would have had a more significant impact on the reader. But yes, my girlfriend stepped in and made me stick with my original plot design for her. Which I don’t mind, I think(hope) people will enjoy it.
Well, send a big thank you to your girlfriend from me then! Alvara is my favorite character aside from the MC so far. I really like the contrast of her being this strong Amazonian guardian, but making the MC heart-shaped waffles. It's cute, and while I'm not normally a fan of that, I am a big fan of it in this. By the way, I really enjoy the lore you're creating and the game so far is stellar. It's thoroughly enjoyable and something I'll have to support financially I think. Keep up the amazing job!

proximusArka

Nov 1, 2018
Great story and latest update is the best so far, but who is Serena?! Some hints will very much be appreciated. The way she talks about the leech being a puppet and all!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Zivairs

Zivairs

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
changelog says there is some new faces as well as some old ones.
this has thrown me off a bit as we are only on chapter 3 so where are the old characters from? is there a previous game with these characters that I have failed to notice?
The old Faces are the Brother Nolan, the God of Trade Halmjir, and assuming you played the Short-Story, the one that took place sevenish years ago. The Three Goddesses. And well the Father and Winston, Story-wise it’s been eight years since they have been seen. Player-wise, you have only seen them in Flashbacks/Dreams.

I also like how as the goddess of healing I did so by punching him in the face.
Glad you liked that aspect. From the stories I’ve read, I grew tired of healers being represented as Meek or only Wisdom-bringers. So I wanted an unorthodox fiery one. Sort of like, you must endure the pain from the healer to be healed. If that makes sense, Example: If a bone has healed wrong, the Dr. must rebreak it, to set it.

Hahaha talking about rushing to the end of a episode........
Did it feel rushed? Personally, I felt if I include more. It would have had no meaning on the current story, or for future story…

Great story and latest update is the best so far, but who is Serena?! Some hints will very much be appreciated. The way she talks about the leech being a puppet and all!
There haven’t been any hints about her, because the MC has not met her. He only knows her name because Soteria gave him the Gift of Sight, and he heard it being called out.

That was a good update. Hopefully we can add that vampire girl to the harem since we just killed her master
IF I can wright it where it makes sense ...I may include her….probably as a…servent or something to Elizabeth…maybe.

Reactions: Haast and L30

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Glad you liked that aspect. From the stories I’ve read, I grew tired of healers being represented as Meek or only Wisdom-bringers. So I wanted an unorthodox fiery one. Sort of like, you must endure the pain from the healer to be healed. If that makes sense, Example: If a bone has healed wrong, the Dr. must rebreak it, to set it.
I really liked it.

She was angry so wasn't likely to sing him to sleep.

The dress was gorgeous though.

Reactions: Zivairs and D Dog

smokebox

Dec 22, 2018
It's been a while since my last post here, but damn... after this episode i have to come back and give praise Zivairs for his amazing work, dude this story is by far one of my favorites, please keep doing what you are doing bro, you have a real talent for this, first i like to say that you have improved a lot since you started in every way,
writing,grammar,rendering,posing,effects,etc.
Second i like to say that this chapter is my favorite so far!!,so much story progress i just loved, to be honest i was so engaged in the read that i feeled the tears starting to form in a certain moment and i bet you know what i am talking about, so i won't spoil for those that still need to see, and in this particular moment i was sure that you would stop and that was gonna be the cliffhanger but you gave us even more story and i was so happy, that i was caught offguard when the actual cliffhanger arrived :ROFLMAO: , to finish i like to say that i like all the characters and main girls but Alvara and Nessa are the best waifus for sure!!! thank you for all your hard work.

Nemesis1247

Jun 15, 2019
here is my unofficial android port of Reluctant Archon Chapter.Three.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
Thanks

The Ascendent

Jun 9, 2018
Great chapter, interesting reveals new friends and enemies revealed and a nice call back to the prequel mini-story. This story is one of my favourites and I can hardly wait for more.

saolo996

Nov 20, 2017
I just finished playing this chapter and I already want a new one. Simply one of the best stories I've ever played.
Keep up the great work.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm not sure my heart can take all this strain though.

First I thought Alvara was getting sent away, I got sad, she stayed and I got happy. Then she got dead and I cried then she's alive and i'm happy.

I think my heart may give in before the end.

On a plus side we now have Vampire to add to the harem club.

Only now everyone knows what and where he is.

Things gone get fun.

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
Ok so I'm here thinking of the story (I have said dev's have there scrips or drawing board they know what they are planning) But if I was MC being dragged into everybody's else's war or dragging my own people who I might consider family more then my own family. after all of this war with Rimsin I would gather everyone in my inner circle and tell them the truth, Some already know the truth just not the whole truth Nessa know's who you are she knows what you are just not all of it in detail. Only people who know everything is Lillian and Alvara. So I if I was MC would tell my inner circle the truth except things that have to do with Soteria since that in its own. its a problem. But that's my thoughts if I was MC..... One more thing ALL HAIL MR. SNUGGLES

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
The old Faces are the Brother Nolan, the God of Trade Halmjir, and assuming you played the Short-Story, the one that took place sevenish years ago. The Three Goddesses. And well the Father and Winston, Story-wise it’s been eight years since they have been seen. Player-wise, you have only seen them in Flashbacks/Dreams.

Did it feel rushed? Personally, I felt if I include more. It would have had no meaning on the current story, or for future story…

There haven’t been any hints about her, because the MC has not met her. He only knows her name because Soteria gave him the Gift of Sight, and he heard it being called out.

IF I can wright it where it makes sense ...I may include her….probably as a…servent or something to Elizabeth…maybe.
With the Healer being "rough", why not, but Id say she would still be the Wisdom type, just doesnt take any shit, from anybody.

Didn't really feel rushed, he could have punished the werewolf a little more, make Rimsin void his warranty so to speak, then punish him a little before poof, but yeah, too much more and it might have felt drawn out.

With the vamp and Elizibeth, You could always have her turned, from a common style Vampire into the ancient celtic style, bathes/drinks blood only to keep young and attractive[Like the Blood queen], its a pretty-much feminist myth, any male bitten by them goes insane, or dies, death being the preferred, but no other downsides of vampires

I always liked how you mentioned the goddess of witches in the past, Hecate that is, my mother is a witch, so I have nothing but respect there, I am Shinto myself so in my own way similar to real witches, not sure if id want to encounter her in the game though, she can get angry at those who upset her [You don't upset the one who gives you strength].

All in all great, three thumbs up

SecretDesire

May 15, 2019
Hey i wanna ask something persephone and demeter talking about macaria's pregnancy but if i dont remember wrong we are the father of the summer but they are talking about "green god" i am missing something here ?

teabaiseach

Nov 12, 2017
Another great chapter I think its the best thing on this site certainly on par with the big commercial releases so really congratulations and best of luck for the rest of it. As to the story I'm really happy things played out as they did. While the main thing is I hate death of characters in games the other thing would be that I assume the MC would still have gone all god like but in this case it would have been in rage and bloodshed rather than healing and resurrection which I much prefer.

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
I really appreciate how unafraid the dev is to actually consistently move his story forward. So many VNs on these boards seem to get stuck spinning their wheels for ages on the buildup to story events rather than tackling the events themselves. I've never come away from one of Zivairs updates feeling like nothing has happened.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Another great chapter I think its the best thing on this site certainly on par with the big commercial releases so really congratulations and best of luck for the rest of it. As to the story I'm really happy things played out as they did. While the main thing is I hate death of characters in games the other thing would be that I assume the MC would still have gone all god like but in this case it would have been in rage and bloodshed rather than healing and resurrection which I much prefer.
Except the whole reason he did it was to save her, going all rage like would have done the exact opposite and made him look like an idiot afterwards.

4.60 star(s) 69 Votes