whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I get your point, but lets use your analogy of Batman (Movie?) : So each 3 months you get to see 5 minutes,would you be happy with that or might you think maybe the flashbacks can wait until I have seen the main story?
All depends.
If the film came in chapters and it just so happened that the current chapter was a flashback, yes, I'd be happy.
Especially if it adds something extra to the character and their relationships, which is able to be noticed moving forward with the main story.
Maybe it makes the bond between MC & Sammy seem stronger, gives it more relevance?
For the Batman reference, it gives his character motivation which is then seen and experienced by the viewer. Yes. I would definitely be happy if one episode of the story was devoted to a back -story arc, as long as it adds to the characters we already know & helps us to know them better.

M'95

May 17, 2019
All depends.
If the film came in chapters and it just so happened that the current chapter was a flashback, yes, I'd be happy.
Especially if it adds something extra to the character and their relationships, which is able to be noticed moving forward with the main story.
Maybe it makes the bond between MC & Sammy seem stronger, gives it more relevance?
Cool, well I dissagree, but not by much ;)

p.s. You were really fast with your reply, I edited it a little bit after.

Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
your right. strange i didn't see it that way. i guess the fact i haven't read any of them would explain it. i still wont but i do thank you honestly for your insight as it does help to broaden my horizons so again thanks for that :)
That's the good thing. I don't think you need to know Bruce Wayne's childhood, for him to be an indomitable crime fighter.
Batman is still Batman.
But knowing why he's Batman, why & how he is, what drives him, certainly adds more to your understanding of how/why he does what he does.
Same here. You can continue to play the game and not notice what you've not seen. No problem. But if you do see it, it can enhance the main game a little, maybe.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
Reluctant Archon [v1.0 Full Vss] Kyois

Original Size Win/Linux: 1.31 GB
Original Size Mac: 1.30 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 93 MB: -
Compressed Size Mac: 76 MB: -

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

The the Guy

Jun 28, 2018
I treat Side Stories like this almost like small flashback sequence in films.
We all know the MC & Sammy. One of them is just remembering back to how they met & it triggered a flashback to show us what they remember.
Batman remembers his parents being killed & has flashbacks.
It's a commonly used medium to portray memories of the character we know, giving more depth to their character, so doesn't really count as cart before horse from a story telling perspective.
Id treat it like that too if it was something optional in the game and not something separate. Since it isnt in the game I treat it more like a seperate product in the same universe. If the dev doesnt want it treated as a separate product he should do something like what ecchi sensei does and when the MC goes to sleep give the player an option to play through the flash back.

neverthy

Apr 23, 2019
Why are many of these small devs trying to branch out the games by creating multiple genders/occupation, different modes or trying to "explain the lore"? IMO nobody cares about the those things, just make one MC and work on it. This is third or forth smaller games that I find interesting but is put off by those things.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Id treat it like that too if it was something optional in the game and not something separate. Since it isnt in the game I treat it more like a seperate product in the same universe. If the dev doesnt want it treated as a separate product he should do something like what ecchi sensei does and when the MC goes to sleep give the player an option to play through the flash back.
Agreed. Don't know why it's done as a seperate/independent project, but someone posted earlier saying that the dev has plans to incorporate these into the main game so, if that's right, it will turn out the way you describe. (y)

Why are many of these small devs trying to branch out the games by creating multiple genders/occupation, different modes or trying to "explain the lore"? IMO nobody cares about the those things, just make one MC and work on it. This is third or forth smaller games that I find interesting but is put off by those things.
Don't forget, just because you don't care about it, doesn't mean that nobody else does.
A small search through this thread would show that there are many people interested in the lore.

neverthy

Apr 23, 2019
Don't forget, just because you don't care about it, doesn't mean that nobody else does.
A small search through this thread would show that there are many people interested in the lore.
Fair enough, but when it comes to making money things like expanding the lore doesn't help that IMO. In addition to that having multiple downloadable parts will probably just kill the interest of some people (possible customers).

Reactions: User1230

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Fair enough, but when it comes to making money things like expanding the lore doesn't help that IMO.
It's a back story.
It's like finding out what happened to Bruce Wayne as a kid.
Not necessary, but adds depth and motivation to the character.
For the money side of it, it's not my bank balance, so I don't worry about it?

RustyCooter

Apr 5, 2020
I would kinda like to see main game worked on then short stories. That's where the main interest is. In know there have been lots of flashbacks in this game. Why could there not have been some way too add that to the main game. You know mc and Sammy sitting around reminiscing about how they meet. ect. ect. I'm fine with them either way cause I really like the game. I just want the main story to move along.

Reactions: User1230 and EZ8lt

DeathAl

Jan 26, 2019
I'm not sure if I should be happy that there is an update or sad that this is not the continuation of the main story.

Reactions: User1230
4.60 star(s) 69 Votes