[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
So, this is more of a side note than anything, but while I was looking up LexCorp in the Lego Dimensions wiki (Lexcorp is based on a Tetrahedron shape that slowly ROTATES in the Lego movie series), I came across this description:

LexCorp was originally organized as an aerospace engineering firm started in the top floor offices of The Daily Planet building in Metropolis and has since become one of the world's largest, most diversified multinational conglomerates.
That's a fun bit of lore! I like the idea of Lex interacting with Lois in the Daily Planet building 'back in the day'! Just mentioning this in case people working on Lois scenes might want to incorporate this into the dialogue...
Yup, that would explain how Lex knew about Lois servicing Perry & Jimmy in the stockroom.
DC Jimmy_Olsen Lois_Lane Superman__The_Animated_Series Superman_(series) zugalov.jpg DC DCAU Jimmy_Olsen Lois_Lane Superman__The_Animated_Series Superman_(series) XeroShadows.png DC DCAU Lois_Lane Perry_White Superman__The_Animated_Series Superman_(series).jpg

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Okay just for clarification Rebuilt and Re-Imagined are two separate efforts, both utilizing Ren'Py. Rebuilt is a conversion of SU from Unity to Ren'Py where Re-Imagined is a modification of SU to improve interfaces and add missing game management and actual gaming elements, (notably conflict), into SU. at what point are xMendosa's efforts in converting SU into Ren'Py rolled into Re-Imagined?

PLease correct me if I am wrong. I believe I understand the reasoning for keeping them, (mostly), separate at this point. Right now, it is desirable to converge the two efforts and as Re-Imagined's plotline diverges from SR7's, (almost non-existent), plotline it will become less desirable. I am just trying to understand how the interaction works and to assist in accomplishing it.

• Hey there
Reactions: OhWee

lostone2

Jul 1, 2017
Okay just for clarification Rebuilt and Re-Imagined are two separate efforts, both utilizing Ren'Py. Rebuilt is a conversion of SU from Unity to Ren'Py where Re-Imagined is a modification of SU to improve interfaces and add missing game management and actual gaming elements, (notably conflict), into SU. at what point are xMendosa's efforts in converting SU into Ren'Py rolled into Re-Imagined?

PLease correct me if I am wrong. I believe I understand the reasoning for keeping them, (mostly), separate at this point. Right now, it is desirable to converge the two efforts and as Re-Imagined's plotline diverges from SR7's, (almost non-existent), plotline it will become less desirable. I am just trying to understand how the interaction works and to assist in accomplishing it.
I think that the idea is to keep both projects separated always. The only reason that we have news about SU Rebuilt (xMendoza's project) in this thread is because the creator has decided to keep the people that read this thread up to date.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee and Macfinn99

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017

I think that the idea is to keep both projects separated always. The only reason that we have news about SU Rebuilt (xMendoza's project) in this thread is because the creator has decided to keep the people that read this thread up to date.
Lostone essentially has this right. The backstory is a bit more complicated than I'll explain here, but the short form is that xMendoza and I have different visions of how the Ren'Py remakes of SU should look and feel. So it was decided that there would be two versions going forward, the 'more faithful' version and the 'reworked and reimagined gameplay' version.

Both are worthy endeavors, so tracking both of these efforts here is just not a problem, and I don't mind at all linking the latest xMendoza builds in the OP and having discussions of both versions here. In fact, you may note the OhWee in the lower right corner of Rebuilt, as I helped a bit with the initial coding in Rebuilt although I haven't touched the Rebuilt code directly in months now other than to check out the latest version.

So yeah, creative differences, but we still support each others efforts where we can.

There's still a bit of cross-synergy between the two versions (i.e. copying quarters scenes over with modifications and such), but the coding and sprite handling philosophy has definitely gone in different directions since November/December, so it's not a simple matter of dropping a girl folder from one version to the other, you need to modify the associated coding, and then there's the ReImagined embracing the layeredimage sprite assembly philosophy vs. Rebuilt's 'fully assembled' sprite philosophy among a few other things.

There is still a hope the one of these might end up being 'adopted' by GS Games so that the buggy Unity version can be kicked to the curb, but it's been 8 months now and no one from GS Games has reached out to me at least... I can't speak for xMendoza of course!

With ReImagined, my personal goal has been to set the framework to add new content, as well as improve and build upon the gameplay as you all know. Rebuilt 2 is more interested in keeping the 'original core gameplay' essentially intact, with perhaps a couple of improvements here and there.

Rebuilt is a bit more limited in scope (i.e. recreating the SU Unity game using Ren'Py) so it's probably more likely that it will cross the finish line first, whenever that is. ReImagined has larger goals (additional gameplay options, new content and such), so it's going to take a while longer...

I'm sure others may think that it might be nice if the two Ren'Py versions were re-united, but they just have different design philosophies at this point.

Hope that explains things!
;)

Malagga

Jun 16, 2023
Hi, I downloaded this a few days ago from the first page because I thought the changes you made to the base game looked good.

I played it the last two days and stumbled over an, in my opinion, hilarious bug.
The Glamour Slam is about to make Lex into a billionaire in less than a year.

I don't know if were already aware of that and if yes feel free to ignore my message.

I took my time to upgrade every building in my possession, captured every heroine and upgraded them all to the point that they could perform every task for Roulette and Catwoman.

Around day 200 there was a sudden jump in income, specifically the second level of the Glamour Slam, stripping.
After a bit of testing I found that every heroine I leave in that position for more than a day earns between 50M and 200M dollar, per night.

Anyway good job with this game so far guys, it is already quite a bit of fun and I am impressed how much you managed to do in half a year.

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Hi, I downloaded this a few days ago from the first page because I thought the changes you made to the base game looked good.

I played it the last two days and stumbled over an, in my opinion, hilarious bug.

I don't know if were already aware of that and if yes feel free to ignore my message.

I took my time to upgrade every building in my possession, captured every heroine and upgraded them all to the point that they could perform every task for Roulette and Catwoman.

Around day 200 there was a sudden jump in income, specifically the second level of the Glamour Slam, stripping.
After a bit of testing I found that every heroine I leave in that position for more than a day earns between 50M and 200M dollar, per night.

Anyway good job with this game so far guys, it is already quite a bit of fun and I am impressed how much you managed to do in half a year.
Only $200M for one night??? The record for that glitch is $3.5B. Yeah it is funny, but it takes the fun out of managing the girls or arranging heists. Please keep play testing and reporting anomalies, . . .

• Haha
Reactions: OhWee and Jimwalrus

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017

Only $200M for one night??? The record for that glitch is $3.5B. Yeah it is funny, but it takes the fun out of managing the girls or arranging heists. Please keep play testing and reporting anomalies, . . .

I'd REALLY like to know how y'all are generating this glitch. There is no 'time' component to income generation at the GS/MB, only fatigue and tier modifiers, and any such 'after x days' math just isn't there/in the formula to begin with.

So this will apply to ANY glitch, not just this one, but AS SOON AS you notice that a glitch has happened, SAVE IMMEDIATELY and then post your save here. NOT all of your saves (I don't have time to go through your entire playtest session, I have other stuff I'm working on), just the save you've made immediately after observing that a glitch has happened.

And of course describe the glitch you've just seen and a brief rundown of what you were doing at the time. And of course screenshots of any error messages that you may encounter - I may not need saves for these if the error message is 'self-explanatory' to me, but can't hurt...

But back to the save thing, if you SAVE IMMEDIATELY, I can then use rollback to get a better idea of what you were doing when the glitch happened, as well as check a few variables 'under the hood' as it were.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so I found what MIGHT be causing an income bug in the Glamour Slam. I'm not sure that it would cause the behaviour y'all are describing, but it isn't 'working right' nonetheless.

Attached is a hotfix patch for now. You SHOULD be able to drop this into an existing game, maybe hit shift + r (i.e. Capital R) really quick to enable auto_reload and once your game has reloaded the fix SHOULD be there. After you've 'auto reloaded' you can disable auto-reload by pressing shift + r again.

This also incorporates the Legion Hideout 'level fixes' for Bizarro, Parasite and Sinestro that I posted earlier. As usual, drag the /game folder contained within the .7z file below inside of your SU_ReImagined-0.27.5-pc (or mac) folder, which should merge /game with /game and ask you to overwrite four files.

Essentially I was referencing currentdancer_tier instead of currentstripper_tier or currenteroplay_tier in two of the calculations, which would mis-reference a gal's level (i.e. I copy/pasted the formula, but then forgot to edit the variable name) Not sure how this math might work out if there were no gals assigned to the first row, but yeah that's not referencing the current gal's tier/level if she's in row 2 or 3, oops!

Also currentdancer_income was being referenced in two of the currentstripper_income calculations, which MIGHT result in the behavior that Malagga is observing.

Also, I was not entirely accurate with my wording before when I said that day isn't referenced in the income calculation. There IS a check to see if it's Friday or Saturday, but this is a simple 'if 4 < day %7' check. If this returns 5 or 6, income is increased 35%. The %7 thing is just checking day of the week, and should always return 0-6. I tried putting in a few values of 200+ as the day and checked the return, it's still 0-6 as that's how the %7 thing works. So if there was a problem here, you'd see it within the first 3-4 weeks, and even if the %7 return was weird, the worst that might happen is that income is multiplied by 1.35 every day, as the income formula itself doesn't have a 'day' multiplier, just a 1.35 multiplier...

Malagga

You can TRY this fix with an existing game (the one where you are past day 200). Not sure if it'll help, but can't hurt to try!

Also, you ARE playing SU ReImagined, correct? I just want to be sure here. SU Rebuilt 2 is a different thing...

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick note of sorts...

GigantaDiana_CityExplosion.jpg

So, I've mentioned before that I have an alternate backstory in mind for ReImagined...

I should note that this won't be the ONLY backstory, as it's pretty easy to add alternate intros to ReImagined. Sinner87 suggested a slight variation to the backstory I have in mind, so there's a chance that said variation may be incorporated as a variant backstory...

In any case, yeah there's going to be some sort of apocalyptic event that will be at the heart of the backstory I have in mind. While I may have hinted at it here and there, I don't want to spoil it, so the people that are playtesting have a bit more incentive to playtest things.

The team behind ReImagined is in constant flux, with people contributing a few things here and there and then losing interest or whatever. I do my best to try to keep them interested, but at the end of the day any help is appreciated, so yeah...

I only have so much energy to focus on this thing, and it's been slow going for sure, but steady progress is being made. Unfortunately it might not be moving as fast as others may have hoped, and it's taking longer to incorporate new content than some might have expected. Getting the backbone in place is very important to me, as it's the thing that all ideas will be built upon.

In any case, yeah probably the biggest addition to 0.28, other than a bit of the alternate backstory I have in mind, will be Faora. Jimwalrus has been working on her for a while now, and there's some pretty cool stuff! Here's a sneak peek of Faora:

Note that the sexy fun time stuff will be down a road a bit, and then there's the issue of possibly swapping out the background here. Either that or giving Faora a different bed in her room... this particular image probably won't be in 0.28 though as a bunch of other scenes need to be set up before the anal...

There's a number of other images that Jimwalrus has put together already, all of these will require a bit of photoshop editing though as SD often has issues with fingers/hands...

There are a couple of other characters that I'd least like to do 'cameos' for in 0.28, such as Iris West and maybe Priscilla Rich. Not sure if I'm ready to tackle Exotica's introduction yet, that'll depend on now much I get done in the next couple of weeks.

The current plan is to work on stuff over the next couple of weeks, for the 0.28 release. Until now, I've been trying to do a release about every two weeks, but need to slow down so that I can focus a bit more on content creation. As I've said before, part of the point of ReImagined is to introduce new content as well as new interface ideas, and IMHO it's time to start delivering on that promise.

There's also some girl related quarters content stuff that needs to be transcribed over from Rebuilt to ReImagined, I'm hoping that someone can step up and help with that. Specifically Black Canary, although I need to at least set up a layeredimage for her conversational sprites first. It'd be nice if others could tackle the layeredimage stuff, to share the workload a bit. I'm a bit particular about what I expect here though, so I usually end up at least tweaking things if not resaving all of the associated sprites in Photoshop so that the sprites are easier to position.

So the short form is, I continue to welcome any help that people can contribute to ReImagined, and understand that not everyone can commit as much energy as I have over the last 6-8 months to this effort. And I try not to pressure people too much, I get that they have other interests as well, so I hope that a few of the earlier contributors are able to contribute more at some point.

Anyways, I'm mostly rambling here. To reiterate my personal goals for 0.28:

1) Start introducing the alternate backstory

2) Faora introduction. Note that Faora will be working in the GS/MB after she's captured, for reasons...

3) Finish the new quarters screen for the girls.

4) Introduce the first 'Consorts' mission, and associated Missions screen.

5) Lay the groundwork for pregnancy/breeding stuff. I should elaborate on this!

- While I'm not looking to create a full on 'breeding sim' angle here, the idea here is to at least track whom is making babies with whom, with said embryos then being harvested for other uses/accelerated growth and such. So no 'baby bellies' artwork is planned for my alternate backstory...​
- This will feel more like the current SU cloning stuff, but essentially Lex will be mind controlling a few 'sperm donors' as well, again for technobabble reasons that I won't get into here.​
- This may be an 'optional rule' sort of situation in the future, but for now I just want to get the groundwork established.​
- I WILL be tracking fertility cycles, based on a 28 day span. 14 of those days will see chances of pregnancy increase then wane, similar to how this works in the real world, but with an increased chance of pregnancy, again tied in with the alternate backstory.​
- I'm also thinking about a way to allow the girls to have sex with multiple partners in the Meta Bordello on a given night, to increase the odds of success among other things...​
- Yes, the male Villains will be given opportunities to 'have a go', along the lines of Lobo vs. Hawkgirl/Supergirl/Wonder Woman. Additional artwork will eventually be needed for this of course, one thing at a time...​
- I DO recognize that is is definitely something new. A number of people have wanted a 'pregnancy' angle, so I want to explore this... as an eventual 'optional rule' sort of thing!​

6) Reconfigure the Heroine profiles screen a bit. This is mainly to add stats and bring it more 'in line' with the current direction that screen design has been going in the last couple of updates. Oh and introducing a fertility tracker thingie, and an associated list of 'successful mating partners'...

7) Probably a couple of other things I'm forgetting atm...

So yeah, big plans for 0.28. Still a long ways to go, but slowly and steadily making slow progress!

Of course, any help is always appreciated if such things interest you! Feedback is also welcome!
:cool:

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2021
A pair of ideas that I wanna suggest:
1st one is make the GS/MB costumes available in the cells. 2nd one is to make themed night presets for the GS where it auto selects girls to put in the slots. An example of one would be a Justice League themed one where girls like Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Zatanna, etc all get selected. There could also be a Teen Titans themed one with all the characters related to that team get selected. Think of the Custom Night mode from FNAF where it has presets for specific characters or whatever.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jimwalrus and OhWee
Sep 10, 2022
1st one is make the GS/MB costumes available in the cells. 2nd one is to make themed night presets for the GS where it auto selects girls to put in the slots. An example of one would be a Justice League themed one where girls like Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Zatanna, etc all get selected. There could also be a Teen Titans themed one with all the characters related to that team get selected. Think of the Custom Night mode from FNAF where it has presets for specific characters or whatever.
Not really related but your second idea reminded me of something that I wanted in the original game, a randomized system. Like instead of Lex choosing who goes in the GS/MB and the cells the game does it for you. I feel like this automatize the game more and I'm sure for some this is bad but I like not having to unlock each scene manually instead finding it by chance. I'm actually curious as how much difficult that would be to code.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Not really related but your second idea reminded me of something that I wanted in the original game, a randomized system. Like instead of Lex choosing who goes in the GS/MB and the cells the game does it for you. I feel like this automatize the game more and I'm sure for some this is bad but I like not having to unlock each scene manually instead finding it by chance. I'm actually curious as how much difficult that would be to code.
OK, a couple of things here.

---

On the costumes thing, the first few conversations in the Lexcorp cells are pretty linear, and the option to change costumes immediately generally isn't part of those initial conversations. HOWEVER, at some point the option to choose outfits does become available, at which point you may choose other outfits. This is nuanced, as currently a few outfits are unlocked via the 'VIP Suite' routines that aren't coded yet, and I need to ponder how to approach this.

What I mean here is that if you didn't unlock say Batgirl's 'classic' costume, then there would need to be a conversation created for that. This also means tracking whether that costume has been unlocked or not yet, which means another variable for this purpose. I've been trying to keep things simpler here, but of course the 'cell' costume pickers can be nuanced as each costume picker will be customized to that gal's outfits.

So the short form is that yes, eventually you'll be able to choose outfits that are unlocked in the VIP Suite of the Meta Boardello while in the Lexcorp Quarters environment, but I need to actually implement the Bordello/VIP/Playpen scenes first...

Also, we have MUCH BIGGER stuff planned here, so don't assume that the goal, in ReImagined at least, is to simply transcribe the quarters content from SU Unity, the plan has always been to add more content as well!

---

As for 'lazy ass' managment, that'd require a bit of work, but in the meantime, that's what the 'on call' slots are for. Eventually there will be a larger pool of gals to choose from (the team is slowly making progress on thies front), at which point it'll be easier to just put girls in the 'on call' slots and let the 'auto fatigue check routines' decide if someone needs a nap that night or not.

Trying to create a 'specialized roster' for a particular night, that'd be a rather involved bit of coding, and there are much higher priorities right now. So let's just say I'll put a pin in that idea to revisit later on down the road.

Finally, while it's not implemented YET, I've discussed a methodology to mitigate the 'linear nature' of cell progression. Essentially certain activities (say leash walks) can help reduce the need to repeat each activity three times. There's still reasons to do activities three times, but now you won't HAVE to do each activity three times before advancing to the next one, if you've earned said 'bonus corruption points'. You WILL still need to do said activities at least one time still of course, 'cuz this is a corruption game after all.

Also, note that I've 'relaxed' the Rule of Three a bit, in that you can repeat activities, or choose different activities on a given night up to three times depending on the activity. So if you wanted to say do three blowjobs in a row on a given night, or say dance then strip then blowjob, well you have options here. If you've just unlocked 'vaginal sex' on a given night with your corruption level, you won't be able to unlock Anal until the next night, IF your corruption points will allow anal activities at that point.

My point here is that cell activities will be a bit more flexible than before. This will be handled on a case by case basis to some degree, as the cell progressions for different gals are slightly different, but you get the idea.

Note that I asked Perniciousducks to include a 'school setting leash walk' in the Stargirl progression, which will earn Stargirl 'bonus corruption points'. This will be somewhat similar to what happens with Lois at the Daily planet when leashed, hopefully you get the idea here.

---

But that is not why I'm here. So I found an issue where if you upgrade the shop before capturing Vixen and Zatanna, and also perhaps Wonder Woman, Tala focuses on item creation instead, which delays the ability to finish researching items etc. associated with said captures.

So I'm currently looking at the code and plan to add some 'checks' that will allow players to 'halt work' on items if a gal is in the 'potential recruit cue'.

Also, I'm going to 'relax' the requirements for 'activating' the next batch of heroine recruits a bit. It always bothered me that you HAVE to capture Stargirl, Vixen AND Zatanna before moving on to Hawkgirl, Supergirl, and Wonder Woman. What if you are more interested in one gal over one of the others, and wouldn't mind delaying capturing say Vixen in favor of capturing Wonder Woman or some such?

There's no particular reason to NOT give players a bit more flexibility here, so I'm setting things up so that once Stargirl is added to the 'contracts' list, Hawkgirl and Supergirl will be added to Roulette's 'new girl info' cue. Similarly, information about Wonder Woman will become available a bit sooner too, after completing the item required for Vixen and/or Zatanna's capture. Probably just one of the associated items, maybe both, still debating.

I'm still working out a few nuances here, but the short form is that you'll be able to 'put off' capturing a few of the gals in favor of capturing other gals that interest you more.

You'll still need to complete the 'unique requirements' for adding each gal to the Contracts list of course! i.e. associated heists or whatever.

Note that some new heists and such will be being introduced in the next few updates, which will tie in with my alternate backstory idea. Essentially there's some equipment that Lex needs sooner rather than later to bring certain capabilities online...

Feedback is always welcome and encouraged!
Back to work!

TomNooktheMadTitan

Feb 13, 2022
on SU rebuilt, idk if its a bug or i wasnt paying attention, but i have built 3 devices and i cant select any device to capture heroines. On the capture screen it shows blank, but on the screen to build the devices, it says i have 3 level 1 devices. Help would be appreciated.

xMendoza

Jan 2, 2018
on SU rebuilt, idk if its a bug or i wasnt paying attention, but i have built 3 devices and i cant select any device to capture heroines. On the capture screen it shows blank, but on the screen to build the devices, it says i have 3 level 1 devices. Help would be appreciated.
For now to get new girls you will need to use the "Cheats" from Vault, I didn't have enough time to finish the "Capture Heroines" system.
Sorry but that system is not finished in that update

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Coming soon to a ReImagined near you?

AI generated by Jimwalrus, with some Photoshop tweaks by me.

I mentioned before about hired hench types needing 'favors' after they get hired the first three times. Barbara/Cheetah may or may not have a friend in need...

I'll try to introduce this in the 0.28 update, lots of other stuff planned though!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The plot thickens...

SU_ReImagined_HarleyLimoGun.jpg

So I've added a limo driver outfit to Harley's layeredimage. No stripping or sex scenes in this outfit, at least not until someone decides to try to tackle those. Lex and Harley will be assisting with a job...

This set of sprites should work well enough for now, although if someone wanted to try to add a couple of extra touches to the body sprite, say a belt/belt buckle, it wouldn't hurt my feelings... I just wanted to get this outfit working for now.

Back to it!

joepe

Jan 15, 2018
Unfortunately, I haven't had as much time as I would have wanted to work on this (read any). But it's nice to see you guys keeping at it! I figured I would contribute a bit more, at least. So, here are the extracted and converted game files from version 2.4.2.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote