[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
OhWee, probably easier just to send the whole save file. None of the glitches were game breakers, just annoying as hell. There's also an error statement that comes up about half the time when the rampage is reported at night

Keep reminding yourself that debugging is a natural part of the development process (dammit!)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OhWee, probably easier just to send the whole save file. None of the glitches were game breakers, just annoying as hell. There's also an error statement that comes up about half the time when the rampage is reported at night

Keep reminding yourself that debugging is a natural part of the development process (dammit!)
Let me know if the errors are persisting with a newly started game after you've applied the Bizarro/Parasite/Sinestro patch. I do playtest regularly on my end, but of course also need to keep moving things forward...

Wmac23

Dec 12, 2020
OK, Wmac23, you do realize that this project has only been in pre-development since January 15th? While I applaud your enthusiasm, this program is being put together by a couple of people who know what they're doing and less than a handful of duffers who contribute work when they can dependent on their various talents.

All told, the development of SU Re-Imagined has progressed at virtually warp speed. There is a huge amount of artwork that needs to be converted, new artwork developed, script rewrites, coding, posing and of course debugging.

You can help. Play the game from start to current progress point and report any bugs you find or improvements you can suggest. If you can help in other areas, artwork, conversion, coding, etc, . . . let OhWee know. The more help we get, the faster the development to a FULL GAME will be.
improvements likes ideas for scenes or costumes or events?

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
Yep. New characters (in addition to the existing), events, locations, stories, the lot.
Obviously, those of us already involved have our own pet ideas of what to do, OhWee being foremost among that (we frequently have to drag him back on track from the latest 'shiny' thing!) so we're certainly not short of concepts atm and we're not actively seeking out new ones. But hey, your ideas could be absolute belters and end up being taken forward.

Also, to reiterate Macfinn99's point - if you (or anyone else reading this) have any talents whatsoever* and the time & inclination to use them to help build this, please contact OhWee.
If you can't commit to anything, then just playtesting the latest versions from this thread will help immensely.

*Particularly wanted expertise: Coding (Ren'Py), Photoshop/GIMP, AI image generation, DAZ, UI design, actual artistic talent.

• Haha
Reactions: OhWee and Macfinn99

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
I take it that you've already played SR7's SU-Unity so you have an idea of how SR7 is developing the main game and what still needs to be loaded in to SU ReImagined. Most of the "improvements" in SU ReImagined that have been added in so far are game interfaces and game mechanics. There are some add-ons such as bringing in PowerGirl as a heroine, (and probably add Galatea later as a clone with appropriate plot and dialogue twists. )

We're still at the point that we're establishing the GS & MB Base and filling in art and scripts for the captured heroines and initial level of villains and villainesses. However, we are talking about the next phases where we establish plotlines, subplotlines, motivations, conflicts, positive/negative alliances and new characters. We've even talked about the possibility of spinning off alternative timeline games.

But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. If you want to propose some improvements, I would suggest that you read earlier pages on this thread and the Something Unlimited Sprite Remix and Fan Art thread and see whathas been proposed before. Some of those ideas have been incorporated into the ReImagined build

Reactions: OhWee and Jimwalrus

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Per Jimwalrus: *Particularly wanted expertise: Coding (Ren'Py), Photoshop/GIMP, AI image generation, DAZ, UI design, actual artistic talent.

Sooooo, . . . basically any talent whatsover and a bag of chips! :rolleyes:o_O

• Haha

Wmac23

Dec 12, 2020
I take it that you've already played SR7's SU-Unity so you have an idea of how SR7 is developing the main game and what still needs to be loaded in to SU ReImagined. Most of the "improvements" in SU ReImagined that have been added in so far are game interfaces and game mechanics. There are some add-ons such as bringing in PowerGirl as a heroine, (and probably add Galatea later as a clone with appropriate plot and dialogue twists. )

We're still at the point that we're establishing the GS & MB Base and filling in art and scripts for the captured heroines and initial level of villains and villainesses. However, we are talking about the next phases where we establish plotlines, subplotlines, motivations, conflicts, positive/negative alliances and new characters. We've even talked about the possibility of spinning off alternative timeline games.

But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. If you want to propose some improvements, I would suggest that you read earlier pages on this thread and the Something Unlimited Sprite Remix and Fan Art thread and see whathas been proposed before. Some of those ideas have been incorporated into the ReImagined build
okey i look and see if i came up with some ideas from Something Unlimited Sprite Remix and Fan Art thread and the comics oh yeah whats allowed and not allowed

Last edited:

Wmac23

Dec 12, 2020
looking at the Something Unlimited Sprite Remix and Fan Art thread [excellent work] for ideas
1.demon raven
2.the crow costume raven
3.swinsuits costumes
4.holloween costume Harley who laughs
5.female ver of doomday
6.in lex luthor office lex can play with the henchwoman
7.crime syndicate of america characters
Black Siren
fiero and frostbie
scream queen
ultragirl

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so in my quest to continue to 'standardize' variable methodologies, I'm trying something new with Huntress and Batgirl.

I just updated Batgirl.rpy on my end to use these variables:
$Batgirl_bodytype
$Batgirl_headtype

Bodytype relates to something that we've been experimenting with in Zatanna.rpy and Stargirl.rpy. Essentially, there are four body states for each outfit:
Normal - what you normally see
Nude - this is 'Mostly nude' essentially exposing the naughty bits with a few accessories still worn such as belts, gloves, masks...
Slut - This is for any 'sluttier versions' of a particular outfit
Naked - This is just the 'Birthday suit', i.e. completely naked with no accessories, i.e. Batgirl_body69

Now there is a nuance from before with sprite 69 (whether a mask is still being worn or not), which may still be needed for a few gals. As an example, Batgirl wears a cowl, which also covers her neck and collarbones. Masks are important to the gals that are hiding their identities of course, such as Batgirl, so normally you won't see Batgirl in the GS/MB without one of her two masks.

Various outfits will still be indexed by Batgirl_current_outfit of course, this is not changing.

I'll need to go back and change a few other layeredimage declarations to reference this new variable. So essentially things like ponytails or loose hair will be incorporated into _headtype.

Example: For Batgirl, I have this:
#headtypes "Mask" "OldMask" "Ponytail" "PonytailGlasses" "LongHair" "LongHairGlasses"

The reason for this change is to 'standardize' how head sprites are being handled across the various girl.rpy files, so that there is consistency amongst the various gals. Each gal has different things going on with her head sprites, as an example Huntress has earrings as well as her mask, and slutty hair as well as normal hair.

So by incorporating the different combinations into a single headtype variable, hopefully this will make it less confusing for the various people helping out with the coding, i.e. we won't be tracking separate variables for ponytails, glasses, etc. going forward that some girls will have and others will not.

I'll need to modify a number of girl.rpy files to incorporate this change, just wanted to let everyone know what's going on!

I may need to introduce a couple of other 'GS/MB head check' variables, but as I'm planning on moving all of the scenes from a 'generic' framework to individual labels for each scene variation in each girl's .rpy file, which will be pretty much required for Meta Bordello scenes anyways, this shouldn't be a problem, as the 'default' declarations should cover this for now.

Feedback is always welcome and appreciated!
:cool:

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Macfinn99

xMendoza

Jan 2, 2018
First I want so say sorry for the delay, I wanted to add more systems but i took me to much time and......yeah...so I'll post the update with what I finished so far.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For now to get new girls you will need to use the "Cheats" from Vault, I didn't have enough time to finish the "Capture Heroines" system.
PC

MAC

BastardX

May 13, 2018
From this one from the post above!

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/girls/Mercy/mercy.rpy", line 358, in script
    label mercy_dance2:
Exception: Could not find return label 'assignments'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    label mercy_dance2:
  File "D:\Games\SURebuilt-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1782, in execute
    next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
  File "D:\Games\SURebuilt-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 726, in lookup_return
    raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
SU_Rebuilt
Mon Jul  3 03:35:52 2023
Also cant seem to get Hawkgirl into the cells and Vixen at the moment isnt found (i might be missing something but still wanted to let you know)

Last edited:
Reactions: xMendoza

xMendoza

Jan 2, 2018
From this one from the post above!

Code:

While running game code:
    label mercy_dance2:

Full traceback:
    label mercy_dance2:
  File "D:\Games\SURebuilt-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1782, in execute
    next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
  File "D:\Games\SURebuilt-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 726, in lookup_return
    raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
SU_Rebuilt
Mon Jul  3 03:35:52 2023
Also cant seem to get Hawkgirl into the cells and Vixen at the moment isnt found (i might be missing something but still wanted to let you know)
Sorry but mercy is not finished ,I only added her talk dialogs that is the reason why she is not even in the changelog. As for Vixen HK did you upgrade the device to level2?

BastardX

May 13, 2018
I started a fresh game and got this:
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/images/device/Device Management.rpy", line 3996, in script
    if Batgir_devicelevel == 6:
  File "game/images/device/Device Management.rpy", line 3996, in <module>
NameError: name 'Batgir_devicelevel' is not defined

Full traceback:
  File "D:\Games\SURebuilt-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "D:\Games\SURebuilt-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\Games\SURebuilt-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
SU_Rebuilt 
Mon Jul  3 12:48:35 2023

Reactions: xMendoza

xMendoza

Jan 2, 2018
I started a fresh game and got this:
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "D:\Games\SURebuilt-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "D:\Games\SURebuilt-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\Games\SURebuilt-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
SU_Rebuilt
Mon Jul  3 12:48:35 2023
thx i fixed the error

Update: add this in you SU Rebuild folder to fix that error

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimwalrus

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, I'm slowly plugging away at the layout for the Lexcorp Quarters screens for the guests...

SU_ReImagined_HuntressQuartersScreen_WIP1.jpg

This is still very much a work in progress, note that Lex will NOT be adding 8 guests rooms to Huntress' quarters (that's just a cut and paste from another screen that I need to edit). That'd either be some serious Tardis level engineering or things would be very crowded in Huntress' room...

In any case, this will give you a general idea of how things will look when you first enter a gal's quarters, IF an auto conversation doesn't pre-empt this screen.

Also note the slightly different room background. Huntress asked Lex if he could at least hide the wires and plumbing, so to score brownie points with Huntress Lex has upgraded her room. Still need to work out what the next room upgrades would be artwork wise, but the idea is to 'reward' compliant guests with better accomodations.

The 'Actions' button will simply replace the left menu with an 'action' menu, instead of dismissing this screen in favor of a 'Choice Menu'.

My current plan is to add some 'circle icons' showing Huntress's available head attire options to the left of the outfit picker, similar to how Roulette's hairstyle picker works, but as I said this is still very much a work in progress as I work various things out, i.e. what else I want to put on this screen and where, adjusting the screen overlay background accordingly, etc.

Once I finish working out the 'general format', I'll propogate this to the other guest rooms...

Just wanted to share!

Another priority will be transcribing more quarters content over from ReBuilt to ReImagined, so that there's more sexy fun time with the relevant girls. I expect that xMendoza will be doing the same on his end with the quarters stuff that is being added to ReImagined. With tweaks to the dialogue in keeping with the philosophy of each version, i.e. ReBuilt is a more faithful remake, ReImagined has reworked dialogues, new bits of conversation, etc..

Note that in ReImagined we are handling images a bit differently than in ReBuilt, mainly putting layeredimage to use when appropriate, as opposed to 'merging' the bits into single sprites in Photoshop/GIMP. So this means spending time resaving the appropriate bits to reduce the size of the .pngs, the algorithm that SR7 uses to save .pngs is very bloated, as well as resizing the sprites to take advantage of the larger height, i.e. 1024 is the 'target height' in SU Unity, while ReImagined has a 1080 default screen height.

LayeredImage gives more flexibility to those that are transcribing/reworking the associated scenes in SU ReImagined as far as outfits are concerned, say if you wanted to show Huntress in her crime fighting outfit without her mask, so IMHO it's definitely worth the effort!

As mentioned before, Batgirl now has her layeredimage declaration coded, and going forward my priorities for 0.28 are:

1) Implementing the quarters screen shown above once I finish working out the layout stuff.

2) Bringing the Consorts Missions screen online, with an associated mission to show off what we have planned here.

3) Start bringing some Meta Bordello content online. This involves coding scenes for a few of the gals. There are 16 different gals that have varying amounts of Meta Bordello content, with unique scenes for each of them, so that's a bit of an involved project which may take several updates to complete. Plus I need to work out the methodology for invoking the labels for the various girl scenes...

4) Introduce Faora into SU ReImagined (thanks Jimwalrus for all of your hard work to bring Faora to life!)

It'll be a bit before 0.28 is released. I've been mostly laser focuced on SU ReImagined as my time and energy allows for about 8 months now, so over the last week I've been taking a bit of a breather, plus it's summer and there's summer stuff to do so I need to pace myself accordingly.

Feedback is always welcome and appreciated!

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, this is more of a side note than anything, but while I was looking up LexCorp in the Lego Dimensions wiki (Lexcorp is based on a Tetrahedron shape that slowly ROTATES in the Lego movie series), I came across this description:

LexCorp was originally organized as an aerospace engineering firm started in the top floor offices of The Daily Planet building in Metropolis and has since become one of the world's largest, most diversified multinational conglomerates.
That's a fun bit of lore! I like the idea of Lex interacting with Lois in the Daily Planet building 'back in the day'! Just mentioning this in case people working on Lois scenes might want to incorporate this into the dialogue...

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote