[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Unfortunately, I haven't had as much time as I would have wanted to work on this (read any). But it's nice to see you guys keeping at it! I figured I would contribute a bit more, at least. So, here are the extracted and converted game files from version 2.4.2.
Thanks for the updated extract joepe!

Reactions: joepe

Budokai

Jul 16, 2017
Thanks for the work! I think this is one of the games that frustrates me the most not being possible to play it in mobile...

I will follow closely the project, but one questions... Are there any scenes implemented already? From the change log it seems the priority is still recomposing the playability... If so I will wait some more...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks for the work! I think this is one of the games that frustrates me the most not being possible to play it in mobile...

I will follow closely the project, but one questions... Are there any scenes implemented already? From the change log it seems the priority is still recomposing the playability... If so I will wait some more...
There are a few sexy scenes, mostly with Hawkgirl, Roulette and Tala. A few people have been plugging away at other content, no idea on the e.t.a. for that for SU ReImagined.

The Glamour slam dancing/stripping/eroplay scenes are almost all in place, with a couple of exceptions. No Meta Bordello content yet.

It'll be a while before a lot of the other content will have been transcribed into ReImagined. This is very much a volunteer, 'for free' effort, so any help is appreciated, but this also means that there are no set deadlines or anything, we get it when we get it...

If you like backstory stuff, 0.28 will be introducing a new 'alternate backstory' and a new sideplot among other things. And hopefully someone is able to transcribe some of the Huntress and Black Canary content over from ReBuilt.

Really, for right now though, ReImagined is all just a rather involved playtest demo thing atm. The game mechanics are rather involved at this point, but I'd still call this just a 'gameplay demo'.

SU Rebuilt 2 is a bit farther along with some things, but is much more limited in scope than ReImagined is. Rebuilt 2 is the 'more faithful' recreation of the original game of course.

As for an Android port, I MAY reach out to the android port types when 0.28 is released, if I think there's enough content to justify putting their (free) services to use.

Hope this helps!
;)

Budokai

Jul 16, 2017
There are a few sexy scenes, mostly with Hawkgirl, Roulette and Tala. A few people have been plugging away at other content, no idea on the e.t.a. for that for SU ReImagined.

The Glamour slam dancing/stripping/eroplay scenes are almost all in place, with a couple of exceptions. No Meta Bordello content yet.

It'll be a while before a lot of the other content will have been transcribed into ReImagined. This is very much a volunteer, 'for free' effort, so any help is appreciated, but this also means that there are no set deadlines or anything, we get it when we get it...

If you like backstory stuff, 0.28 will be introducing a new 'alternate backstory' and a new sideplot among other things. And hopefully someone is able to transcribe some of the Huntress and Black Canary content over from ReBuilt.

Really, for right now though, ReImagined is all just a rather involved playtest demo thing atm. The game mechanics are rather involved at this point, but I'd still call this just a 'gameplay demo'.

SU Rebuilt 2 is a bit farther along with some things, but is much more limited in scope than ReImagined is. Rebuilt 2 is the 'more faithful' recreation of the original game of course.

As for an Android port, I MAY reach out to the android port types when 0.28 is released, if I think there's enough content to justify putting their (free) services to use.

Hope this helps!
;)
Thanks for the honest and detailed answer.
I wouldn't bother with android port. Joiplay exists for a reason,and from what I was playing yesterday it plays fine. My only suggestion on behalf of those similar to me would be to

✅ Add the quick menu buttons at the bottom for access to skip easily
✅ Add the option to disable save naming. It is a pain on joyplay because the keyboard pops up and it's bothersome

Thanks again!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks for the honest and detailed answer.
I wouldn't bother with android port. Joiplay exists for a reason,and from what I was playing yesterday it plays fine. My only suggestion on behalf of those similar to me would be to

✅ Add the quick menu buttons at the bottom for access to skip easily
✅ Add the option to disable save naming. It is a pain on joyplay because the keyboard pops up and it's bothersome

Thanks again!
Quick menu buttons SHOULD be at the bottom, but there is a keyboard shortcut to show/hide those. You can also access this setting in the preferences.

shift key + h (i.e. capitalized H) should show/hide the quick menu.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, I keep getting sidetracked (not a bad thing, sidetracks are for good causes), so things are going a bit more slowly than I anticipated r.e. getting my alternate intro and new side plot coded. But I am making progress. I didn't promise anything for at least another week so no worries.

Anyways, so I had a thought while explaining some variable methodologies for quarters/cell progression, and I had a thought, which will be implemented with Batgirl at least in the next update.

So, Batgirl's cell progression in SU, as I remember, is:

Talk to her a few times, costume change or two. (CorruptionLevel 0-5)
Dance 3 times (CL 6+)
Spank 3 times (CL 9+)
Strip once (CL 12+, +3 Corruption Points instead of 1)
Blowjob 3 times (CL 15, 2 Corruption Points first 3 times instead of 1)
Sex 3 times (CL 21+)
Anal 3 times (CL24+)
Slut outfit/nicknames/fully sluttified. (CL 27+)

Leash scenes are triggered after Babs has stripped at least once, then there's the Batgirl + Supergirl content.

So in my mind, the first two leash walks are worth +2 corruption, the first 'joint leash walks' with Batgirl and Supergirl are worth +2 corruption, and the first two Supergirl visits to Batgirl's cell are worth +2 corruption.

I then had a thought about Stripping. While you normally only have to have Babs strip one time before advancing to Blowjobs, what if you could earn an extra corruption point if she strips again in a different outfit, max +2 points for 'extra stripping sessions?' This, along with leash and special visits, could earn an extra 8 points in total...

This means that you'd theoretically be able to do only 1 Blowjob, then Sex one time, then Anal 1 time, doing one of these three activities one more time before qualifying for full sluttification?

The idea here is to 'change up' the grind a bit for players. Of course, players can still interact with a gal up to 3 times in a given night after a certain point, but you could 'mix this up a bit' after the gal strips the first time, as an example:

Have her put on a different outfit and strip a second time (+1 corruption), then do the second blowjob (+1 corruption) and then have sex the first time (+1 corruption).

For Supergirl, this gets even more interesting when you throw Galatea into the equation (even more bonus points!).

Note that you'll still need to do each activity at least once before advancing to the next activity the next night, IF your corruption level is high enough for that activity at that point.

Also, the option to 'choose' whether sperm goes inside or outside could be introduced the second time instead of the third time if corruption level is already high enough, instead of HAVING to repeat the activity a third time to 'enable' this menu option.

Anyways, yeah you'll probably see this in the next update, r.e. when exactly menu options for the next activity tier are unlocked. The point of all this is to make the 'extra activities' a bit more useful.

Also note that leash walks, when I get around to tracking those, will earn Lex a bit of extra income each night (videos being shared on the 'net), and that, once Lex has a few consorts available, consorts will be able to be assigned to 'auto leash walk' a few gals to generate said income, freeing up Lex for other things.

I've talked about a lot of this stuff before, just noting that we will be finally starting to implement these ideas in 0.28.

I'm hammering through a couple of coding headaches with consorts atm, but in the 0.28 update, you'll be able to switch Mercy and Harley between being "Lex's Aide" and assigning one of them to the Legion Hideout. Note that Tala stil won't be able to be combined with another consort (so not Harley or Mercy), so as to avoid the 'free heists' thing...

Mercy will be pulling double duty until at least one other consort is added to Lex's consort list. Currently Harley is the only other consort that is 'implemented', although Superwoman, Harley #2, etc. will eventually be added to SU ReImagined. Once a second consort becomes available, Mercy will no longer agree to pull 'double duty'.

Now I need to check back through this thread to remember what I had in mind for Lex's Aide as far as bonuses or whatever...
:p

I'm thinking about removing Mercy's "insta-capture" ability in the next update. That was mostly just a holdover from when the Legion Hideout hadn't been coded yet anyways. However, now that I'm typing this out, perhaps the 'insta-capture' ability could be a "Lex's Aide' ability thingie, since the consort that is assigned as Lex's Aide will no longer be available for heists...

As a reminder, other things that consorts will eventually be able to be assigned to are Leash Walks, Security (reduce threat level), special missions, and of course as Lex's Aide and the Legion Hideout. Also resting, once I start implementing fatigue costs for said activities. Note that at least one consort will need to be assigned as Lex's Aide and to the Legion Hideout at all times. The gal assigned to the Legion Hideout is essentially acting as Lex's Lieutenant, overseeing heists and such when not directly involved with said heist, etc. I'm also thinking of implementing a small bonus if a Lieutenant isn't directly assigned to a heist or capture.
:unsure:

As always, feedback is always welcome and appreciated!
:cool:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Mixing up the cell grind sounds great. Looking forward to testing all your hard work.
Yeah monkmonk and I have been batting suggestions back and forth r.e. how to shake things up a bit r.e. Batgirl's quarters progression.

I even made a new sprite...

babsDance1.png

This ties in with the 'no panties' conversation... that conversation will be an 'option' after the first time Babs dances, so if you talk to Babs before having her dance again...

Which could also speed things up with the third dance sequence morphing into spanking...

Something else I'm suggesting is to have the stripping sequences start with the dancing sprites, so that people can see Babs doing the Batusi in other outfits before showing off her breasts... There's only two sprites for stripping for each outfit, so showing off the dance sprites briefly will make the scenes a tiny bit longer, but at that point more costumes are unlocked, so players won't be forced to have babs just dance again to see the dancing sprites using the other outfits.

So with Babs at least, there will be a couple of 'bonus' corruption points up for grabs that are tied into the panties and masturbation conversations, which will get the whole 'bonus' thing started a bit earlier, to mitigate the grind a bit more...

The other gals will of course have their own nuances, so this is very much a 'case by case basis' sort of thing, but hopefully it'll make replays a bit more interesting as players try different things...

stink.toes

Mar 22, 2021
I thought about the cell interactions. Here is my proposal...

don't limit to 3 actions, look at comfort level

it could be something like this:

Python:
comfort_level = corruption_level - requested_act_level
if comfort_level is 25:
    do_it_happily
    corruption_level += 1
25 | happily
15 | hesitantly
5 | begrudgingly
0 | say no
-10 | kick lex out

*** always let lex choose another action unless he chooses to leave or is kicked out ***

this approach allows for arbitrarily long cell sessions and gives somewhat realistic corruption progress
be sure to limit corruption_level gains to ~2 or so per visit
obviously, the values are just to illustrate the idea

nice to have:
after strip, heroine changes costume in front of lex, strip current costume then reverse strip to put new costume on

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Was curious if that of an Android port that apparently has been translated from Unity to Ren'py would have any bearings on the intended plans of this community re-imagining.

Of course, this is me making a baseless assumption that the announced Ren'py Android version can be ported to PC to build off of.
There's a followup post apparently that said that there were no plans to make a PC port. This kind of makes no sense as, if it's already in Ren'Py, it should be trivial to convert the Android port over to PC, i.e. almost no work at all. People have been converting PC Ren'Py ports over to Android for years around here, so it shouldn't be that hard...

So as for what that means for these projects, it may or may not speed things up a bit.

I can't speak for SU Rebuilt 2, as that's xMendoza's baby.

As for SU ReImagined, I can tell you already that ReImagined is already very much it's own thing at this point. A number of methodologies have been changed, and we've already been going in a new direction with new content, new gameplay and such.

Examples of this are girl management, Roulette & Tala interaction screens, the upcoming Quarters interaction screens, the whole Consorts management thing, an actual threat system that does stuff other than to just introduce Lois, and I'm sure a few other things.

HOWEVER, I should note that due to how some 'basic' things are tracked in ReImagined, even if the Android code in the SU on Ren'Py Android port is fairly easy to access, some conversion will still be required. And while I would hope that the sprites in the 'official' Android version were at least resaved to a more optimized size, some things may need to be resized. And if the Android port was built to a smaller size than 1920 x 1080, yeah might as well just start with the extracted Unity sprites to begin with...

So my plan is to just keep doing what I've been doing, and encourage others that are helping out with ReImagined to continue to do the same. Some stuff might get a little easier, but at this point we already had almost all of what we needed anyways dialogue code and sprite wise.

---

Quick update:

So, due to getting sidetracked again (at least it's SU ReImagined related still), the 0.28 version of SU ReImagined will be delayed by at least a week. My original target date was by this weekend/a few days from now, but I've been helping someone hammer through the Batgirl quarters content (thanks again monkmonk !), and also trying to set up an 'extra points' system to partially bypass the 'rule of three' thing, which I've been talking about in my last couple of posts.

Batgirl's Cell progression is actually a bit convoluted, so it's requiring a bit of fine tuning. It's coming along though!

Depending on where things are by the weekend, I may release a 'patch' style update so that some new Batgirl content can be shared, along with a preview of the new quarters interface screen. There's a few other goalposts that I had for 0.28 though, so this would be a 0.27.6 'patch' update instead.

My goal is to establish Batgirl.rpy as a 'guide' r.e. how variable and code methodologies should be set up going forward for the other Heroines, Guests, Villainesses and such. A number of ideas and methodologies have been evolving since ReImagined was first shared, so having a 'current template' for others to follow would be helpful.

I wouldn't mind getting the 0.28 update out before the Android port, but at this point, if there are no delays, that would only give me seven days to get the stuff done that I had planned for 0.28, which simply won't be ready by then.

BUT, depending on how accessable the android code is, this could be an opportunity for others to help transcribe more content into SU ReImagined, and perhaps also Rebuilt 2, which I'm sure that people helping out with these projects would certainly appreciate!

I kind of expect that an 'unofficial Ren'Py port of the official Android Port' will appear in the SU Unity thread shortly after the Android, which would be good news for those that have been fighting bugs constantly in the SU Unity version. But yeah ReImagined is already kind of it's own community thing, and there's a lot of cool ideas in ReImagined that make it unique already.

So I guess we'll see what happens in the next couple of weeks!
;)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I thought about the cell interactions. Here is my proposal...

don't limit to 3 actions, look at comfort level

it could be something like this:

Python:
comfort_level = corruption_level - requested_act_level
if comfort_level is 25:
    do_it_happily
    corruption_level += 1
25 | happily
15 | hesitantly
5 | begrudgingly
0 | say no
-10 | kick lex out

*** always let lex choose another action unless he chooses to leave or is kicked out ***

this approach allows for arbitrarily long cell sessions and gives somewhat realistic corruption progress
be sure to limit corruption_level gains to ~2 or so per visit
obviously, the values are just to illustrate the idea

nice to have:
after strip, heroine changes costume in front of lex, strip current costume then reverse strip to put new costume on
I wanted to address this really quick.

It's an interesting idea, but of course, in my mind at least, this would require re-tooling the dialogues based on whatever states that the girls are currently in.

Also, your idea here that if an activity becomes 'trivial' means more corruption points is actually counter to the current philosophy of how corruption points are working currently. To elaborate on this, Lex is 'pushing' the corruption of the various gals with new activities, conversations and such to corrupt the gals into becoming more willing to do various activities, which is reflected in how corruption points are currently awarded.

Once an activity has been performed 1 or 2-3 times (depending on the activity and where corruption points currently are), no further corruption points will be awarded for that activity (with exceptions) as you've already 'pushed' a gal's corruption far enough to 'allow' that activity and then unlock the next one.

But, other than the comfort level vs bonus corruption points thing (you aren't really pushing a gal's comfort level at that point if she's already doing an activity happily), the other part of your suggestion could have merit, but in my mind this would require writing more dialogue for each girl to reflect her current comfort level (i.e. if comfort level > 14, say this instead of other dialogue).

This is sort of done already with the first three times in SU Unity, with the fourth and subsequent times perhaps having suitable 'repeat' dialogue, as the 'third time' dialogue is sometimes a bit more specific to the third time.

Also, you wouldn't necessarily need a new variable for this, as it's just derived from Corruption. You'd just do:
if corruption > 20, then Batgirl dances happily for you.

The 'dress again after an activity is completed' thing could be introduced in some fashion, but generally Lex just likes the gal to remain naked after sex, etc., UNTIL he tells her to put her clothes back on. The outfit picker could perhaps be set up to show a girl changing in 'real time', but for now my plan is to just lock it out after you first enter the cell, i.e. you can choose an outfit BEFORE you interact with a gal the first time that evening, but not afterwords.

This is mostly dialogue related, as new outfits might not be unlocked until the next evening, with a conversation which may pre-empt cell activities for that evening.

Said changing activity could perhaps be incorporated into my room upgrades idea. Generally a girl doesn't have a change of clothes on hand, as she's 'programmed' to show up in a specific outfit at the beginning of each evening, but if one of the room upgrades includes a wardrobe closet, then she'd have other outfits more readily available. But for now, this is something to add to the 'possible to-do list' down the road.

There are much higher priorities atm, such as getting the meta bordello scenes coded, adding more girls, etc.. so that's where efforts should be focused right now. Once more content has been put in place, that would be a good time to explore ideas such as this, if there is sufficient interest in such things. Adding 'dialogue switches' is actually pretty easy, but of course it requires someone to write/code/add said additional dialogue...

Last edited:
Reactions: GucciGang69

stink.toes

Mar 22, 2021
OhWee,
Thanks for putting so much thought into your reply, it is clear that you care about this project.

= dialog - it seems you're saying the dialog loosely matches corruption level. I never spent much time reading the dialog in SU.

= the comfort level var - I made some assumptions about your code, where you're using helper funcs. It seems you're using if/else chains. So yeah, what you're doing is functionally equivalent.

= trivial actions vs. pushing boundaries - I agree, award corruption only when boundaries are pushed.
(Though conceivably, very many trivial actions could add up)
also I still like the idea of lex getting kicked out for outrageous requests and maybe the girl would not answer the door the next day.
But I assume (like in SU) the option to request the act won't be available until she'd agree to it.

= changing clothes - I guess I didn't explain this very well.
It only has to do with telling girls to change from their current outfit into the selected one.
As usual, they would greet lex in whatever outfit they were last wearing, and the new outfit sequences would be the same as SU.
But if they were comfortable being naked in front of lex then changing outfits could be shown as Strip outfit A, then Un-strip outfit B.

= infinite actions per cell/bordello visit - this is one thing you hadn't addressed but I think its important.
The lack of sustained interaction with girls in SU has always seemed dumb to me and any limit (like 3 actions) seems arbitrary.
Why should I have to click around to leave the cell, end the day and go back to that cell to continue interacting with a girl?
Clearly it is not because of lex's lack of stamina, since he can visit every girl on the map in one day, and all the girls are like superheroines, so...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OhWee,
Thanks for putting so much thought into your reply, it is clear that you care about this project.

= dialog - it seems you're saying the dialog loosely matches corruption level. I never spent much time reading the dialog in SU.

= the comfort level var - I made some assumptions about your code, where you're using helper funcs. It seems you're using if/else chains. So yeah, what you're doing is functionally equivalent.

= trivial actions vs. pushing boundaries - I agree, award corruption only when boundaries are pushed.
(Though conceivably, very many trivial actions could add up)
also I still like the idea of lex getting kicked out for outrageous requests and maybe the girl would not answer the door the next day.
But I assume (like in SU) the option to request the act won't be available until she'd agree to it.

= changing clothes - I guess I didn't explain this very well.
It only has to do with telling girls to change from their current outfit into the selected one.
As usual, they would greet lex in whatever outfit they were last wearing, and the new outfit sequences would be the same as SU.
But if they were comfortable being naked in front of lex then changing outfits could be shown as Strip outfit A, then Un-strip outfit B.

= infinite actions per cell/bordello visit - this is one thing you hadn't addressed but I think its important.
The lack of sustained interaction with girls in SU has always seemed dumb to me and any limit (like 3 actions) seems arbitrary.
Why should I have to click around to leave the cell, end the day and go back to that cell to continue interacting with a girl?
Clearly it is not because of lex's lack of stamina, since he can visit every girl on the map in one day, and all the girls are like superheroines, so...
As I mentioned, when I get around to setting up room upgrades, if a wardrobe is handy (remember that the rooms start with JUST a bed) then changing clothes during the evening instead of at the start of the evening could become an option with once a wardrobe has been added.

Eventually, I'll get around to implementing a Fatigue stat to Lex and his henchmen. Everyone has a fatigue stat now, I just need to get around to assigning fatigue costs for everything, and adding a 'if Fatigue is > whatever check then Lex needs to take a nap' or some such.

Note that Heroines already have Fatigue in play at the GS/MB and when involved in battles against criminals (random chance), so Fatigue should probably affect mood a bit, i.e. whether a girl can do an activity or not. Heroines DO need to get a little rest each night, otherwise accidents from sloppy crime-fighting or 'sick days' may creep in... but for now the 'up to three activities each night' is in keeping with how the V.I.P. suites work (i.e. free costume change, up to three activities).

Also, we ARE now tracking the number of times an activity is repeated. This may come into play later r.e. a slight increase in income, but since the long term goal is to have more characters introduced to begin with, so Lex is going to have his hands full already, chasing an extra percentage point or two on income generation might not be worth it.

Also, note that the plan is, for the alternate backstory at least, we WILL be tracking fertility and when offspring are conceived (and then harvested), but Lex will want to mix up the gene pools here, instead of making a bunch of Lex babies, for reasons. The alternate backstory will get into why this is, but for now just be aware that's what I'm working towards currently.

Clark Kent and certain other Alpha males will be very busy boys at some point... yay Lexcon Mind Control devices!

NTR haters may hate this, but since gals are already getting fucked regularly in the Meta Bordello, this is more a courtesan management game than it is a harem building game. Of course, if someone else wants to write a variant where Lex is just focusing on harem building, well ReImagined is set up to be more easily moddable for exactly this reason. Plus people want us to put Villainesses to work in the Meta Bordello too, and YES, we are working towards that. Faora will be the first of many...

The alternate backstory is going to add a LOT of new content, so Lex repeating an activity a bunch of times with a specific gal just isn't going to be a gameplay priority. Lex will have end game goals he's trying to reach, and only so many hours in a day, and only so many days/months to meet said goals...

But I digress.

Right now the focus is still getting more 'basic' stuff in place first. Others ARE helping with ReImagined, but as this is entirely a volunteer 'for free' effort, yes things are coming together a bit more slowly, but surely.
:cool:

Phenix0800

May 15, 2018
Quick question...is there anywhere I could check up on the progress of xMendoza's SU Rebuild? I'm probably looking in the wrong place, but I can't seem to find a thread for it.
On topic, I've been watching this thread closely for a few months now. I haven't tried the game itself yet as I'm waiting for something more substantial to sink my teeth in. But reading the updates, OhWee's process and thought process regarding the project have been an absolute blast.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick question...is there anywhere I could check up on the progress of xMendoza's SU Rebuild? I'm probably looking in the wrong place, but I can't seem to find a thread for it.
On topic, I've been watching this thread closely for a few months now. I haven't tried the game itself yet as I'm waiting for something more substantial to sink my teeth in. But reading the updates, OhWee's process and thought process regarding the project have been an absolute blast.
xMendoza's latest build is linked in the OP. He posts occasional updates, mostly just builds though, the latest one is from a couple of weeks ago.

Rebuilt 2 has a bit more cell/quarters content than ReImagined. ReImagined is focusing more on implementing new/reimagined gameplay stuff.

Both versions, Rebuilt 2 and ReImagined, are being handled via this thread.

Phenix0800

May 15, 2018
xMendoza's latest build is linked in the OP. He posts occasional updates, mostly just builds though, the latest one is from a couple of weeks ago.

Rebuilt 2 has a bit more cell/quarters content than ReImagined. ReImagined is focusing more on implementing new/reimagined gameplay stuff.

Both versions, Rebuilt 2 and ReImagined, are being handled via this thread.
You know...I was actually dumb enough to not check out the OP at all. I sure am glad we have not one, but two attempts at trying to bring some sort of actual gameplay and finality to the neverending Something Unlimited. All of you provide a wonderful service to the community.
I've felt little need to check your build yet as your very detailed posts do a great job of keeping everyone informed of your process.

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Due to the number of common files, Is there any efficiency benefit to somehow combine the Rebuilt and ReImagined efforts and split them apart as a choice on the main page? There are several games here on F95 where you can play as a different character (eg: Love Sex and Second Base with either male or female protagonist), with different storylines for the different characters. An alternate suggestion is issue a combined game with common characters/backgrounds/scenes in the game file but have 2 separate execute files for whichever game you want to play.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Due to the number of common files, Is there any efficiency benefit to somehow combine the Rebuilt and ReImagined efforts and split them apart as a choice on the main page? There are several games here on F95 where you can play as a different character (eg: Love Sex and Second Base with either male or female protagonist), with different storylines for the different characters. An alternate suggestion is issue a combined game with common characters/backgrounds/scenes in the game file but have 2 separate execute files for whichever game you want to play.
There are a few differences under the hood. These theoretically COULD be resolved, but that would require extra work.

The other big problem here is the divergent artwork styles. Neither looks quite like SU Unity, but ReImagined has swapped out a LOT of interface artwork, and also handles a few tasks differently.

Also, ReImagined has new gameplay elements that simply aren't in Rebuilt 2.

This topic might be revisited once people get a decent look under the hood of the Android port. ReImagined won't be affected much by that, but Rebuilt 2 may be another story.

Supposedly tomorrow on the official SU Ren'Py Android port, then I guess we'll see how soon after that a Ren'Py PC version of the Android port happens, but that won't be handled through this thread if it happens. Most likely someone will post up said version in the SU Unity thread, which will then be linked in the OP of the SU Unity thread. I'm sure that the Android types around here will jump on a 'reverse Port' fairly quickly, as SU Unity is one of the more popular games being shared around here.

GucciGang69

Dec 22, 2019
Ty man for still keeping the project. I salute you good sir. I hope you will have a good time on this project. I will be waiting for some sexy vixen update hahaha. Do you think stable diffusion is already good enough at the level which you can implement in game such as alternate costume for the heroine? If you dont what time do you think stable diffusion can get to that level or even achieve video generator level? I'm curious to hear your opinion on this subject matter. Great work and I hope you have a really really really great time.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Ty man for still keeping the project. I salute you good sir. I hope you will have a good time on this project. I will be waiting for some sexy vixen update hahaha. Do you think stable diffusion is already good enough at the level which you can implement in game such as alternate costume for the heroine? If you dont what time do you think stable diffusion can get to that level or even achieve video generator level? I'm curious to hear your opinion on this subject matter. Great work and I hope you have a really really really great time.
The SR7 templates and associated characters that a few people have worked on for SD don't look bad at all. I'd suggest checking the more recent posts in the SU Sprite Re-Mix/Fanart thread for examples. They aren't perfect, but certainly are close enough that with a bit of Photoshop editing they can drop right in.

This is mainly useful for new characters. Existing characters gets a bit more tricky, but you can do things like combine existing head sprites with computer generated body sprites to get a decent result. It's the eyes and fingers that need a bit of work usually.

There's also a number of fan edits from the Re-Mix thread that we will be incorporating into story in future updates. Adding new content is one of the major goals of ReImagined, so rest assured that as we make progress, new and interesting things will continue to be added to the storylines!
;)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote