[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
If the android port of this demo happens then I will happily test it for bugs or whatnot.
I'll probably reach out to the Android port types after 0.28 drops. That will be in the next couple of weeks maybe.

GucciGang69

Dec 22, 2019
Hey man have you tried elevenlab ? Its a voice generator that sounds real. Maybe you could add it to enhance the experience?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

arkhamtheknight

May 3, 2017
I'll probably reach out to the Android port types after 0.28 drops. That will be in the next couple of weeks maybe.
I would happily test in out if android ports do happens.

Joiplay would be a second option but don't know how well it would work on phones compared to the PC version.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick update.

So things are moving a bit slow at the moment in regards to SU ReImagined, but stuff is still being worked on here and there.

- I have a bunch of 'proofread' files that I need to transfer the typo corrections and such over into the game files.
- Some progress has been made on the Batgirl quarters content.
- I'm currently working on adding a new character...

SU_ReImagined_StripperellaIntro.png

Essentially, Erotica here will be showing up after you initiate the Level 4 upgrade of the Glamour Slam.

I'm currently hammering away at her intro dialogue, and then I need to modify the Glamour Slam screen section to set aside a slot for her.

Essentially, on Earth 69 at least, Roulette and Erotica are childhood friends... that's my current idea at least. I'm working out the nuances now r.e. why Erotica is choosing to work for Roulette willingly, despite Roulette's checkered past...

In any case, yeah people are distracted atm, but slowly and surely stuff is being added to the upcoming 0.28 build.

Carry on!
;)

Last edited:

Lavance

May 5, 2022
Quick update.

So things are moving a bit slow at the moment in regards to SU ReImagined, but stuff is still being worked on here and there.

- I have a bunch of 'proofread' files that I need to transfer the typo corrections and such over into the game files.
- Some progress has been made on the Batgirl quarters content.
- I'm currently working on adding a new character...

View attachment 2814140

Essentially, Erotica here will be showing up after you initiate the Level 4 upgrade of the Glamour Slam.

I'm currently hammering away at her intro dialogue, and then I need to modify the Glamour Slam screen section to set aside a slot for her.

Essentially, on Earth 69 at least, Roulette and Erotica are childhood friends... that's my current idea at least. I'm working out the nuances now r.e. why Erotica is choosing to work for Roulette willingly, despite Roulette's checkered past...

In any case, yeah people are distracted atm, but slowly and surely stuff is being added to the upcoming 0.28 build.

Carry on!
;)
bro what the fuck is wrong with her waist.. EWWW. she looks like an alternate from mandela catalogue.... im actually disturbed

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
bro what the fuck is wrong with her waist.. EWWW. she looks like an alternate from mandela catalogue.... im actually disturbed
It's just an introduction of a new character for one of the subplot lines. It's a work in progress, expect the details to be improved. Feel free to submit your own version if you want improvements.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Oh, noes! The rabbit died!

SU_ReImagined_BatgirlPregnant.png

Just implementing a few icons for the whole pregnancy angle thing. Essentially the pink icon at the lower left of Batgirl's profile pic has three states, gray (no chance of pregnancy), pink with a % number (3-24% depending on how close a gal's cycle is to peak), or the impregnated pink icon shown above.

This chance of pregnancy thing will mainly only be relevant to the VIP Suite, as the Playpen is too confusing and 'normal' customers won't be worthy of the privelege (yay spermicide!). And of course the Lexcorp Quarters, although usually if the gal is at the Lexcorp Quarters she's not available for work at the GS/MB, unless she's Starfire/a sexworker...

Note that, at least in the alternate backstory, embryos will be harvested at the end of a gal's cycle and put into incubators, for reasons...

Successful donors will be tracked, as the 'goal' here is to mate with different donors to 'maximize' the gene pool diversity, again for reasons...

This is an 'alternate backstory' sort of thing, but since there's an 'official' Ren'Py Android version now, I'm just going to focus on getting the 'alternate backstory' stuff I've had in mind into place, as ReImagined is sorta/kinda it's own thing now.

I have a few SU ReImagined related things that I'm working on atm that relate to the next update, I've been bouncing back and forth between things when I focus on this, I've been mostly distracted with other stuff lately.

Also, I've been waiting on some more content from other people that have been helping out, but it's been pretty quiet on the contribution front over the last couple of weeks...

Back to it!
:cool:

zenzaxaznez

Jun 6, 2018
I like the pregnancy idea, that seems like the best way to implement it. Not only do you skip the massive undertaking of creating pregnancy art for the countless female characters, but the eugenics angle actually gives it a story reason and makes a supervillain scheme out of it.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I like the pregnancy idea, that seems like the best way to implement it. Not only do you skip the massive undertaking of creating pregnancy art for the countless female characters, but the eugenics angle actually gives it a story reason and makes a supervillain scheme out of it.
Yeah, Infinity Inc. was essentially one of Lex's eugenics experiments. I need to work that eugenics word into my backstory, it sounds much smarter than babymaking.

On a related note, I looked up a few of the Infinity Inc. female team members (the team that Lex created and enhanced, then pulled said enchancments, but a few retained their powers), but of course in order to use those gals, we'd need SR7-ified character artwork first...

I did a quick backstory piece with a homage to Miss Fury using Daz Studio and Photoshop, but she's a 1940's vintage heroine and we don't have SR7-ified artwork for her in any case. Her outfit is a lot like catwoman's, and includes a cape...

Since it's such a pain to add new SR7 characters due to the posing requirements, part of me REALLY REALLY wants to go the Daz Studio CG angle, 'cuz at least I can render characters in Daz Studio, and pose them however I want, but that's also a lot of work.

So my focus is still on getting the backbone into place first. There's a few more gameplay mechanics oriented things that I still need to flesh out, like a redesign of the profile and roster screens, the Meta Bordello of course, capturing male sperm donors, the other consort screens, etc.. So when others can help out with adding the quarters content for the various gals, that's extremely helpful.

So yeah, more help is always appreciated, when other people can find the time.

Back to it!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
A quick note:

SUReImagined_AlienIntro.jpg

So, one of the things that encourages me to work on this project is others also working on this project. It helps encourage me as well, and the last couple of weeks, it's been pretty quiet...

Right now, there's a few different things that I need to get into place for the next update. The screenshot from the new alternate intro above is a small piece. Note that I've changed the appearance of the text box from transparent white/gray to the transparent blue scheme to match up better with what I've been doing with the various screens.

There are a few new variables that are being added that I need to propagate across a bunch of character files, and I need to more fully implement a couple of things. Also, I could use some more artwork for Priscilla, but that hasn't happened as of yet...

So, in short, I'm kind of 'stuck' right now as I need to get a couple of new things working before I can post a new update, plus I need to go through what I have and incorporate a few other things. There's some additional Batgirl content from monkmonk that I need to go through and tweak as well, that relates to her costumes and costume picker...

So yeah, I get more excited when others are helping, so more help is always appreciated!

:whistle:

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Still slowly plugging away...

SU_ReImagined_SecScreenAdjusted.jpg

So I made an adjustment to this particular sub-screen. Note the lack of Mercy/Harley and Tala. In this case, Harley was the selected current henchmen, but consorts assigned to the Legion Hideout and Tala may not be posted to Security assignments, hence the blank profile pic and lack of associated stat info. This will help make it more clear to NOT try to assign a consort or Tala to these positions.

The 'fertility tracker' icon is now working for all of the girls on the Management screen. I had to modify a bunch of Heroine, Villainess and Guest files to add stats where stats had not been assigned yet, add the fertility related stats, guesstimate a bunch of stats and write a routine that randomly assigns the 'target day' in the 28 day cycle that each individual gal's cycle begins, if a day hasn't been picked yet.

This will mean that as far as fertility cycles go, each game that you begin will have different 'spreads' as to where each gal's cycle falls, thus making each game a little more unique.

Note that I haven't coded the actual impregnation routines yet, that'll have to wait for a later update.

There's a bunch of typo/grammar fixes that I need to fix/transfer over now using WinMerge, thanks again to Saint Blackmoor for his help with this! After that, I need to go through the code that monkmonk last handed over to me for Batgirl, again thanks! And then probably a couple of other things and then the 0.28 update will be about ready to share.

On the Heroine stats thing, note that in SU Unity Heroines aren't assigned any stats, so I guesstimated here, based on the stats that have been assigned to Villain(esse)s so far. This is open for discussion and tweaking at a future date, as I'm certainly not an expert in DCAU lore...

Again, all help with this silly SU ReImagined project is always appreciated, and more help is always welcome!

Back to it!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick update:

So, I'm hammering away at coding a special heist situation atm.

So the idea here is that Cheetah will ask Lex for a favor. This favor will involve three teams. Lex and Harley on Team 1, Mercy and Cheetah on Team 2, and two henchmen sent on a related heist to cause a distraction.

In game terms, what you'll see is a new heist pop up, that can only be selected if Cheetah, Harley and Mercy are all available/not assigned to other tasks. There's a lot of code nuance here to work through to check if these three are indeed 'available', so it's a bit tricky.

In any case, I've added a couple of new variables to heists, heist_heistname_mission (False or True) and heist_heistname_exclude, which will lock out certain henchmen from being assigned to a specific heist.

The 'exclude' variable could have interesting implications later, say if you don't want Toyman involved in the Toys heist since Toyman is the one that asked for the heist... you get the idea here.

The 'mission' variable is essentially a flag that will tell the game to look for a specific label to 'commence' the mission, instead of just resolving the 'trigger' heist in the normal fashion.

In any case, yeah coding, testing and debugging this type of stuff takes time, but slowly plugging away...
:p

The main thing here is that this is laying some groundwork that will set up a 'mission structure' for other, more involved heists/missions that will require multiple teams/people to coordinate on a special mission. Such missions may involve Lex directly, but not all of them NEED to have Lex involved. But let's face it, having Lex involved in a mission makes for more interesting storytelling!

This IS ReImagined, after all, where we get to try new things!
;)

Back to work!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Followup on my last quick update:

SU_ReImagined_MandragoraHeist.png

Here's a screenshot from my current WIP showing a 'special' heist. There's a couple of things going on here.

Note that the 'Point' and 'Flank' buttons are greyed out. This is because Cheetah may not be assigned to this particular heist.

Also note the '3 days to complete' text. This particular heist, and it's associated mission, must be completed in 3 days, otherwise the heist goes away, and you've missed your chance.

While not shown here, if Cheetah, Harley, and/or Mercy are assigned to the Heist Primary and/or Second, they will be removed from the Primary and/or Second assignments when this mission is selected.

Also not shown here, if Cheetah, Harley, and/or Mercy are currently busy/assigned to other tasks, you'll see something like this text/icon (work in progress) instead...

heist_mandragora_prereqs.png

This icon will let the players know which Henchmen/Consorts need to be 'free' at this time to undertake this particular heist/mission.

These sort of heist/mission combos won't show up for the first few weeks, until such time as certain conditions are met. So new players will have some time to get used to the 'normal' heist routines before having to deal with time sensitive 'special' heists/missions. Said special heists will have some sort of introductory dialogue, which triggers the activation of said heist, before said heist is added to the heist cue.

So players won't be going in 'cold' and hopefully they actually took the time to read the associated dialogue. Thankfully, there's always rollback or falling back on a recent autosave if you weren't paying attention...

In this case, Harley needs to have joined Lex as one of his consorts, after Joker kicks her to the curb, and Cheetah will need to have been hired at least four times. The associated mission will have an 'end of night' event that will detail the various elements of this particular mission.

Note that the heist itself will have a chance of success, as per usual, but you'll only get one chance to complete said heist. The associated mission's success will be separate from the heist's success, as the heist is mainly just a distraction, with some sort of monetary gain if it succeeds...

The main point of all this is to introduce more story related elements, to break up the 'usual heist routine' a bit and hopefully to make the story a little more interesting and a little less of the 'usual grind'...

And the reason for the associated heist is to utilize existing routines to allow players to choose whichever henchmen they have available in the 'usual manner', while 'locking out' any consorts/henchmen that may be specifically involved in said heist/mission already.

This will also allow for a 'play by play' of the heist and associated mission, rather than just the usual success/fail message.

I still need to code the actual heist/mission dialogues for this, but it's coming together slowly but surely.

Just wanted to share!

arkhamtheknight

May 3, 2017
Quick menu buttons SHOULD be at the bottom, but there is a keyboard shortcut to show/hide those. You can also access this setting in the preferences.

shift key + h (i.e. capitalized H) should show/hide the quick menu.
How would that work in Joiplay as I don't know if you can do Shift and H or just H which is normally used to hide the UI?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
How would that work in Joiplay as I don't know if you can do Shift and H or just H which is normally used to hide the UI?
I'm not sure how JoiPlay handles Renpy Keyboard shortcuts, so no insight here. The quick menu is set to show most of the time in the game.

Once 0.28 drops, I'll be reaching out to the Android port types to see about an 'official unofficial' Android port. I don't know if that will help you or not though.

If anyone else has insights into keyboard shortcuts using JoiPlay, feel free to speak up. I do NOT have an Android device that is suitable for such things, so I can't test it on my end.

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Are we going to be looking at alliances of convenience for certain missions where there may be team ups with heroes? These would be enemy of my enemy is my friend situations such as team-ups against certain powerful outsiders like Darkseid, the Manhunters, A Berserker fleet, invaders from an alternate dimension, etc. To make it more interesting, the team-up could be with the daytime persona of one or more of the heroines that Lex has working in his brothel. If the mission takes longer than a day cycle, Lex could "suggest" that the night time persona of properly trained heroines collect
DNA samples from some of the heroes for Luthor's cloning experiments.

FYI, The new Adventures of Superman playing on Cartoon Network, takes place on Earth 12, (Just 1 over from Earth 11 the Gender Bender alternate Earth). They introduced a new multi-dimensional police force, "the League of Lois Lanes"! It's made up of a variety of over-acheiving Lois Lanes, (and an occasional Jimmy, (Jacina?) Olsen). They apparently have a hard on against the alternate universes Supermen because they've seen some of them go bad. (BTW, they consider the Earth 12 Lois Lane not to be up to their standards for recruitment)

It might be something for future development because Earth 69's Luthor's activities have been weakening the dimensional barriers which apparently acts as a beacon that draws the attention of the League of Lois Lanes my-adventures-with-superman-s-league-of-lois-lanes.png

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Are we going to be looking at alliances of convenience for certain missions where there may be team ups with heroes? These would be enemy of my enemy is my friend situations such as team-ups against certain powerful outsiders like Darkseid, the Manhunters, A Berserker fleet, invaders from an alternate dimension, etc. To make it more interesting, the team-up could be with the daytime persona of one or more of the heroines that Lex has working in his brothel. If the mission takes longer than a day cycle, Lex could "suggest" that the night time persona of properly trained heroines collect
DNA samples from some of the heroes for Luthor's cloning experiments.

FYI, The new Adventures of Superman playing on Cartoon Network, takes place on Earth 12, (Just 1 over from Earth 11 the Gender Bender alternate Earth). They introduced a new multi-dimensional police force, "the League of Lois Lanes"! It's made up of a variety of over-acheiving Lois Lanes, (and an occasional Jimmy, (Jacina?) Olsen). They apparently have a hard on against the alternate universes Supermen because they've seen some of them go bad. (BTW, they consider the Earth 12 Lois Lane not to be up to their standards for recruitment)

It might be something for future development because Earth 69's Luthor's activities have been weakening the dimensional barriers which apparently acts as a beacon that draws the attention of the League of Lois Lanes View attachment 2853333

Alternate Lois Lane is up to Jimwalrus and others. If we get a usable ingame set of artwork with 'Alternate Lois', or multiple sets for the various Lois characters, with appropriate conversational poses and such, dropping them into ReImagined could be done.

But without artwork, such ideas won't go anywhere.

As for alliances of convenience, that can be handled by mission specific code. I'm already planning on having heroines help out with missions, but such missions need to be set up and coded first. Speaking of which...

SU_ReImagined_MissionStartTest.jpg

Setting up the 'assign mission' routine for this was a bit of a bear (I'm better at Ren'Py these days, but I still struggle with things), but it seems to be working as intended atm. There's still a couple more things that I need to set up (mainly the countdown timer for time sensitive missions), and then I need to code/write the dialogue and set up the scenes for this actual mission.

Note that the routines need to be setup with future missions in mind as well, so that the code routines can handle future missions without a lot of extra coding in the mission assignment section of the code.

I seem to remember discussing having Huntress and Black Canary involved in this particular mission, acting on an 'anonymous tip' planted by Lex, thanks for reminding me about that!

---

So, My current 'to do' list for 0.28 is...

1) Get this mission working. Note that I'm missing some character related artwork, so I'll need to improvise for now.
2) Use WinMerge to fix a number of typos scattered across multiple files, based on the error corrections I received earlier from Saint Blackmoor .
3) Go over the code that monkmonk sent me for Batgirl, and look at setting up her outfit picker.
4) Something else that I'm not remembering atm...

So it'll be a while longer, but slowly plugging away!

More help is always welcome!!!

Last edited:

Sinner87

Jun 22, 2017
Been MIA for a while cause of IRL stuff but I'm back. Here's proof of life and that back at making Power Girl content. Mostly just need to finish all her slut outfits. Thinking of going back and changing her hair wich me and OhWee have talked about doing before.

PG Sex Preview.png PG_sex_sloot.png

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote