[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

cs2468

Sep 13, 2017
In case anyone could find something useful in it, I moved the Ren'Py code and images from the Something Unlimited Android app to a .
This is really good, but I don't know if I got some weird glitch, I don't know how to get it where I can post villains in places. I cheated a lot of money early, but I don't think that would've done anything. Does the android version not have that function?

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Hi OhWee, Needless to say, please feel free to use the above Glamour Slam Modded backgrounds with the next update. How is the next update coming along?

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hi OhWee, Needless to say, please feel free to use the above Glamour Slam Modded backgrounds with the next update. How is the next update coming along?
I'm still working on other projects ATM. Daz Studio is being a real bear to use/crashing often and it takes a while to restart/reload scenes, so that's been sapping my energy/slowing me down.

Space Journey also keeps distracting me... I like to shift gears for a bit when the 'fun' just isn't there for me, and Daz Studio keeps killing the joy of making cool renders with the consistent crashing...
:rolleyes:

I also needed to recharge for a bit before tackling Re-Imagined again, so there's that. I'll get back to it soon, hopefully before the end of the month... we shall see.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Ok, please let us know if you have any additional projects like secondary characters or backgrounds that need working on.
There's a few things, but probably the one thing that I would consider a 'hold up' for what I was working on at the time is Priscilla Rich/Cheetah (#2)

https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-su...unity-development-thread.144779/post-11218158

I have a small handful of sprites for her, but not what I'd consider a fully usable set. And my art skills aren't that good... I can photoshop to a point, but that only gets me so far.

This dovetails into a larger problem, a lack of an art director for this project. What I mean by this is someone that is willing to take the time to 'curate' the various contributions in the SU Sprite Re-Mix/Fanart thread, and pick out 'usable art' from a day to day storytelling perspective, that will blend well with existing artwork.

For newly added characters, this SEEMS like it'd be easier, but there are a number of 'routine' poses/expressions that would be needed, and then if there are multiple costume variations, well you need the same poses/expressions for each costume for things to work well. This gets more complicated with sex scenes...

Which is why I keep thinking that going the 3d rendered route using Daz Studio might be a LOT easier and faster in the long run. But of course a lot of people like the 'hand drawn' style sooo...

The AI generated route seems like it has potential, but the 'consistency' thing and finding someone that will crank out a bunch of stuff back to back day after day and take the time to generate usable sets of artwork in game terms, yeah...

Setting up layeredimage also takes a bit of time, and is a bit of a skill unto itself, but this is more 'tedious work' than anything. Once you understand how Ren'Py handles this, it's not that hard. But that's a bit more of a coding thing than an art director thing, although the art director needs to understand what's needed.

In short, we need more dedicated people to help with this project.

Reactions: Jimwalrus

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
There's a few things, but probably the one thing that I would consider a 'hold up' for what I was working on at the time is Priscilla Rich/Cheetah (#2)

https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-su...unity-development-thread.144779/post-11218158

I have a small handful of sprites for her, but not what I'd consider a fully usable set. And my art skills aren't that good... I can photoshop to a point, but that only gets me so far.

This dovetails into a larger problem, a lack of an art director for this project. What I mean by this is someone that is willing to take the time to 'curate' the various contributions in the SU Sprite Re-Mix/Fanart thread, and pick out 'usable art' from a day to day storytelling perspective, that will blend well with existing artwork.

For newly added characters, this SEEMS like it'd be easier, but there are a number of 'routine' poses/expressions that would be needed, and then if there are multiple costume variations, well you need the same poses/expressions for each costume for things to work well. This gets more complicated with sex scenes...

Which is why I keep thinking that going the 3d rendered route using Daz Studio might be a LOT easier and faster in the long run. But of course a lot of people like the 'hand drawn' style sooo...

The AI generated route seems like it has potential, but the 'consistency' thing and finding someone that will crank out a bunch of stuff back to back day after day and take the time to generate usable sets of artwork in game terms, yeah...

Setting up layeredimage also takes a bit of time, and is a bit of a skill unto itself, but this is more 'tedious work' than anything. Once you understand how Ren'Py handles this, it's not that hard. But that's a bit more of a coding thing than an art director thing, although the art director needs to understand what's needed.

In short, we need more dedicated people to help with this project.
What is your plan for Priscilla Rich, (Cheetah #2), . . . Administrator, Hired Villain or Capture? It changes the way that some of us look for relevant artwork and Mods.

Also, at what point does she enter the game.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Priscilla is an archaeologist, so Lex would probably put her to work as a reasearcher of sorts.

Cheetah #! (Barbara) is a biochemist, which is where her powers/mutation comes from, while Priscilla has been 'gifted' Cheetah powers by Bast...

So hired sorta kinda if that makes sense, although Lex needs to help her out of a jam first. This is that 'extended/multi-pronged mission' thing that I was on about earlier in this thread.

hapyoo

Dec 14, 2020
Please more Lois Lane content. She worked so hard on her dance stills I want her story to continue.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick update.

So, I had a catastrophic computer failure - the OS drive has failed, trying to recover as much as I can but haven't found the right free program for that yet. I've tried rebuilding the boot partition, no joy.

Typing this on baby laptop with the dead battery and intermittent chiclet keyboard and 13.3" screen and tiny hard drive. CPU is pre-Ryzen (A8 6410) so not very fast compared to my other systems... So not ideal.

Bought a new HP laptop (on sale), but can't get past the 'you must connect to the internet' screen. Tried a few hacks, but BypassOBE has been removed by HP, and the registry resets to 'default' every time I boot so yeah, two days of hell so far and no progress. The laptop doesn't understand what a 4G USB modem is, and I don't have a wifi network 'cuz I use the 4G modem... although I don't want to be forced to make a Microsoft account in the first place, even a fake one. Seriously considering installing Linux right now...

My interim HTPC rig still boots fine, but attempts to clone the OS from that on have failed. I'm afraid to do anything else with that system (i.e. try to copy the OS) as I don't want that drive to fail...

I have a dedicated rendering rig ready to go once I get a functional OS in it. After dealing with Windows 11 with the HP laptop I want nothing to do with Windows 11, but haven't successfully cloned Windows 10 off of my other systems yet. Cloning is preferable 'cuz of all the programs I've installed, but as I noted no joy yet.

Blah blah short form is that I'm in computer hell, and it's going to be a while before I get back to working on Re-Imagined. Someday, but not anytime soon...

Fuck!
o_O

Last edited:

xMendoza

Jan 2, 2018
It's neat
But

"Voiced by" seems unneeded
First appearance is also wrong

Also it could be my personal thought but it bugs me that the bio is a different font from the rest of the text boxes.
I'll let the voice by because i need to fill the space
I will change the text from the main description Hmm i tried but the text is better like this (its easy to read like this)
As for "First appearance is also wrong" i took that from wiki from dcau wiki
Thx for your feedback
I like it but the alignment, shouldn't it be "evil" or "villain"?
I will change from bad to villain, thx for your feedback

Last edited:

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
so, I know this is at a very early stage rn, but how much content is there? And I mean time-wise, I usually try games when they have about an hour worth of playing so I'd really appreciate it if someone knows anc could tell me. thanks

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
so, I know this is at a very early stage rn, but how much content is there? And I mean time-wise, I usually try games when they have about an hour worth of playing so I'd really appreciate it if someone knows anc could tell me. thanks
In SU ReImagined, there is probably a couple of hours of content currently. I'd recommend holding off for a few weeks, as I plan to get back to working on this fairly soon, at least as it relates to the latest 'special heist/mission framework' and associated special mission that I had planned.

SU Rebuilt (2) probably has a bit more content currently, and supposedly will get an update later this month.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote