[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

deadshots2842

Apr 30, 2023
Oh, noes! The rabbit died!

View attachment 2827802

Just implementing a few icons for the whole pregnancy angle thing. Essentially the pink icon at the lower left of Batgirl's profile pic has three states, gray (no chance of pregnancy), pink with a % number (3-24% depending on how close a gal's cycle is to peak), or the impregnated pink icon shown above.

This chance of pregnancy thing will mainly only be relevant to the VIP Suite, as the Playpen is too confusing and 'normal' customers won't be worthy of the privelege (yay spermicide!). And of course the Lexcorp Quarters, although usually if the gal is at the Lexcorp Quarters she's not available for work at the GS/MB, unless she's Starfire/a sexworker...

Note that, at least in the alternate backstory, embryos will be harvested at the end of a gal's cycle and put into incubators, for reasons...

Successful donors will be tracked, as the 'goal' here is to mate with different donors to 'maximize' the gene pool diversity, again for reasons...

This is an 'alternate backstory' sort of thing, but since there's an 'official' Ren'Py Android version now, I'm just going to focus on getting the 'alternate backstory' stuff I've had in mind into place, as ReImagined is sorta/kinda it's own thing now.

I have a few SU ReImagined related things that I'm working on atm that relate to the next update, I've been bouncing back and forth between things when I focus on this, I've been mostly distracted with other stuff lately.

Also, I've been waiting on some more content from other people that have been helping out, but it's been pretty quiet on the contribution front over the last couple of weeks...

Back to it!
:cool:
There's an Android version? Link?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, that was just annoying. I had a rather lengthy post typed out, and then all of the words just disappeared, and 'undo' wouldn't bring them back...

Soooo, take two.

So I was distracted for a few days playing some other game. I don't just code all the time, I like to play games too!

Anyways, so I'm currently working on that side mission that I've been going on about. This requires some new artwork. I have put in a few requests in the sprite re-mix thread, but no takers, so I'm having to spend time creating said artwork, which of course means that I'm not spending said time on coding, sooo it's taking a lot longer than I would have liked to get this done...

Anyways, this dude...

Mandragora_PS_WIP.jpg

So I need to SR7-ify this DCAU style sprite, changing the shading and such to match up with the other sprites. I did ask to see if someone else would take a crack at it, but no takers so I'm in Photoshop right now cleaning up lines and getting ready to re-shade everything in an attempt to match it up better with the other SU/SR7 sprites.

After this, there's Priscilla Rich. Jimwalrus made a few sprites for her, which is appreciated, but there's a number of conversational poses for her that I just don't have right now. So until someone is willing to take the time to expand her sprite set, I'll just have to work with what I have, which will just look weird as the poses won't match the situations....

The backgrounds situation I think I have covered for now, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem, but full conversational sprite sets for Steven and Priscilla would have been nice...

This is all important as it ties in to the first 'tag team mission' that is being set up. This mission will provide a template of sorts for others that wish to make more 'side plot missions' to follow, showing how to 'trigger' said missions from within the ReImagined framework and what variables to use for such things.

I work at my own pace, which is fine, but it'd be really nice to have a co-collaborator for this project. I really do appreciate those that are able to offer help here and there with various things, and of course credit them when such help is offered, but the one thing that I haven't had available is someone that has the time, energy, and desire to work alongside me with this project consistently.

Without such help, things will continue to proceed slowly. I don't mind coordinating with others until such time as the rest of the framework that I have in mind for this thing is finally in place, at which point others can just run with it, but until then, I'm kind of the head cheerleader on this thing, and there's a lot of stuff that still needs to get done...

One more point on this 'side mission' thing. While I'm not envisioning a 'gangs at war' framework, that'd be a completely different game from just focusing on Lex as he does his thing here, I do get that people want to see a bit more friction between Lex and his rivals.

So this Mandragora mission thing is being handled in a 'storytelling' format to introduce such things. We saw a bit of this with Amanda Waller and Grodd in SU Unity, but the idea here is to introduce more story elements that showcase a few of the obstacles that Lex needs to overcome as the story progresses.

Once this 'side mission' is integrated into the 0.28 build, this should lay the groundwork for others to write some new side stories that relate to the main plot and perhaps a few 'end goals'. My alternate backstory has specific 'end game' goals in mind as I've mentioned before, and in my mind, such side plots should tie into things that Lex may need to reach those goals, be it personnel, tech, resources, whatever...

The idea here is to have an overall story going on along with the 'usual sandbox grind' to keep players interested.

Anyways, yeah, just wanted to give a quick update. More help is always welcome and appreciated!

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Hmmm, no new comments on this thread for the last 2 weeks.:sleep::sleep::sleep:

Meanwhile, . . . back at the swamp, . . . Here are the other 2 poses for Mandragora plus an additional facial expression with a more menacing look. There wasn't a lot of reference art out there for Mandragora, so I pulled from his Marvel counterpart Kingpin.

OhWee, Let me know if you want anything more done with this,

Mandragora_PS_WIP01b.jpg Mandragora_PS_WIP01a.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Morkar and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hmmm, no new comments on this thread for the last 2 weeks.:sleep::sleep::sleep:

Meanwhile, . . . back at the swamp, . . . Here are the other 2 poses for Mandragora plus an additional facial expression with a more menacing look. There wasn't a lot of reference art out there for Mandragora, so I pulled from his Marvel counterpart Kingpin.

OhWee, Let me know if you want anything more done with this,

View attachment 2939758 View attachment 2939765
I've been working on one of my other projects for the last couple of weeks when not dealing with RL stuff...

I'll get back to this eventually.

Your takes on Steven look rather good, but the pink face is bothering me.

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
I've been working on one of my other projects for the last couple of weeks when not dealing with RL stuff...

I'll get back to this eventually.

Your takes on Steven look rather good, but the pink face is bothering me.
Steven Mandragora and his son Edgar, (Batman Beyond), are widrly accepted in the DCAU as being albinos. Getting skin coloration for an albino is tricky because of the narrow range that you have to work with for base color, highlights and shading. Attached is a Facial expressions worksheet with a slightly heavier base color and eyes that are more pink than red.

I work with a PNG image in the original artwork which allows me to make simple color changes before converting to JPG. I'm not fully satisfied with the sneering expresssion and may still play with that a bit. Will you need a 3rd expression? Let me know if you want a full revision of the skin tones . It would be easier to do at this point in development. Mandragora Facial Expressions.png

Fapokso

Jan 16, 2020
Steven Mandragora and his son Edgar, (Batman Beyond), are widrly accepted in the DCAU as being albinos. Getting skin coloration for an albino is tricky because of the narrow range that you have to work with for base color, highlights and shading. Attached is a Facial expressions worksheet with a slightly heavier base color and eyes that are more pink than red.

I work with a PNG image in the original artwork which allows me to make simple color changes before converting to JPG. I'm not fully satisfied with the sneering expresssion and may still play with that a bit. Will you need a 3rd expression? Let me know if you want a full revision of the skin tones . It would be easier to do at this point in development. View attachment 2941251
Hmmm

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Wonder if you guys could see what Jana Hudson and white rabbit would look like in su
You mean Jaina Hudson and White Rabbit. For those unfamiliar with the character, Jaina Hudson has the ability to splint into two separate people with different personalities and remerge with one another. Unlike Duo Damsel, the two are physically different with different skin tones and hair color. White Rabbit's abilities include agility, super human stamina, superior speed and evasion. Batman villainess, known to occasionally hang with Mad Hatter

jaina_hudson_and_white_rabbit_by_phil_cho_d992fs2-fullview.jpg View attachment Jaina_Hudson_and_White_Rabbit_locked_up.webp

Has anyone else brought up that SR7 has added Gotham to SU and added it to where Chicago, (Midway City on DCAU Earth Prime) instead of across the river from Metropolis. ( Oh well, Earth 69 is his sandbox after all is said and done, . . )

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Did this get canceled?
The lack of updates is quite noticeable
I'm in the middle of other projects atm, I'll come back to this at some point.

As for the other people working on this, you know as much as I do at this point, and I have no new info on their current state of progress or lack thereof.

Except for Macfinn99 of course. He's still working on some new artwork, as indicated above. Speaking of which:

Macfinn99 ,

The 'alt color' for the face looks quite nice. Keep on it!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Macfinn99

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Couple of things...

It'd be fun to add this somewhere...

Screenshot from Batman - Return of the Caped Crusaders (2017 Animated)

Also, a more 'Julie Newmar' version of Catwoman could be fun. And apparently Harlene Quinzel is now 'officially' in the 60's Batman series canon if you count the 60's retro animated movies that were released in 2016-2017)!

JulieNewmarAnimated.jpg

I'll get back to Re-Imagined eventually, just throwing out a couple of ideas in the meantime!

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Hi OhWee, attached are the 4 Mandragora with the skin tone changes. I also changed to gray outline in all of the skintone areas to better empasize the Albinoism. Let me know if you need any additional poses or expressions. Hopefully, Mandragora will be more than a one-shot character

Mandragora_PS_WIP02a.jpg Mandragora_PS_WIP02b.jpg

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Just a WIP proposal that I've played with off & on for awhile: Glamour Slam backgrounds with shadow/silhouette dancers onstage.

I used silhouettes instead of heroines because you never know what stage of the game you were going to be in and wouldn't know which heroines would be available at the time. I would have liked to add shadow/silouette patrons but that gets a whole lot more complicated. Open for comments, suggestions or whatever, . . . bg-gslam01a.jpg bg-gslam02b.jpg bg-gslam03b.jpg

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote