• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Doc_Odd

Jun 15, 2017
As usual, the canonical material is complicated, confusing, and contradictory (and I certainly don't know all of it, going mostly on internet summaries that probably add further mistakes and confusion), which is why I wasn't sure what was going on. If Power Girl and Galatea are going to be two separate characters in this version, that's fine with me; I just wanted to make sure Galatea wasn't being cut.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
As usual, the canonical material is complicated, confusing, and contradictory (and I certainly don't know all of it, going mostly on internet summaries that probably add further mistakes and confusion), which is why I wasn't sure what was going on. If Power Girl and Galatea are going to be two separate characters in this version, that's fine with me; I just wanted to make sure Galatea wasn't being cut.
Oh hell no! The clone arcs are probably the most interesting stories in SU currently, so Galatea is definitely staying! As is Terra..

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, still nudging and such, but here's my current take on the nightly reports screens...

SU_ReImagined_TaskResultsWIP2.jpg

SU_ReImagined_TaskFailResults.jpg

Still need to add a few more things, etc. of course. The idea here is to reduce clicks by showing both screens at the same time (if both are in play). The Threat Level bar will come into play down the road a bit, to let players know when the threat level is getting a little too high for comfort...

Feedback is welcome!

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Updated Version 0.23a builds to share!

Links:

PC version:

Mac version:

Edit: Uploaded patched version 0.23a

Changelog:

1) The Legion Hideout Villain Interface Screen is now mostly working.

- You can hire henchmen of course! There's a 'check' included for 'first time' conversations, so that you won't need to re-read the conversations each time, but the associated conversations aren't coded yet. xMendoza has these in his most recent build, I'll start to port those over to the associated .rpy files in a future update.​
- You can currently do cash heists, there are icons for other heists but these are there mainly to show the scroll bar functionality, the other heists currently don't really 'do' anything other than to show how different stats affect the chances of a successful heist for different heists.​
- You can also now assign henchmen to capture heroines. A 'purchase Lexcon device' routine has been included, so that you won't need to go to the Profiles screen to do this. Note that Mercy can still make 'insta-capture' attempts via the Profile screen currently. Her chances of a successful capture are higher when assigned via the Villain interface screen...​
- The capture lists are currently populated automatically as you reach certain capture thresholds, this will change as the associated heists and conversations with Tala and Roulette are added in future updates.​

2) The Dancing, Stripping, and Eroplay performances in the Glamour Slam should now be working. I added a check that will 'bypass' the images for said performances if said gal doesn't have associated art in her folder yet (mainly Power Girl and Kite Lass for now).

3) The girl picker scrollbars in the Heroine Profiles and GS/MB Management screens now 'default' to 'centered'. With the addition of Power Girl, there are now 7 girls to choose from in the Tier 3 row, so centering shows partial icons at the left and right, so that players won't need to 'scroll' immediately. As more girls are added, increasing the row sizes above 7, this will become unavoidable, but for now...

Speaking of adding girls...

4) Power Girl is now ingame! Thank Sinner87 for putting together a few sprites for Power Girl. Not much to do with Power Girl yet, more content will be created for her in future updates.

5) You can now pick between costumes for Batgirl and Supergirl. Currently they are the only two characters that have cell scenes, it's mostly just dialogue and showing off a new outfit or two for now. More content for these two, and other gals, will be added in future updates. Thanks Cult of Ape for helping out with this!

6) A 'content check' variable for the various girls has been added, which will not allow you to upgrade their devices above Level 6 (i.e. Unlock their higher brain functions) until their associated cell scene content is added.

---

I probably changed a few other things, but the main thing is that the Villain Interface is now working.

Priority 'to do' list items for the next update.

1) Add Lois Lane content.
2) Add initial hiring conversations for the various henchmen. Note that you'll only need to go through these conversations one time, not each time...
3) Add some Meta Bordello content.
4) Implement upgrades (create icons, etc.) for the Legion Hideout, Tala's shop, and the Lexcorp Living Quarters.
5) Add more cell scenes content for more gals.
6) Implement the 'assign henchmen to security details at the GS, MB, and at Lexcorp (security, Lex's quarters) functionality in the Villain Interface screen.
7) Add Harley and Joker content, and associated scene checks to the Legion Hideout and interface screens.
8) Add code to make a few of the added features (such as Mercy's insta-captures) optional rules.
9) Focus (FINALLY!) on the missing content for Roulette and Tala, you'll probably hit an error at some point with these two after advancing through various conversations...
10) Create an actual 'threat level' system... note that the threat level bar on the results screen is just a placeholder for now...
11) Other stuff as I think of it...

---

This should be considered BETA software at best. Expect to find a few bugs, and please report them when you do find them!

stevejones19 , etc.

I've put together as Mac distribution. I have no way to test these as I don't own Apple products, so no guarantees as to if everything will work or not. I used the Ren'Py build distributions feature to create the Mac port, so it should work, hopefully without major issues...

There is NO ANDROID PORT as of yet! I think that we need a little more content, and error checking, before I put out a request for an Android port. If someone still wants to package an Android port, I'm sure it'd be appreciated, but I'd rather not waste your time, so it's your call Android port maker types!

ATTN Moderators:

This is STILL just a proof of concept, not a game, so yeah this should stay here in the Programming & Development section for now. Once more content is added, then we can have a discussion about whether it should be treated as a game, but for now it's a buggy mess, and a LOT more content still needs to be incorporated so that there's an actual story instead of just an exercise in brothel management...

---

SU Re-Imagined is still pretty much just a rather involved Proof of Concept demo, not a full game, but if you enjoy testing out such things, well feedback is always appreciated. Also bug reports...

Again, thanks to xMendoza , Cult of Ape , Sinner87 , Krull and others for their contributions so far! More help is always needed, if you'd like to help out, things are in a pretty good place right now for that. We need mroe cell scenes coded, and a few other events and such need to be added (Lois Lane, Harleys, etc.).

So if you'd like to join in on the community effort r.e. an unofficial Ren'Py port (disclaimer: this is a community effort, for free, no one is getting paid...), PM me or just reply to this thread!

Enjoy the new build! Feedback is appreciated!
OhWee
:cool:

Random screenshot from 0.23...

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Is the power girl story of her capture already included?
No, like most of the other heroines currently, you can basically just put her to work in the GS/MB. Power Girl cell scene content, and associated conversations covering her backstory, and also maybe an intro event at Tala's shop or whatever, will need to be added in future updates.

Right now the main reason to include Power Girl is to showcase that new girls can be added fairly easily, if some fanart type wish to create a set of sprites and such to include in ReImagined, and also maybe create an associated story. Rest assured that SOMEONE will be writing up some dialogue for Power Girl though in future updates!

Also Galatea, the Harleys, Lois and Lana, Darci, Crush, Superwoman, etc. need to be 'ported in' but that'd require someone to tackle their cell/quarters scenes content. My focus is on getting the game framework/interface stuff running smoothly, so that others can do exactly this fairly easily.

petardo8

Apr 10, 2019
That's all I can think of for now. If you'd like to help, we could definitely use the help!
Alright, I have very little/no experience with RenPy, but I'll see what I can do. I'm going to try to get some of the cell scenes for supergirl, some dialogues or something. In the worst case, I can just transcribe them so the texts are done and only the images/transitions are needed.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Alright, I have very little/no experience with RenPy, but I'll see what I can do. I'm going to try to get some of the cell scenes for supergirl, some dialogues or something. In the worst case, I can just transcribe them so the texts are done and only the images/transitions are needed.
I'd suggest looking at the Supergirl code and sprites for example purposes, as someone else is working on her at the moment. Do you have another girl(s) that interests you?

Reactions: Krull

petardo8

Apr 10, 2019
I'd suggest looking at the Supergirl code for examples, someone else is working on her at the moment. Do you have another girl(s) that interests you?
oh sure, is there a list somewhere of the girls people are working on right now? I've heard a bit of talk about galatea, but i could probably work with some cell scenes for batgirl if no one else is working on her?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Mainly just Supergirl and Batgirl are being worked on when time allows. Lois Lane has a tiny bit done, Power Girl is being worked on, but pretty much everyone else is fair game. Mercy and the Harleys need content fairly early on, and pretty much any other Superheroine. I'd prioritize the 'earlier' gals first, i.e.

Huntress
Stargirl
Vixen
Zatanna
Hawkgirl
Wonder Woman

Those six are recruited very early in the game, so their content should be a priority.

Terra
Miss Martian
Starfire

Those three are next. Starfire can pull 'double duty', so she's more interesting in that regard, but Terra and Miss Martian also have some really cool content going on.

There's also villainess content that needs to be addressed. The Harleys as noted before, then Galatea etc.. Terra and Galatea will be needed for cloning content, but I'm not quite that far yet.

I guess my point here is to pick the girl that most interests you, favoring the girls that show up earlier first, but any content is welcome, whichever you are most passionate about is fine!

Reactions: Krull

petardo8

Apr 10, 2019
Mainly just Supergirl and Batgirl are being worked on when time allows. Lois Lane has a tiny bit done, Power Girl is being worked on, but pretty much everyone else is fair game. Mercy and the Harleys need content fairly early on, and pretty much any other Superheroine. I'd prioritize the 'earlier' gals first, i.e.

Huntress
Stargirl
Vixen
Zatanna
Hawkgirl
Wonder Woman

Those six are recruited very early in the game, so their content should be a priority.

Terra
Miss Martian
Starfire

Those three are next. Starfire can pull 'double duty', so she's more interesting in that regard, but Terra and Miss Martian also have some really cool content going on.

There's also villainess content that needs to be addressed. The Harleys as noted before, then Galatea etc.. Terra and Galatea will be needed for cloning content, but I'm not quite that far yet.

I guess my point here is to pick the girl that most interests you, favoring the girls that show up earlier first, but any content is welcome, whichever you are most passionate about is fine!
Alright, I'll try to do Zatanna's dialogues, at least the introductory stuff or something. Adding her to a cell and everything might be a bit harder but I will take a look at supergirl's file and go from the basics.

paracetamol95

Oct 15, 2019
Gotta say I massively appreciate you acknowledging that a proof of concept 'buggy mess' isn't a game. The amount of v0.001s out there that go nowhere is staggering. This is looking fantastic, hopefully you can pull it off!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Gotta say I massively appreciate you acknowledging that a proof of concept 'buggy mess' isn't a game. The amount of v0.001s out there that go nowhere is staggering. This is looking fantastic, hopefully you can pull it off!
Right now, one of the main goals here is to perhaps convince GS Games that it might be time to consider 'upgrading' SU with a spiffy new Ren'Py interface, but I'm personally not holding my breath on that one. The other reason is because Ren'Py is much easier to make mods for, and a lot of people have ideas r.e. concepts and characters that they'd like to see in SU Unity.

So this is more a 'showing off a few new ideas' sort of thing at the moment, but if a lot of community modder/fanart support surfaces, I suppose it could be a 'while we sit around and wait for the next SU update' alternative to SU.

SU is a pretty cool game, and of course they should still be supported as they are the inspiration for this demo/community thingie... and this is mainly just a demo at this point. A rather involved demo admittedly but it needed to be to show off a few new ideas...

Cult of Ape

Oct 11, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label legioninterface is defined twice, at File "game/gsmbrecordkeeping.rpy", line 11:
label legioninterface:
and File "game/legionhideout.rpy", line 117:
label legioninterface:

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Sat Feb 25 09:10:29 2023
This is with the fixed legion hideout file

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label legioninterface is defined twice, at File "game/gsmbrecordkeeping.rpy", line 11:
label legioninterface:
and File "game/legionhideout.rpy", line 117:
label legioninterface:

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Sat Feb 25 09:10:29 2023
This is with the fixed legion hideout file
Yeah I forgot to share this other file:

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/02/2441225_gsmbrecordkeeping.rpy

I moved the code you mentioned to legionhideout.rpy as it made more sense to be there than in gsmb recordkeeping, but then forgot that I made that change...

Apologies!

There's a bigger issue that I need to deal with. For now, do NOT attempt to schedule heists/captures with Villains that you've 'picked' to see their stats but haven't hired yet. Currently you can schedule villains for heists and captures without hiring them first (oops!) but I missed that as obviously you would hire them first!

I mean, sure, you can just not hire them first, and save some money, but that's not intended functionality...

So I need to set up a check to see if they are actually hired first...
:rolleyes:

In the meantime, you should still be able to test everything else. And of course, if you find a bug, call it out!

Reactions: Cult of Ape

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
A patched version of 0.23 (0.23a) has been uploaded. You can find it here:

PC version:

Mac version:

Previous posts have been updated.

The main change is fixing the hiring routines so that un-hired villains can't be assigned to tasks, and also previous changes that have already been discussed to get the Villain interface working properly.

I had to edit a number of files in various places, hence the full upload instead of just the patch. Thankfully, the upload size isn't all that big (350+MB) so not too bad.

Again, consider this Beta software, so as mentioned before expect to find bugs and feel free to report them!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
wonder if gunsmoke would consider having you guys help me cause it seems you guys do good work
I can be contacted via my PM inbox here, as can xMendoza...

My post history here on f95zone (which goes back to 2017...), and the number of fanart and fanart assets threads that I curate or are involved in, as well as my own development thread, can speak for itself!

ReImagined is a community project of course, but if there is actually serious renewed interest in an 'official' SU Ren'Py port... However, based on recent Twitch stream interviews I'm not holding my breath, and will keep on keepin' on in the meantime!

Note that I also do the 'cheat sheet guide' that's linked in the SU thread. I haven't updated it in a bit because I've been focused on ReBuilt/ReImagined, but I haven't forgotten about it and will update it after the next SU version drops.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so still looking for feedback r.e. what I did with the Legion Hideout Interface screen from those that have tested it in the latest build (0.23a)

Note that this won't 'replace' the Legion interactions completely, and there is a 'check point' before this screen will be called to see if there's an event at the Legion first (say Joker looking for some chemicals...). Said events haven't been coded yet of course, but when we get that far, yeah there's a methodology in place so that you can't just 'bypass' said events when you click the 'Access Legion Management Interface' button.

And note that you can access the Legion Interface via the City Map, or after entering the Legion Hideout, or directly via the 'the next night has begun' long ass menu...

Anyways yeah, does the Legion Interface layout feel intuitive enough? Other thoughts?

I'm working on the Security subscreen now...

SU_ReImagined_LegionSecurityWIP1.png

The plan is to show the current henchman bonuses in the area above the four location thumbnails, and add some buttons to assign or unassign/fire henchmen from each post.

Of course, when a Villain(ess) is assigned to a location, that henchman's thumbnail pic will be added on top of the location thumbnail, similarly to the other sub-screens, and the current bonus will be shown on top of the red shadow box in the lower right corner of the thumbnail.

Not sure what I'm going to do with the area underneath the 'current henchman' profile pic on this subscreen yet, since the assign/unassign buttons will be on top of the associated location thumbnails... Income bonuses are specific to the locations.

Quick note. I've mentioned before that (in my mind) Lex is behind the 'leash walk' video uploads and hence is earning a little bit of income from streaming those leash walks. I'm thinking that gals assigned to Lex's room will be spending time on their tablet/laptop/smartphone in the chat rooms and such that discuss said videos when not entertaining Lex, so their income bonus (if any) will increase said streaming income... That's my justification/idea anyways!

Also, Day 69 is totally a coincidence, I didn't plan that... it's just where I left off when I saved my current playtest session earlier, but hadn't noticed what day I had ended/saved at until I was saving my screenshot in Photoshop...
:p

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote