Tool RenPy Translation tool

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
I fix that but this happens to me when entering a game option
Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/droom_menu.rpy", line 194, in script
    call screen droom
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1535, in execute
    screen droom():
    screen droom():
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1573, in execute
    if Hour == 8:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1602, in execute
    if leedone1 == 1 and leedone2 == 1:
NameError: name 'leedone1' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/droom_menu.rpy", line 194, in script
    call screen droom
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1907, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1895, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 220, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2873, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3074, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 534, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 534, in visit_all
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 424, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3074, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 619, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen droom():
    screen droom():
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1573, in execute
    if Hour == 8:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1602, in execute
    if leedone1 == 1 and leedone2 == 1:
  File "<screen language>", line 1602, in <module>
NameError: name 'leedone1' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.1.457
Foot Of The Mountains V12
Sat Sep 05 08:57:19 2020
[/CODE]

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
I used
highlight syntax for notepad++ and autorecognition *.rpy files
Place in win7 -> C:\Users\YouUsers\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++

tabs in spaces can be defeated, as in the picture
Yes , but when I edit .rpy with notepad setted as python never had a single problem with Tab or others.

You can search Tab (or search and replace) also in this way
tab.jpg

wasya2009

Dec 13, 2018
Yes , but when I edit .rpy with notepad setted as python never had a single problem with Tab or others.

You can search Tab (or search and replace) also in this way
View attachment 803302
Yes, also a method. But in my case, it already automatically detects *.rpy files (code highlighting similar to python).
And how to get rid of tabs is already in the notepad++ tools see my screenshoot in post #512

Reactions: Tacito

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
Yes, also a method. But in my case, it already automatically detects *.rpy files (code highlighting similar to python).
And how to get rid of tabs is already in the notepad++ tools see my screenshoot in post #512
I checked in Win10 , seems it removes the Tab problem but color code seems lost.
Right with python language setted
renpy.jpg

It is normal or it is a my error ? Thanks
Normally I use this settings
rpy.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: wasya2009

xelion

Apr 8, 2018
Hello,
I have been reviewing the translation API, and I have seen 2 that in their free version, offer to translate 500,000 characters / month

Microsoft Translator Text
NLP Translation

Compared to what Yandex free could translate (before), it sucks ... but do you think it would come to translate 1 game a month?

Last edited:

wasya2009

Dec 13, 2018
Hello,
I have been reviewing the translation API, and I have seen 2 that in their free version, offer to translate 500,000 characters / month

Microsoft Translator Text
NLP Translation

Compared to what Yandex free could translate (before), it sucks ... but do you think it would come to translate 1 game a month?
Все будет зависеть от объема текста в игре. Какая-нибудь альфа v0.001 - возможно да, а какой нибудь complete - нет. Но вообще есть методы по обходу этих и других подобных ограничений, но тогда приложение надо усложнять.

Reactions: xelion

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Version 0.07 fix 6
Fixed broken tags recognition, in case the online translator broke some tags or variables during translation. Now tags like %H and some other are also included in check.
Please redownload the archive with a new version from the first post.
Thanks to all who helped to find and investigate this issue - Tacito, Wasya and others.

"Kimber

Nov 23, 2017
The program called Translator ++ offers the possibility to translate without api. Can't you do this in your schedule

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
The program called Translator ++ offers the possibility to translate without api. Can't you do this in your schedule
Well, I donth think anyone here wants to spend 24 hours to translate a single game. But that is the speed, when you translate it without API.

Translation without API can work, if you need to translate some small game, but for games like MilfCity, that contain more than 1 million of chars, this is not possible. You will get banned by Google for multiple requests.

But what I saw - this guy uses some kind of offline translator. This sounds interesting, though I don't think it will give a quality result.

Last edited:

"Kimber

Nov 23, 2017
Well, I donth think anyone here wants to spend 24 hours to translate a single game. But that is the speed, when you translate it without API.

Translation without API can work, if you need to translate some small game, but for games like MilfCity, that contain more than 1 million of chars, this is not possible. You will get banned by Google for multiple requests.

But what I saw - this guy uses some kind of offline translator. This sounds interesting, though I don't think it will give a quality result.
Can you still make a different program or something? I'm sure there are those who think like me

▌Gin ▐

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2019
Con un pò di pazienza puoi fare come me, quando hai finito la traduzione con google e ricompilato apri direttamente i file rpy con Rackamtranslate per fare le correzioni necessarie, non è completamente automatico ma usa DeepL Translate.
With a little patience you can do the same as me, when you have finished the translation with google and recompiled open directly the rpy files with Rackamtranslate to make the necessary corrections, it is not fully automatic but use DeepL Translate.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes