Tool RenPy Translation tool

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Lucas979

Oct 13, 2018
I was taking a closer look, this method has certain limitations, if it were like a month of use, but it has the limitations of 30 minutes so far, so good, but after about 4, 5 times that you use google, it prevents you from using the same laboratory, then you have to change accounts and do the same procedure making the use of this method unviable due to its great limitation !!!
for answers like this I was refraining from posting something about the method ... the free obviously won't be like the paid one, you can't wait long for anything ...
now I will start looking for another free option and if I find a better one I will not publish it here ... it shows that they do not appreciate at all what one comes to offer them for free.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aioria619

EnlyZ

Nov 21, 2019
for answers like this I was refraining from posting something about the method ... the free obviously won't be like the paid one, you can't wait long for anything ...
now I will start looking for another free option and if I find a better one I will not publish it here ... it shows that they do not appreciate at all what one comes to offer them for free.
I will be using this method until I have something definitive. because I’m only going to use it when there’s a game update coming up. I thank you for sharing this method.

EnlyZ

Nov 21, 2019
Can you translate a complete Renpy game into Translator + without having a problem with errors in the game at the end of the procedure? For now the 'Translation Tool' is the best translation program so far. he doesn't make a mistake with the games.

Zovk Darkness

Oct 26, 2020
Same thing here, I tried it and looks like Google has a limit of usages from one account. When I tried to create a new one, it requires a phone number. Anyway, it is impossible to automate this process, but it can be a good alternative to those who can't add a credit card to get Cloud API access.

Instructions update.
Alternative way of creating Google Cloud account added.

I've added the instruction to the file Translate.API.pdf in the first post. Thanks to the Tiel.Br and EnlyZ.
v01d_08, can this help you to improve your tool to solve the problem?

Link:

I tested the NyashniyVladya tool and it worked for games made on Ren'Py versions 6.99.14 and newer (does not seem to work on versions before 6.99.14), just follow the instructions in releases:

1. Copy Translator3000.rpa to the "game" folder
2. We started the game at least once to create the json file in the game folder.
3. Open the "_translator3000_setting.json" that appears in the game directory.
4. We changed the parameters to those necessary, replacing the value "null", example:

"directionOfTranslation": null,
"prescan": null,
"gameLanguage": null

FOR:

"directionOfTranslation": "en",
"prescan": false,
"gameLanguage": "jp"

Note: "prescan" changing to "True" will translate all strings, but it will take a long time, but if it is "false" it will translate in real time.

After editing the json, save and start the game that should work.
I hope this helped and if you have to thank someone, don't thank me, thank NyashniyVladya for the tool he made.

And I'm sorry for the google translate, I hope you can understand what I wrote without further problems. :cry:

Last edited:

4ppendix

Feb 4, 2020
Don't throw them all in one bag. There are people who are grateful for any advice. Then there are people who want everything perfect, preferably for free. If we all get along like you, we can close it here. You can't do without others either!

4ppendix

Feb 4, 2020
v01d_08, can this help you to improve your tool to solve the problem?

Link:

I tested the NyashniyVladya tool and it worked for games made on Ren'Py versions 6.99.14 and newer (does not seem to work on versions before 6.99.14), just follow the instructions in releases:

1. Copy Translator3000.rpa to the "game" folder
2. We started the game at least once to create the json file in the game folder.
3. Open the "_translator3000_setting.json" that appears in the game directory.
4. We changed the parameters to those necessary, replacing the value "null", example:

"directionOfTranslation": null,
"prescan": null,
"gameLanguage": null

FOR:

"directionOfTranslation": "en",
"prescan": false,
"gameLanguage": "jp"

Note: "prescan" changing to "True" will translate all strings, but it will take a long time, but if it is "false" it will translate in real time.

After editing the json, save and start the game that should work.
I hope this helped and if you have to thank someone, don't thank me, thank NyashniyVladya for the tool he made.

And I'm sorry for the google translate, I hope you can understand what I wrote without further problems. :cry:
Can't someone better describe it, add a screen, what should it look like in the final? I've been worried about it for 2 days, I can't break it up. Thanks

Lucas979

Oct 13, 2018
Oh man, sometimes it is better to say nothing. Looks like this is your case))

Hello, thank you, but there is no problems. Feel free to use any tool you like.
hello again, i found a possible bug in the tool.
It happens when I try to translate this file, at no time does the translation start, it doesn't even start counting dialogues or characters, the program just crashes, could you see the error and fix it if possible?
I would greatly appreciate it

Zovk Darkness

Oct 26, 2020
Look at the error that appears when I do this step by step.
Weird...
Can't someone better describe it, add a screen, what should it look like in the final? I've been worried about it for 2 days, I can't break it up. Thanks
I tested it now with Wolf Tails and it work, I tested it with other Ren'Py games and it work, it just didn't work with games made on versions of Ren'Py before version 6.99.14.

Wolf Tails:
teste.png

Note: I used the Spanish language as an example, for another language that does not appear the text, text font of the game has to be changed to another one if it does not have the necessary characters of the language.

To change the language in "gameLanguage" and "directionOfTranslation" see here:

Last edited:

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Guys, I have nothing against Translator3000, but this thread is related to other tool. Please don't post offtopic here, you better start a new thread about 3000 and discuss it there, so people can find it.

EnlyZ

Nov 21, 2019
you were wrong when creating the API. look at the'.PDF 'walkthrough at the beginning of the page.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes