RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Ah, so this is how you made the trigger huh.
These buffs won't be interrupted/replaced by other buffs or by entering combat right? :whistle::coffee:
They'd be pretty worthless if they would disappear when you enter combat. XD
But status effects are removed when the party is fully recovered, whether they have good or bad effects. I should probably check if there is any part of the raids where such a full recovery is used.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Just checking for bugs before actually checking for bugs. :giggle::coffee:
But status effects are removed when the party is fully recovered, whether they have good or bad effects.
Hm, seem like could be an annoyance.
Remember when i found out that buffs/debuffs in twin-towers can be removed through death?
Similar thing probably happens with these new buffs as well. Would be nice if that could be fixed. :whistle::coffee:
Also maybe check so that there is no conflict between twin-tower buffs/debuffs and these new buffs. Just in case.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
But status effects are removed when the party is fully recovered, whether they have good or bad effects. I should probably check if there is any part of the raids where such a full recovery is used.
After the fire and ice raid the healer normally makes a full recovery for the Party.
Also there is a healing Orb just before the fire raid that makes a complete recovery for the Party available.

EDIT: Also choosing "Elixier" dureing the Ice Raid coud be considered a full recovery

Last edited:

Skelletonike

Feb 9, 2019
I create "update files" for a test about the changes to fix the overview map from update 23.03.25. You can apply them like the usual update files, when you have the newest public release 23.03.25. The .zip is attached to this post.

Changes:
- The max storage limit was removed.
- All resource production happens automatically in the background now once you have the necessary building for it. Research, training, and constructions still take real time.
- Removed the constant decrease of Reputation, Faith, Freedom, Safety, Magic, Knowledge, Health, and Happiness for your country.
- Fixed a bug with the Paper research.
- Increased Reputation for easy requests from 20 to 30, and for medium requests from 30 to 50.
- Expeditions don't „consume“ the soldiers you send anymore, but expeditions take longer now.
- I created buffs for when you collect country values when they're already at 100:
Faith (+5% M.DEF) [Church, Shrine of Flunis]
Freedom (+3% crit chance) [Streets, Newspaper]
Safety (+5% DEF) [Watchtower, Fire station, Police HQ]
Magic (+5% M.ATK) [Laboratory, University]
Knowledge (+10% experience gained from battles) [School, Library]
Health (+5% M.HP) [Bathhouse, Clinic]
Happiness (+5% ATK) [Bar, Park]
These buffs last for 40 turns in battles (the count is continued from battle to battle and individual for each party member.)
- The Shrine of Flunis now generates Faith, and the laboratory and university generate Magic. (Knowledge comes from the school and library buildings)

The UI still shows the „Storage“ amount, but that'll be removed.
The titlescreen was not changed to the new version number.

I hope these changes will solve a lot of the issues player had with the new system before. Feel free to give me your feedback again, to let me know what turned out well or bad, and if you still see major problems.
Are you going to release this update on steam, or should I just update manually?

Thanks.

nuclear

Sep 27, 2017
Gameplay seems interesting. Are there any interesting female characters or do they all fall head over heels and submit to the MC if he so much as breathes?

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Okay, this here faith claim seem to be a bit off the target, when you click on the building you can't claim faith there, but if you click directly below the building, you can. Probably needs to be adjusted.
1.png

And a typo here:
2.png

I'll prolly gather typos separately and send them together later as usual. :whistle::coffee:

Last edited:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Some trade offers in the trading screen don't make any sense, like the Amagal one:
Amagal offers to both buy and sell 3 medicine in exchange for 5 budget.
Why would they sell medicine if they need it? Why would they buy medicine if they sell it?
It's a paradox my guy. :sneaky::coffee: Buy/sell offers should always be different, i think.

Last edited:

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Here is an updated version of the "test update files" with a couple of bug fixes people mentioned here and on discord during their tests. I'll make some additional changes and fixes tomorrow, to polish everything before the public release.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Don't forget to adjust the text so that it'll reflect the fact that stuff like reputation no longer decreases overtime.
This text seem to be mostly displayed when you find the new rep skill events on the overview map. :whistle::coffee:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
When selecting to train 'Guardian Squad' in the barrack it wants something called 'Armored Guard' as production resource, but there is no such thing in the list so i assume the name is incorrect and it just wants 'Elite Soldier' right?
Nvm i think i found dem armored guards in the other barrack. :whistle::coffee:

Last edited:

mathiau

Aug 4, 2020
A M.HP buff that disappear on full recovery is a bit counter intuitive

BOH56

May 27, 2017
So, we're just stuck with the real time thing. Fuck.
Hopefully someone makes a mod or something to go back to the turn system.
Honestly, kinda hate mostly all of the new system, a lot.

Now I'm mostly just considering the pros and cons of just outright ignoring the kingdom building overmap part of the game and seeing how that works out. But there are several chars and scenes tied to the kingdom development...

Last edited:

peeper123

Jul 22, 2017
how do you get Builder Knowledge and all of the other types of knowledge resources i cant figure it out

valx8

May 28, 2019
So the country map is now a idle clicker? Is there no auto produce and collect? I really need to produce wood and then collect it?
This is no fun...

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
So the country map is now a idle clicker? Is there no auto produce and collect? I really need to produce wood and then collect it?
This is no fun...
->
I create "update files" for a test about the changes to fix the overview map from update 23.03.25. You can apply them like the usual update files, when you have the newest public release 23.03.25. The .zip is attached to this post.

Changes:
- The max storage limit was removed.
- All resource production happens automatically in the background now once you have the necessary building for it. Research, training, and constructions still take real time.
- Removed the constant decrease of Reputation, Faith, Freedom, Safety, Magic, Knowledge, Health, and Happiness for your country.
- Fixed a bug with the Paper research.
- Increased Reputation for easy requests from 20 to 30, and for medium requests from 30 to 50.
- Expeditions don't „consume“ the soldiers you send anymore, but expeditions take longer now.
- I created buffs for when you collect country values when they're already at 100:
Faith (+5% M.DEF) [Church, Shrine of Flunis]
Freedom (+3% crit chance) [Streets, Newspaper]
Safety (+5% DEF) [Watchtower, Fire station, Police HQ]
Magic (+5% M.ATK) [Laboratory, University]
Knowledge (+10% experience gained from battles) [School, Library]
Health (+5% M.HP) [Bathhouse, Clinic]
Happiness (+5% ATK) [Bar, Park]
These buffs last for 40 turns in battles (the count is continued from battle to battle and individual for each party member.)
- The Shrine of Flunis now generates Faith, and the laboratory and university generate Magic. (Knowledge comes from the school and library buildings)

The UI still shows the „Storage“ amount, but that'll be removed.
The titlescreen was not changed to the new version number.

I hope these changes will solve a lot of the issues player had with the new system before. Feel free to give me your feedback again, to let me know what turned out well or bad, and if you still see major problems.
The newest update files to apply the changes can be found here: https://f95zone.to/threads/renryuu-ascension-v23-03-25-naughty-netherpunch.1196/post-10398539

I'll make a full update to fix the system once all changes are done and tested. Hopefully within today.

Reactions: valx8
4.00 star(s) 76 Votes