Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

4.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
some ppl dont know how to find them, some dont even know there are images, they think pink unicorns draw them when they play. =)

and asking on forum is easier than looking all pics,
and some (which is controversial) dont want to see spoilers (other event pics) while looking for that spoiler ..
u know what i mean
If they don't want a spoiler then why ask on a forum? And if they can't figure out where the images are in the game folder they need to sell their PC for being too illiterate to be able to use it properly. Then again, all those identifty thieves and hackers need some patsy's to be stupid enough to prey on, so I guess they can stay.

StarWarrior

Engaged Member
May 24, 2017
If they don't want a spoiler then why ask on a forum? And if they can't figure out where the images are in the game folder they need to sell their PC for being too illiterate to be able to use it properly. Then again, all those identifty thieves and hackers need some patsy's to be stupid enough to prey on, so I guess they can stay.
Well you know.. this is also a forum where people ask a question, and the answer to their questions is 1 post above their question. Reading is hard i guess.::|:
(not this thread specific, more overall)

Reactions: paladin07

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017
Hi guys, Just a quick update to say I've got my new system now.

Just updating the drivers and downloading the software now and will start work again soon.

-Boom
The best of news, I'm happy that everything are in good way, and now You're able in keeping doing your game with great scenes like You did till now. Good Luck.

DiAbLo_SV

Apr 14, 2017
Is is just me or anyone else is have this downloading problem with mega. Every time I download it gives me corrupt zip file. HELP
PS. I am NOT sorry for my bad english.....hue hue hue

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017
Is is just me or anyone else is have this downloading problem with mega. Every time I download it gives me corrupt zip file. HELP
PS. I am NOT sorry for my bad english.....hue hue hue
Try open with Winrar, for me works fine :):)

DiAbLo_SV

Apr 14, 2017
I talk because 7zip, for me comes in Daemon Tools format, I need open the program and change inside for Winrar only. Try extract again in another link.
Silly me. The answer should have been....update your f**king winrar please....
All It needed was a little update and that's it. But thanks anyways for your help and support.

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017
Silly me. The answer should have been....update your f**king winrar please....
All It needed was a little update and that's it. But thanks anyways for your help and support.
If need some help, let me know, Friend, Good Luck. ;):):)

Reactions: DiAbLo_SV

Rumor69

Jul 5, 2017
Where are the save files located? I've done a search through the posts and I find mention or questions about saves but haven't found the actual location. I would of thought it would be found in the same appdata location as the other games but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Last edited:

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
Where are the save files located? ... thought it would be found in the same appdata location as the other games but that doesn't seem to be the case.
For savegames under Windows you may check this path: C:\Users\<Your_User_Name\AppData\... as you mentioned. There should be 3 folders. Check the 'Local' one for RPGM games. Then go to the game's own directory, look there, too.

FYI, and anybody who's interested:
  • Ren'Py games use C:\Users\<Your_User_Name>\AppData\Roaming\Renpy\... There is a folder called 'RenPy', inside folders with name of game or creator. A folder 'backups' does exist there too. If a game is installed anew data from this folder is copied to game directory. Savegames are found inside game directory, i.e. <Game_Name>\game\saves\... is common.
  • RPGM games use C:\Users\<Your_User_Name>\AppData\Local\... There should be a folder with the name of game or creator. Savegames are found inside the game directory, i.e. <Game_Name>\www\save\... is common.
  • Visionaire Studio games use C:\Users\<Your_User_Name>\AppData\Local\... There should be a folder with the name of game or creator. Inside there is a 'savegame' folder.
  • Unity games use C:\Users\<Your_User_Name>\AppData\LocalLow\... There should be a folder with the name of game or creator. They also can use the Registry under Windows to store data.
These are the common places for common games for Windows. I don't know much about Mac OSX or Linux though. Saves should be found where user data is stored per default or inside the game directory path, similar to Windows...
Any infos on where game data is stored within other OSs is appreciated, pm me please.

Edit: added a certain path @DickFury found out (see post ), ty mate.
Edit2: for common savegame paths in OSX, at least for Unity games, see post #698 in AATofL thread.

Last edited:

DickFury

Aug 31, 2017
For savegames under Windows you may check this path: C:\Users\<Your_User_Name\AppData\... as you mentioned. There should be 3 folders. Check the 'Local' one for RPGM games. Then go to the game's own directory, look there, too.

FYI, and anybody who's interested:
  • Ren'Py games use C:\Users\<Your_User_Name>\AppData\Roaming\Renpy\... They also use their own game directory for saves sometimes.
  • Visionaire Studio and RPGM games use C:\Users\<Your_User_Name>\AppData\Local\... There should be a folder with the name of the game or creator. For Visionaire games, inside there is a 'savegame' folder. For RPGM games there is also a chance to find some savegames (like autosaves) inside their game directory.
  • Unity games use C:\Users\<Your_User_Name>\AppData\LocalLow\... There should be a folder with the name of the game or creator. They also can use the Registry under WIndows.
These are the most common places for the most common games for Windows. I don't know much about Mac OSX or Linux though. Saves should be found where user data is stored per default, similar to Windows...
some game devs make game save in its own location and with total bs names sometimes...

PS: this game saves in the = game folder > www
you find folder *save*, right under 'movies'
thats the only location RiC saves. bc every new version of game, if not move save from old version www folder to new, then it will have nothing to load (continue button is unclickable)

Reactions: Cirro84

Rumor69

Jul 5, 2017
some game devs make game save in its own location and with total bs names sometimes...

PS: this game saves in the = game folder > www
you find folder *save*, right under 'movies'
thats the only location RiC saves. bc every new version of game, if not move save from old version www folder to new, then it will have nothing to load (continue button is unclickable)
omg, thanks. I'm not sure if I looked in the www folder and just didn't see it, or just didn't think to find the save games folder to be there.

DickFury

Aug 31, 2017
omg, thanks. I'm not sure if I looked in the www folder and just didn't see it, or just didn't think to find the save games folder to be there.
most of games have ''save'' folder in www folder... about 90% of rpgm games i move saves around from old www to new www ...

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017
I'm very happy that everything is fine again, and @Boomatica, keeping doing His game in the same time, without troubles.

30/10/2017 $10+ Patreon Build : Build 0.5.5
31/10/2017 Patreon Build : Build 0.5.5
1/11/2017 Public Build : Build 0.5.5

13/11/2017 $10+ Patreon Build : Build 0.5.6
14/11/2017 Patreon Build : Build 0.5.6
15/11/2017 Public Build : Build 0.5.6

27/11/2017 $10+ Patreon Build : Build 0.5.7
28/11/2017 Patreon Build : Build 0.5.7
29/11/2017 Public Build : Build 0.5.7

Reactions: aweriel and Cirro84

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
some game devs...

this game saves in game folder > www, you find folder *save*, right under 'movies' - thats only location RiC saves. ...
Well DF, tyvm for mentioning this. Did not fiddle with the saves yet and had the old version deinstalled. Guess that's why I did not see that folder... :/ Will check it next time too.

You're right some engines let a dev choose the destination for data to be stored. Don't know if all different RPGM versions have that option though. Other engines only give you a standard path (or own game dir at best), that's why I added those I knew.

Wouldn't have thought about this very path for RiC, seems strange, almost as if 'hidden' away for some reason. Don't play RPGM games often to be honest. I'd add your path to that description of mine if you don't mind? ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: DickFury

DickFury

Aug 31, 2017
Well DF, tyvm for mentioning this. Did not fiddle with the saves yet and had the old version deinstalled. Guess that's why I did not see that folder... :/ Will check it next time too.

You're right some engines let a dev choose the destination for data to be stored. Don't know if all different RPGM versions have that option though. Other engines only give you a standard path (or own game dir at best), that's why I added those I knew.

Wouldn't have thought about this very path for RiC, seems strange, almost as if 'hidden' away for some reason. Don't play RPGM games often to be honest. I'd add your path to that description of mine if you don't mind? ;)
sure. anything that helps ppl is considered good right =)

4.00 star(s) 12 Votes