Ren'Py Abandoned Retriever: Da Capo [v0.1.0] [dodongamagnifico]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020

Woah, never thought this update would disappoint you all this much. The volume of dialog has decreased in v0.4.0 but the actual number of scenes's been increased. Thought this would make up the loss... Well, guess I was wrong.

I left the gallery like that since there are no scenes to put there. I'll do something with it in the next update. But regarding story or grammar and spelling, there's nothing much I can do about it. I'm a bad writer and English isn't my mother tongue.

I started making this game as just a hobby, to kill some time in the COVID-19 situation and I don't think this would change much in the future. But I will continue to try my best to the extent that it does not interfere with my work life.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't think the story are disappointed, it's just that the story are so confusing at the beginning with so many infos being dumped on players. I can feel it take some inspiration from series like Monogatari but it lack the atmosphere and soundtrack for players to truly care for the ingame story, not just that but the lack of choice make it feel more like a kinetic novel than a game and all the H scenes being cut make it feel very dry

Gilles de Rais

Oct 26, 2020
Sorry for the question, but ... What's with the tags? Has a "vaginal", "creampie" and ect, but there is no H-scene in the game.
Second rebirth and end.

robbaniak

Jul 17, 2019
Are you also annoyed by the appearing Kuro sign?
Kuro.png
It looks like an advertisement of Pioneer plasmas over a dozen years late ;)

lil boom toob

Sep 12, 2017
This is the most Monogatari-esque presentation I have ever seen and I fucking love it.

I really hope you get where you want to go with this because this is one of the most compelling starts I've seen on this site.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Colour me curious but I read that dialogue was cut out .... why?

It's great the number of scenes increased but scenes need story to tie them together or it's just pretty pictures with no meaning.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
Retriever [v0.5.0] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 2.49 GB
Original Size Mac: 2.47 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 179 MB: -
Compressed Size Mac: 144 MB: -

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
ugh what is with the dev constantly changing the renpy save folder name and never using one that is remotely close to the game name?!?
i can't find my saves! where the hell are they?!?

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Is the game going to be a visual novel or is it always going to be a Kinetic Novel. If there aren't relevant choices, then the game isn't likely to interest me. So I would be interested to know before downloading it.

Reactions: dodongamagnifico

Paarl

Dec 25, 2019
I don't know when they thought that making changes like the ones that appear on the screen very often was a good idea, this shit makes me dizzy 1621192313292.png 1621192321810.png

Reactions: dodongamagnifico
3.30 star(s) 4 Votes