Ren'Py Abandoned Retriever: Da Capo [v0.1.0] [dodongamagnifico]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Roninsoul7

Mar 24, 2020
Is it always going to have those Bakemonogatari-like sequences, or will it end up at some point having a regular style without all the epilepsy-inducing flashes that made me drop that series so long ago?

Reactions: dodongamagnifico

Cole_Talb

Jun 22, 2018
The Bakemonogatari stuff is cool but I think it only really works well if it is in short burst that are spread apart throughout a more traditional structure. As it stands the constant barrage only serves to confuse people and make it harder to resonate with the plot.

With that said I do like the game(/kinetic novel?) and am willing to stick with it, as it has actually been pretty interesting so far, just wish it was a bit easier for my potato-brain to decipher.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
You clearly never watched Bakemonogatari, those sequences are clearly inspired from it and i think they're brilliant
I haven't seen that... series, movie?

>> I'm planning to add sandbox-ish features to the game in the next update.
It's nice, I like sandbox games.

I think that I will see how it works in the next update. (y)

Lordhellsing

Mar 16, 2018
I thought this game would be fun but no it's a fucking headache it takes to long to do anything the stupid background pop up with the Asian letters makes everything take longer to go through then would ever be needed

• Sad

TedMaul

Mar 18, 2020
Disappointing game ... I recently bought a rescue Golden Retriever dog and was hoping for some training tips. Sadly didn't find anything useful here.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Retriever [v0.6.0] [dodongamagnifico] crunched

Original Size PC: 681 MB
Original Size Linux: 650 MB
Original Size Mac: 664 MB

Compressed Size Win: 214 MB
Retriever-0.6.0-win-crunched.zip:
-

Compressed Size Linux: 205 MB

Retriever-0.6.0-linux-crunched.tar.bz2:
-

Compressed Size Mac: 197 MB
Retriever-0.6.0-mac-crunched.zip:
-

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools: UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1b (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
So finally read 0.6.0 and I suspect the girl is more of his memories most likely in the sexual/athletic side of it especially from her actions.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Retriever [v0.7.0] [dodongamagnifico] crunched

Original / Compressed Size Win: 772 MB / 252 MB - Retriever-0.7.0-win-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 755 MB / 235 MB - Retriever-0.7.0-mac-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Linux: 732 MB / 242 MB - Retriever-0.7.0-linux-crunched.tar.bz2

Download (Win/Mac/Linux): - -

Tools:
UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1b (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Retriever [v0.8.0] [dodongamagnifico] crunched

Original / Compressed Size Win: 1,1 GB / 325 MB - Retriever-0.8.0-win-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Linux: 1,05 GB / 316 MB - Retriever-0.8.0-linux-crunched.tar.bz2
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 1,08 GB / 308 MB - Retriever-0.8.0-mac-crunched.zip

Download (Win/Linux/Mac): - -

Update Patch v0.8.0 to v0.8.1

Copy/extract the content of the attached archive (game.7z) into the "game" folder and overwrite if asked.

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

Tools: UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:
Reactions: YadenYu and WhyNot

Psymind

Jun 16, 2018
I'm so confused. If two people were the same guy once and now one of them is a female and they fuck. Is it considered gay or masturbation?

estoption25

Jul 31, 2017
To me, no sandbox mode is alright. In fact i prefer just a visual novel with choices. If no branching paths, at least one choice in the ending.

Apr 16, 2020
Okay so I couldn't get myself to finish this, the story is a bit hard to follow, I'm in love with the visuals- most of the characters are bland but look pretty great. I'm not a fan of any to be honest, most mean spirited for little to no reason. This VN looks like it's in need of more bugfixes since there's been instances of nametags being used on the wrong people (looking at you pink haired chick), missing image errors on the prior "judgement" scenes and some events that felt cut off. From what I've gathered on this thread apparently the dev cut off some dialogue and content and if that's the case then it's already a hefty red flag for me. Anyway I'm holding off for now, this definitely has promise, the premise is unique and I'm sure you'll be able to turn this into something amazing in the future. Best of luck.

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes