Mod Ren'Py Returning To Mia (Summer with Mia 2) [Ep. 10 v1.1.0] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

ドッヒ

Jun 26, 2020
If you're still looking for issues to fix I have a weird one:
Whenever I roll back/when the music track changes a static kind of sound plays. I thought at first that this happened because of my headphones with the left side having received all kinds of abuse after falling down multiple times (and me mainly hearing it on that side), but then that'd mean I would hear this sound when playing other games or watching stuff etc. but it has only happened with this version of RtM (Ep10 SteamFix). Just mentioning it since you were asking for bugs to fix in your main mod post in the RtM thread after episode 10 was released. Godspeed :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
If you're still looking for issues to fix I have a weird one:
Whenever I roll back/when the music track changes a static kind of sound plays. I thought at first that this happened because of my headphones with the left side having received all kinds of abuse after falling down multiple times (and me mainly hearing it on that side), but then that'd mean I would hear this sound when playing other games or watching stuff etc. but it has only happened with this version of RtM (Ep10 SteamFix). Just mentioning it since you were asking for bugs to fix in your main mod post in the RtM thread after episode 10 was released. Godspeed :)
Hmmm... I can't replicate that... it works fine trying a random 5 different music breaks via rollback. Try this on your end, in Preferences turn the "Voice Volume" all the way down, then attempt the rollback on a scene where you are finding that issue... it could be a very fast play/stop of the voice sound file(s).

Reactions: ドッヒ

ドッヒ

Jun 26, 2020
Hmmm... I can't replicate that... it works fine trying a random 5 different music breaks via rollback. Try this on your end, in Preferences turn the "Voice Volume" all the way down, then attempt the rollback on a scene where you are finding that issue... it could be a very fast play/stop of the voice sound file(s).
I actually already have it turned down all the way^^ Should've mentioned that, sry. Music is at 60-70% and everything else is 100%, text speed too.

fkrfxr

Nov 9, 2019
just for info my saves would not work I had to back up a few chapters till I got one that would even start the game. Now it gets an error every 5 to 10 scenes. not a biggie just hit the ignore. I am guessing because my saves were done with a mod installed. just for your info as you said the game had problems and I do not want people thinking it is your mod when released.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
just for info my saves would not work I had to back up a few chapters till I got one that would even start the game. Now it gets an error every 5 to 10 scenes. not a biggie just hit the ignore. I am guessing because my saves were done with a mod installed. just for your info as you said the game had problems and I do not want people thinking it is your mod when released.
Dod you use the save fixer then if you use his mod previously??

fkrfxr

Nov 9, 2019
ok so that shows i am a true dumaus . Yep used the save fixer and was able to load my last save from the end of ch9, thank you very much for pointing that out to me. yes it has been a true monday till the end. still want to wait to finish with the mod though.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Does the sancho mod work up until Day 10? as can i play a new game and use the mod until day 10?
First I think you mean episode 10... there are a total of 10 episodes that include 32 total days. Just FYI.

Otherwise, if you want to use the currently posted mod (Ep9) then it MUST be installed in the VN version (Ep9). Version numbers must ALWAYS be the exact same. If you are looking for a copy of Ep9 to play with look here which is the compressed version by SonsOLiberty. You can install the Ep9 SanchoMod inside of that Ep9 of the VN... make sense?

destav1234

Mar 1, 2020
First I think you mean episode 10... there are a total of 10 episodes that include 32 total days. Just FYI.

Otherwise, if you want to use the currently posted mod (Ep9) then it MUST be installed in the VN version (Ep9). Version numbers must ALWAYS be the exact same. If you are looking for a copy of Ep9 to play with look here which is the compressed version by SonsOLiberty. You can install the Ep9 SanchoMod inside of that Ep9 of the VN... make sense?

Thanks i'll do that now, until you have updated the mod :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So welp waiting for update
I assure you if this was just a non-Final update it would have been done since I would have simply updated the mod Core, updated the VN's UI, and updated the new content... but it being final (and the dev splitting the one script file into eighty (80) separate files) I've been reworking it from the very beginning to insure the most polished/bugfree product I can produce with what we have here. The VN was not ready for Final release imho so I'm having to fix things as I go as well.... this takes time, there's no way around the fact that if you're doing something correctly (read "right") then it takes time. This is true with anything one does in life imo.

Less work quality = less time investment
More work quality = higher time investment

I just can't work on this more than 16hrs/day after the 18+hrs/day I just got off of updating "Summer's Gone".... I have to get some naps and take time to eat at least one large meal... it's the least I should be afforded considering I do all this for free, I'm sure we'd agree.

Hang in there... I'm not slacking... I'm putting the very latest features I've created for any mod and polishing this dev's product to my best offering. If the VN was already in very good condition then it would be much easier but it is what it is.

That's my wall of text on what's going on behind the scenes. Thank you again for your patience. It's 0600 hours here in the morning and I'm on cup of coffee number two... I'm back to it. I'll give a summary of progress once I have another solid stopping point to condense my notes.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Please Note:

Some potentially important info here if you plan on loading a previous save to finish the VN (with or without the pending mod update).

I'm near a break point so I'll write a consolidated progress report post in a bit...

BillyLawrence

Dec 10, 2020
Please Note:

Some potentially important info here if you plan on loading a previous save to finish the VN (with or without the pending mod update).

I'm near a break point so I'll write a consolidated progress report post in a bit...
Take your time. There isn't an expiration timer on this. I'm actually getting to Summer's Gone latter today and I still have several finished works that I want to revisit. We all appreciate the work you do with these. There are so many that have worthwhile story lines, far too many paths to try to sort out without the help. Without these walkthroughs I would give up out of boredom on some of them. The pdf walk-throughs are irritating at best with the constant flipping back and forth between them and the VN. Your work is so valuable to all of us that a wait is never a problem.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Progress update (percentages below 100% are approximate, cut me some slack on that):

Edited (see edit time at bottom-right of post)

General categories/overview:
Updated to the latest Mod Core code: 100%
Updated SanchoCheats hooks: 100%
Updated SanchoGallery to latest code: 100%
Updated mod to conform to new VN UI: 100%
Pre-ported VN script (was one file) to 40 separate files: 100%

Coding of each individual script file (Episode/Day):
(Includes all coding including gallery, walkthrough, UI, splits, LustTime, MiniStat, etc)
Ep1 thru Ep7 (Days 1-15): 100% (all done including testing) (Edited)
Ep8 (Days 15-26): 99% (requires audio injection for gallery, MiniStat choreography, UI polish, and final testing)
Ep9 (Days 26-27): 95% (requires audio injection for gallery, MiniStat choreography, UI polish, and final testing)
Ep10 (Days 27-32): Undetermined (Outline for gameplan done, no hardcore coding implemented yet)
Overall: (dev's Fix #2 not fully integrated yet)

... the cake is still baking... I'm back to it.

(I should correct that the one large original script was separated into 40 individual scripts, not 80 as I mistakenly counted RPYCs the first time).

The original script file thru Ep9 was over 91,000 lines of code for just the story... it's over 100,000 lines thru Ep10... just a little stat for FYI. That's... a shitload of code for perspective.

Last edited:

doujin1

Nov 18, 2017
The mod always works with Joiplay. I've never had issues with the mod so it's never the mod that's the problem.
Did you still play with almost recent version such as ep.9 with mod?
i tried and the game freeze when click play or sometime crash. but after delete the mod it can play normally.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes