VN Ren'Py Completed Reunion [Ch. 4 Bugfix] [Mr Georgie]

4.90 star(s) 9 Votes

Mr Georgie

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
just me or are the characters a bit "inspired" by the female main cast from Archer?
perhaps it's my brain tweaked by binge watching the show when i found out there are now a dozen entire seasons
Actually you are right, I love the character design of that show and inspired me a lot. I hope you are enjoying the story.

Mr Georgie

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
in every VN ever made lol. Also the fact that this one is also a writer just like the male character on the most famous 2D VN (ORS) and the name of this game is the same name of another game with same Plot. MC returns to their hometown to face their past.
Sounds like a huge rip off.
Thanks for your comment, actually, I didn't know that there is another game with the same name. And I know the plot is not the most original, but I'm working hard to make a story enjoyable.

Mr Georgie

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
Cute game, but there is nothing erotic in this.
I know there's not a lot of hot scenes yet but this changes in the next chapter. Did you seen the dream with Mel, playing videogames with Annie or watch movies with Emily?

Mr Georgie

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
That was really nice!

There are some spelling errors, and I had a small bug: in the final dream sequence few final lines were attributed to Ivone even though Melissa appeared in my MC's dream.
I'm working on a improved version and this will be fixed, I hope you enjoy the next Chaper too.

Mr Georgie

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
Well the ending is a bit early. When they're nude their vulva should be visible (drawn) too.
I am torn between Annie and Melissa. Both of them tug on my heart strings. That is a sign of a good story. It does need quite a bit of proofreading done but good job otherwise to the dev. I chose to agree to hear out Ivonne but when she called to reschedule, had to turn her down, not bailing on my girl Melissa. In my playthrough, kissed both Melissa and Annie but agreed to be Annie's BF and told Melissa the truth on her late night call. That is just how I roll in real life, never been a cheater, have dated multiple girls at once but once a label is put on one of them, that ends any other paths(until that relationship ends).
I'm so happy to read your comment, and don´t worry you can go to hear Ivonne without bailing Melissa A good friend of mine is proofreading all the story so don´t worry, I'll launch the improved version soon, I hope you enjoy the next chapter too.

Mr Georgie

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
Excellent story so far... Never thught I would almost cry out of sadness because of a game found on this site. The game has it spelling mistakes, as expected from a non-native english speaker, but the story characters and art style make up for the spelling mistakes tenfold. Excited to see what comes next.
This means a lot to me, thank you so much for your comment. A good friend of mine is proofreading, so expect a improved version soon. I hope you enjoy the next chapter as well.

Mr Georgie

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
One of those hidden gems around, good and well thought out game.
Gonna follow its development, though kinda sad to read it will have only two more chapters.
Yet as long as the story is meaningful and comes to its (natural) end, it is better that way than prolonging development endlessly for the sake of cash-grab (for those who can do it/are doing it).
Thank you for your comment, I'm working hard to make the next chapters touching and meanningful.

Reactions: Abhai

Mr Georgie

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
This is an overlooked and underrated game, with a narrative integrity that is unusual on this site. The dev has created several very distinctive LIs, who all have compelling stories and a claim on the MCs affections. Best of all, it's clear that the MC will be forced to choose... in an unusual and welcome bow to realism. He _can_ pursue parallel relationships, but the dev has clearly breadcrumbed that pretty serious consequences might follow... some of the LIs (and the MC) are vulnerable and might be badly hurt; he could lose out on his chance of happiness.

_Reunion_ is highly romantic, and I suspect it will reward players who stick with a single LI treat the others with friendship and integrity. That calls for multiple play-throughs... but since it appears to be a relatively short game, I doubt that will be tedious.
I'm so happy to read your comment, I hope your expectations will be fulfilled in the next chapters.

Mr Georgie

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
The poor dev also has the lowest Patreon total in the history of the known universe, after producing two high quality acts in a four act game. Jeez. I just became a supporter... but he deserves many more.
We'll get there, don't worry, thank you so much for your support and I hope you are happy beign my Patreon.

Mr Georgie

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
not sure if that matters, yet perhaps a part of the problem could be the title "reunion" - there are (at least) two older games with the same title (and not very good ones, imho), based on quick search results here.
if you say to people "hey, here is one great new game worth checking off...its called "reunion", many of them would say "fuck, not the same shit again...to hell with those "reunions"!".
though as the game is already well in development, changing title now probably wouldnt be that wise, so hopefully more players will find, and support, this game, as it deserves for sure.
When I planned the title, didn´t notice that there were another games with that name (I should have researched), and you are right, change the title now is pointless, but I hope more people try my game noticing is a different game. Thans for your comment.

Mr Georgie

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
Noticed that their patreon mentions reworking the english version, so I'll just leave this as a comment instead of a review. The translation is a bit off, but that doesn't seem to be the core reason that the dialogue feels off. There's so much exposition crammed into the dialogue that the conversations don't make sense for the relationships between the characters.

Interesting potential, average execution.

It's always strange when people lean away from their strengths. This game has an interesting and attention grabbing art style, but actively avoids using it and leans on the text instead, which is itself a mildly interesting story poorly written. The story itself could've been a bit better if it leaned into standard tropes a little less if the goal was to be meaningful and realistic.

If you're going to lean this heavily on writing, please put a bit more time into editing. There is soooo much exposition, which isn't itself bad but it just exists in soooo many places. Like internal monologue describing what is currently occurring, as opposed to just showing it. The part that really gets me, that really affects pacing, is the exposition slammed into the dialogue. It gets worse by interrupting the dialogue with an internal monologue that contains more exposition. Is exposition inception a trope?

P.S. - If the dev's on here, and you're gonna keep the name, consider a subtitle or something to distinguish this game. The other two games with the same name have 200+ and 500+ patrons, one just received an update and the other has been completed for 4 years. So this could easily remain overshadowed by those projects.
Thank you for your comment, I'm the dev.
Actually I agree with everything you say, I need to improve my writing skills a lot (not to mention my english skills), I´m working with a friend (native english speaker) to improve the english version. As for the subtitle, is actually a great idea, I'll think on a good one.
I know I need to improve a lot, this is my first try doing something like this. But if you say this project have potential, maybe I'm on the right track. Thank you so much for your comment.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Thank you for your comment, I'm the dev.
Actually I agree with everything you say, I need to improve my writing skills a lot (not to mention my english skills), I´m working with a friend (native english speaker) to improve the english version. As for the subtitle, is actually a great idea, I'll think on a good one.
I know I need to improve a lot, this is my first try doing something like this. But if you say this project have potential, maybe I'm on the right track. Thank you so much for your comment.
glad to see you here(y)

if you wanna you can request dev-badge (green shiny little thing, as many devs here have, usually) - that way you will be immediately recognized as the dev in this thread.
(to do so open a ticket, and staff should resolve it soon enough)

also, just a hint: no need to respond to various posts in multiple posts yourself - do use "multiquote" option and do so in few posts of yours only....that way spamming (multiple posting of the same user in short time should be prevented).

and back on game-topic, as i have said, your game certainly does have a lot of potential - it has warm story and well developed characters (not bothered much with english, not native speaker, and most players around arent as well...nevertheless if you have help in that department (native proofreader), even better - improving whenever and wherever possible is the only right way if you wanna to be successful in your job).

looking forward to continuation of this great little gem!
good luck with future developing(y)

Reactions: Snowsexxx32

Mr Georgie

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
glad to see you here(y)

if you wanna you can request dev-badge (green shiny little thing, as many devs here have, usually) - that way you will be immediately recognized as the dev in this thread.
(to do so open a ticket, and staff should resolve it soon enough)

also, just a hint: no need to respond to various posts in multiple posts yourself - do use "multiquote" option and do so in few posts of yours only....that way spamming (multiple posting of the same user in short time should be prevented).

and back on game-topic, as i have said, your game certainly does have a lot of potential - it has warm story and well developed characters (not bothered much with english, not native speaker, and most players around arent as well...nevertheless if you have help in that department (native proofreader), even better - improving whenever and wherever possible is the only right way if you wanna to be successful in your job).

looking forward to continuation of this great little gem!
good luck with future developing(y)
Thanks for the heads up, I'm fairly new on this forum and don't know many things yet. I'm so excited to see many good comments (like this one) And I´m so motivated to do my best, thanks!

Reactions: Abhai

Mr Georgie

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
Good day everyone, a new devlog is aviable on my Patreon page, just a few days after the launch of Chapter 3, feel free to check it and leave a comment:

4.90 star(s) 9 Votes