Oct 18, 2017
ok, so there's a cheat-allowing version (behind a paywall, wierd) and a non-creator cheat-version, What the heck's the actual problem then? the fact that you HAVE to pay 50 bucks to get the cheat version? while i agree it's a very wierd thing to do, and I def won't pay even 1 buck to be allowed to cheat on a single player game, there are alternatives

Reactions: Y4SH1R0

Skylark21

Apr 9, 2018
Idk but Elin - Juliet relationship is all glitched up, the first conversation between where you set them up keeps repeating and the game doesn't recognize that they are in relationship, I mean there is not a single conversation which implies that, even when the trio is leaving the charlese village.
Also I think relationships(Dating) in general needs a bit to be worked on cause atleast for now the game doesn't any recognize any relationship between MC and other npc barring the initial dating scene.

ddf

Jun 27, 2017
It's not encrypted, it's just encoded in hex. I've already dumped out the game code, but it's so ridiculously convoluted with calculations that I can only edit gold.

I really don't understand how the game creator is going to maintain this project going forwards, as basically each chapter is going to need to have it's own anti-cheat, or else the variables become unmanageable.

Also, there are zero arrays in the entire code, so basically everything is hard coded.

My current issue is that SugarCube runs it's own weird interpreter on top of JavaScript, which makes it impossible to use the breakpoints in browser. I would need a better debugging tool at this point, and I'll keep digging to figure out how the flags are set.

I'm sure that updates are going to be a nightmare.
Yes, I used the wrong term.

Well, technically it is enough to check whether it is a correct chapter set for the current state and whether other variables are in accordance to the chapter and scene.

I didn't checked the details of Twine/SugarCube so I can't say whether it is hard to just encode the whole code and put into html.

ok, so there's a cheat-allowing version (behind a paywall, wierd) and a non-creator cheat-version, What the heck's the actual problem then? the fact that you HAVE to pay 50 bucks to get the cheat version? while i agree it's a very wierd thing to do, and I def won't pay even 1 buck to be allowed to cheat on a single player game, there are alternatives
Some people learned to use console in Twine/SugarCube games and are angry they can't cheat in that particular game.

The question is why they keep playing this game having a lot of other games cheat-friendly and AT THE SAME TIME posting angry comments. They are definitely failing their persuasion skill check if they try to convince DEV to remove the anti-cheat.

I might have an answer for that behavior, but someone might consider it impolite.

ddf

Jun 27, 2017
why not just ask for anti-anti-cheats from unofficial patchers then?
Anti-cheat code is tracking a lot of parameters and a bit sophisticated.
The patcher would have to spend some time and effort to deal with anti-cheat and all their efforts might be nullified on the next release with a minimal costs.

Oct 18, 2017
fair point, question for Violet Kitten, would ANY amount of complaining move you to remove your anti-cheat for free?
or someone giving you a lumpsum, say 5k, make you agree to make cheat-free?
or ANYTHING?

lastly, would you be kind as to post in the intro post (where we can get the game) the questions I just asked AND your answer? that way, we'll at least lower the people being so rude that I wanna scream

SlavMaster

Sep 14, 2020
I like the dev but not liking this game, tried it, got bored after 100 clicks. It might have appeal for some people but i just find it to be boring.
Hope there is no hard filings for this post, and game may be better in future but for now it is just text,colors and kind of confusing story.
( i did kind of glass over half of text that might be a problem :) So much pretty colors got me happy but uninterested )

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
No hard filings. I glass over text too, especially if it's really important and needs to be preserved for posterity. I read that the Magna Carta is under glass in a museum somewhere.

Violet Kitten

Writer of Romantic Love Stories.
Game Developer
Aug 9, 2017
Well I have suggestions. These would be applicable only to sex scenes, story scenes obviously don't need the same kind of "guiding".
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I am considering maybe having some kind of guide npc. My current thoughts are maybe having Peter be intractable in the hub area of day 1 and tell the player a bit about the personalities of the npcs she can meet. I can also have the inn owner in Cherlese do the same, though he might be kind of out of the way. These are just ideas and I'm still not entirely sure what to do. I don't want the players feeling lost and frustrated. :confused:

Idk but Elin - Juliet relationship is all glitched up, the first conversation between where you set them up keeps repeating and the game doesn't recognize that they are in relationship, I mean there is not a single conversation which implies that, even when the trio is leaving the charlese village.
Also I think relationships(Dating) in general needs a bit to be worked on cause atleast for now the game doesn't any recognize any relationship between MC and other npc barring the initial dating scene.
It's kind of tough to set up a system that keeps track and conveys the correct info to the player. The current way I have it set up is to take the last person the player has slept with, or committed to being with, as the boyfriend/girlfriend and there is separate tracking for both places you visit, Cherlese and the Lightbringer camp. I admit that it is far from perfect but I don't know of a better way to convey the info to the player. I'm always open to ideas. :)

I like the dev but not liking this game, tried it, got bored after 100 clicks. It might have appeal for some people but i just find it to be boring.
Hope there is no hard filings for this post, and game may be better in future but for now it is just text,colors and kind of confusing story.
( i did kind of glass over half of text that might be a problem :) So much pretty colors got me happy but uninterested )
No hard filings. I glass over text too, especially if it's really important and needs to be preserved for posterity. I read that the Magna Carta is under glass in a museum somewhere.
I understand if you both don't like it. This game isn't meant to be like many others. It is meant to be a slow building immersive world where the player choices are king. The player molds their own experience using a combination of choices and using stats to build their character into who they want to be, with all the flaws that comes with being a real person. No one is good at everything and I like the idea of the player building the character that truly fits who they want them to be, while feeling excited to create a new character for their next run.

Overall I admit that it isn't very new player friendly and needs more ways of educating the player on how to find the scenes they want. This is why feedback is important because as the writer of this content, it all makes sense to me but that isn't the case for everything else. I try to explain the scenes in great detail but I don't always explain the world to the players who haven't met the correct npc. The constructive feedback has been so helpful and I will use it to try and improve the game. I'm not all knowing and forget to add some basic things but I try to improve as much as I can. I really love this game and want others to love it too. :giggle:

fair point, question for Violet Kitten, would ANY amount of complaining move you to remove your anti-cheat for free?
or someone giving you a lumpsum, say 5k, make you agree to make cheat-free?
or ANYTHING?

lastly, would you be kind as to post in the intro post (where we can get the game) the questions I just asked AND your answer? that way, we'll at least lower the people being so rude that I wanna scream
It has been a hot button issue for a while. There were times where I considered getting rid of it because it was getting too confusing to keep track of everything it effects but then I got another hateful comment or personal attack so I just pushed back. Overall, the hate that is being spewed at me is the opposite of convincing me to remove it. I hate bullies and toxic people so if they push me to say yes then I will always say no, even if I'm unsure about it.

The game originally had a very simple anti cheat and people kept cracking it and posting the cracked version which I find extremely disrespectful so I started making the anti cheat far more complex in hopes of deter them from wanting to do that anymore. My hope is that anyone who tries, just thinks to themselves, "This isn't worth the effort. I have better things to do." and moves onto other things. I really hope they do that. It would be really appreciated. I don't want to add any more layers or rework this. I really don't like dealing with this anti cheat and all the toxic people using it as an excuse to to get attention and trick themselves into thinking that they are taking some noble stance.

One person even pretended to be my patron to say that my anti cheat is screwing over patrons. I know it is false because the patron versions don't even have the anti cheat for the cheat version it is and also I haven't lost any patrons in that tier yet. (I have only had 3 people in that tier so it is easy to keep track) The only way they can be telling the truth is if they either were playing the wrong version or got a bugged version while they chose to remain my patron despite the anger they displayed. I highly doubt the last one.

My Position on all of this:

To be honest, if people continued being polite about it, which some people were at first, and I felt my patrons wouldn't feel betrayed, then I would have probably removed it (at least as a trail to see if it hurt or helped me) because I really wanted people to love my game and I only wanted positive things for it, but now with so many toxic people attacking/slandering me, I feel that taking it down now will only feed their egos and encourage them to continue acting this way whenever they don't get what they want. I don't like rewarding evil and I'm willing to take the lumps to stand against it.

I don't like fighting at all and I hate all the toxicity, it makes me want to go to a safer forum like TFG instead. I'm just someone who loves writing and wanted to create a game that people could love but there seems to be so many people who like to join the mob and attack me because people love to join the crowd to destroy things they don't like, instead of taking some time to understand where the person is coming from and what hardships they might have in their lives. It is so easy to point and someone and say, "That's the bad guy" (Scarface quote, I know) instead of taking the time to think of ways to resolve the issue civilly.

Maybe the person who created the content/feature you don't like, doesn't know how bad it is for you, maybe trying to be nice and explain it, is better then trying to destroy someone who might not understand you. Maybe that person doesn't realize why their actions have upset you. So many people always assume the worst because it is more exciting that way, who cares about the person who is being attacked? They must deserve it if so many people are doing it right? Why should we care about human life and take a few moments of our time to try to understand them? It is so much more interesting/easy to just join the crown and burn them to the ground.

As you can probably tell, I'm really done with discussing this topic anymore and don't really feel like people will change in a way that I can remove it without feeding the toxic people and ensuring that they continue acting this way. People always do what get results so I can't feed this. I really wish that people can just give the game a chance and tell me, in a constructive way, the things they want improved/fixed. I have always accepted feedback as long as it is constructive and void of attacks. I want to make this game great but I can't do that if I don't know what is wrong.

For all the people saying this game is buggy, well of course it is if you don't tell me what is wrong. I can't fix things that I don't know exist. When people report bugs, then I fix them quickly. When no one says anything then the bugs remain. If the people who call this game buggy, reported the bugs then it wouldn't be buggy anymore. It seems that many people would rather complain about things being broken then actually help to fix it. I'm not trying to attack anyone but I feel frustrated when people say it is buggy but don't tell me why. I WANT TO FIX ALL BUGS! PLEASE HELP ME!

I should probably stop there. I have been feeling very unsafe and for a while so I haven't been able to get myself into a mindset where I can write anything. I just want to find ways to pull myself away from all the toxicity and relax for a while. I might just stop checking these forums for a while. I need some time to focus on the good people, like the ones who put their faith in me and didn't turn on me to join the crowd. The kind hearted people who seem to care about me and my stories. Those are really the people that I should really write for. I just need to clear my mind first, which most likely means a timeout from this forum. Maybe I will ask a friend to relay bug reports to me so I can still improve the game while I'm away.

I'd like to wish all the good people out there, a happy holiday and an amazing new year. I hope happiness finds you. :giggle:

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
I understand if you both don't like it.

I'd like to wish all the good people out there, a happy holiday and an amazing new year. I hope happiness finds you. :giggle:
I like it just fine, personally. I was making fun of the other poster using the word "filings" instead of "feelings" and the phrase "glass over" instead of "gloss over". I realize that a majority of folks here are not native English speakers, but my first major in college was English and I can't help sarcastically correcting people when they abuse my language because I am a terrible, opinionated human being.
I hope happiness finds you in the new year as well, you seem awesome and your game is quite good.

Reactions: Violet Kitten

Skylark21

Apr 9, 2018
It's kind of tough to set up a system that keeps track and conveys the correct info to the player. The current way I have it set up is to take the last person the player has slept with, or committed to being with, as the boyfriend/girlfriend and there is separate tracking for both places you visit, Cherlese and the Lightbringer camp. I admit that it is far from perfect but I don't know of a better way to convey the info to the player. I'm always open to ideas. :)
I understand and honestly I don't have any idea how these things work so can't really help in that matter, maybe someone here with better ideas may help out, that being said Elin- Juliet relationship definitely needs a fix. Also relationship between MC and Juliet is not possible with current point system unless there's way to do it without melee points.

Aerial_ace

Aug 25, 2016
I enjoyed my self is pretty much all i can say, just hope you don't waste to much time worrying about anti-cheat stuff and instead just focus on the important stuff in the end. Ultimately if you are making an HTML game people are going to get around it, only took about an hour with a rudimentary knowledge of how sugarcube operates to find where most of it was living and remove it.

Reactions: Violet Kitten

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
>Anti cheat bad

Stop being so toxic, I cant write anymore, I feel unsafe.

:KEK:

In all seriousness, when has DRM ever made a players experience better? If all you wanted is for "people to love my game and I only wanted positive things for it" why would you make it harder, and go way out of your way to make it harder, for some people to enjoy the game? Not to mention half of the bug reports are related to your anti-cheat, so if the anti-cheat wasn't there then half the bugs wouldn't exist. All the time spent working on the anti-cheat could be spent on doing the thing you love as well, writing. So why does it still exist? Just to spite the people who are against it and originally cracked it? If you ask me thats plenty toxic. As a reward for patreons? Well you have wayyyy more perks per tier then any other successful dev I've seen. Why is something that literally slows down the development, creates bugs, and keeps people from playing so important? Because some people are "toxic?" Like you are literally letting the people you call "toxic" make your game worse.

May 21, 2017
>Anti cheat bad

Stop being so toxic, I cant write anymore, I feel unsafe.

:KEK:

In all seriousness, when has DRM ever made a players experience better? If all you wanted is for "people to love my game and I only wanted positive things for it" why would you make it harder, and go way out of your way to make it harder, for some people to enjoy the game? Not to mention half of the bug reports are related to your anti-cheat, so if the anti-cheat wasn't there then half the bugs wouldn't exist. All the time spent working on the anti-cheat could be spent on doing the thing you love as well, writing. So why does it still exist? Just to spite the people who are against it and originally cracked it? If you ask me thats plenty toxic. As a reward for patreons? Well you have wayyyy more perks per tier then any other successful dev I've seen. Why is something that literally slows down the development, creates bugs, and keeps people from playing so important? Because some people are "toxic?" Like you are literally letting the people you call "toxic" make your game worse.
I can actually agree with this. I agree about wanting good reviews on a game by attending to all issues reported. But to complain about people being toxic and reply in the exact same manner makes you as a developer worse than the users who report such things. You can just develop the game as is without the anti-cheat and release it. People who want to cheat will cheat and people who don't want to cheat will play the game as is. No arguments.

But if you go around strengthening the Anti-cheat just because someone found a way around it means you are being just as toxic as the people who are rude to you.

RestIn

Aug 15, 2017
I was fairly enjoying game, until event with mercenaries and villagers. At the moment I had 2 skill points in melee and 1 in compassion... and guess what? I failed all important skill checks. I mean I had only 3 skill points, I have no opportunities to make enough money to buy items to buff my character (it could be on me, but I doubt it). I believe at this point of the game even 2 points in some of the skills suppose to make difference other than " I can kick inn wench ass".

And speaking of which... on the first day you have skill check to spar with recruits. Ok you can beat weakest of them with 2 points in melee, fair enough. On the next day, you can have "fight" with Inn waitress in the village... and you can beat her If you have 2 skill points in melee. So fighting simulation with grown man basically as hard as shoving some wench in village inn. And then negotiaon with villagers happens and then confronatation with mercenaries as well. And my character fails in both miserably. I played this event differently couple of times and only one time I was succesfull when I stayed in the inn and robbed myself from majority of village content.

Imo there's no much logic behind skillchecks and prerequisits for some of them too high (or number of skillpoints too low). Ok I get it, I suppose to choose, there are suppose to be consequences of my choice... but I was able make a difference only if a) I would put all my skillpoints in one skill (melee or compassion) b) rob myself from some chunk of content... So right now its not looking well.

Reactions: Aelgwenn
Oct 18, 2017
Now THAT is a argument I agree with, the game being a bit too hard/limiting with the skill points, but the Anti-cheat would need to be rewritten if the starting skillpoints was increased right?

SlavMaster

Sep 14, 2020
I like it just fine, personally. I was making fun of the other poster using the word "filings" instead of "feelings" and the phrase "glass over" instead of "gloss over". I realize that a majority of folks here are not native English speakers, but my first major in college was English and I can't help sarcastically correcting people when they abuse my language because I am a terrible, opinionated human being.
I hope happiness finds you in the new year as well, you seem awesome and your game is quite good.
Nah you are just a dick, since there is nothing more in your life you can do you chose to be the dick and check English of random people. Well if that makes you feel better embrace your self and be best dick you can be :D
Regards :)

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
Nah you are just a dick, since there is nothing more in your life you can do you chose to be the dick and check English of random people. Well if that makes you feel better embrace your self and be best dick you can be :D
Regards :)
I like you a lot, too. No hard filings.

Reactions: SlavMaster

zehirman

May 25, 2017
play the game, your stats get reset...ok...put your skills points again...get transform in a fish because you are a cheater...wait what ???

• Thinking Face
Reactions: GreatBuddy
2.70 star(s) 30 Votes