3.00 star(s) 58 Votes

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Weird playing a game with a storyline like this and being a lawyer who's handled estate issues irl. The surviving spouse, in many jurisdictions, can elect to take a share of the estate in lieu of the will(regardless of what the will says). So Stepmom can get 1/3 of the estate without poisoning or murdering anybody, and in fact unless she's shown to have engaged in tortious or criminal activity she can get that by just filing an election after the husband's death. If Dad dies without a will, then Stepmom and son pretty much split the estate. So she's likely getting either a third or half the money without any need to screw the son out of the inheritance.
But I assume that the setup is for the will to get changed one way or the other, for the son to be under threat until he gets the upper hand and then he decides to "exploit" the desperation of his step-family to turn them into his de facto sex slaves or somesuch. You know, just like his parents would have wanted him to.
Even without any knowledge about laws - a lot of games just run with it. Before I write a story, I would check if it is at least plausible in some country. That is the hard part as a player. Maybe the Russian law is like that ... from the outside there is no real law in that country. As long as you are friend with the Führer Putin you can do everything you want ^^ (used that as an example because a lot of games have russian devs - dont know where this dev comes from).

Some games set up a somewhat different world to overcome that problem (e.g. Karlssons's Gambit), but when they dont do that and just assume everything is possible, then that is an immersion break of high magnitude for me.

Especially these revenge stories (and there are a lot of them for some weird reason) tend to be more unrealistic. Probably because there is no real way to solve that problem - it is inherent to the premise.

This game has the problem that none of the "characters" is likeable. With more choices and a way to steer the MC, at least that could be fixed. But no, you have to play this unlikable brat that for now reason is liked by everyone around him (mostly because he is muscular and handsome). But his character is as shitty as it gets. He just seems to be decent because of the cartoonish step-family. But from the start he just wants revenge.

The problem I have is this: Yes, they were (and are) mean and exploitative. But maybe they have changed - like him? But right at the start he says "I want to care for my dad and then I will fuck them up like they deserve it." At that point he knows nothing about the situation at "home". Maybe they care for his dad? But that show the problem with the writing here. All sides havent changed - the MC just got buffed. He has no other means to "solve" a problem than with cursing and physical harm.
He threatens them "fuck you bitches - bla bla - or I end you!" ... yeah. Likable as fuck.

Without being stupidly evil I would root for the step-mom. Yes she planned to get the money ... oh. btw. It is way easier to get the money and have a nice life when you dont torture the only child of your moneybag. But back to the topic. She had a plan, but she was married to her husband for 12 years and now she only gets 1 house and 500k for that? And the son (that left his father behind and did his own thing) gets the rest?

She has every right to be pissed!

Jan 7, 2019
Even without any knowledge about laws - a lot of games just run with it. Before I write a story, I would check if it is at least plausible in some country. That is the hard part as a player. Maybe the Russian law is like that ... from the outside there is no real law in that country. As long as you are friend with the Führer Putin you can do everything you want ^^ (used that as an example because a lot of games have russian devs - dont know where this dev comes from).

Some games set up a somewhat different world to overcome that problem (e.g. Karlssons's Gambit), but when they dont do that and just assume everything is possible, then that is an immersion break of high magnitude for me.

Especially these revenge stories (and there are a lot of them for some weird reason) tend to be more unrealistic. Probably because there is no real way to solve that problem - it is inherent to the premise.

This game has the problem that none of the "characters" is likeable. With more choices and a way to steer the MC, at least that could be fixed. But no, you have to play this unlikable brat that for now reason is liked by everyone around him (mostly because he is muscular and handsome). But his character is as shitty as it gets. He just seems to be decent because of the cartoonish step-family. But from the start he just wants revenge.

The problem I have is this: Yes, they were (and are) mean and exploitative. But maybe they have changed - like him? But right at the start he says "I want to care for my dad and then I will fuck them up like they deserve it." At that point he knows nothing about the situation at "home". Maybe they care for his dad? But that show the problem with the writing here. All sides havent changed - the MC just got buffed. He has no other means to "solve" a problem than with cursing and physical harm.
He threatens them "fuck you bitches - bla bla - or I end you!" ... yeah. Likable as fuck.

Without being stupidly evil I would root for the step-mom. Yes she planned to get the money ... oh. btw. It is way easier to get the money and have a nice life when you dont torture the only child of your moneybag. But back to the topic. She had a plan, but she was married to her husband for 12 years and now she only gets 1 house and 500k for that? And the son (that left his father behind and did his own thing) gets the rest?

Step mom kills his real mother, step mother and sisters bully him as a kid, he leaves step mother goes on to poison his father tell he gets his cancer first meeting with her she trys to slap you then goes on to plot your death. so you tell me how shes not evil because all of that in real life would put you in jail.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017

you're seriously defending the stepmother....seriously?

BUCCO

Feb 20, 2020

Are you sure you're writing to the right game? This is not a game of thrones hahaha

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Step mom kills his real mother, step mother and sisters bully him as a kid, he leaves step mother goes on to poison his father tell he gets his cancer first meeting with her she trys to slap you then goes on to plot your death. so you tell me how shes not evil because all of that in real life would put you in jail.
No, I said:
Without being stupidly evil I would root for the step-mom.
Most of her actions are stupid. And the MC only knows that she and her daughters bullied him. That is all he knows of.
And as I said, the story is stupid. The wife of a multimillionaire dies in a car crash and the step-mom is even in the attacking car and no one solves that?

The rest is a spoiler. ^^
I have just seen the 2nd ghost sequence of the mom and thats when I get bored, because I am not into that supernatural stuff.
I skipped most of that text - just because I dont care about that. Maybe there is a reason why she waited 12 years to reveal her murderer - but as I said. Stupid ;)

And yes, he gets more reasons to work against his step-family, but he is on fire on the plane. At that point he knows nothing. Just that they bullied him in the past.

you're seriously defending the stepmother....seriously?
No I dont, I just said I can understand why she is furious. Because from her perspective she is mistreated. She deserve at least 1/3 to 1/2 of everything in most jurisdictions. Thats the problem witj bad character writing (even with major brands) where the antagonist is just describable as "He/she is evil - because").

With good writing you could see her motives and maybe even see her cause to some degree. Great characters and stories are made out fo grey and not just black and white ;)

Are you sure you're writing to the right game? This is not a game of thrones hahaha
And? You can criticize every story. Maybe it is not the intention of the dev to have a somewhat believable story and character progression of any kind - but nonetheless I can point that out.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrFatCat

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
No, I said:

Most of her actions are stupid. And the MC only knows that she and her daughters bullied him. That is all he knows of.
And as I said, the story is stupid. The wife of a multimillionaire dies in a car crash and the step-mom is even in the attacking car and no one solves that?

I have just seen the 2nd ghost sequence of the mom and thats when I get bored, because I am not into that supernatural stuff.
I skipped most of that text - just because I dont care about that. Maybe there is a reason why she waited 12 years to reveal her murderer - but as I said. Stupid ;)

And yes, he gets more reasons to work against his step-family, but he is on fire on the plane. At that point he knows nothing. Just that they bullied him in the past.
and before you said...
She had a plan, but she was married to her husband for 12 years and now she only gets 1 house and 500k for that? And the son (that left his father behind and did his own thing) gets the rest?

she has every right to be pissed....I worked so hard to kill that bitch and make this cunts life misserable and all I get is a house and 500k?like OMG...I'm like..OMG PISSED OFF..

Seriously??????
Like you are seriously defending that shit?
The son that left and did his own thing for you..is the same as killing someone and making someone elses life a living hell...it's the same ...seriously?
Wow...

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
and before you said...

she has every right to be pissed....I worked so hard to kill that bitch and make this cunts life misserable and all I get is a house and 500k?like OMG...I'm like..OMG PISSED OFF..

Seriously??????
Like you are seriously defending that shit?
The son that left and did his own thing for you..is the same as killing someone and making someone elses life a living hell...it's the same ...seriously?
Wow...
I never said that it is the same.

But why does the father did that? (as I said, havent played everything, so maybe that was already pointed out)

From his perspective I assume that she was always nice to him and his son and her never found a common ground. To the point I am in the game there is no mentioning of anything how the father dealt with the events in the past. So I guess he knows nothing? That the son never said anything or he did not believe his son? I dont know.

By law - as I and others said (she is not convicted for murder) - 1/3 - 1/2 of everything belongs to her.

As a 3rd party (like her niece) I would root for her.

Just imagine that you are a neighbor of them.

All you know is, that she is married to her husband for 12 years. Now the son returns, because his dad is terminally ill. Then you hear that he gets everything (~22 mil.) and the wife only gets 1 beach house and 500k.

What would be your reaction? ... be honest.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
I never said that it is the same.

But why does the father did that? (as I said, havent played everything, so maybe that was already pointed out)

From his perspective I assume that she was always nice to him and his son and her never found a common ground. To the point I am in the game there is no mentioning of anything how the father dealt with the events in the past. So I guess he knows nothing? That the son never said anything or he did not believe his son? I dont know.

By law - as I and others said (she is not convicted for murder) - 1/3 - 1/2 of everything belongs to her.

As a 3rd party (like her niece) I would root for her.

All you know is, that she is married to her husband for 12 years. Now the son returns, because is dead is terminally ill. Then you hear that he gets everything (~22 mil.) and the wife only gets 1 beach house and 500k.

right....
I'm out...have fun defending a killer hoe....

BUCCO

Feb 20, 2020
No, I said:

No I dont, I just said I can understand why she is furious. Because from her perspective she is mistreated. She deserve at least 1/3 to 1/2 of everything in most jurisdictions. Thats the problem witj bad character writing (even with major brands) where the antagonist is just describable as "He/she is evil - because").

With good writing you could see her motives and maybe even see her cause to some degree. Great characters and stories are made out fo grey and not just black and white ;)

And? You can criticize every story. Maybe it is not the intention of the dev to have a somewhat believable story and character progression of any kind - but nonetheless I can point that out.
I think the story has logic, and the developer has created a perfect negative character and I like mc, and dreams - this is called artistic creation, but continue to point out what you do not like, you have the right to do it ;-)

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
right....
I'm out...have fun defending a killer hoe....
Ok - so you haven't read my post. bye :)

All you know is, that she is married to her husband for 12 years. Now the son returns, because is dead is terminally ill. Then you hear that he gets everything (~22 mil.) and the wife only gets 1 beach house and 500k.

• Angry
Reactions: MrFatCat and BTLD

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
short but overall nice update. just wish we could kick step-mommy's and -sisters asses already.

• Haha
Reactions: BUCCO

Weasel_Face

Sep 16, 2020
Why does everybody assume that she is getting everything? I'm pretty sure there is a will and Dad seems to love his son so why would his son get nothing? Dad doesn't seem stupid either, maybe at first but not lately and wills can be changed. Evil step-mom is only assuming she is getting everything because of her narcissistic personality. It wouldn't surprise me if MC gets everything but the house & step-mom mortgages it to put a hit on MC assuming she will get the money back...

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Why does everybody assume that she is getting everything? I'm pretty sure there is a will and Dad seems to love his son so why would his son get nothing? Dad doesn't seem stupid either, maybe at first but not lately and wills can be changed. Evil step-mom is only assuming she is getting everything because of her narcissistic personality. It wouldn't surprise me if MC gets everything but the house & step-mom mortgages it to put a hit on MC assuming she will get the money back...
cuz will might say that wife gets all. daddy and son weren't closeish before this.

RustyCooter

Apr 5, 2020
What I don't get is the dad knows she is a shitty gold digging person. Treating his son like crap. But she's still a big part of the will? Dad is a dumbass.... Unless he had the will changed without anyone knowing and when he actually dies. The bitch will be shocked to get nothing. That would be funny.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
What I don't get is the dad knows she is a shitty gold digging person. Treating his son like crap. But she's still a big part of the will? Dad is a dumbass.... Unless he had the will changed without anyone knowing and when he actually dies. The bitch will be shocked to get nothing. That would be funny.
let's wait how story unfolds. maybe step-mommy gets something after hubby dies or gets caught or anything else.

Cornfield

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
I downloaded the V0.5 extra and it appears to have no new content.
V.05 ended with Dad found laying on the floor.
Is that the correct end of the current version ?

3.00 star(s) 58 Votes