VN Unity Abandoned REVOLT [v0.1.2] [Neo X City]

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Hello and great game forward.
As another game ... with somewhat close theme surfaced from known game makers...
Please do not put the kind of grind till you drop and never achieve anything that game has...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nov 27, 2017
I just want to say that there's no point saying that the update will be soon, when it looks like you're more than one month away from release, especially when we've not even been given any approximate date of release for about 3 months now.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I just want to say that there's no point saying that the update will be soon, when it looks like you're more than one month away from release, especially when we've not even been given any approximate date of release for about 3 months now.
Maybe they update it to help keep it from going into OnHold / Abandoned status on this forum? It would be nice to have a preview image or two at least, if not some idea about what the update will include, what's making it take longer, etc. Still, at least this dev gave an update; plenty are silent as the grave, even if more content were on its way. :confused:

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The timeline on their . c o m site ends at AUGUST 2018.
latest post on pa tr e on says:
"
you may be wondering when the release is. While we'd love to give you a hard date, there's still quite a bit to do, so we just don't know yet. But what we can say is, expect it reasonably soon. We know it's vague, but it's all we've got.
Thanks for supporting us, and we can't wait to show all of you what we've cooked up, soon.

"
Take that with a loaf of freshly glistening chocolate chip bread and have a wonderful day!

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
We're almost done guys. And trust me, I know from experience how much it sucks when a dev keeps saying stuff like "just a little longer", but we've hit a few roadblocks along the way which has unfortunately delayed things by quite a lot. And as CookieMonster666 said, the posts are a way of reassuring people that the game isn't abandoned or dead. But we'll post more information on that soon.

On the bright side, although we've had to delay the initial release for purely technical reasons (the script and art has been done for a while), work is already underway on 0.2, so rest assured, delays like this won't happen again. And trust me, if you end up liking 0.1 at all, then expect 0.2 to be even better. From mechanic implementation and gameplay polishing, to significant visual upgrades (look to my avatar as an example). All we ask is that you be a tiny bit more patient. And if you have any questions feel free to ask, because we ain't going nowhere. :)

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Hey everyone! As you can see, we've made some changes to our page as we draw closer to the game's release. From the redone banner, to updated tiers and a new plot description. And with these changes also comes a new title: "Edge of Anarchy". Since we're telling a new story, we felt it necessary to also give the project a new name to indicate what we hope will be a fresh start.
However, with that fresh start, has meant the release has taken a lot longer than we anticipated, and we apologize for that. We won't go into the nitty gritty of it, but with the new engine we're using, we've had some difficulties adding certain features and mechanics that we wanted to. And to be completely transparent, we still are. Because of this, said features and mechanics will not be implemented in the initial release, but with a little extra development time, will definitely be added to subsequent ones.
To conclude, we appreciate your patience and support, and while we know we're beginning to sound like a broken record, rest assured the game is coming VERY soon.
Thank you :)

Taimant

Nov 26, 2018
really loved the setting and the art style ... but way, way to much conversation in this game, also unsure what my conversation picks result in or if they matter at all...

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
New plot, new pictures, new story.

" ... a new plot description. And with these changes also comes a new title: "Edge of Anarchy". Since we're telling a new story, we felt it necessary to also give the project a new name to indicate what we hope will be a fresh start "

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017

Hey everyone, we have some good news. We've now reached the final stage of development before release! All that's left is to add a few bells and whistles like sounds and effects, test it, and we're good to go.

So because this is the final post before release, we've made a little teaser trailer to show you guys, as well as included some in-game screenshots for you to take a look at, also. We hope you like what you see, and look forward to your thoughts once the game officially drops.
NeoX~

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Looks like the Bars a ton is at its best again. Locations look so shiny and polish - tiresome - they must be bars in disguise ... that is 5th element / valerian sized publicity right there.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Welcome back from the abyss for the past year ... they remade the game into the Edge stuff and then dispersed ...
Sad to see but all because of too much hype and no bang (everybody felt let down by the rework and little progress...)
i really liked that first episode of "Nxc Revolt"
1583617184382.png

Reminisce and game oN!
Hi, everyone. Regrettably, I've decided to make this post to announce that I'll be stepping down as the writer for Edge of Anarchy. It certainly isn't what I wanted to happen, but over the last couple months, and due to the almost non-existent progress that's been made on the game, it's become clear that Neo either doesn't have his heart in it anymore, or is simply too busy to dedicate much of any time to it. And I think it's important to let you guys know what the deal is, instead of stringing you all along and pretending like everything's peachy on the development side. And even though I had high hopes for what this game could have become, and I certainly had a lot of cool things planned for the future, the writing has been on the wall for some time, so I can't in earnest say this is all too surprising to me. Just extremely disappointing. And I'm sorry to disappoint all of you as well. That being said, if Neo does end up finding another writer, and continue on this game without me, I wish him luck.
Flushed down the toilet. And by the look of it, Neo's fallen off the face of the planet.

Reactions: johnconnor

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Well .. have a look:
twitter says : neoXcity This account doesn’t exist Try searching for another.

Discord says:
Hi, everyone. Regrettably, I've decided to make this post to announce that I'll be stepping down as the writer for Edge of Anarchy. It certainly isn't what I wanted to happen, but over the last couple months, and due to the almost non-existent progress that's been made on the game, it's become clear that Neo either doesn't have his heart in it anymore, or is simply too busy to dedicate much of any time to it
For some reason .. Patr#@#@n gives another account:
-
Modu8
is creating world class 3d models, CG enviroments
PATRONS
$5
PER MONTH

You be the judge here...

dev just disappeared.. ?

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
I saw this a couple weeks back and it’s definitely Neo. Which is good news because at least we know he’s alive. On the other hand it’s a shame that he couldn’t be bothered addressing the abandonment of the game he told me he was so passionate about...

Reactions: VDawe and Skads
4.50 star(s) 4 Votes