VN Unity Abandoned REVOLT [v0.1.2] [Neo X City]

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes

krakr

Resident Drunk
Donor
Jun 25, 2017
just came on my radar, but this quote sums it up for me:
My life has culminated to this point, where I can finally combine my loves of cyberpunk, a neon aesthetic, and jerking off.
lovely 80's look. I keep looking for Rutger Hauer.

Reactions: neoXcity

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017

Hey all, we have some important news that we feel we should give you a heads up on. A couple of months ago our lead writer made the decision to stop working on REVOLT due to other commitments. Since then, our second writer Conviction07 had stepped up to fill that role and fully take the reigns of where our detective would be heading.

Unfortunately, trying to pick up the pieces of the vague premise our former writer had conceived of, proved to be a lot more challenging than we had initially anticipated. With several loose plot threads, a total lack of any backstory on the world and characters that inhabited it, and just a general convoluted and unclear direction we were faced with, we'd be the first to admit that lately development has stalled a lot more than we'd have liked it to.

Which is why after some crucial discussion, we've come to the decision that the next release of our game will be effectively, and aptly rebooted as REVOLT v0.1. What this essentially means, is that while we'll be salvaging the majority of the art (and maybe even remastering it too), the direction that the story was initially going in will be completely rewritten from scratch. Including new dialogue, scenes, and restructuring and arrangement of old ones.

What we want to stress though, is that if you're at all concerned by this, don't be. We're hard at work creating something that we wholeheartedly believe will far surpass whatever we had come up with before. So just relax, and be prepared to encounter characters, locales, and stories with depth like you've never seen before in an adult game.

We'll see you in Hypnos!

~NeoX

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
REVOLT_Yoko_casual.jpg

Like I mentioned earlier, while we continue plugging away at the new story, in the meantime I have, and will continue to strive towards making visual improvements to REVOLT.

So as I've gotten better and better at creating art since I started this project, I thought now would be a good time to show you guys our updated version of Yoko. She now has a better, more detailed skin texture, hair and slightly modified clothes. And while we'll be keeping the original scenes as is for now due to time constraints, you can expect these changes to be done to our other characters and locations now moving forward too. So expect more previews soon.

But for now, here's Yoko. There's also an uncensored poster of her available for our $1 patrons and above as well ;)

~NeoX

swammy

Aug 4, 2017

Hey all, we have some important news that we feel we should give you a heads up on. A couple of months ago our lead writer made the decision to stop working on REVOLT due to other commitments. Since then, our second writer Conviction07 had stepped up to fill that role and fully take the reigns of where our detective would be heading.

Unfortunately, trying to pick up the pieces of the vague premise our former writer had conceived of, proved to be a lot more challenging than we had initially anticipated. With several loose plot threads, a total lack of any backstory on the world and characters that inhabited it, and just a general convoluted and unclear direction we were faced with, we'd be the first to admit that lately development has stalled a lot more than we'd have liked it to.

Which is why after some crucial discussion, we've come to the decision that the next release of our game will be effectively, and aptly rebooted as REVOLT v0.1. What this essentially means, is that while we'll be salvaging the majority of the art (and maybe even remastering it too), the direction that the story was initially going in will be completely rewritten from scratch. Including new dialogue, scenes, and restructuring and arrangement of old ones.

What we want to stress though, is that if you're at all concerned by this, don't be. We're hard at work creating something that we wholeheartedly believe will far surpass whatever we had come up with before. So just relax, and be prepared to encounter characters, locales, and stories with depth like you've never seen before in an adult game.

We'll see you in Hypnos!

~NeoX

Will relationship scores matter in the up coming rework? E.g. -5/+5 changes dialogue and scenes, or even lock out scenes.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Will relationship scores matter in the up coming rework? E.g. -5/+5 changes dialogue and scenes, or even lock out scenes.
Personally I'd like to do away with the points system. I find it kind of archaic and it can be easily cheated anyway. But that's a conversation that Neo and I will need to have.

Reactions: swammy

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
REVOLT_Lily_casual.jpg

Meet LILY
As promised, here's another preview, and a first look at one of our new characters Lily, that you'll soon be introduced to in the world of REVOLT. And like all our characters, she's more than just a pretty face. So we're excited for you to see what we have in store for her.

And as always, there's also an uncensored poster of Lily available for our $1 and above patrons. :)

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

In a previous post we mentioned the improvements that we had planned for the upcoming reboot of REVOLT, and how we would essentially be "remastering" our old renders. However between the time we wrote that, we've instead decided to completely re-render these images to best bring justice to the world of Hypnos City in a way that would not be possible otherwise.
Old Version:

New version:

As you can see above, we have provided a sample of a before and after of one of our images, so you can get an idea of just how big a difference we've actually made. And with further post-work done on each image as well, we're pleased with how vastly superior it looks, and hope you guys like it too.

~ NeoX

tonny

Jun 14, 2017
Really nice art and girls, 2 things bother me tho, animated sex scene, you dont animate the sex, only Mc humping her from behind, you dont see any good stuff, only when it's over, to me thats just crap. if you animate sex, then we need to see it, watching 2 bodies grinding, is pointless in my mind. and the white text, makes some of it imposible to read.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Really nice art and girls, 2 things bother me tho, animated sex scene, you dont animate the sex, only Mc humping her from behind, you dont see any good stuff, only when it's over, to me thats just crap. if you animate sex, then we need to see it, watching 2 bodies grinding, is pointless in my mind. and the white text, makes some of it imposible to read.
Fair point. We’ll keep that in mind for future animations. As far the text issue, that’ll be resolved for the games re-launch.

Nov 27, 2017
I have a question for the dev.

While I'm aware that you guys had to completely rewrite the story from the ground up and then redid the graphics as well, right after your story writer had to leave for another project.

Q: How often to do intend to update once you're running at full steam again and how long do you think it will take, before the team is running at the intended and realistic rate?

This is more of a far future question, but I think it would provided some much welcomed answers in regards to what the aims of the dev is, beyond creating an amazing game. :)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
I do love this project and I hope they do not mind ... but the writer kind-a slipped the dove and announced very unceremoniously something is coming in the next 2 weeks. Next week or the one after that, I dunno. This project is a soul crushing endeavor for the 2 of them as there were great gaps in team make up and in task assignment. It could be that neo has to get all script from convict and then try and mash in his own images and GUI and UI for different events. This would make it still a one man endeavor so let the man some lee way and hope for the best.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
I have a question for the dev.

While I'm aware that you guys had to completely rewrite the story from the ground up and then redid the graphics as well, right after your story writer had to leave for another project.

Q: How often to do intend to update once you're running at full steam again and how long do you think it will take, before the team is running at the intended and realistic rate?

This is more of a far future question, but I think it would provided some much welcomed answers in regards to what the aims of the dev is, beyond creating an amazing game. :)
We can’t make any promises about how regular the updates will come until we get into a more comfortable groove, but I can certainly at least say a lot more regularly and beefier than they’ve been so far. For instance, the first version should be around an hour long.

Nov 27, 2017
We can’t make any promises about how regular the updates will come until we get into a more comfortable groove, but I can certainly at least say a lot more regularly and beefier than they’ve been so far. For instance, the first version should be around an hour long.
The first version? I wasn't asking about how long each update will be, but the period to create each update. I know that you said you can't make any promises, but in my question. It was more about intent than making a promise. To me, they're different things. Intent is a vision, while a promise is something we can hold you more accountable for, but I am grateful for everything that you've done so far and am looking forward to seeing the next update! :)

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017

Development Update

It's been a while since we've updated you guys on where we're at with REVOLT, so let's just get straight into it.
Right now we've just about redone all of the old renders that we planned to use in the upcoming 0.1 release, and are now deep into doing all of the new ones. We're estimating here, but all in all, it'll come out to around 450 renders plus plus a few animations that you may already have seen in the game's previous iteration.

On the more technical side of things, we've given all the characters new, better quality skin shaders, implemented a new ui, and have made, and will continue to make several improvements to the game engine.

Now let's talk about the story. In the last month we've re-written about 80-90% plot, with the remainder being just a couple sex scenes that for obvious reasons didn't need much change. And we wrote a lot. So expect a solid length playthrough.

As for the plot specifically, we don't wanna give too much away, but we're determined not to rush things. Pacing and character development are extremely important to us, so expect the upcoming release to mostly act as an introduction to the world, some of the characters that inhabit it, and of course, our protagonist Roland. So while we hope and believe you'll enjoy what we're soon to show you, just keep in mind that we're not even scratching the surface of what's to come in the future.

Finally, you may be wondering when the release is. While we'd love to give you a hard date, there's still quite a bit to do, so we just don't know yet. But what we can say is, expect it reasonably soon. We know it's vague, but it's all we've got.
Thanks for supporting us, and we can't wait to show all of you what we've cooked up, soon.
Thank you.

Below we've provided a few sneak peek shots of a mission involving one of our new characters, Lily.

~NeoX

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes