VN Others Completed Rewrite+ [v3.01 Final] [VisualArts/Key]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
I haven't played the Sekai Project version translation much yet but I want to leave some of the problems here:

• The translation has been simplified compared to the fan translation in the sense of having less detail describing important scenes
  • Removed the honorifics. No -kun, -chan, etc.
  • Bugs. several. they have already informed that are working to fix them, so i hope this post will be updated in the future
  • There are several Japanese texts still in the game, lol.
  • It's censored in some cgs, in my opinion it's not very important but fans are doing the work to restore.
  • They "americanized" some scenes. And changed the names of some characters.
  • It seems they didn't hear the voices, they just translated the texts. even when the characters speak in English the text says something completely different

A comparasion of fan translation and Sekai Project

My feeling is that Sekai Project translation lost a bit of the soul of the game. Maybe im biased since i played the fan translation 4 times already. I had played the 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 version of it and one done for my language (Portuguese Brazil)

For 200k dollars kickstarter and 2 years of work, I'm decepcioned.
Memes in translations always make me question the folks doing these tls. Why the fuck would you just invent lines for the fun of it?! I guess we need to wait even longer for a fan patch to fix their shitty tl, now?! On that note how many more routes does Rewrite+ add to the game compared to the old version? And is it substantial and important? If not i might just find the old version with the Amaterasu tl and ignore this crap completely.

As an aside I played the old Muv Luv vn and currently i'm still playing Comyu and both of these tl's were done by the same guys doing the for the old version of Rewrite as well. Never had an issue with either game. I also still have a few vns left that were done by them, so i do not see the need to rely on official shit altering, inventing and changing the meaning of these lines as they see fit.

Last edited:

pr0dukt

Jun 2, 2019
Such a waste of a release by Key to localize rewrite but then decide to omit the Harvest Festival fandisc content that serves as more or less, an epilogue to most of the routes in Rewrite. Fortunately, I had already read all the fandiscs in japanese some time ago, but still a pretty foolish move by them to remove what made this worth picking this up to begin with for western audiences that have long since read rewrite already, but haven't had a translation for Harvest Festival since it's initial release in JP. I love the series, but this isn't even worth the DL bandwidth without any FD content included. smh...

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
On that note how many more routes does Rewrite+ add to the game compared to the old version? And is it substantial and important? If not i might just find the old version with the Amaterasu tl and ignore this crap completely.
it doesn't differ much in terms of content, so plus is indeed only worth it for the fan disc (which we do not have yet :D). This means i will go with the . Would be nice if the uploaders would grab the fan tl version of the normal rewrite and add it to the op as well. ;) Not sure about other sources, but they usually have a lot of all ages vns, so they are where i go if i look for them.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Memes in translations always make me question the folks doing these tls. Why the fuck would you just invent lines for the fun of it?!
That's the old translation/localization dilema. The more they try to localize the content for western folks the further it strays from the original work. They rewrite jokes and cultural references to make them fit better but a lot is lost in translation because of it.
Not to mention when games are re-released for western market they have to remove/censor a lot of stuff that was allowed in the original version. Which is why in most cases fantranslations are superior over official/localized translations.

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
That's the old translation/localization dilema. The more they try to localize the content for western folks the further it strays from the original work. They rewrite jokes and cultural references to make them fit better but a lot is lost in translation because of it.
Not to mention when games are re-released for western market they have to remove/censor a lot of stuff that was allowed in the original version. Which is why in most cases fantranslations are superior over official/localized translations.
I agree for the most part, but there are guys doing the most stilted literal garbage you can barely call english translation out there too. is the poster child of that ilk and i always weep when this dude curses a game i would've liked to read with one of his "translations". I know this is offtopic, but fuck it, i just wanted to post it. Because it wasn't that long ago, he happened upon a nitro+ vn i would like to read but just ignored because of screenshots of his "work" i saw going around.

So, long story short, i'm pretty sure there is a middle ground between localizing the fuck out of a work or doing literal retard english translations. But yeah, these extremes are very noticeable every time you see them happening, no question about it.

Last edited:

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
Such a waste of a release by Key to localize rewrite but then decide to omit the Harvest Festival fandisc content that serves as more or less, an epilogue to most of the routes in Rewrite. Fortunately, I had already read all the fandiscs in japanese some time ago, but still a pretty foolish move by them to remove what made this worth picking this up to begin with for western audiences that have long since read rewrite already, but haven't had a translation for Harvest Festival since it's initial release in JP. I love the series, but this isn't even worth the DL bandwidth without any FD content included. smh...
That was a sekai project decision. They'd already delayed the game twice and needed to get something out the door

TsundereLoner

Jan 22, 2018
Wait so will I still have a good expierience if I buy it on steam? Or is it a really bad translation? Cuz I doubt its THAT BAD.

Samken

Respected User
Jul 20, 2017
Wait so will I still have a good expierience if I buy it on steam? Or is it a really bad translation? Cuz I doubt its THAT BAD.
It is a very "Americanized" script, with censored CG's (that people are trying to reverse), untranslated text still present and a lot of bugs (that they're claiming will be patched out). Your money, your choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sneak_Deer

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Yo is this game got harvest festa content?
No, that is releasing next year. There is a misconception that Harvest Festa was combined with Rewrite in Rewrite+, but that isn't true. If you bought Rewrite+ physically or digitally in Japan, Harvest Festa is on its own separate disc or installer.
i play all route of rewrite what is difference of rewrite and rewrite+?
Mainly script changes, added voice acting, and new CGs.
Wait for the bugs to be fixed and use the if you want to buy it.
And changed the names of some characters.
If you are talking about Sizuru then there was quite literally nothing Sekai Project could do. Despite the Shizuru romanization being used in some official translations such as the Rewrite anime, Key and Visual Arts have always used Sizuru in promotional material and seems they were very adamant about it being Sizuru in this release. At least the unofficial patch fixes this.
There are several Japanese texts still in the game, lol.
If you look in the code and also keep up with their bug report threads on Github, seems the text is untranslated not because they missed it, but because they didn't properly implement the translated text into the game when attempting to insert the text. Pretty much proof this is basically a beta test by trying to get the backers to report all the bugs for them.

• Haha
Reactions: PeteHanson

IndOnesia

Dec 6, 2018
No, that is releasing next year. There is a misconception that Harvest Festa was combined with Rewrite in Rewrite+, but that isn't true. If you bought Rewrite+ physically or digitally in Japan, Harvest Festa is on its own separate disc or installer.

thanks my friendd

IAmTheRad

May 6, 2017
I'll wait until it has the fandisc included and the proper patches are out. I'm fine without any sexual content, as some of my favorite VNs I don't play for the sexual content. A couple don't even have any sexual content whatsoever.

okwm

Oct 14, 2017
Localization and translation is fine, ya'll are being some big babies. The criticisms around the rampant bugs and coding issues are valid and are being addressed. Support the official release when shits fixed so we can get more KEY content and support KEY officially.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jjjorougumo
3.50 star(s) 2 Votes