• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Others Completed Rewrite+ [v3.01 Final] [VisualArts/Key]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

JmTrad

Jun 2, 2018
and despite this it's still 94% positive reviews on steam
at some point you just have to accept that the people paying for these products fully deserve the half-assed shit they get
I believe this 94% reviews are people who didn't played the Sekai Project version yet, and yes, is a dumb move. They are using their fan translation experience, showing how good it was.

MrNTR

Jan 23, 2019
Does this include Harvest Festa?

and despite this it's still 94% positive reviews on steam
at some point you just have to accept that the people paying for these products fully deserve the half-assed shit they get
Or maybe cuz not everyone whine about every little shiet like it's all that matters. Not everyone is a whiny entitled little biatch who just LOVES to whine about EVERYTHING, although most gamers are nowadays. OMG, there's a line of translation of I don't like, this game is getting a zero score.

In that video, the only things that are even worth whining about is the instance of gilbberish text and the crash, and I SERIOUSLY doubt those are common issues.

Last edited:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016

Or maybe cuz not everyone whine about every little shiet like it's all that matters. Not everyone is a whiny entitled little biatch who just LOVES to whine about EVERYTHING, although most gamers are nowadays. OMG, there's a line of translation of I don't like, this game is getting a zero score.

In that video, the only things that are even worth whining about is the instance of gilbberish text and the crash, and I SERIOUSLY doubt those are common issues.
Yeah, that's really whiny and entitled, if people who paid for a product dare to complain about it not being up to professional standards.

Thankfully, not all gamers are irrational, childish white knights who think just because they like the games a company creates or publishes, they must defend them against any form of criticism, however well justified.
Seriously, to me the bitch is the one who lets herself be fucked up the arse without lube, afterwards cleans the shit and blood covered dick, and thanks the guy for it.

Aquilez

Jun 26, 2019
So apparently both translations kinda suck for different reasons. Sekai tends to "overtranslate" while the fanTL tends to "undertranslate." You're either getting a translation that comes dangerously close to changing the meaning of the source text, or one where the the translation is too 1:1 and the meaning is close to being lost.

After reading an hour or two using both, it's just a matter of personal taste. They're not horrible, but it's still readable. Then again, I'm used to reading shit MTLs.

Samken

Respected User
Jul 20, 2017
About the plethora of bugs, this is Sekai Project's excuse, take it off what you'll:
1639991205966[2].jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: sonhot

Outrunner

Sep 28, 2020
All i see in that excuse is : "We could have waited and fix everything until summer but summer is not xmas where people are more likely to spend."

Also about "I think the expectations of this fanbase is way too high":
Yeah when people buy a game the expect it to WORK, funny how that works.
And then they wonder why people are sailing for life...

IAmTheRad

May 6, 2017
They are just making excuses rather than actually fixing the game.
It's missing content, has untranslated strings? Seems unfinished to me. Like a fan translation project that abandoned it partway through.

JmTrad

Jun 2, 2018
I have never read a key visual novel, is this a good start?
Rewrite is a bit different from other KEY VNs, but is awesome. Is a good start in my opinion.
But this version was made with little love. Is full of bugs, texts still in japanese and other problems.
There is a fan translation done several years ago that in my opinion is a better experience at least for now.

Where could peeps pick up the newest fan tl? Maybe that should also be on the front page?
There is a classic torrent of the v3.0 on the internet.
But the latest revision of the fan translation is v4.0. (The link is from web archive because the group is dead, but is still possible to download. R.I.P)

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2020
If you are talking about Sizuru then there was quite literally nothing Sekai Project could do. Despite the Shizuru romanization being used in some official translations such as the Rewrite anime, Key and Visual Arts have always used Sizuru in promotional material and seems they were very adamant about it being Sizuru in this release. At least the unofficial patch fixes this.
That makes no sense, and I don't care what Key says. The first kanji in Shizuru's name is 静 (pronounced しず). If you know how to read hiragana, you will know that the romaji version of しず is "shizu", not "sizu". In fact, there is no hiragana for a "si" sound in the Japanese alphabet. The hiragana beginning with the 's' sound are "sa", "se", "shi", "su" and "so".

Reactions: karabiner98k

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
Localization and translation is fine, ya'll are being some big babies. The criticisms around the rampant bugs and coding issues are valid and are being addressed. Support the official release when shits fixed so we can get more KEY content and support KEY officially.
>1 message

go away shill

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017

i mean... if its YOUR money then go ahead and buy shit products. something tells me this isn't their money but it came from someone else's credit card

AEBus

Oct 27, 2017
12/24/2021 update Patch Notes
  • Added additional/reorganized nametags
12/23/2021 update Patch Notes
  • Fixed name tags showing up in Japanese
  • Fixed untranslated text showing up in save/load
  • Fixed untranslated text showing up in various routes
  • Fixed engine control code (TIMEWAIT/PP) showing in dialogue
  • Fixed scripting bugs associated with edge cases, our script inserter was not escaping commands correctly
  • Fixed image readability in various routes
  • Fixed image display in various routes
  • Fixed missing text in various routes
  • Fixed 'Enable voice speed playback' label in the config menu
  • Fixed UI gap from Tweet removal
  • Addressed some translation concerns on routes
  • Temporary removed English Localization credits and Kickstarter backers, will be readded in another patch
  • Changed default font to Kosugi Maru
  • Fixed typos
Link to this update:
You need a steam emulator now, feel free use any of them, but i recommend
Just download a Latest Build, then replace steam_api.dll in game folder with new from archive

Also, if you need a patch with this changes:
  • Sizuru -> Shizuru
  • "Uncensored" images are restored from the Japanese version of Rewrite+
  • Opening and ending videos now have subtitles (in your Rewrite+ settings go to "Movie Settings" and change it to MCI if videos lag)
  • An issue with the ending video's audio bitrate has been fixed
You can download it from here:

Last edited:

Saisoul25

May 21, 2021
This game has one of the best ED's i heard:

View attachment 1551867
I remember hearing this song, but there was another version of this song (Rock style i guess) accompanied by Mintjam. You got any link for that? Cause i can't find it in youtube anymore, used to have this song played in my room for hours, the rock version was really cool too.

EDIT: Nevermind, i found another post of it. ( )

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 2 Votes