• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Others Completed Rewrite+ [v3.01 Final] [VisualArts/Key]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
It can be played without problem, but they are still actively working on at least one more major patch. They stated there are a few minor issues that were reported to them on Github and there are a few features they want to add not present in the Japanese release.
So i will wait until that final patch is out. Thanks!

YabenoHkmr

Jun 6, 2018
Romanizing phonetic sounds as anything other than their regular spelling only makes sense for loan-words and names that derive from Western cultures. For example, it makes sense to romanize Arizu as Alice, but it would not make sense to romanize Hashimoto as Hasimoto. Shizuru is a Japanese name, so changing the phonetically correct 'shi' hiragana to 'si' is a bad translation.

Also...

View attachment 1618853
Alice is Arisu and even in kunrei shiki "su" is "su", not "zu". And what is that pic trying to prove? Isn't it obvious that google use hepburn since they aren't a japanese company? Bad or not it's the standard dictated by the government as far as i know.

Jan 12, 2020
Alice is Arisu and even in kunrei shiki "su" is "su", not "zu". And what is that pic trying to prove? Isn't it obvious that google use hepburn since they aren't a japanese company? Bad or not it's the standard dictated by the government as far as i know.
Localization is about more than sticking to 'government dictates' or whatever. In case you haven't noticed, the Japanese don't have the best grasp of romanized languages, which is why their country is full of hilarious misspellings. The original Rewrite fan translation that the fans were familiar with calls the character Shizuru. The same goes for her entry on VNDB and the Rewrite wiki. Hell, even the crappy anime adaptation got her name right in the subs. There's no reason why this official translation should've changed an established romanization (and from what I've read, they've done a bad job with the translation in other areas as well). You're literally the only one defending this dumb choice that pissed off so many fans that they had to release a patch for it.

Last edited:

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
First you need to install update, then improvement patch.
Mine is still working with the v2.1 patch. The v1.5 wouldn't work and wouldn't have the most up to date features since the modder has to manually add certain things back in to be compatible after each update and 2.1 was released several hours after the last patch. Also, that appears to be something with the font. Download the font and try placing it into the "dat" folder. Though if you are using the Rewrite+ posted here then you should be using the v1.5 since this the one posted here does not contain the patches Sekai Project pushed out after launch.
.....you should be using the v1.5 since this the one posted here does not contain the patches Sekai Project pushed out after launch.

Any clue where to find the patches - my game is borked also.

Edit - Found - - But the newest patch does not seem to work on it either!
Would really like to update this thread to the latest game version.

Edit Edit - Found version - Uploaded version: January 27, 2022 - b8095833 - Testing.....

Edit Edit Edit - Cracked Steam files, Tested with v2.1 Patch - works fine - Uploading......Done!!!

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Well that was a lot of work - and quite frankly a pain in the arse.
However I .....Updated the OP to.......Rewrite_22-01-27_b8095833_Patch2.1

Game Updates

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Patch Updates
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also included 2 different Walkthroughs and a Route Order Recommendation Guide.

Cheers ;)

YoukoKurama

Nov 29, 2017
Dang, sad to see the more modern translation sucks so much, I remember playing the fan translation years ago, and it was pretty good as far as I can remember.

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
Going to school in Japan must be an AMAZING experience. SO many games and stories, always set in school, about school, thinking of school, meeting at school, saying good bye at school and generally figuring out a way to hold on to school for a moment longer. ;)

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Going to school in Japan must be an AMAZING experience. SO many games and stories, always set in school, about school, thinking of school, meeting at school, saying good bye at school and generally figuring out a way to hold on to school for a moment longer. ;)
More like devs can't really think of any other settings their intended target audiences can relate to. You may also note that the actual daily grind of schoolwork - you know, the actual process of learning kids are there for in the first place - tends to be scrubbed out to almost obsessive degrees... Might have something to do with the JP education system's approach to pedagogy AFAIK being really heavy on crude and uninspiring archaic rote learning, that.

I've a sneaking suspicion this rather single-minded setting focus owes more than a little to a certain degree of rose-tinted nostalgia of high school as the last true period of relatively carefree peace and freedom before the oppressive precarious bullshit that (by most popular-culture accounts at least) is adult working life in Japanaland - their college has some of that "breather" aura, too, but already requires clearing the brutal entry exams and has the Sword of Damocles of the labour market much more immediately in the future so, yeah.

Takerial

Jul 10, 2020
It's more that it's an easy setting to explain having consistent contact with the same people over a period of time.

The other one being work.

The last being home for incest games.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: karabiner98k

JosephF

May 28, 2019
It's more that it's an easy setting to explain having consistent contact with the same people over a period of time.

The other one being work.

The last being home for incest games.
Exactly, on a school setting the protagonist has an excuse to interact with the other characters, be it they are from the same class or club or student council and so on than say a salaryman who works all day, how can you explain that this salaryman suddenly met an ex-idol and helped her get over her troubles and helped her go back to stardom? Dude's too busy working to care about others! lol

The only interactions a salaryman has is with his coworkers, making it harder to make an interesting scenario since everyone there is a salaryman as well, so no idols there, that's why most creators go with school settings as there they get more freedom to make any character they want without restrictions and still make it makes sense for the protagonist to meet and interact with them.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: RNDM

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Exactly, on a school setting the protagonist has an excuse to interact with the other characters, be it they are from the same class or club or student council and so on than say a salaryman who works all day, how can you explain that this salaryman suddenly met an ex-idol and helped her get over her troubles and helped her go back to stardom? Dude's too busy working to care about others! lol

The only interactions a salaryman has is with his coworkers, making it harder to make an interesting scenario since everyone there is a salaryman as well, so no idols there, that's why most creators go with school settings as there they get more freedom to make any character they want without restrictions and still make it makes sense for the protagonist to meet and interact with them.
"Salaryman works for the company the idol is also employed by" - took me about five seconds to think up that basic outline. Plus *even* much-overworked Japanese wageslaves actually know and meet people outside the workplace you know... and "happenstance encounter out of the blue" as the kick-off is a widely employed plot device even with the obligatory highschooler protags so, yeah.

Reactions: Creiz

Takerial

Jul 10, 2020
"Salaryman works for the company the idol is also employed by" - took me about five seconds to think up that basic outline. Plus *even* much-overworked Japanese wageslaves actually know and meet people outside the workplace you know... and "happenstance encounter out of the blue" as the kick-off is a widely employed plot device even with the obligatory highschooler protags so, yeah.
It's absolutely true that you can make a game that doesn't utilize the school setting. It's just an easy setting to use so if you don't want to have to focus on making the setting make sense, it's an easy default to go with.

Even certain ones utilize it a little bit but the story doesn't. G-Senjou no Maou being one of them. Most of the story does not revolve around the school even though it technically uses it. It's just a means of getting the characters together to start their story-lines. And the story and music definitely hit hard in the game. It's definitely one of the games I look back at.

Reactions: fuew12

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
isnt there a version with sex?
No, Rewrite never had sex. They stopped doing sex in their major games after Little Busters. The last game they did with sexually explicit scenes was Kud Wafter which released a year before Rewrite.

Reactions: Twistty

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
It's absolutely true that you can make a game that doesn't utilize the school setting. It's just an easy setting to use so if you don't want to have to focus on making the setting make sense, it's an easy default to go with.

Even certain ones utilize it a little bit but the story doesn't. G-Senjou no Maou being one of them. Most of the story does not revolve around the school even though it technically uses it. It's just a means of getting the characters together to start their story-lines. And the story and music definitely hit hard in the game. It's definitely one of the games I look back at.
Most of the time, the "School Setting" makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, anyway. Bunch of kids running around killing spirits, destroying gods, giving orders to presidents and commanding billion dollar navy ships and shit and then they go "Oh no! I have to get home at 6 for dinner and my homework!"

Besides, if you trust anime you'd think Japan only has elementary, middle and high school. There's no college, no universities?

Instead of High School, why don't they set their shit in those? Makes a lot more sense. They still have the "school" excuse and they can have the characters be proper adults to boot.

Who meets an "ex-idol" in high school? Perhaps at an university, where she goes to study another career or something, perhaps.

Nah. They use high-school settings as an excuse to make their character young, to bait the less savoury otakus.

• Angry
Reactions: karabiner98k
3.50 star(s) 2 Votes