4.10 star(s) 58 Votes
Nov 9, 2018
Whatever the outcome, the following seasons won't feel the same without JR voicing Rick and Morty.
But I mean, this is literally the similar situation with John K. and Ren & Stimpy all over again.
I'm still going to feel conflicted about the guy because I love the humor the people he worked with inside and outside the R&M show created, like Zach and Justins' "Char & Ity" short.
Besides, Life goes on no matter what, so who knows if he ever gets his 'redemption arc' and gets to have a career in entertainment again.
I think he should've (well *should*, now) taken care of whatever mental issues he had internally so he didn't cross those lines.
Or maybe it's also some of those prices you take when becoming famous and performance anxiety and whatnot builds up over one's career.
We'll never know the whole story because every person involved has their own experiences and conclusions.
Lord knows I've f'd up and done some bad things in my life, nothing near the ballpark of those allegations towards JR, but the most important thing I can do is to move on and change my ways to never let those things happen again.

But I digress.

Looking forward to the next update, but won't bother Ferdafs. He's got a lot of material this season.

bell10

Sep 18, 2017
While every bit of me wants to believe this considering Justin has been notoriously a POS for a long time (To what extent was argued), but gotta take a random post on the internet with a grain of salt.
Yeah you're not wrong, it's next to impossible for me to prove it even if I dox myself as I am referring to a conversation I had. But I thought it was an interesting piece of information that I'd like to share. Like I said you have to take it all with a gain of salt as I didn't know her too well and she is probably a tad bias. But I've never heard any nice stories about him. Hell the "peace among worlds" concept from S2E6 came from the fact that Justin wanted to break his contact with a comic con as he decided that he didn't want to have to go anymore despite the numerous number of fans who attended it just for him. Harmon told him something along the lines of "justin, they love you. You can walk in give them all the finger and you'll get a standing ovation."

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
It wouldn't be a shock to me that the creator of a show as messed up as Rick and Morty would be messed up himself.
If he really did commit the crimes he's accused of, then he needs to pay the price for them.
I don't see it effecting the game at all unless Ferdafs finds the situation off putting and walks away from it.

mare222

Jan 24, 2018
It wouldn't be a shock to me that the creator of a show as messed up as Rick and Morty would be messed up himself.
If he really did commit the crimes he's accused of, then he needs to pay the price for them.
I don't see it effecting the game at all unless Ferdafs finds the situation off putting and walks away from it.
hopefully not

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
A gentle reminder that Four Elements Trainer was created and completed in a timeframe where the only new Avatar content was unrelated books and comics. The state of the original source material often has little to do with fan works.

That’s not even considering the fact that Season 7 is confirmed and written already.

Reactions: kenta16807

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
Yes, but the fact he was even engaging with a literal child not related is creepy enough
Not trying to defend child molesters here, but there is a more significant difference between a 16/17 y/o vs. 13 y/o, and I'm not just referring to chronological age (this assumes the 16/17 y/o isn't also developmentally challenged and has the mental age of a 12 y/o). Nor is being "creepy" an indicator of guilt (that quadruple homicide in Idaho notwithstanding). But a big corporation dropping a star with bad PR? No big surprise there, regardless of whether Roiland is guilty or not of his ALLEGED crimes. Hollywood has had morality clauses in their contracts for decades, honestly thought the SAG had mostly dealt with that (although dunno if voice actors technically count as SAG).

But I will say the following, even though I don't really care about this subject and have done basically no research. If your lawyers spend over a year attempting to negotiate a plea deal, you're prolly guilty. But if your lawyers are just fighting normal pre-trial stuff (which can definitely take a year or more depending on the complexity of the case and the population of the legal district you reside in), then you're only guilty when a jury says so and not before (and even then maybe not, depending on appeals, etc.). But Cartoon Network and/or their parent company isn't going to wait around to find out!

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
I haven't been keeping up with the drama on this but I have always found it silly when people can't separate the artist from the work. Nazi's pioneered drunk driving laws and lots of other commonly accepted safety practices, not to mention created a litany of technology and medicine a lot of which is still used today; does that mean we can never like or use anything they made because "literally Hitler"

Go look throughout history at many artists, philosophers, scientists and so on who changed the course of human history, lots of them had less than pious behaviors. And we aren't even talking about the best of mankind here, just some dude who was involved in an "edgy" TV show from the cesspit that is modern western media.

If you were to do a thorough investigation in to Hollywood these days you would find more pedo's than corrupt politicians in DC.

Last edited:
Reactions: kenta16807

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
Speaking of which how is Ferdafs doing? I remember someone saying he got surgery on his arm and was gonna be gone a while but I haven't heard anything since.

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
Speaking of which how is Ferdafs doing? I remember someone saying he got surgery on his arm and was gonna be gone a while but I haven't heard anything since.
No progress updates in about a month but he was in good spirits in the new years post.

kenta16807

Oct 1, 2020
Hopefully we'll get a lifesign in a week or so, He usually pops in the first days of the month.(on phatreon that is)

Homelander_

Dec 15, 2021
Feel bad for his patrons, they pay 7.50 for one progress update every month but ferdafs said he would be back to his usual 2 month schedule this month

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Feel bad for his patrons, they pay 7.50 for one progress update every month but ferdafs said he would be back to his usual 2 month schedule this month
Just speaking personally, as soon as he said he was getting surgery I dropped my sub. Seen this a lot with other creators.
Ether he's faking it because he's burned out and thinks a vacation will fix his motivation problems.
Or it's real and it's going to seriously hamper his ability to create content.
Ether way I'm half expecting one or two more updates from him, each far apart, before he ghosts the project.

Hopefully that's not the case here and he'll be able to get back on his old scheduled. But I've been hurt before.

Homelander_

Dec 15, 2021
Oh I do hope you're wrong about that :eek: I need my Tricia fixes..

Hopefully the dosh's too good to quit, with the inflation we're having this side of the pond he'll need every cent.
You will probably see Tricia in 3.8 since he already did her this update, which probably won’t see for at least another 4 months

Homelander_

Dec 15, 2021
Just speaking personally, as soon as he said he was getting surgery I dropped my sub. Seen this a lot with other creators.
Ether he's faking it because he's burned out and thinks a vacation will fix his motivation problems.
Or it's real and it's going to seriously hamper his ability to create content.
Ether way I'm half expecting one or two more updates from him, each far apart, before he ghosts the project.

Hopefully that's not the case here and he'll be able to get back on his old scheduled. But I've been hurt before.
Yeah hopefully not but he only posts once a month and doesn’t post any teasers, it just kinda seems he’s milking whatever he can but we will see.

Reactions: pussymellow
4.10 star(s) 58 Votes