4.10 star(s) 58 Votes

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
Just because somoene doesn't write anything online doesn't mean they are dead. It's also very possible that somoene is burned out and just needs some time to rest, or somoene has depression etc.
But it doesn't become our problem of figuring out whether the game is abandoned or not. If they want people to think the game is being worked on they can show some evidence of it.

Reactions: PeterSBigD

Demiurge299

Aug 7, 2018
c

Just because somoene doesn't write anything online doesn't mean they are dead. It's also very possible that somoene is burned out and just needs some time to rest, or somoene has depression etc.
Ferdafs has a patreon where people pay for updates and communication, its not like he's just releasing everything free because he's a nice guy. several months with not so much as a "sorry I'm not feeling great" to even his Patreons, is completely inexcusable. neither of what you listed is valid for that level of a lack of communication to paying customers. like its fine if he's not showing up here to talk, its a pirate site, I get it, but the fact his Patreon has had nothing at all for months is genuinely shitty. Literally all it would have taken is a short sentence or two message about what's going on in his life, or even just a generic "I can't work right now/I am working, its just gonna take awhile" would have been enough, but no one even got that.

mare222

Jan 24, 2018
Ferdafs has a patreon where people pay for updates and communication, its not like he's just releasing everything free because he's a nice guy. several months with not so much as a "sorry I'm not feeling great" to even his Patreons, is completely inexcusable. neither of what you listed is valid for that level of a lack of communication to paying customers. like its fine if he's not showing up here to talk, its a pirate site, I get it, but the fact his Patreon has had nothing at all for months is genuinely shitty. Literally all it would have taken is a short sentence or two message about what's going on in his life, or even just a generic "I can't work right now/I am working, its just gonna take awhile" would have been enough, but no one even got that.
we dont even know if ferdafs is still alive

dokodesuka

Mar 13, 2020
Godot, Unreal
Sure, I know that those engines exist, I have tried Godot myself. They're the top 3 in popularity.
But I want to know how do you know that "devs are migrating from Unity to those other engines". Where did you read that, or is it an impression? (which is fine if it is, I just want to know the truth).
I thought Unity backtracked on the install tax thing after the huge negative reaction.

Reactions: Wlms

wadere

Jan 6, 2018
Sure, I know that those engines exist, I have tried Godot myself. They're the top 3 in popularity.
But I want to know how do you know that "devs are migrating from Unity to those other engines". Where did you read that, or is it an impression? (which is fine if it is, I just want to know the truth).
I thought Unity backtracked on the install tax thing after the huge negative reaction.
well, there's backtrack and Backtrack, they tweaked a few things but the core of the controvercy is still there and it truly doesn't look like they're actually backing down anytime soon from the last i know, seems to be a sink or swim situation for them. Mr.conspiracy would say that in principle this is a basic haggling trick, say a price so high it's ridiculous and won't be accepted so when they complain lower it to the price you actually wanted them to pay and NOW whatever you're trying to sell seems to be "reasonable" for most peoples, that's super common in india per example (poor tourists haha); but i don't know how much Mr.conspiracy can be trusted, he can get "pretty wild" some(most of the)times.

other than that, the whole situation shouldn't really matter to ferdafs AND the last public proof of life we have is from before that whole controversy was even a thing so at this point i'd be enclined to say it's just an excuse if he were to come back and claim that as a reason for him stopping. he could probably milk, like, a year or two of mild support if he comes back only to say he'll port the game to another plateform due to the whole unity situation. either way, doesn't look good but it costs nothing to have hope, other than the pain of disappointment i mean but they, to each their own, hope's important and it's also fine to have none cause reality even if that's very sad

ps: if any indian can confirm/deny that this is still the case i'd appreciate it, i doubt it changed but who knows, cultures evolve/change too

Reactions: dokodesuka

Dr_Fog

Feb 12, 2021

No official report or anything like that, but I work in the industry and basically everyone I know is migrating to Unreal. I should mention that this usually just involves finishing whatever they're working on in Unity before moving on. The point I was trying to make though is that I don't think the Unity debacle has anything to do with Ferdafs disappearance because they backtracked the policy that triggered all this backlash in the first place.

Reactions: dokodesuka

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
for me the sad part is Tricia, was hopping her story would get finished before this was abandoned.
For me it's never getting Summer/Beth content.

I saw this coming back when he posted about his wrist but it still sucks.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
What happened to his wrist?
According to him he had to get surgery on it to fix some carpal tunnel type condition.
He put out two updates after the surgery before dropping off.
Personally I'm betting he just got burned out and need a break. But when he came back he just didn't have it in him to keep going so just ghosted the project.

While I get burn out, I wish he had at least officially quit or at least put it on hold instead of going radio silent.

DrReyMoore

Jul 19, 2019
According to him he had to get surgery on it to fix some carpal tunnel type condition.
He put out two updates after the surgery before dropping off.
Personally I'm betting he just got burned out and need a break. But when he came back he just didn't have it in him to keep going so just ghosted the project.

While I get burn out, I wish he had at least officially quit or at least put it on hold instead of going radio silent.
Yeah, being burned out is really stressful, at least one update so we know the guy is alive. A thought occurred to me that maybe with all the shit that happened with Unity, there's a chance that he might be porting the entire game to another engine, maybe? idk, at this point I just hope at least he's alive

kenta16807

Oct 1, 2020
...porting the entire game to another engine...
Unlikely, he'd just spent a very large amount of time going over every image to get the size down.

The tools to do this (and other things) might be availabe outside Unity, but I think it's been shown that our F is not much of a coder... ;)

{conspiracy hat on}
He keeps alluding to there being other people involved, might be the one doing social and phatreon f'd off ?
{conspiracy hat off}

At least it's Saturday :p

Reactions: wadere

DrReyMoore

Jul 19, 2019
Unlikely, he'd just spent a very large amount of time going over every image to get the size down.

The tools to do this (and other things) might be availabe outside Unity, but I think it's been shown that our F is not much of a coder... ;)

{conspiracy hat on}
He keeps alluding to there being other people involved, might be the one doing social and phatreon f'd off ?
{conspiracy hat off}

At least it's Saturday :p
One can only dream

4.10 star(s) 58 Votes