4.10 star(s) 58 Votes

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
What SHITuation is that then ?
The thing with Unity trying to charge devs up to $0.20 per install of their games (well, the Unity runtime that comes with their games). At the moment I don't think anyone (including Unity) has any idea how this dumb idea of charging for installs is going to work. Most likely case is Unity (the company) walks it back... or goes bankrupt? Worse case, every other engine tries to adopt it too ala Netflix's charge per login.

As to affecting Ferdafs, unless this game has made more than $200,000 it doesn't apply. And, as the patreon is not for the game, but for access to the dev, the game has technically made $0 so, the stupid install stuff wouldn't apply anyhow.

• Wow
Reactions: 2LAOD and WackedWu

Stasisguy

Apr 25, 2023
The thing with Unity trying to charge devs up to $0.20 per install of their games (well, the Unity runtime that comes with their games). At the moment I don't think anyone (including Unity) has any idea how this dumb idea of charging for installs is going to work. Most likely case is Unity (the company) walks it back... or goes bankrupt? Worse case, every other engine tries to adopt it too ala Netflix's charge per login.

As to affecting Ferdafs, unless this game has made more than $200,000 it doesn't apply. And, as the patreon is not for the game, but for access to the dev, the game has technically made $0 so, the stupid install stuff wouldn't apply anyhow.
I was actual going to ask about this thanks for the update about this. should this be in ferdafs continuations just for faq so people understand as well.

kenta16807

Oct 1, 2020
The thing with Unity trying to charge devs up to $0.20 per install...
Ouch, the only way that would work is by phone-home-mechanism - we've got enough of those.

But it's the coming thing, nickel-and-dime everyone for everything - pioneered by the #¤%&ing banks.

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
Well, after seeing the trailer for the new season that just dropped, I can better understand why Ferdafs possibly abandoned this game... although burnout is still a legitimate possibility. Morty basically sounds the same, but Rick DEFINITELY sounds different. I'll reserve my opinion of the actual plot until release, although it's hard to tell if the trailer was deliberately pushing fan service or just that the writers are thin on fresh ideas.

4.10 star(s) 58 Votes