LeonJKennedy

DSO Operative
Donor
Mar 15, 2021
Loving the game so far. Quick question: the game has a lot of spelling errors. Are those from the original game? I'm guessing that they are, just wanted to check.

Reactions: Night Mirror

Blackwhite321

Oct 4, 2020
Derp, sorry, I'm an idiot. I had r1.3 on the brain while writing that response because I was in the middle of posting the bugfix.

What I meant, was are you on r1.2? That version was specifically updated with the latest renpy to try and fix the user input not working at all on s10+/Redmi4x devices.

Also, and I know this is a longshot, but could you possibly include a screen cap of what it looks like for you? (on my s10 I think the sizes look fine except on the pref menus where everything is huge for some reason).
I just downloaded the latest version for android and finally menu it's working! Thank you so much

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Loving the game so far. Quick question: the game has a lot of spelling errors. Are those from the original game? I'm guessing that they are, just wanted to check.
Some of the typos/mistakes are from the original (it has a lot of typos), and some of them are my own fault. I'm doing my best to correct them as I find them but this game has a ton of text, and I'm just one person self editing. Plus, I've read over it so many times my brain just skips mistakes.

If you spot any, let me know where they are, and I'll fix them in future updates!

Reactions: LeonJKennedy

Hrothgar

Aug 11, 2018
Just spent three days playing through this. Great improvements on a great game (I played most of the unity version already). Thanks so much for doing this and while Ferdafs gets most of the credit for the story, your additions fit right in. I hope that people realize that regardless of whether you prefer renpy or unity, the unity version is the one that we should support for further development, but once again, thanks so much for this labour of love.

LeonJKennedy

DSO Operative
Donor
Mar 15, 2021
Some of the typos/mistakes are from the original (it has a lot of typos), and some of them are my own fault. I'm doing my best to correct them as I find them but this game has a ton of text, and I'm just one person self editing. Plus, I've read over it so many times my brain just skips mistakes.

If you spot any, let me know where they are, and I'll fix them in future updates!
Okay, so I've played a couple of hours and I've collected all the spelling errors I've found so far.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't know if you want me to keep posting these as I play or if you're fine without them?
Thanks for all your work on this!

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I don't know if you want me to keep posting these as I play or if you're fine without them?
Thanks for all your work on this!
Any and all issues you're willing to share is very much appreciated! It really helps to have a second set of eyes! I'll start putting this in!

Thank you very much for helping improve this game!

Edit:
Alright, all the typos you listed have been fix for the next patch. If you do find more, I don't need the scene, or even really the sentences (less typing for you) as I'm doing a game wide text search for the misspelling and fixing it. Just the misspelled word should be enough for me to hunt it down and correct it!

These were pretty much all my typos, although I think a few did come out of the text capture I used to get the dialogue.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeonJKennedy

Anthony222

Jan 18, 2020
Just alittle heads up for anyone who has to download the opengl extensions, when I downloaded it, it said I needed .net framework 4.6.1 but my computer doesn't support it sadly, so make sure your .net framework is up to date, if the newer versions work let me know, I'm getting a new pc tomorrow, cause I really want to play this game, everytime I try to launch it, the log just says glbindframebuffer is missing, even though most of the game I have downloaded say the exact same thing I can still play them idk why

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Just alittle heads up for anyone who has to download the opengl extensions, when I downloaded it, it said I needed .net framework 4.6.1 but my computer doesn't support it sadly, so make sure your .net framework is up to date, if the newer versions work let me know, I'm getting a new pc tomorrow, cause I really want to play this game, everytime I try to launch it, the log just says glbindframebuffer is missing, even though most of the game I have downloaded say the exact same thing I can still play them idk why
If previous renpy games work for you, then there might be one more thing you can try. It's a real long shot, but... maybe? It sounds like something in the current version of the engine for this game (7.4.4) is what's causing your issue, but you might be able to transplant an older version of the engine in and use that. There are for sure no promise this will work at all, but I'm mostly on the newest version for android issues not gameplay features.

To try this, in the RMAWH main game folder, where the .exe files are, delete the "lib" and "renpy" folders (if you still have the original zip you can always unzip them again). From a working game, copy (don't move) the "lib" and "renpy" folders into the RMAWH folder.

As I said, this is a longshot, and I don't have a high confidence that it will work for you. But worst case is that still doesn't run.

arms99

May 11, 2018
I found a few small bugs in the replay gallery. If I go into the replay gallery the second I start the game it'll works perfectly and continues to work well until I exit, but if I load or play the game before going into the replay gallery some replays will throw exceptions. Also certain preferences will automatically change every time you replay a scene, like age will be set to no and finish will be set to outside. You can change it back mid replay, but it changes again the second you start another replay.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I found a few small bugs in the replay gallery. If I go into the replay gallery the second I start the game it'll works perfectly and continues to work well until I exit, but if I load or play the game before going into the replay gallery some replays will throw exceptions. Also certain preferences will automatically change every time you replay a scene, like age will be set to no and finish will be set to outside. You can change it back mid replay, but it changes again the second you start another replay.
(...)
Are you on version r1.2 or later? I thought I had fixed this issue and I can't reproduce it in the current version. (I just tried it on r1.2 and r1.3, loading a game, opening Summer's zoo replay, and it played with no errors).

As for preferences resetting, this is a deeper renpy issue. Without getting super technical, renpy sort of stores the variables in and out of replays separately. It's not supposed to carry changes from a replay back into the main game (although it still does sometimes) but it should bring you preferences into the replay. If you are changing preferences in a replay, when you leave it will reset to it's previous value.

Edit:
says r1.2 right there in the error log, smh. Alright, I'll keep working on this stupid bug.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
What is the mind control that happens?
3ish scenes of mind control, spoilers ahead.

If you want a less spoilerie response, under my dev notes on the main post I have a break down of all the major tagged content and how much of what is in the game.

arms99

May 11, 2018
Are you on version r1.2 or later? I thought I had fixed this issue and I can't reproduce it in the current version. (I just tried it on r1.2 and r1.3, loading a game, opening Summer's zoo replay, and it played with no errors).
It's not every replay, just some of them. The sample I gave was with the summer+trisha 3-way, but I've seen it with other replays as well.
It's not supposed to carry changes from a replay back into the main game (although it still does sometimes) but it should bring you preferences into the replay. If you are changing preferences in a replay, when you leave it will reset to it's previous value.
It's doesn't bring my preferences into the replay. I'm not sure if it changes them all to some default setting, but I know that at least "age" and "finish" always switch the second I start a replay.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
It's not every replay, just some of them. The sample I gave was with the summer+trisha 3-way, but I've seen it with other replays as well.

It's doesn't bring my preferences into the replay. I'm not sure if it changes them all to some default setting, but I know that at least "age" and "finish" always switch the second I start a replay.
Alright, I can get the preferences not carrying in to the replay to reproduce on my end (if I can fix it is another question) so at least I can work out what's going wrong there.

But I can't get the replay to error out, could I get a step-by-step of how you're getting the replay error?

In r1.2 for me I tried: Open the game, load a save file, open the menu, click mindblowers, click summer, scroll to 3way with trish, play, select summer, replay finishes without issue.

Reactions: arms99

arms99

May 11, 2018
In r1.2 for me I tried: Open the game, load a save file, open the menu, click mindblowers, click summer, scroll to 3way with trish, play, select summer, replay finishes without issue.
Sorry, I think it was because my saves were from r1.0. I started a new game and now it works fine.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Sorry, I think it was because my saves were from r1.0. I started a new game and now it works fine.
Yes! The best fixes are the ones that fix themselves! Sorry you had to endure that but I'm glad it got sorted, and sorry that it mucked up your saves for the replays :cry:.

As for the prefs not carrying into replays, I'm looking into it.

Thanks for all your help troubleshooting this issue!

Edit:
And instantly after I finish posting r1.4 after having worked all day on it, I find a solution to the preferences issue, sigh... r1.5 tomorrow I guess..

Last edited:
Reactions: arms99

Anthony222

Jan 18, 2020
So I deleted the lib and renpy folders and placed the ones from another game bad bobby saga and placed them in there and sadly it still didn't work, its ok though tomorrow I'm going to best buy and get a new pc, and hopefully the pc im getting can play games like these

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes