Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
what should i do here
For the moment, you can safely hit ignore to continue (its just checking for extra dialogue). If you're in a replay and seeing this issue, it is cased by older save data acting in a strange way. If you are in the main game and seeing this issue then you found a new bug I need to fix :cry:

I'm a bit confused, which bugfix should i use for the PC version?
Two options for patches depending on what version you already have. The first bugfix file will work for any version (it's all patches rolled into one). The second bug fix file is just the changes for 1.3 and 1.4 (so its a smaller file), you need to be on r1.2 or r1.3 to use the second fix file.

Yeah, I know it's a bit of a mess, the engine upgrade mucked everything up because it's thousands of files to unpack. It will be much cleaner after the next content update.

Shenaniganzz

Jun 4, 2017
I have to say, thank you for taking on this project! I really liked everything the other developer was providing, but there were so many bugs and repeated items each update and it was quite unclear where we were in the story with each release. I haven't played this yet, but I will soon.

Reactions: Night Mirror

spike0000

Jul 12, 2017
I like this game much.

But I think free roaming mode can be improved putting some repeatable scenes when we talk to the characters.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I like this game much.

But I think free roaming mode can be improved putting some repeatable scenes when we talk to the characters.
There is no free roam in this renpy remake version. This version is a liner story of all the events in the Unity game. Including a sandbox would be a complete redesign from the ground up. Repeatable scenes are available through the gallery (Mind Blowers).

BL4Z3ST0RM

May 18, 2018
Been playing this for the past... I don't know how many hours now, and only decided to stop seeing as I'm too fucking tired to keep going

Good port OP Very entertaining

Although I do gotta say, I found there to be a LOOOT of spelling/grammar errors, not too many to be unreadable, I think, out of all the lines I've read so far, only about ~2 sentences made absolutely no sense what so ever (pure gibberish almost) although that only lasted for a single sentence, and the lines afterwards made it easy to keep up still with the plot

So all in all, great port with amazing pacing!

Keep up the good work! c:

(Personal Note:
Fucking hell there's a lot of foot fetish stuff going on here... not the biggest fan but at least it doesn't scare me away, still think it's a bit excessive IMO)

EDIT: To put it into context just how much time I spent on this game today, i started ~~Early-mid morning today (~8-9AM or so) and it's currently 7:40PM, and I've gone all the way till a certain "But Massage" scene
All in just one day (/EDIT/)

dingdangdaniel

May 26, 2019
Am I being an idiot or is there no APK file or anything when you download the Android version? Or do I install the game another way?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Although I do gotta say, I found there to be a LOOOT of spelling/grammar errors, not too many to be unreadable, I think, out of all the lines I've read so far, only about ~2 sentences made absolutely no sense what so ever (pure gibberish almost) although that only lasted for a single sentence, and the lines afterwards made it easy to keep up still with the plot

So all in all, great port with amazing pacing!

Keep up the good work! c:

(Personal Note:
Fucking hell there's a lot of foot fetish stuff going on here... not the biggest fan but at least it doesn't scare me away, still think it's a bit excessive IMO)

EDIT: To put it into context just how much time I spent on this game today, i started ~~Early-mid morning today (~8-9AM or so) and it's currently 7:40PM, and I've gone all the way till a certain "But Massage" scene
All in just one day (/EDIT/)
I'm still working to track down all the mispelking, err, misspellings. Some are from the original, some from my capture process and some from me.

It would be really helpful (and very much appreciated) if you could share some of what you found so I can correct it (the general location is all I really need, but specific examples are also great!). Obviously, only if you feel up to and no rush.

Until I was remaking this game, I never realized how much foot stuff their was in this game, but yeah, there is a LOT of it. I didn't add any extra, feet aren't my thing, but I also didn't cut back any as I tried to include as much of the original images as I could.

As to length, knew it was big, but it never clicked for me until the very end. I mean, I had been working on it for months and every time I looked at my task list I was like holy shit, so much more to do. But that never translated into game length in my brain.

Then, when I was finally done and ready for a fully playthrough (I had been doing mostly scene spot checks up until this point with some minor play throughs via skip or command line jumping), I thought, yeah, but it just feels big because I building it, I'm sure I can knock this out in like, what, 4, 5 hours? HAHAHA... fucking six days later... granted, some of that was also making adjustments and fixes, but, damn. I'd play all day long and be like wait, I only progressed 3 days in game today!? WTF!

Am I being an idiot or is there no APK file or anything when you download the Android version? Or do I install the game another way?
I haven't tried downloading to android directly to see what happens (I've only tried transferring via cable from my computer), but no reason you shouldn't have the apk file someone on your device after a download.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Some spelling errors:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Bam! Fixed! Thank you so much for your continued help with this, it really is huge! It was very unlikely I would have been able to find any of these myself. Spelling... is not my strongest skill, I heavily depend on auto correct to find my mistakes, and that can't tell me when I've totally picked the wrong word.

Looking forward to more if you want to keep helping me with this! Well, I mean, realistically, I wish there were no more and it was all correct, but hahaha that's not remotely the case.

Reactions: LeonJKennedy

Skunktail

Jun 4, 2017
deeply enjoying the game so far but ive had some issues

Last edited:

thewavyd

Jul 23, 2020
Thanks for the port Night Mirror!

Been running into a small glitch on Day 18, something related to the Summer zoo variable. I was able to click Ignore to skip through, but had to do it several times.

Here's the traceback:

Thanks again for all the hard work :)
Oh and you may want to Ctrl+F "Bard" and replace with "Brad", that got through in a few spots of dialogue.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
deeply enjoying the game so far but ive had some issues
Thanks for the port Night Mirror!

Been running into a small glitch on Day 18, something related to the Summer zoo variable. I was able to click Ignore to skip through, but had to do it several times.

Here's the traceback:

Thanks again for all the hard work :)
Oh and you may want to Ctrl+F "Bard" and replace with "Brad", that got through in a few spots of dialogue.
Sigh, I was really hoping this wouldn't be the case with older version save files, but I think the update from r1.1 to r1.2 did indeed break this.

Are you encountering this issue in the main game, or during replays? If it's in replays then this is indeed caused by an older save file with a different version of the variable (its got the same name, but renpy thinks it's different internally).

If it's in the main game... fuuuuck I think a new save might be the best solution.

Sadly I'm not sure if I can patch to resolve the issue (I did put something in place when you transition days, but if that isn't fixing the issue, I'm not sure I can do much more). I have an idea, but I'm gonna need some time to test it.

Also, thanks for the heads up about Bard, I mean Brad! I have fixed it as of r1.4 and some other typos. I'm working my way through the whole game right now, along with the help of some awesome other players to try and find them all!

Edit:
Alright, I can reproduce the issue in replays after loading an old save. I still can't get it in the main game, so if it's happening there please let me know and I'll need some more info. I do now have a fix for it but I'm in the process of working on r1.5 and it's not ready yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: thewavyd

thewavyd

Jul 23, 2020
Sigh, I was really hoping this wouldn't be the case with older version save files, but I think the update from r1.1 to r1.2 did indeed break this.

Are you encountering this issue in the main game, or during replays? If it's in replays then this is indeed caused by an older save file with a different version of the variable (its got the same name, but renpy thinks it's different internally).

If it's in the main game... fuuuuck I think a new save might be the best solution.

Sadly I'm not sure if I can patch to resolve the issue (I did put something in place when you transition days, but if that isn't fixing the issue, I'm not sure I can do much more). I have an idea, but I'm gonna need some time to test it.

Also, thanks for the heads up about Bard, I mean Brad! I have fixed it as of r1.4 and some other typos. I'm working my way through the whole game right now, along with the help of some awesome other players to try and find them all!
Main game for me, and this is actually not an old save. I downloaded 1.2, patched to 1.3, then started playing for the first time. Only thing I can think of is sometimes I take a path then rollback and take another path, could this be screwing up the flags?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Main game for me, and this is actually not an old save. I downloaded 1.2, patched to 1.3, then started playing for the first time. Only thing I can think of is sometimes I take a path then rollback and take another path, could this be screwing up the flags?
Alright, that's a new one... Rollback shouldn't impact this, all the flags are setup at the start of the game. I will try and reproduce it on my end.

Last edited:
Reactions: thewavyd

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
thewavyd
I can't get it to happen here. I start with a fresh version of r1.2, patch to 1.3, start a new game. Skip through, roll back some choices and pick different ones. Play through day 18 without error.

This is a board scope of where something might have gone wrong so I need a bit more detail to get a handle on the issue.

Do you have a previous save you can try loading and skipping back to where you're at and see if you still get the error?
Is it only "summer" that is giving the issue in the error message or is it popping up with other character names too?

thewavyd

Jul 23, 2020
I loaded my next most previous save on Day 15 with Beth and that immediately broke, so I must've somehow corrupted my save. Not sure how, but I'll start a new save and let you know if I run into more issues. Loaded back a bit further and the movie theatre event with Summer was broken too.

Robert rivers

Feb 6, 2018
The original game but with a lot of fixes, and some new scenes that, actually would be in the original, but with all the strange bugs the original has, I can't even know if they are new or they were there but I couldn't see them for a bug stoping my progress, this game is what it should be originaly, amazing job, I rater play this instead of the original haha, and I forgot to mention the new dialogue, the ones in the original are good as they are, I started skipping them in this version, but once I noticed they are different but hilarious, I started all over again, really great job, a fan of this haha

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 96 Votes