aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
Honestly at this point I am at a complete loss as to feel about the Ferdafs release.
Just now dropping an introduction to Vindicators content actually seems bad for this version which is far superior, although probably easy enough to fit in somewhere I think the final main story wrap up is really a much much better way to go.
When I first noticed Ferdafs update I was thinking some Season 7 content but instead seems big setup for a so so side story.

In short I would not fault NightMirror in the least for continuing as planned as of nothing has been added to original game ....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thank you for answering quickly and informative.
I've another beginner question. Why do the characters get a body upgrade? The artwork is awesome but the "plastic surgery?"
Hot take (I've been the odd one out on the "on model" debate in cartoon/anime/rule 34 circles for a long time), but I actually like that the art style is flexible.

Maybe it's because I got exposed to comedic/gag anime at a young age, but I'm very used to artstyles that are willing to go off model intentionally (FLCL/Panty and Stocking/Golden Boy/etc.). Had Ferdafs stuck to the show's designs more firmly than he does, I don't think the erotic content would be as appealing (super on model art of adult cartoons especially tends to come off more funny to me). Conversely, if he sexed up the designs universally, the characters would feel a lot less like themselves. The hybrid "Looks like the show until it's time for detail" approach is actually one I really like.

billbenson123

May 8, 2023
hey ive been following this project for like 6 years now, just wanna say thank you guys for the amazing work you do and i cant wait to see what comes next. cheers!

13Destructer666

Aug 8, 2022
Progress Report #4 JUN 24 @ 06:55 UTC:
Who has two thumbs and just finished putting in all the new content? That's right! ME! DONNEEE! WUT WUT!

Well, I mean, not "done" done. I haven't checked any of it to make sure the thing doesn't instantly error out and crash, let alone started looking for mistakes, typos, plot holes, regular holes, whole-holes, you know, the normal things.

I'm not done for today. My current plan is to do some testing and make sure it is (mostly) playble then toss together a BETA build to get the editing ball rolling on stuff. Lots of little parts are still incomplete, but again, all the content is (should) be in the game.

So what is the ETA? When can you play it?

Eh, not as soon as you're most likely hoping for. I still have a LOT of work to do on Part 6 (more left to do there then all of what I've done for this implementation). Still need to do editing and testing, as well as lots of little additions (such as updating the Mind Blowers and Do Over pages). So, no release date yet, but as always, I'll be pretty active in thread giving you all progress reports as I have interesting things to share.

Anyhow... Back to it. Thanks for staying awesome.
I have just one question:

The "Uncompressed_Images.zip" contains the "images.rpa" uncompressed, but not the animated scenes in "movies.rpa". Could you also publish them uncompressed?
I would be very grateful, because in the last scenes that were added, it was already noticeable...

Last edited:
Reactions: ARMARATRON

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I have just one question:

The "Uncompressed_Images.zip" contains the "images.rpa" uncompressed, but not the animated scenes in "movies.rpa". Could you also publish them uncompressed?
I would be very grateful, because in the last scenes that were added, it was already noticeable...
Unfortunately, the uncompress video files are too big. Right now, they are just over 12GB 7.6GB (845 videos). The massive size increase is not worth the slight quality improvement. The uncompressed images are also huge (originally around 6GB), but I was able to optimize them through image slicing, a process I can't do for video files.

If I could ever figure out how to bring the Live2D animations over, those could have a better quality, but I've spent more then a hundred hours trying and I'm no closer to a resolution.

Lastly, I had a capture issue with the previous update. I've re-captured the images and video from 3.9, and put them out as a big fix (r3.9.1). They will also be included in the r4.0 update.

Last edited:

sirviper235

Apr 21, 2017
To go a bit with what i said in the other thread/main games thread about why the vindicators is such an odd choice for this espcially to not foucus on supernova like would..Make sense.

If your gonna do these 2 random side girls that were in only a spin off, at least do more than foreplay stuff. This feels kinda pointless. Also if they are gonna just make up a 'junior vindicators' thing for pubclity....

Why not just run with that and create some OC's? Make like 2 or 3 other teen vindicators wananbe's that are like a stand in for the teen titans or something that Morty gets paired with as the 'next generation'

It would at least be something interesting and let Ferdafs get creative with an original desgin or the like.

Mind you im not saying it wouldbe GOOD cause this random pivot and foucus on characters nobody really cared for or asked for isn't that good to beginw ith.

Im just saying to at least do SOMETHING interesting that could be a hook for this.

Reactions: lunar_walker

13Destructer666

Aug 8, 2022
Unfortunately, the uncompress video files are too big. Right now, they are just over 12GB 7.6GB (845 videos). The massive size increase is not worth the slight quality improvement. The uncompressed images are also huge (originally around 6GB), but I was able to optimize them through image slicing, a process I can't do for video files.

If I could ever figure out how to bring the Live2D animations over, those could have a better quality, but I've spent more then a hundred hours trying and I'm no closer to a resolution.

Lastly, I had a capture issue with the previous update. I've re-captured the images and video from 3.9, and put them out as a big fix (r3.9.1). They will also be included in the r4.0 update.
Is the problem the file hosting? Because if you simply uploaded the recompressed files separately, the standard would still not be too big.
For me the disk space is not a problem, I think it is similar for many others... In addition, the difference in the number of pixels from 720p to 1080p is 225%.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Is the problem the file hosting? Because if you simply uploaded the recompressed files separately, the standard would still not be too big.
For me the disk space is not a problem, I think it is similar for many others... In addition, the difference in the number of pixels from 720p to 1080p is 225%.
The two main reasons are time and size. It already takes me the better part of a day to do a normal deployment for updates. Add 23~GBs (3x uploads of a 7.6~GB file) and that is an extra day of uploads just for that.

The videos are NOT 720p, nor are the images, they (should) all be 1080p 30fps (a few hand edits are 24fps, due to some limitations in software I was using early on, but most of these have since been "fixed"). I did consider doing a size reduction for video as well, but after testing the space savings vs quality loss wasn't worth it (about 300mbs in saving to go to 720 video).

Again, the quality boost isn't that great imo. I use YAC to reduce the file size, and my (addmitadly limited) understanding of it, is the reduction comes in the color range. If you want to see what the videos looks like uncompressed, take a peek at the Unity game, which is the source quality (although, even the captures are slightly reduced, as I capture them as mp4 (ranging from roughly 30~100mbs each, then export them as webm files (down to 117kb-28MB)).

For the most part, I can only see a difference if I look at them side-by-side, and even then, it is mostly just color.

Sadly, I just don't think it is worth the additional time (on my end). Possibly when the game is all done, I'll do it as a one time thing.

13Destructer666

Aug 8, 2022
The two main reasons are time and size. It already takes me the better part of a day to do a normal deployment for updates. Add 23~GBs (3x uploads of a 7.6~GB file) and that is an extra day of uploads just for that.

The videos are NOT 720p, nor are the images, they (should) all be 1080p 30fps (a few hand edits are 24fps, due to some limitations in software I was using early on, but most of these have since been "fixed"). I did consider doing a size reduction for video as well, but after testing the space savings vs quality loss wasn't worth it (about 300mbs in saving to go to 720 video).

Again, the quality boost isn't that great imo. I use YAC to reduce the file size, and my (addmitadly limited) understanding of it, is the reduction comes in the color range. If you want to see what the videos looks like uncompressed, take a peek at the Unity game, which is the source quality (although, even the captures are slightly reduced, as I capture them as mp4 (ranging from roughly 30~100mbs each, then export them as webm files (down to 117kb-28MB)).

For the most part, I can only see a difference if I look at them side-by-side, and even then, it is mostly just color.

Sadly, I just don't think it is worth the additional time (on my end). Possibly when the game is all done, I'll do it as a one time thing.
Thank you for taking the time. I can now better understand you.

Greetings.

Reactions: LordBig2000
4.90 star(s) 96 Votes