cxvii

Mar 29, 2022
This might seem out of context and pretty bizarre from me to suggest.

Suggestion: After this whole saving the family or during the event, Morty fucks the garage and/or Rick's car. Cuz they both got the femine voiceline, and you know Morty, he will squanch any girl he sees. So maybe they get to have their ai conscience transferred into a sex robot just like a Gwendolyn, or Rick's car can transform into a feminine humanoid robot, or Morty gets in the car and it deposits a hyper-realistic robotic onahole, like any sex toy.

But taken out of context sounds uttery bizarre lmfao. DanceMortyGIF.gif

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r4.0 Status: IN PROGRESS
Release Date: July?

r4.0 Task List

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Progress Report #6 JUN 25 @ 08:15 UTC
Progress Report #5 JUN 24 @ 19:25 UTC
Progress Report #4 JUN 24 @ 06:55 UTC
Progress Report #3 JUN 24 @ 02:15 UTC
Progress Report #2 JUN 23 @ 11:45 UTC

Progress Report #1 JUN 23 @ 03:15 UTC:
I have to admit, as much as I have been hoping for a Unity content drop, I was not really expecting one. Yet here we are, with new content! Sadly, not too much (and personally not to my taste in characters all one-off side-characters, sigh...), but content none the less.

I have started the first steps (pulling out dialogue, images, and videos), and it looks like I have to assemble a number of new character models (that will look no where near as cool in the renpy version). Overall, the update seems pretty short. I haven't counted everything up, but image extraction usually takes me a few hours. I screwed it up the first time, so I had to capture twice, and it was still very fast. I don't expect the turn around on this too be all that long.

Except, I still have Part 6 to deal with. Which, while close to done, is a LOT more work then putting in the new content. For now, the plan is still to include Part 6 and the new Unity update in r4.0. If it really bogs the project down, I'll push it back.

When I hit mile stones, I'll post updates in thread.

I do ask again that if you decide to play the Unity version, please try and keep spoilers in this thread to a minimum.

As always, thanks for being awesome!

Last edited:

Ntrsugar

Dec 27, 2020
This might seem out of context and pretty bizarre from me to suggest.

Suggestion: After this whole saving the family or during the event, Morty fucks the garage and/or Rick's car. Cuz they both got the femine voiceline, and you know Morty, he will squanch any girl he sees. So maybe they get to have their ai conscience transferred into a sex robot just like a Gwendolyn, or Rick's car can transform into a feminine humanoid robot, or Morty gets in the car and it deposits a hyper-realistic robotic onahole, like any sex toy.

But taken out of context sounds uttery bizarre lmfao. View attachment 3761292
I wholeheartedly support you .
This is GENIUS

Ntrsugar

Dec 27, 2020
Release Date: TBD

r4.0 Task List

I have to admit, as much as I have been hoping for a Unity content drop, I was not really expecting one. Yet here we are, with new content! Sadly, not too much (and personally not to my taste in characters all one-off side-characters, sigh...), but content none the less.

I have started the first steps (pulling out dialogue, images, and videos), and it looks like I have to assemble a number of new character models (that will look no where near as cool in the renpy version). Overall, the update seems pretty short. I haven't counted everything up, but image extraction usually takes me a few hours. I screwed it up the first time, so I had to capture twice, and it was still very fast. I don't expect the turn around on this too be all that long.

Except, I still have Part 6 to deal with. Which, while close to done, is a LOT more work then putting in the new content. For now, the plan is still to include Part 6 and the new Unity update in r4.0. If it really bogs the project down, I'll push it back.

I do ask again that if you decide to play the Unity version, please try and keep spoilers in this thread to a minimum.

You are appreciated brother.

danishfrost

Jul 1, 2021
im sorry about asking but why does it seem like Ferdafs dont want there to be a story in his game and kinda just make content willy nilly and i fucking hope that its not like he takes a few months and puts out something we can beat in about 5 mins

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Progress Report #2 JUN 23 @ 11:45 UTC:
Image slicing is all done (mostly painless) and character assembly is completed (3 new characters that have a bunch of parts, and several others that are just a single image with expressions).

It should have gone a bit faster, but I fell down a rabbit hole trying to get one of the characters to have a neat effect that's in the Unity version. While it seemed straight forward, I just couldn't get it to work after hours of tinkering and searching code. But I did finally get it figured out! So, pretty happy about that.

Next session will be implementation, putting everything into the game. But for now, it's time for a break on my end, I have been at this for... well a lot of time today. Planning to devote all of my next work day to the project.

Anyhow, thanks for staying awesome!

lunar_walker

Sep 30, 2017
Progress Report #2 JUN 23 @ 11:45 UTC:
Image slicing is all done (mostly painless) and character assembly is completed (3 new characters that have a bunch of parts, and several others that are just a single image with expressions).

It should have gone a bit faster, but I fell down a rabbit hole trying to get one of the characters to have a neat effect that's in the Unity version. While it seemed straight forward, I just couldn't get it to work after hours of tinkering and searching code. But I did finally get it figured out! So, pretty happy about that.

Next session will be implementation, putting everything into the game. But for now, it's time for a break on my end, I have been at this for... well a lot of time today. Planning to devote all of my next work day to the project.

Anyhow, thanks for staying awesome!
Don't kill yourself on our part. We all appreciate what you are doing but your health (physical, mental and emotional) should come before any project done for fun.

illiono

Jul 9, 2019
Sadly, not too much (and personally not to my taste in characters all one-off side-characters, sigh...), but content none the less.
Will you add some rape content with them? I understand that characters being in love with morty makes them hard to fit, but one-off characters would make a great opportunity to go back to good ol times :3)

Nanocide

Apr 6, 2021
Will you add some rape content with them? I understand that characters being in love with morty makes them hard to fit, but one-off characters would make a great opportunity to go back to good ol times :3)
I do like lady katana tbh and the vindicators def seem like a route that could do one off rape with considering I doubt ferdaf actually has story plans for them

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Don't kill yourself on our part. We all appreciate what you are doing but your health (physical, mental and emotional) should come before any project done for fun.
This is what I enjoy doing, the content implementation (over the creation). So mainly, I'm going hard on it, because this is the fun part for me.

Haven't started in on the implementation yet (doing the last of the prep work first, image structure, exporting characters model, and editing/export video animation), but the answer is most likely no for this one. I'm just looking to implement, not to do a major rework on the content.

Jul 16, 2022
my brother's in gaming arm's he has done it.
Rick and Morty - A Way Back Home [v4.0] [Ferdafs]
We know dude. Night Mirror is working at Sonic Speed on his side with this version now. Not being rude here, but sometimes it could be beneficial to read at least one or two previous post to see what's going on before posting.

Sommion

Apr 13, 2018
Release Date: TBD

r4.0 Task List

Progress Report #2 JUN 23 @ 11:45 UTC

Take your time, i would like to see the part 6 included with the Ferdafs´s update, so if you finish the new scenes but not the part 6, we can wait till you finish it.

Last edited:
Reactions: pizza15x

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Progress Report #3 JUN 24 @ 02:15 UTC:
Alright, scene #1 of 3 down!

This first part took a LOT longer than I wanted it to. However, a big chuck of today has been dedicated to prep work. I thought I had finished pretty much all the prep work in the last session, but nope, not even close. I had forgotten just how much crap is needed (and adding new models took a lot of time). Video exports and building layeredimage code for new characters, plus making it work for the new scenes, is simply a lot of little things that add up to hours of time before I can start actually doing the implementation.

Outside of Part 6, scene #1 is most likely the slowest of the scenes to put together. It is a LOT of pose work (instead of images, which are MUCH faster). This scene has a LOT of characters on screen at the same time, each one needing expressions set per dialogue change (and it still needs more clean up, this was mostly just the matching pass). I am really glad I built a tool to help with posing, this would be a nightmare otherwise.

I'll give it a very quick once over (mostly looking for crashes or glaring errors) but then it's on to scene #2! Which, again, hopefully will be faster.

Next progress report after I finish the next scene!

As always, thanks for staying awesome.

4.90 star(s) 97 Votes