MalkavianVamp

Feb 22, 2023
Progress Report #3 JUN 24 @ 02:15 UTC:
Alright, scene #1 of 3 down!

This first part took a LOT longer than I wanted it to. However, a big chuck of today has been dedicated to prep work. I thought I had finished pretty much all the prep work in the last session, but nope, not even close. I had forgotten just how much crap is needed (and adding new models took a lot of time). Video exports and building layeredimage code for new characters, plus making it work for the new scenes, is simply a lot of little things that add up to hours of time before I can start actually doing the implementation.

Outside of Part 6, scene #1 is most likely the slowest of the scenes to put together. It is a LOT of pose work (instead of images, which are MUCH faster). This scene has a LOT of characters on screen at the same time, each one needing expressions set per dialogue change (and it still needs more clean up, this was mostly just the matching pass). I am really glad I built a tool to help with posing, this would be a nightmare otherwise.

I'll give it a very quick once over (mostly looking for crashes or glaring errors) but then it's on to scene #2! Which, again, hopefully will be faster.

Next progress report after I finish the next scene!

As always, thanks for staying awesome.
Thanks

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Progress Report #4 JUN 24 @ 06:55 UTC:
Who has two thumbs and just finished putting in all the new content? That's right! ME! DONNEEE! WUT WUT!

Well, I mean, not "done" done. I haven't checked any of it to make sure the thing doesn't instantly error out and crash, let alone started looking for mistakes, typos, plot holes, regular holes, whole-holes, you know, the normal things.

I'm not done for today. My current plan is to do some testing and make sure it is (mostly) playble then toss together a BETA build to get the editing ball rolling on stuff. Lots of little parts are still incomplete, but again, all the content is (should) be in the game.

So what is the ETA? When can you play it?

Eh, not as soon as you're most likely hoping for. I still have a LOT of work to do on Part 6 (more left to do there then all of what I've done for this implementation). Still need to do editing and testing, as well as lots of little additions (such as updating the Mind Blowers and Do Over pages). So, no release date yet, but as always, I'll be pretty active in thread giving you all progress reports as I have interesting things to share.

Anyhow... Back to it. Thanks for staying awesome.

danishfrost

Jul 1, 2021
Who has two thumbs and just finished putting in all the new content? That's right! ME! DONNEEE! WUT WUT!

Well, I mean, not "done" done. I haven't checked any of it to make sure the thing doesn't instantly error out and crash, let alone started looking for mistakes, typos, plot holes, regular holes, whole-holes, you know, the normal things.

I'm not done for today. My current plan is to do some testing and make sure it is (mostly) playble then toss together a BETA build to get the editing ball rolling on stuff. Lots of little parts are still incomplete, but again, all the content is (should) be in the game.

Eh, not as soon as you're most likely hoping for. I still have a LOT of work to do on Part 6 (more left to do there then all of what I've done for this implementation). Still need to do editing and testing, as well as lots of little additions (such as updating the Mind Blowers and Do Over pages). So, no release date yet, but as always, I'll be pretty active in thread giving you all progress reports as I have interesting things to share.

i really appreciate that you make a story cause for some reason as far as i can see Ferdafs doesnt make any story and i look forward to seeing what you have come up with next and sorry about saying this but i kinda hope we get to fuck space-beth but if not then ok since i think you know best what should happen in your story

Giovany

Jun 25, 2017

thank you for your work

Reactions: pizza15x

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Progress Report #5 JUN 24 @ 19:25 UTC:
I have sent out the first BETA build for review by aaronminus and am pending corrections.

On my end, the next major task is working on Part 6. I expected to have this whole next week to slow roll it, but then the new version dropped and messed up those plans (but holy shit, am I glad I finally buckled down and started working hard on it this month or it would have had to be dropped out of this update). Not sure how long it's going to take, but I have some time while I wait for editing.

I also need to draw blinks for the new scenes (maybe), as well as lots of other minor fixes/polish throughout.

For now, the Mind Blowers for the Vindicators will be in Other (the Pulmbus), but if they get more scenes, they will get a character button of their own.

While I still don't have a release date to give, I will at least say, not this month. Some time in July for sure, but not in June. A better estimate as we move things along.

Anyhow, thanks for being awesome.

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Progress Report #6 JUN 25 @ 08:15 UTC:
Part 6 completed (that is the next Conclusion story segment for anyone who doesn't know)!

It did indeed end up taking more time to finish wrapping Part 6 then it took to implement all of the new content (not counting the prep work needed for the new content). But it's finished and playable (without crashing) so that is a step in the right direction!

I've sent out a new BETA build for editing, but I expect it to be some time before Part 6 gets looked at, as the Unity game content is ahead of it in que, and that needs a lot more attention.

Next up on my end is more play testing and dialogue review, and maybe even drawing some blinks (HAHA... no... no...)! Mostly just looking for things I can polish up, or game breaking bugs I've introduced.

Anyhow, this will most likely be the last rapid fire progress report for a while. As the editing is in someone else's hands, there isn't much for me to report on. When something interesting happens, I'll do another progress report.

Thanks for staying awesome!

danishfrost

Jul 1, 2021
Part 6
completed (that is the next Conclusion story segment for anyone who doesn't know)!

It did indeed end up taking more time to finish wrapping Part 6 then it took to implement all of the new content (not counting the prep work needed for the new content). But it's finished and playable (without crashing) so that is a step in the right direction!

I've sent out a new BETA build for editing, but I expect it to be some time before Part 6 gets looked at, as the Unity game content is ahead of it in que, and that needs a lot more attention.

Next up on my end is more play testing and dialogue review, and maybe even drawing some blinks (HAHA... no... no...)! Mostly just looking for things I can polish up, or game breaking bugs I've introduced.

Anyhow, this will most likely be the last rapid fire progress report for a while. As the editing is in someone else's hands, there isn't much for me to report on. When something interesting happens, I'll do another progress report.

im sorry about asking but does this mean the story you came up with close to being out alongside hopefully the same update as part 6 i really hope so but if not ok

Loekie

Jul 29, 2017
Part 6
completed (that is the next Conclusion story segment for anyone who doesn't know)!

<3 Thank you for your work <3

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
im sorry about asking but does this mean the story you came up with close to being out alongside hopefully the same update as part 6 i really hope so but if not ok
Part 6 is the name of the new conclusion content, not a separate update. It will be included in the release for r4.0.

(yes, I know it's confusing, but didn't ever expect the game to continue with new update from Ferdafs, so, it is what it is).

DrLaughter

Feb 13, 2018
Part 6 is the name of the new conclusion content, not a separate update. It will be included in the release for r4.0.

(yes, I know it's confusing, but didn't ever expect the game to continue with new update from Ferdafs, so, it is what it is).
Just commenting to say you are doing a stellar job, and it's appreciated by the community greatly.

Blank8571

Aug 23, 2019
Honestly at this point I am at a complete loss as to feel about the Ferdafs release.
Just now dropping an introduction to Vindicators content actually seems bad for this version which is far superior, although probably easy enough to fit in somewhere I think the final main story wrap up is really a much much better way to go.
When I first noticed Ferdafs update I was thinking some Season 7 content but instead seems big setup for a so so side story.

In short I would not fault NightMirror in the least for continuing as planned as of nothing has been added to original game ....

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
This might seem out of context and pretty bizarre from me to suggest.

Suggestion: After this whole saving the family or during the event, Morty fucks the garage and/or Rick's car. Cuz they both got the femine voiceline, and you know Morty, he will squanch any girl he sees. So maybe they get to have their ai conscience transferred into a sex robot just like a Gwendolyn, or Rick's car can transform into a feminine humanoid robot, or Morty gets in the car and it deposits a hyper-realistic robotic onahole, like any sex toy.

But taken out of context sounds uttery bizarre lmfao. View attachment 3761292
I didn't miss this one, things just got a bit hectic over the past few days for me.

Morty has already had some sexy time with the car, a HJ, and some fun times with Summer there. While, not impossible Ferdafs might do some additional content with the car, it doesn't feel that likely.

At the moment, I'm not taking new scene requests, so sadly, this is unlikely to be something I ever add to the game. But feel free to make it a mod if it's something you really want to have.

Honestly at this point I am at a complete loss as to feel about the Ferdafs release.
Just now dropping an introduction to Vindicators content actually seems bad for this version which is far superior, although probably easy enough to fit in somewhere I think the final main story wrap up is really a much much better way to go.
When I first noticed Ferdafs update I was thinking some Season 7 content but instead seems big setup for a so so side story.

In short I would not fault NightMirror in the least for continuing as planned as of nothing has been added to original game ....
My thoughts on the new content:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As to why we got what we got, my guess, and it is only a guess, because Ferdafs hasn't told us, is that he is either burned out on/or not interested/excited for more scenes with Beth/Summer (they have a LOT of scenes already, and mostly what is left for them is multi character stuff).

It can be challenging to come up with new situations for them, especially if he is unwilling to move their stories forward. Pretty much ever new Beth scene still needs to be "oops we let this happen again", because her and Morty's realationship hasn't evolved at all from where it was at the start of the game.

Anyhow, things are moving along on our end. We are punching up the new content and doing a bit of restructure to make it fit within the confines of how the Renpy game is laid out.

How come Morty never hooked up with Tammy? Has any developer answer or mention it?
There are several characters that appear in show that haven't gotten any real attention (some that haven't even appeared in game).

Specifically for Tammy, in the Unity version, Morty is very freaked out that she might be a Spy for the Galactic Federation, but we never really see her outside of one scene. So, who know why Ferdafs hasn't done more with her (or, any other character for that matter).

Bigbrownboob

Mar 3, 2024
Thank you for answering quickly and informative.
I've another beginner question. Why do the characters get a body upgrade? The artwork is awesome but the "plastic surgery?"

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Why do the characters get a body upgrade? The artwork is awesome but the "plastic surgery?"
Yeah, I've always found it odd that the sexy scenes are drawn one way (in Ferdafs style), and the standing models in another (in the style of the show). I'm not sure why Ferdafs chose that way to do it? I remember it really bothering me when I first started playing the Unity version however long ago it came out, but having now worked on this project for (holy shit, almost four years?!) I just sort of have to accept it at this point.

All I can do is guess as to why, but I think it's just a style choice?

kenta16807

Oct 1, 2020
Yeah, I've always found it odd that the sexy scenes are drawn one way (in Ferdafs style), and the standing models in another (in the style of the show). I'm not sure why Ferdafs chose that way to do it? I remember it really bothering me when I first started playing the Unity version however long ago it came out, but having now worked on this project for (holy shit, almost four years?!) I just sort of have to accept it at this point.

All I can do is guess as to why, but I think it's just a style choice?
In the beginning they were at least two, Ferdafs and Fenkata1 forming fantasydisaster.

Fenkata1 doing 'most of the content' and Ferdafs doing the coding.

So there might be more than one artist involved.

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes