kenta16807

Oct 1, 2020
Or 6 days ago...where have you seen a newer version ?

EDIT: Ah, I see the mods updated the thread...

kenta16807

Oct 1, 2020
Thank {prefered.deity}, almost got excited there.

Can't get excited this close to bedtime....Good night brethren and sisthren :sleep:

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
I hope you all enjoyed the last version. I'm curious how helpful the scene selector and new do over systems were for you. And if anyone liked/used the uncompressed images patch and it is something I should keep doing going forward. Feedback is very helpful as I can't read minds (that you know of).
Really like what you did with the day selector. I sometimes play late and when I come back to the game the next day or two, I don't always remember the last scenes in a day. I usually only save at the beginning of a day so that saves having to skip through a bunch of scenes just to get to the ones I might need a refresher on. Using the uncompressed image patch too and will continue to do so if its something you're willing to keep up with. Definitely think its something others want as well.

As for bugs, the only ones I've really noticed have to do with the Do Over menu. I already mentioned one in an earlier post, but I've noticed some of the other settings not really sticking or they update other things as well. I've had a repeat of changing one option and it somehow switching the character from a virgin to not. A newer one I noticed is that I have Morty set to have his first kiss with Morticia, but he's mentioned it was his first kiss again with someone else. Don't recall if it was Summer or Beth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Night Mirror

kimlana

Mar 10, 2022
As for bugs, the only ones I've really noticed have to do with the Do Over menu. I already mentioned one in an earlier post, but I've noticed some of the other settings not really sticking or the update other things as well. I've had a repeat of changing one option and it somehow switching the character from a virgin to not. A newer one I noticed is that I have Morty set to have his first kiss with Morticia, but he's mentioned it was his first kiss again with someone else. Don't recall if it was Summer or Beth
I believe this is actually a limitation of how Ren'py works. After changing all the settings in the DoOver menu, you must click Return and then advance one screen to essentially lock them in. Now you can save and those settings will be retained in the save games going forward. Also if you make a change in DoOver and then later rollback to a screen prior to the one you were on when you made the change, the setting gets undone.

I may not have the technical details of why it is that way, but I can confirm that was what worked for me when I encountered that problem.

As to the first kiss dialog, originally the "first" kiss for Morticia was mandatory, so the game explained it away as "doesn't really count" so you could have a REAL TRUE first kiss with another character if you wished. Now it's considered a first kiss, but you can skip it if you wish to give it to someone else. The dialog you saw with Summer or Beth could be an artifact from the original "kiss but didn't count" approach.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
As for bugs, the only ones I've really noticed have to do with the Do Over menu. I already mentioned one in an earlier post, but I've noticed some of the other settings not really sticking or they update other things as well. I've had a repeat of changing one option and it somehow switching the character from a virgin to not. A newer one I noticed is that I have Morty set to have his first kiss with Morticia, but he's mentioned it was his first kiss again with someone else. Don't recall if it was Summer or Beth.
Will add it onto my bug list and see if I can fix it all up for the next game version.

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
What is uncompressed images? Should I use it with the game?
The images in the game are compressed normally because compression algorithms are actually very smart, and you can get a result that would be considered of high quality by most, while being efficient with hard drive space.

Uncompressed is for those that do not worry about hard drive space, or their bandwidth. If you’re willing to double the size of the game for a 5-10~% fidelity gain, this is for you.

Reactions: wibbled

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
Update Vr3.6
I did a quick translation to Portuguese, it is not a professional translation, and a simply amateur translation.

-------------------------------------------------- ------------
Atualização Vr3.6
Fiz uma tradução para o português, não e uma Tradução profissional, e uma tradução simplesmente amadora.

1649009437974.png

1649009468541.png

1649009612293.png

Tradução com pouca revisão pra versão [r3.6]

PS: Depois eu faço a revisão dos textos em quanto jogo

Rick and Morty Another Way Home [r3.6] Mega
I updated the files to vr3.6 , as I had to redo all the files , I have to redo a review again , then I do it , if you find an error in the codes let me know so I can make a correction petch
---------------------------------------
fiz a atualização dos arquivos para a vr3.6 , como tive que refazer todos os arquivos , tenho que fazer uma revisão novamente , depois eu faço ela , se acharem um erro nos codigos avise para eu fazer um patch de correção

Reactions: Night Mirror

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
I believe this is actually a limitation of how Ren'py works. After changing all the settings in the DoOver menu, you must click Return and then advance one screen to essentially lock them in. Now you can save and those settings will be retained in the save games going forward. Also if you make a change in DoOver and then later rollback to a screen prior to the one you were on when you made the change, the setting gets undone.

I may not have the technical details of why it is that way, but I can confirm that was what worked for me when I encountered that problem.

As to the first kiss dialog, originally the "first" kiss for Morticia was mandatory, so the game explained it away as "doesn't really count" so you could have a REAL TRUE first kiss with another character if you wished. Now it's considered a first kiss, but you can skip it if you wish to give it to someone else. The dialog you saw with Summer or Beth could be an artifact from the original "kiss but didn't count" approach.
Well the thing if I changed some random option it would instantly update another one. Going back out of the menu, advancing the scene, and returning to the menu and the 2nd thing it updated was still there. For example, if I load my save for day 11 and go to Summer in the Do Over menu, it'll show Swallow as Yes (even though I didn't choose that option) and if change that to No, it'll update her Virgin status from Yes to No.

As for the first kiss, it doesn't seem to be registering that I actually did choose to have the first kiss with Morticia. It certainly updated itself in the Do Over menu but I didn't skip it and when I got to the next scene where you can have a first kiss, don't remember who it was, it acted like I had skipped it. So maybe that dialog update got missed.

kimlana

Mar 10, 2022
For example, if I load my save for day 11 and go to Summer in the Do Over menu, it'll show Swallow as Yes (even though I didn't choose that option) and if change that to No, it'll update her Virgin status from Yes to No.
It's good of you to provide those extra details, really helps the developer track them down.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
it'll show Swallow as Yes (even though I didn't choose that option)
Display values were swapped, it has been fixed for the next version.

As for the first kiss, it doesn't seem to be registering that I actually did choose to have the first kiss with Morticia. It certainly updated itself in the Do Over menu but I didn't skip it and when I got to the next scene where you can have a first kiss, don't remember who it was, it acted like I had skipped it. So maybe that dialog update got missed.
Will review the script.

Reactions: JLucci

villany

Dec 8, 2018
Really loved the update, although it is kinda shame that Summer still treats Morty as just a "fuck buddy" rather than full on boyfriend. I hoped the events in this update and future dissapointments in Ethan down the line will convince Summer to ditch him completely in favor of Morty.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Really loved the update, although it is kinda shame that Summer still treats Morty as just a "fuck buddy" rather than full on boyfriend. I hoped the events in this update and future dissapointments in Ethan down the line will convince Summer to ditch him completely in favor of Morty.
Yeah, I'd really like if we ditched Ethan too (I tried to downplay him as much as I can), but I can't simply get rid of him, or events like this one won't/don't make sense. The whole reason Summer wants to go to the water park (public pool in the original) is to hang out with Ethan. Again, I am somewhat trapped within the existing content and while I can fix/change aspects of it, removing characters isn't one of the things I want to alter.

4.90 star(s) 97 Votes