Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
It is possible to add a button to hide window for android version?
So, there used to be a button on the quick bar to do this, however, there is a problem and that is, once the controls are hidden, what button do you push to get them back, everything is hidden. Exiting the app didn't fix this either and only uninstalling and reinstalling would re-enable them, so... sadly, for android, I don't have a good way to hide the dialogue window. Or, more accurately, a way to bring it back.

Windows too.
For windows, the "H" key will hide/show the dialogue window. There used to be a button, but it was getting too crowed with all the other buttons (and android problems) so I pulled it out.

Vacsters

Jul 29, 2021
With an Bluetooth keyboard h hide/show on Android too. Long press to hide/show working with renpy android?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
With an Bluetooth keyboard h hide/show on Android too. Long press to hide/show working with renpy android?
The "h" key is a part of the renpy engine, if it doesn't work with an android keyboard, that isn't something I can fix unfortunately. I looked into using gestures for android, but they appear to work inconsistently so I'm hesitant to use them. Unfortunately, for the the time being, hide just isn't in the cards for android.

Reactions: Vacsters

Vacsters

Jul 29, 2021
Hide the window for a limited time with a button it's possible? Anyway play the game on Android (dialog box opacity is very useful hehe) is really cool thanks. ^^

lucyslittlehelper

Apr 14, 2018
Night Mirror

Day: 15 (F2)
The girls see morty's hard on in the locker room, shocked at size.

Day: 26 (F1)
Feels like previous scene never happened. The girls are shocked at seeing morty's size in the hot tub, also morty initialy refusing to skinny dip (especially after locker room) seems weird.

I'm guessing the day 26 scene is older than the other one?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Night Mirror

Day: 15 (F2)
The girls see morty's hard on in the locker room, shocked at size.

Day: 26 (F1)
Feels like previous scene never happened. The girls are shocked at seeing morty's size in the hot tub, also morty initialy refusing to skinny dip (especially after locker room) seems weird.

I'm guessing the day 26 scene is older than the other one?
No, hot tub does indeed come after this scene in the original game, so more than likely just an oversight (either on my part of Ferdafs' end). There is a lot of game, and some parts just got more attention to detail than other bits.

I re-read the scene, and don't think they really overlap that much. The first one is just them looking for a distance, this one is up close and touching him.

We'll give it another looking over though at some point and possibly adjust it.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
How about hiding all but 1 button so it acts like a toggle? Not perfect but it adds one button to get back.
That's a good solution. I made some changes so it can use icons and put the mobile code in the mobile quick menu, but otherwise, it seems to work fine. Thanks for the simple solution.

Reactions: paxogre

Dorat1

Dec 31, 2017
I haven't gotten that far in the game yet but from poking arounf in the do over tab I see that JEssica doesn't have a virginity option. That mean she isn't one? Kinda sucks for Morty if so and kinda surprising for a game like this

Dorat1

Dec 31, 2017
Does changing any of the options in the do overs tab change anything in the scene replay? If I, say, make Morty a virgin again and have him have sex with a different character is he meant to have different dialogue?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Hello has anyone's android version been crashing very often or is it just mine? Do you guys have any tips on how to fix this?
Hello and welcome to the F95zone forums! I'll do my best to help you out, but keep in mind that much of what runs android is out of my control and is part of the engine.

First, as this is often the case, are you playing the renpy version of the game? There are two game versions, made by different people, in different engines, and it's easy to confuse them for one another. If you see an r3.7 in the bottom right corner on the main menu, that is the renpy game, otherwise it's the Unity game (and I didn't make that, and the Dev isn't active on the forums).

If it is the renpy version then I need some info to do any sort of investigating. What android version are you on? What device type? Where is the game crashing? Are you getting error messages?

i wish nightmirror would make a Bone tales the manor mod
Making a renpy version is a lot of time and effort. Any other projects I undertake would have to be something I'm deeply passionate about. So far, there really hasn't been anything else that has made me want to devote a thousand plus hours to do, and then be tech support for that too.

I haven't gotten that far in the game yet but from poking arounf in the do over tab I see that JEssica doesn't have a virginity option. That mean she isn't one? Kinda sucks for Morty if so and kinda surprising for a game like this
That is the story from the original Unity game. While I have made changes and alterations along the way, I am trying to stay on a very similar path as the Unity version. That being said, there is an alternate version of Jessica that is a virgin.

Does changing any of the options in the do overs tab change anything in the scene replay? If I, say, make Morty a virgin again and have him have sex with a different character is he meant to have different dialogue?
Yes and no. Anything on the Do Over page does have a game impact outside of the scene in which you make the choice. How big that impact is varies by choice. Some might come up once, while others might come up several times. Do Over choice "should" hold going into replays, but won't save if changed during a replay.

All of the choices have a are minor dialogue reference, and will not cut off content. For Morty's virginity for example, it is checked, but only up to a point (after which he can't avoid sex story wise (you can't play a full virgin Morty route, disappointing, I know)).

Do Over's main purpose is to let returning players quickly jump into new content from a fresh start, and quickly select the choice from a past playthrough. Or, to change a past choice a player is unhappy with, without having to replay the game. Really, it was a dev tool, that I decided to make player accessible because it might be fun, just like Day and Scene Select.

Been seeing more Devs converting games to Renpy format lately, could NM have influence this? another ripple in a corner of the internet
I don't think I was the first, although I couldn't find any when I was first debating about if I should post the game or not, and was looking for how other people had done it, but I couldn't find examples. If I inspired other people to do it, awesome!

Lavance

May 5, 2022
Hello and welcome to the F95zone forums! I'll do my best to help you out, but keep in mind that much of what runs android is out of my control and is part of the engine.

First, as this is often the case, are you playing the renpy version of the game? There are two game versions, made by different people, in different engines, and it's easy to confuse them for one another. If you see an r3.7 in the bottom right corner on the main menu, that is the renpy game, otherwise it's the Unity game (and I didn't make that, and the Dev isn't active on the forums).

If it is the renpy version then I need some info to do any sort of investigating. What android version are you on? What device type? Where is the game crashing? Are you getting error messages?

Making a renpy version is a lot of time and effort. Any other projects I undertake would have to be something I'm deeply passionate about. So far, there really hasn't been anything else that has made me want to devote a thousand plus hours to do, and then be tech support for that too.

That is the story from the original Unity game. While I have made changes and alterations along the way, I am trying to stay on a very similar path as the Unity version. That being said, there is an alternate version of Jessica that is a virgin.

Yes and no. Anything on the Do Over page does have a game impact outside of the scene in which you make the choice. How big that impact is varies by choice. Some might come up once, while others might come up several times. Do Over choice "should" hold going into replays, but won't save if changed during a replay.

All of the choices have a are minor dialogue reference, and will not cut off content. For Morty's virginity for example, it is checked, but only up to a point (after which he can't avoid sex story wise (you can't play a full virgin Morty route, disappointing, I know)).

Do Over's main purpose is to let returning players quickly jump into new content from a fresh start, and quickly select the choice from a past playthrough. Or, to change a past choice a player is unhappy with, without having to replay the game. Really, it was a dev tool, that I decided to make player accessible because it might be fun, just like Day and Scene Select.

I don't think I was the first, although I couldn't find any when I was first debating about if I should post the game or not, and was looking for how other people had done it, but I couldn't find examples. If I inspired other people to do it, awesome!
also the reason why I requested bone tales the manor mod because bones isnt updating it, and pretty much scamming his fans. game have a lot of potential, so it having a mod would be awesome

• Sad
Reactions: MangoCoco

Ctssrsqwe

Jun 29, 2019
Game barely opens on Android 12. Did some quick fixes that still failed. Would appreciate an update or assistance getting it to run.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Game barely opens on Android 12. Did some quick fixes that still failed. Would appreciate an update or assistance getting it to run.
Just to double check, are you playing the renpy version? There isn't much I can do about Android unfortunately, the engine dose the work and I have limited input on it.

Reactions: Ctssrsqwe

Ctssrsqwe

Jun 29, 2019
Just to double check, are you playing the renpy version? There isn't much I can do about Android unfortunately, the engine dose the work and I have limited input on it.
Firstly, thanks for the speedy response. Much appreciated. But yeah, it's the renpy version. My apologies for wasting your time and best of luck in your future endeavors.

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes