strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Na. He does read peoples comments but community management is a skill in itself. He's gotten a lot better with communicating but it's clear he'd rather work on the game then deal with the minefield that is the comments section. I honestly can respect that. What matters most is the consistent game updates. Everything else is a 'nice to have'.

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
Na. He does read peoples comments but community management is a skill in itself. He's gotten a lot better with communicating but it's clear he'd rather work on the game then field the minefield that is the comments section.
Honestly, I don’t blame him. I wasn’t demanding a response or anything, mostly thanking him for the continued work on the game and wishing him well in his recovery, the Summer thing was an aside.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I didn't think you were. I also really like Summer and wish she'd dump Ethen.
I get the sense ferdaf enjoys working on the more zanny alien scenes than the 'vanilla' stuff but he has spoiled us with a lot of Beth recently. It'd be nice to see Summer get some more story development now.

Maybe the two can even have some shared scenes.

Hread012

Dec 28, 2017
Night Mirror would I be asking too much if I requested the resource folder (images and video)you use for this game

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Night Mirror would I be asking too much if I requested the resource folder (images and video)you use for this game
The image and video files are in the game (you can use unren (there is a thread on this site for it) to unpack the rpa files), so I assume you mean my working files? Those files are almost 15gb just for images and only contain a small set of things I've modified. There are no special files for the videos, except they ones I hand edited.

What exactly are you hoping to get, and maybe I can just share that. Otherwise, size is just too big to reasonable provide.

Reactions: amsousa

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
A few of the scenes during Day 15's Foot Fuck scene, Moritica's eyes are aligned weirdly. Like during "It's so warm! I can feel you pulsing inside me!" Basically whenever she looks at Morty with her eyes half-closed.

Okay, even with her eyes wide open it's still a little off. At "We both do, why do you think I suggested it?"
Looked more into what is going on with this scene, and it is one of the few scenes I did with "models" instead of slices. The big difference is that with slices, they are full images that get cut up (thus making changes is WAY more time consuming) vs models, where they get posed for each image (so changing one thing effects all poses that use that image, very good for fixing mistakes (for example, eyes)).

Here are Morticia's eye pose for the scene currently:
morti_foot_eyes.png
Sort of all over the place...

So I remapped her eyes and came up with this:
morti_front3.png
Which at least seems more consistent.
morti_foot_eyes2.png

Tested it out and the eyes still seem a bit wonky... but best I think it will be.

But i forgot to ask , can something be done about characters getting squint-eyed/cross-eyed ?(Sometimes it's goofy looking)
View attachment 2231640
I took another look at this to see what was going on. The Gazorp all use the same base object (since they were so similar, why not reuse parts (this turned out to be sort of a dumb idea as they aren't really identical enough (case in point with the eyes))). All the models work mostly fine... except for Lisa, who has a slightly different eye shape than the rest. She actually has several eye positions that don't work. But since she doesn't use any of the upper slots in game, no issue. So... I just adjusted the back.

Last edited:

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
Looked more into what is going on with this scene, and it is one of the few scenes I did with "models" instead of slices. The big difference is that with slices, they are full images that get cut up (thus making changes is WAY more time consuming) vs models, where they get posed for each image (so changing one thing effects all poses that use that image, very good for fixing mistakes (for example, eyes)).

Here are Morticia's eye pose for the scene currently:
View attachment 2236512
Sort of all over the place...

So I remapped her eyes and came up with this:
View attachment 2236544
Which at least seems more consistent.
View attachment 2236543

Tested it out and the eyes still seem a bit wonky... but best I think it will be.

I took another look at this to see what was going on. The Gazorp all use the same base object (since they were so similar, why not reuse parts (this turned out to be sort of a dumb idea as they aren't really identical enough (case in point with the eyes))). All the models work mostly fine... except for Lisa, who has a slightly different eye shape than the rest. She actually has several eye positions that don't work. But since she doesn't use any of the upper slots in game, no issue. So... I just adjusted the back.
Interesting!
Also, demon Morticia will haunt me in my dreams.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.8 What and When?
I usually wait a few days after an update to put up a "what and when" post, but it's been a bit longer this time around. The main reason I've been holding off is mostly because of the current uncertainty about the publish schedule from Ferdafs. When I first started on this project, Ferdafs was posting fairly consistently every 2 months, then it slipped into 3, and of the last year it's been 3~4ish. Now that he is recovering from injury, things are more uncertain than ever. The last post we got indicated the end of Dec, but I would be shocked if that was the case (that promise has been made many times and missed pretty much every time).

Which bring us to this post. As always, starting with the "WHEN". When is the next update?

If we take Ferdaf at his word, it would indicate the end of Dec or early Jan. Again, I personally think that would be a xmas miracle, but it isn't impossible. If it does arrive then, I unfortunately already have another (actual work) thing on my plate, so my turn around will be slower than I like, but still only a few weeks at the most.

Additionally, I want to build in more time for editing than I have been. While we have been getting it done, some of the work is being forced through at... crunch speed. And although I like to turn stuff around quickly, making anyone crunch for games is an appalling practice. So, the next update will be a bit longer paced than normal. How long, I don't know until I get there.

That is all to say, if we do get an update at the end of Dec, expect the Ren'py version mid January.

As always, once I start work on it, I'll do my normal progress reports as I have things to report. I'll also be active in the thread to ignore as many "when is update?!?!" and "why you not update, game is out!!!" as I can, but you know, also answering actual questions too.

As for the WHAT part of it, there really won't be that much on my end. I have no new scenes planned for r3.8. And as I've said, I'm mostly happy with the state of the major game systems (game already has a lot of QoL things, not really sure what else it could possibly need at this point (Sorry, sound/music is still not something I want to do)).

I am making a formatting change to Do Over. Nothing huge, just changing from the current 3 columns of heads, to 4 columns (in prep for the inevitable space Beth (not sure what I'll do if we get to 5 versions of Beth... future me will just have to complain about it then.))
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Character ordering is not finalized yet, and I'm still tinkering with whose head should go where.

Beyond that, not much else to talk about. The main point of this project is to keep up to date with the Unity version (again, not to add lots of extra stuff). So I'm on track to keep doing that.

Anyhow... I hope you all enjoyed the last game update (small though it was), and thank you for staying awesome!

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Found this weird glitch in the jacking off competition where it seems like the female ricks grows another set of eyes and blinks.
Fixed, thank you for spotting this.

Also, in future, I don't need video of the issue, just the line of dialogue where the issue is happening, as I can search for that line and see what's wrong. In this case, for some reason, Morty's blinks didn't default off correctly.

Reactions: Zanehere

Mr.Z

Aug 8, 2018
Przechwytywanie.PNG
Did only I notice thousand floating eyes ? XD (Couple scenes have them) , they only showed up blinking:

There is nothing ,nothing,nothing then mysterious eyes blink . Nothing ,nothing,nothing then mysterious eyes blink

They blink irregularly

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
View attachment 2240548
Did only I notice thousand floating eyes ? XD (Couple scenes have them) , they only showed up blinking:

There is nothing ,nothing,nothing then mysterious eyes blink . Nothing ,nothing,nothing then mysterious eyes blink

They blink irregularly
Woah, woah, woah, you expect me to both draw and check my work? That's what I have you guys for!

*cough*

Fixed. Thanks for the find, let me know if you come across any others. Also, dialogue lines are WAY more useful to me than images.

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes