Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
By an odd coincidence, or premonition, I was thinking last night, before I even knew the update was coming, that the Summers having fun with each other is way overdue and probably should have happened much earlier in the story line, considering they share a room and bed etc.
So, sort of fun bit of trivia here. I hinted at a Summers having fun with each other scene WAY back in r3.0 when revenge/makeout tent were scenes were added (after the talk with Dr Wong, Morty says "I wonder if can convince the other Summer into a threesome..." (which isn't in the Unity game)). While the scene we are getting in this update isn't that exactly, a little bit of me hopes it inspired the scene we did get somewhat.

More than likely, I'm probably reading too much into it and imagining things...

I was wondering, prior to seeing this post, about the positioning of the three new scenes. In the unity version, it is obviously in the follwing order ... Morty and wild Summer, the two Summers, and then Beth and Morty ... but (sorry if you mentioned this already) it seems more logical that the two Summers scene should happen after the Beth and Morty scene. It makes more sense, I think, that Beth takes Morty to her room, to "punish" him, while wild Summer is still in the bathroom. Wild Summer then leaves the bathroom, horny, and thinks of Morty, hence she looks for him, but upon finding that Beth hasn't finished with Morty, she goes back to the Summers' bedroom, still horny, and this then explains why she is so keen to have fun with her other self.
Yeah... uh, Beth's event is going before the others... but, way before. The stuff with the Summers will happen on Day 33, the day after killing Ethan-burg, and are slotted between "Wakeup BJ" and "Punishment". The Beth event is on Day 18 and adds to/replaces the Bumper scene "A Stern Word", using some dialogue from the old scene, but adding sex to it.

will the christmas morning speciale be in this update ?
Yes it will. In addition to the scene from Ferdafs there will also be: (Day 3) Extend Scene with Morticia during Truth or Dare, (Day 27) Sleep Event with Morticia + Expanded chat on it the next morning, (Day 38) Water Park Event with Wild Summer, (Day 39) Space Chrismas! And some other minor updates not listed here throughout the game.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.8 Progress Report #8 - MAY 3 @ 20:20 UTC (Task List)
Holy shit! The most difficult part of the update has finally been completed! I'm talking about blinks of course.

Okay, difficult is way overstating things, they are more... the most tedious part. Luckily this time around it wasn't actually too bad for the new scenes as they were mostly Morty/Summer, and their blinks are some of the fastest/easiest to make. Also no night scenes here, so I didn't have to deal with gradient shading across the faces.

So where is everything at?

All the major implementation steps I need to do are done. This puts the project into the beta state, where it is playable, and all the stuff is there, but not finalized. It still has bugs, typos, plot issues, some missing functionality, stuff like that. So we are in the process of fixing all that.

While aaronminus is working away on reviewing and editing, I'll be going over the updated content, and many of the scenes around that content, looking for unintended issues (such as out of place dialogue, or tracking variables that don't work, stuff like that).

These progress reports will become a bit more spaced out going forward as much of the next part of the process doesn't have much to be said about it. I won't do daily updates, just when I hit "milestones" (the next one most likely after I've put in revisions and sent the next beta build out), but I will be updating the task list chart from the shadows as steps get completed on it.

While I know its unlikely to be the case for anyone reading these words (since you're obviously following along with the progress of the update), a lack of progress reports doesn't mean work has stopped, just that what is currently happening has less to be said about it in general, and tends to have a lot of waiting involved as we work on different time schedules.

Update isn't too far off here (again, I still don't want to put a target date out and make us rush, but we are in a good state to finish it all up soon(tm)).

As always, thanks for staying awesome!

Gerfenikss

Dec 24, 2017
Holy shit! The most difficult part of the update has finally been completed! I'm talking about blinks of course.

Okay, difficult is way overstating things, they are more... the most tedious part. Luckily this time around it wasn't actually too bad for the new scenes as they were mostly Morty/Summer, and their blinks are some of the fastest/easiest to make. Also no night scenes here, so I didn't have to deal with gradient shading across the faces.

All the major implementation steps I need to do are done. This puts the project into the beta state, where it is playable, and all the stuff is there, but not finalized. It still has bugs, typos, plot issues, some missing functionality, stuff like that. So we are in the process of fixing all that.

While aaronminus is working away on reviewing and editing, I'll be going over the updated content, and many of the scenes around that content, looking for unintended issues (such as out of place dialogue, or tracking variables that don't work, stuff like that).

These progress reports will become a bit more spaced out going forward as much of the next part of the process doesn't have much to be said about it. I won't do daily updates, just when I hit "milestones" (the next one most likely after I've put in revisions and sent the next beta build out), but I will be updating the task list chart from the shadows as steps get completed on it.

While I know its unlikely to be the case for anyone reading these words (since you're obviously following along with the progress of the update), a lack of progress reports doesn't mean work has stopped, just that what is currently happening has less to be said about it in general, and tends to have a lot of waiting involved as we work on different time schedules.

Update isn't too far off here (again, I still don't want to put a target date out and make us rush, but we are in a good state to finish it all up soon(tm)).

Thank you for your hard work(y)

Lavance

May 5, 2022

funny how the new update just came out

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
funny how the new update just came out
Funny how? The Unit update came out way back on Monday (I picked it up less then an hour after it was posted by Ferdafs (see Task List for the full time line)). I've been working hard to bring it over since then, and in the editing process right now.

Do you mean it just showed up on the Latest Updates page? f95zone can sometimes take a couple of days to update threads.

Lavance

May 5, 2022
Funny how? The Unit update came out way back on Monday (I picked it up less then an hour after it was posted by Ferdafs (see Task List for the full time line)). I've been working hard to bring it over since then, and in the editing process right now.

Do you mean it just showed up on the Latest Updates page? f95zone can sometimes take a couple of days to update threads.
.... huh

KirkKirk

Dec 9, 2022
I'm just a nobody lurker, but I really wanted to give a shout out to Night Mirror for the hard work.
Ferdafs dropped an update after a couple months of silence, and Night Mirror got to work immediately. The development updates are amazing, and I appreciate the time and effort!

Miyu09

Jul 8, 2021
I'm just a nobody lurker, but I really wanted to give a shout out to Night Mirror for the hard work.
Ferdafs dropped an update after a couple months of silence, and Night Mirror got to work immediately. The development updates are amazing, and I appreciate the time and effort!
He was even working before the update dropped. NM is the GOAT.

Soup_Man

Oct 23, 2018
Thank god for an update, I was worrying about Ferdafs, but at least now he's alive and still willing to update and add to the game, not to mention that Night Mirror is willing to continue the port, especially with how the update has added more hurdles than other updates to the porting process, with this I can't wait to play with the new content. I wish the best for Night Mirror and his work, bless.

P.S. Take your time, no need to rush, this isn't an EA title, but seriously good work.

~Love Soup, No Homo.

Hunkio

Mar 4, 2020
Really excited for the new Update, Thank you NightMirror for saving this Game from the Unity version and adding so much more to it. I wonder how long this ride will go, especially with Ferdafs long breaks of silence. But i have been there since the Original Overwatch Games and the start of Another Way Home, and almost stopped because the Original UI was horrendous. Keep up the great work, and Morticia is best Girl.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.8 Progress Report #9 - MAY 5 @ 21:00 UTC (Task List)
We are still working away on editing and fixes. I know it feels like a long wait, but we aren't employed by EA or MS, so we want to put out the least broken version of the game that we can (zing!). Keep in mind that this project is being done for free (and fun), so we can't spend 14 hours a day just working on it...

So anyhow, I spent 14 hours working on this project yesterday, fitting in some last minute quality of life improvements (and bug fixes). One of those improvements is a new animated overlay to help make New/Update/Dialogue pop out more.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This animation applies to the Day Selector, Scene Selector, and character pages of Mindblowers (not to the new gallery). This animation (and the headers) can be toggled from preferences. Allowing you to show them everywhere, or only in Mindblowers, or turned off completely.

There is also a new tag coming this update, "Dialogue". This indicates a large or major change/addition/correction in an existing scene, but no new content there. The Dialogue tag will not apply to typo correction (which is all throughout the game), but to things that are substantial.

For example in the preview above: you can see "Dialogue" on day 28. This is because of the new scene on day 27, characters have some reactions/discussions of those events, so new dialogue has been added in several places, either adjusting what was said, or adding a new response based on player actions taken. You don't have to replay dialogue scenes to get the full story, it is more to make you aware things have changed.

So: New is a new scene with content. Update is a change to an existing scene that is either reworking it, or adding extra images. Dialogue is the same scene with no new choices/images but some a "big" change to dialogue in the scene.

Also, in regards to the new scene with Wild Summer at the water park there has been some additional review of a previously cut idea. After much debate I have decided to re-add the name change for Wild Summer to this scene. You will have the option to keep her name as is, choose from a few preset names (with special dialogue and reactions), or use a custom name. This choice will be part of Do Over (like other choices) so you can set or unset as you want. Characters will react to her name based on the doover flag, not her actual name. If responding to this, please make sure to put your response in a spoiler so as not to spoil people that want to be surprised by it. I know this adds extra complexity, and possible problems with future content, but we think it is worth the payoff.

Additionally, I've added a quick exit toggle to preferences as well, so if you hate being prompted by "Are you sure you want to quit" you can now turn that off too on preferences (default is still to ask).

At aaronminus suggestion, Unity (the character, not the game) has had her Mindblower model updated slightly:
This will also apply to her character model, although, her naked version isn't used anywhere in game at the moment.

Anyhow, I know there isn't much of an actual progress report here and when stuff is coming, but as I said before, we are at a part of the development where that is harder to find solid terms to talk about ("fixed a bunch of typos, added more typos, typo hunt continues" doesn't make for great information). Again, apologies for not having a better idea of a date for everyone, I like to turn thing around quickly, but that has pretty much always led to mistakes, problems, and a lower quality of work. We are taking more time this go around (because for once I'm not on a crazy deadline with other things demanding my time), and we both have lives, so work gets done when we can do it.

As always, thank you everyone for staying awesome!

Jul 16, 2022
r3.8 Progress Report #9 - MAY 5 @ 21:00 UTC (Task List)
We are still working away on editing and fixes. I know it feels like a long wait, but we aren't employed by EA or MS, so we want to put out the least broken version of the game that we can (zing!). Keep in mind that this project is being done for free (and fun), so we can't spend 14 hours a day just working on it...

So anyhow, I spent 14 hours working on this project yesterday, fitting in some last minute quality of life improvements (and bug fixes). One of those improvements is a new animated overlay to help make New/Update/Dialogue pop out more.

This animation applies to the Day Selector, Scene Selector, and character pages of Mindblowers (not to the new gallery). This animation (and the headers) can be toggled from preferences. Allowing you to show them everywhere, or only in Mindblowers, or turned off completely.

There is also a new tag coming this update, "Dialogue". This indicates a large or major change/addition/correction in an existing scene, but no new content there. The Dialogue tag will not apply to typo correction (which is all throughout the game), but to things that are substantial.

For example in the preview above: you can see "Dialogue" on day 28. This is because of the new scene on day 27, characters have some reactions/discussions of those events, so new dialogue has been added in several places, either adjusting what was said, or adding a new response based on player actions taken. You don't have to replay dialogue scenes to get the full story, it is more to make you aware things have changed.

So: New is a new scene with content. Update is a change to an existing scene that is either reworking it, or adding extra images. Dialogue is the same scene with no new choices/images but some a "big" change to dialogue in the scene.

Also, in regards to the new scene with Wild Summer at the water park there has been some additional review of a previously cut idea. After much debate I have decided to re-add the name change for Wild Summer to this scene. You will have the option to keep her name as is, choose from a few preset names (with special dialogue and reactions), or use a custom name. This choice will be part of Do Over (like other choices) so you can set or unset as you want. Characters will react to her name based on the doover flag, not her actual name. If responding to this, please make sure to put your response in a spoiler so as not to spoil people that want to be surprised by it. I know this adds extra complexity, and possible problems with future content, but we think it is worth the payoff.

Additionally, I've added a quick exit toggle to preferences as well, so if you hate being prompted by "Are you sure you want to quit" you can now turn that off too on preferences (default is still to ask).

At aaronminus suggestion, Unity (the character, not the game) has had her Mindblower model updated slightly:
This will also apply to her character model, although, her naked version isn't used anywhere in game at the moment.

Anyhow, I know there isn't much of an actual progress report here and when stuff is coming, but as I said before, we are at a part of the development where that is harder to find solid terms to talk about ("fixed a bunch of typos, added more typos, typo hunt continues" doesn't make for great information). Again, apologies for not having a better idea of a date for everyone, I like to turn thing around quickly, but that has pretty much always led to mistakes, problems, and a lower quality of work. We are taking more time this go around (because for once I'm not on a crazy deadline with other things demanding my time), and we both have lives, so work gets done when we can do it.

As always, thank you everyone for staying awesome!
Night Mirror out here still being the goat bro. He is him! (y)

Flamewolf

Oct 31, 2017
Just had a thought, the new Beth scene come before the scolding scene doesn't it? Not sure how much your interested in updating that dialogue if new scenes are constantly forced to go before that one.

Reactions: hghgffg6ggj
4.90 star(s) 96 Votes