thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
I had rather to see you keeping this visual novel type than putting any sandbox mechanic in it, it was perfectly fine so far so no need to change at all. Too many sandbox games tried too hard to make it fun but reality lot of it just make the gameplay either very grinding or more complicate like the original game or with the case of Innocent witches

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I had rather to see you keeping this visual novel type than putting any sandbox mechanic in it, it was perfectly fine so far so no need to change at all. Too many sandbox games tried too hard to make it fun but reality lot of it just make the gameplay either very grinding or more complicate like the original game or with the case of Innocent witches
Don't worry, the "sandbox" is never coming back: https://f95zone.to/threads/rick-and-morty-another-way-home-r3-0-night-mirror.79138/post-6123586

twichman

Dec 4, 2018
After installing update 3.0, the game hangs on the loading screen for about 5-10 minutes, only then starts (version 2.0 was launched almost immediately) :unsure:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
After installing update 3.0, the game hangs on the loading screen for about 5-10 minutes, only then starts (version 2.0 was launched almost immediately) :unsure:
Yeah I noticed the super long load time (the first time) as well, but I'm not sure what's causing it. I think its the program checking the updated files and maybe compiling them? I had inconsistent behavior for it. I am going to do more research on it and see if there is something I can do to avoid the issue with the next update.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r4.0 What and When?

It's that time again, update is posted, no one has told me about any game breaking bugs... Or issues at all... Or, really much of anything... So I'm just going to imagine everyone loves it (or hates it, depending on my mood)!

Onto the next version! Well, starting the next one...

First, the when. Again, following the release schedule for Ferdafs it is usually two months. So, my guess is r4.0 in early September.

Now the what. r4.0 is going to have a lot less stuff than r3.0 did, and I can already tell you r5.0 will have even less. Why? Well, this was always going to be the case. There are only so many scenes that can get edits, and I feel like I've done most of them (A quick count of the Do Over page says at least 27 options (out of 124 scenes...). I'm not holding back to space out content (why would I? I'm not trying to retain subs), so I'm just plowing through them. But again, even though there are a LOT of scenes, not all of them can have (or need) extra stuff.

The downside (or upside, depending on how much you like/hate what I've added) is, there will be less and less extended content added going forward. So, what is getting added?

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Extended Sequences:

Scene Fixes:

And, that's the plan at the moment. If you were really hoping for new scenes or characters from me, my answer is still the same. I'm not an artist. I can edit (even that is sort of questionable) but I can't really make new stuff. If I could draw, I would have made my own game.

I am thinking about possibly commissioning an artist to make new scenes, but that is a bigger discussion beyond the scope of this post (I'll do it's own post another day), and has several issues.

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
I had a lot more fun with this one than I thought I would. ( I am a big rick & Morty fan so I had to try it.)

Liked it a lot, and really like the Ren'py game play for a game like this. Being able to back up and re look at the choice's and text is a huge help. ( And being able to save anywhere, and at any time.

I noticed that the unity version is up to 3.2 I think it was. Are you still active on this one, as far as updating ?

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I had a lot more fun with this one than I thought I would. ( I am a big rick & Morty fan so I had to try it.)

Liked it a lot, and really like the Ren'py game play for a game like this. Being able to back up and re look at the choice's and text is a huge help. ( And being able to save anywhere, and at any time.

I noticed that the unity version is up to 3.2 I think it was. Are you still active on this one, as far as updating ?
Glad you enjoyed it.

Yes, I am very active on this project. I just posted the most recent update a few days ago adding in the most recent content (and a few posts up plans for r4.0 in September). I think part of the confusion here is version numbers. I'm not using the Unity game number at all. The next renpy update will be r4.0 (the 4th renpy release), the next Unity version will probably be 3.3.

Reactions: taglag

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I'm so lost how to download the update on android
Android can't use the update patch file, that's for Win/Linx/Mac only. You'll need to DL the full APK file and reinstall it. Saves should roll over (I think?).

Edit:
Yeah, I just double checked on my phone and my saves rolled over when the new apk said it was updating the game. I don't think there is a way for me to make a patch only file for android, but I'll keep searching.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amorium

Kushiro

Mar 23, 2018
I don't have the android SDK stuff installed so I wasn't planning on it. But I'll take a look and see if I can make it happen.

Edit: Nope, I spent most of the day trying to get it to build to Android but sadly it fails with an error message that tells me nothing about what's wrong. So at the moment, sadly no android version.

Edit 2: BAM! Got it to work, it only took all day and I had to jump through some hoops but android versions posted!
The android version keeps on crashing, idk how to fix it. But thanks for making a renpy version.

drud

Aug 29, 2017
Hey just wondering whats up with the "NO DC" in the top left corner is that normal? And i was just wondering if it would be possible to have that HD version since i play on a 1440p monitor the lines are alittle jagged and some details just dont look nice "for instance the dress for the art teacher is very pixelated and bleeds over some spots".

Also loving the work you put into this, playing it this way is pretty nice.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Hey just wondering whats up with the "NO DC" in the top left corner is that normal? And i was just wondering if it would be possible to have that HD version since i play on a 1440p monitor the lines are alittle jagged and some details just dont look nice "for instance the dress for the art teacher is very pixelated and bleeds over some spots".

Also loving the work you put into this, playing it this way is pretty nice.
No idea what "NO DC" is, can you share a screenshot?

This game is HD. Images and video are 1080p. A few characters do have a "blurry" larger version but there are only 2 or 3 side characters with lower rez standing models when zoomed in. Again screenshots might help me improve the issues you are seeing.

Reactions: drud
4.90 star(s) 96 Votes