strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
here is the idea (that possibly was already made)

These 2 devs (oryginal and the guy who is porting to renpy) should sit and talk. And then carry on with this version forward.

This version is better gameplay-wise and run better. And bugs way less.

Renpy guy should take over implementation - do the renpy stuff like he is doing right now.
Oryginal dev should focus on art and writing.

Game would get better, oryginal dev would have more time for art so updates would be faster (he would not have to deal with bugs and coding). Because to this, game would be more popular, patreon would grow, there will be extra money. Renpy guy would take some of this extra money. Right now he gets nothing right? So some money would be better then zero.

Renpy guy gets money
Oryginal dev have more time, can focus on art
Game gets better, and updates are faster.

EVERYONE WINS
Ferdafs would have to give up a lot of income for that to work.

Reactions: PlayboiHotshot69

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
here is the idea (that possibly was already made)

These 2 devs (oryginal and the guy who is porting to renpy) should sit and talk. And then carry on with this version forward.

This version is better gameplay-wise and run better. And bugs way less.

Renpy guy should take over implementation - do the renpy stuff like he is doing right now.
Oryginal dev should focus on art and writing.

Game would get better, oryginal dev would have more time for art so updates would be faster (he would not have to deal with bugs and coding). Because to this, game would be more popular, patreon would grow, there will be extra money. Renpy guy would take some of this extra money. Right now he gets nothing right? So some money would be better then zero.

Renpy guy gets money
Oryginal dev have more time, can focus on art
Game gets better, and updates are faster.

EVERYONE WINS
I've answered this before, and the short version is: probably not.

The Ren'py remake as-is won't fly on Patreon due to my content changes. If Ferdafs did reach out to me to port the game to Ren'py, maybe with some ui improvements but no content changes, I'm sure I could do it. But it's also not something I really want to do, otherwise I would have just made a port.

And strenif is correct, "hiring" me to work on the game would be a big hit to Ferdafs income. I'm making this version for free because 1) I feel that it's super fucked up to profit off of Ferdafs work, and 2) it's a fun hobby. Add money into that equation and now it's another job I HAVE to do.

Just for you ... well, for me too ...

View attachment 1282956
For all of us :D

i wonder why jessica has very few content
She is a background character in the show (as is Tricia who has more content than her) so maybe Ferdafs just didn't feel that there was enough there to work with? Or possibly saving Jessica as a late game love interest (a very slow burn or concussion character). All we can really do is speculate and hope that our favorites make in for the next update!

I need more Morticia! Or Beth! Or Summer... Summers? Hot... Actually, I'm pretty much happy with anyone honestly... Sadly a long two month wait... At least I still have more new episodes to look forward to!

Last edited:

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
I've answered this before, and the short version is: probably not.

The Ren'py remake as-is won't fly on Patreon due to my content changes. If Ferdafs did reach out to me to port the game to Ren'py, maybe with some ui improvements but no content changes, I'm sure I could do it. But it's also not something I really want to do, otherwise I would have just made a port.

And strenif is correct, "hiring" me to work on the game would be a big hit to Ferdafs income. I'm making this version for free because 1) I feel that it's super fucked up to profit off of Ferdafs work, and 2) it's a fun hobby. Add money into that equation and now it's another job I HAVE to do.

For all of us :D

She is a background character in the show (as is Tricia who has more content than her) so maybe Ferdafs just didn't feel that there was enough there to work with? Or possibly saving Jessica as a late game love interest (a very slow burn or concussion character). All we can really do is speculate and hope that our favorites make in for the next update!

I need more Morticia! Or Beth! Or Summer... Summers? Hot... Actually, I'm pretty much happy with anyone honestly... Sadly a long two month wait... At least I still have more new episodes to look forward to!
Thank you for another great update, your remake still never cease to amaze me. Just like someone above me said, it would be great if you and Ferdafs have some talk and agreement to working together in the future. Maybe not with current Rick and Morty consider how long he's develop the Unity version but I have a feeling you and him could have some great project in the future, because so far you have prove yourself with all the improving and make his game much more fun and playable than the original game

Reactions: Night Mirror

Lathan321

May 24, 2017
So ive had a hard time getting into the original one, partly due to bugs. The changelog is setup in a way that I can't tell how up to date it is with the original if someone would mind making that clear for me it would be appreciated.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
So ive had a hard time getting into the original one, partly due to bugs. The changelog is setup in a way that I can't tell how up to date it is with the original if someone would mind making that clear for me it would be appreciated.
It have all the content from the original but with a more linear and visual novel type than the sandbox version, the reason it only have like 3 updates is because Night mirror start to work on this game only after version 3.0 of the original so it got marked r1.0. After that every update from Ferdafs Unity version will count as 1 version aka r2.0 for v3.1 and recently r3.0 for v3.2, r are short for "remake"

wadere

Jan 6, 2018
i wonder if this is eventually going to evolve into it's own game with completly new scenes/cg's, maybe even new characters and such, kinda feel like this have the potential

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
i wonder if this is eventually going to evolve into it's own game with completly new scenes/cg's, maybe even new characters and such, kinda feel like this have the potential
Probably not. :( Sadly, I'm not an artist so what I can add is very limited. The plan for now is to enhance what I can and keep it up to date with the Unity game content.

Is possible to explore other dimensions with the portal gun. I mean like an open sandbox?
Nope. This is a liner adaptation. The Unity game has wandering mechanics, but I wouldn't really call it a sandbox. Too much of the game requires you to do specific things to advance certain stories, and most stories are tied to other characters.

So this one has more content right? And thanks for everything.
Yes. Most of its "extra" content is in two forms, more dialogue between scenes (because come on, who doesn't want to read more!...) and choices for different actions or endings in scenes.

Reactions: Grelk
Mar 1, 2020
Would it be possible to know which scenes have the most "added" to them ?

Anyway great job Night Mirror, this makes the game so much more enjoyable to play.

Robert rivers

Feb 6, 2018
Lol, this Fan game is better than the original :p

edit: do I have to download the patch as well with the main game? I don't have both

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Would it be possible to know which scenes have the most "added" to them ?

Anyway great job Night Mirror, this makes the game so much more enjoyable to play.
Sort answer is that pretty much all of the game has had some sort of tampering done. Anywhere from small edits in dialogue and typo corrections, to complete overhauls. I've also done fixes (not just edits) to artwork errors throughout. I've changed the way characters address each other so that it has a more "family" toned wording throughout. Morty (for example) almost never thinks or calls Beth Mom in the original, and Summer only calls him her brother a sparse number of times. Additionally I also made Morty more interested in fucking his family where as in the original, even now, he is always grossed out by it.

Major "extra content" comes mostly as either bumper segments to transition from scene-to-scene, or anything after a choice menu. The original game only has maybe 4 or 5 dialogue choices (mostly for peeing on Tricia, the Beth and Summer sleep scenes, and a finish choice for Wild Summer in the latest update (that I'd like to believe I somehow inspired, but is probably just coincidence)). So, anytime you get to pick and action or a finish is mostly me.

If you're asking for a comprehensive change list, that would be as big as the game and I don't really have one... If you're asking if it's something I would put in the game, the short answer is no.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to know? I've had this question asked before but don't think I got a reason for the request.

edit: do I have to download the patch as well with the main game? I don't have both
Nope, Update Patch is just to go form r2.0 -> r3.0. If you downloaded r3.0 you are all set.

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes