Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
More stuff (not as exciting as another new scene, but I still think it's neat) I've been working on in the background that I thought I'd share. I have two new features for the next update (whenever that happens) that are pretty minor in the grand scheme of things, but were both easy(~ish) to add.

First up is that the change log will now be included in the game:
WIP3.8_change_log.png
You'll be able to find it under the Information->Updates. While I'm not 100% sure I like the format for it, all the past update info has been entered. It is roughly displayed similar to how it is on this site (with some formatting adjustments to early logs) So starting with the next version, you'll be able to read the change log right from the game! Yay?

Sticking with the theme of things in the past, I've also added this neat feature to day selector:
WIP3.8_DaySelect_1.png
It will let you select the version of the game where a scene first appeared (or in the example above, the original days included in the games first release (no detailed info on each day for this one)). This doesn't have a content change (i.e. it won't be the original scene from that time), it will just show players when scenes were first put in.

Selecting a different release version will change the menu to show where new or updated scenes were added in that release. So, if you haven't touched the game for a while, you'll be able to find any scenes you missed in a past update, or just check out where things were added to the game and when.
WIP3.8_DaySelect_2.png

Again, neither of these are major systems changes, just something easy I thought would be nice to have.

Anyhow... still waiting to hear from Ferdafs, hope he is okay and that the game will keep moving forward. As always, thanks for staying awesome while we wait!

Jul 16, 2022
More stuff (not as exciting as another new scene, but I still think it's neat) I've been working on in the background that I thought I'd share. I have two new features for the next update (whenever that happens) that are pretty minor in the grand scheme of things, but were both easy(~ish) to add.

View attachment 2578216
You'll be able to find it under the Information->Updates. While I'm not 100% sure I like the format for it, all the past update info has been entered. It is roughly displayed similar to how it is on this site (with some formatting adjustments to early logs) So starting with the next version, you'll be able to read the change log right from the game! Yay?

Sticking with the theme of things in the past, I've also added this neat feature to day selector:
View attachment 2578205
It will let you select the version of the game where a scene first appeared (or in the example above, the original days included in the games first release (no detailed info on each day for this one)). This doesn't have a content change (i.e. it won't be the original scene from that time), it will just show players when scenes were first put in.

Selecting a different release version will change the menu to show where new or updated scenes were added in that release. So, if you haven't touched the game for a while, you'll be able to find any scenes you missed in a past update, or just check out where things were added to the game and when.
View attachment 2578206

Again, neither of these are major systems changes, just something easy I thought would be nice to have.

Anyhow... still waiting to hear from Ferdafs, hope he is okay and that the game will keep moving forward. As always, thanks for staying awesome while we wait!
Impressive as always. Even if you don't see this as anything major, you're doing one heck of a job on this dude (y)

Reactions: Night Mirror
Mar 13, 2021
The unfortunate reality is that when Ferdafs stops working on the Unity game (which may well be the case), I'll also bring work on this game to a close. I'm not an artist and the stuff I can make is so-so at best, or is simply re-used assets from the game. Even if I did want to keep going on my own without Ferdafs (which isn't the case), I don't have the skill set to fully support this project (code and writing, sure, art... nope).
trully a sad thing to read, this along with FET are the best experiences i`ve ever had with a renpy game, but it is better to have a conclusion to the main story than to have an abandoned project.
but let`s say you finish your version of the ending and some months after that ferdafs releases more content, will you retroactively fit the new content into the game or will you move on to another project (that is, if you even want to make another project)

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
trully a sad thing to read, this along with FET are the best experiences i`ve ever had with a renpy game, but it is better to have a conclusion to the main story than to have an abandoned project.
but let`s say you finish your version of the ending and some months after that ferdafs releases more content, will you retroactively fit the new content into the game or will you move on to another project (that is, if you even want to make another project)
While I can't promise I can work on this game forever, in the event Ferdafs does resume work on it, yeah, I would most likely come back and continue adding content.

The current "plan" in my brain is wait a bit into next month, if we haven't heard anything by then, release what I have and start work on the conclusion (which will most likely take me a few months to do). If nothing by the time that is ready (maybe... August?) release conclusion. Then do any follow up work that needs doing (such as pregnancy and additional scenes). I expect wrap up to take me several months, so I'll still be at this for a while longer.

Again, we are talking about the future, so things can always change, but I do have interest in continuing the project, I just can't do it on my own.

Flamewolf

Oct 31, 2017

View attachment 2578216

View attachment 2578205

View attachment 2578206

As someone who waits multiple releases for the higher quality games, this is an amazing feature for someone like me. The more I love a game for it's quality but am disappointed for quantity the more I become of the mindset of: "Oh this fantastic game got an update but there's only really 2-3 scenes added, mmm not enough for a jerkoff session unfortunately, guess I'll hold off for another 2-4 updates".

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
The current "plan" in my brain is wait a bit into next month, if we haven't heard anything by then, release what I have and start work on the conclusion (which will most likely take me a few months to do). If nothing by the time that is ready (maybe... August?) release conclusion. Then do any follow up work that needs doing (such as pregnancy and additional scenes). I expect wrap up to take me several months, so I'll still be at this for a while longer.
If there is just continued silence from Ferdafs, going for the pregnancy first could be an alternative. Given the timescale for the game, it seems unlikely that progressing the pregnancy-plotlines to "confirmed" would interfere with whatever Ferdafs will hopefully release eventually.

I'd love to see both more leadup to pregnancies, as well as some reactions to it. The chat with Beth was a good start. Maybe a similar scene with Morticia is in order? Should Morty talk to Rick about some counter-measures to birth defects (and if so, how does Rick react to Morty wanting to knock up his daughter)? At the latest when Beth' pregnancy is confirmed, a second talk with Morty about fatherhood seems necessary. How will Summer react when she hears the news? Maybe this is the push she needs to dump Ethan and lets her brother make her a teen mom?

A separate thought: The art style in "Perviest Finite Curve" isn't quite the same, but both are overall in line with the show. Have you consider adapting something from there? (Completely rewritten to make it fit story-wise).

Aspiring Istari

Jan 11, 2023
Am I correct that r3.7 is still the most up to date version? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything here. Very keen to get stuck into this Wild Summer Pool Scene.

Also, when an update is released, how does one download said update? Sorry, I appreciate that has probably been answered in the past.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
If there is just continued silence from Ferdafs, going for the pregnancy first could be an alternative. Given the timescale for the game, it seems unlikely that progressing the pregnancy-plotlines to "confirmed" would interfere with whatever Ferdafs will hopefully release eventually.
Possibly. Confirmation in the game will be the most I can do (just not enough time for bellies or babies (outside of the epilogue)). I am currently planning out how/where I want to fit pregnancy into the existing game... it isn't going great. Goddamn unplanned pregnancies, fucking everything up!

I'd love to see both more leadup to pregnancies, as well as some reactions to it. The chat with Beth was a good start. Maybe a similar scene with Morticia is in order? Should Morty talk to Rick about some counter-measures to birth defects (and if so, how does Rick react to Morty wanting to knock up his daughter)? At the latest when Beth' pregnancy is confirmed, a second talk with Morty about fatherhood seems necessary. How will Summer react when she hears the news? Maybe this is the push she needs to dump Ethan and lets her brother make her a teen mom?
Yeah, I would certainly like some more spacing out here than I think I'm going to get, but I haven't lost all hope that Ferdafs will continue. I can say for sure that Morty isn't going to talk to Rick about it, these versions of them are tentative allies at best, not really friends.

While birth defects do happen, it usually takes generations to really manifest most issues (or at least that won't be a plot point in game). Or at least I'll try to avoide any issues about it by including a line that the babies are all healthy.

As to a second talk with Beth, that is more tricky because we just had the first (a day ago game time). As I said, I do intend to do "talks" with each main girl about their pregnancy, but I haven't worked out the details yet.

I have written the Summer scene that ends her relationship with Ethan (possibly too ambitious in it's current draft), and while it might be a good place for her to bring up she is pregnant (again, if the player has gone down that path), it isn't the reason she ultimately gives up on Ethan.

A separate thought: The art style in "Perviest Finite Curve" isn't quite the same, but both are overall in line with the show. Have you consider adapting something from there? (Completely rewritten to make it fit story-wise).
While the art style for that game is inline with the show, it doesn't match what Ferdafs does for most sexy scenes. Additionally, I feel a lot less okay with using assets from other sources then I do repurposing assets from this game (yes, I know, taking other people's art is a weird thing to get hung up on, all considered, but I still do feel uncomfortable about it).

Again, even if I had a full time artist working on this project, I most likely wouldn't continue without Ferdafs, that just isn't what the project is for me. I'll do my best to give it (hopefully a good) conclusion if it comes to that, but I wont be continuing this game full time on my own.

Thank you for the suggestions and feedback, they have given me something to think about as we move forward here.

Am I correct that r3.7 is still the most up to date version? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything here. Very keen to get stuck into this Wild Summer Pool Scene.

Also, when an update is released, how does one download said update? Sorry, I appreciate that has probably been answered in the past.
The current version is r3.7F, it only has one new scene on day 38. It is the last scene and contains Space Beth. If you have that, you have the latest version.

When the next update comes out, it will be posted in the first post of this thread. There will be two ways to download it. You can get either: the full game (usually the first set of links) or update only file (much smaller download). With the full game, extract and play. With the update only, extract to the existing game folder and overwrite as prompted.

Note that the update only files ONLY works for one version, so it will be r3.7F to r3.8 (or whatever the version number ends up being for the next release).

villany

Dec 8, 2018
Are the pregnancy conformation scenes will be included in Mind Blowers or you need to play the whole game to see them?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Are the pregnancy conformation scenes will be included in Mind Blowers or you need to play the whole game to see them?
Not sure yet, most likely as their own scenes at the very minimum via chapter select. Replay is usually only for sexy scenes, so no sex, maybe not in replay? I haven't even written them yet, so... will figure it out when we get there.

Reactions: Mushybird

Cooldude17

Mar 17, 2019
I wrote a long rambling post about this, but... well, finally went with something shorter.

I was trying to see if I could make the animation files smaller (there are 713 of them, totaling 655MB (or 6.5GB when uncompressed). The short version is nope, this method makes them bigger (both in size, and number of files). Oh, and it's laggy as fuck when changing animations. Oh, and it's slow as shirt to start. Also... it has some other minor quality issues...

View attachment 2544273

So, uh, yeah... I just wanted to share this horrible failure I've been working on for the past few days. I hope for obvious reasons you'll see why I opted not to continue with this method...
Is this the ahegao face I've heard about?

Dr.John Bums

Apr 29, 2023
Thanks for this game, it's simply the best Rick and Morty game I've ever played.
It's even better than Pocket Morty's :p

I hope the game will continue in the future.
And if the game ends at some point, it would be nice if the story was completed.
I could well imagine Morty wanting to stay in this dimension.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I translated the text from my mother tongue German as I'm not very good at writing English.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Thanks for this game, it's simply the best Rick and Morty game I've ever played.
It's even better than Pocket Morty's :p

I hope the game will continue in the future.
And if the game ends at some point, it would be nice if the story was completed.
I could well imagine Morty wanting to stay in this dimension.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I translated the text from my mother tongue German as I'm not very good at writing English.
Very happy to hear that you are enjoying the game. Here is a much longer post about what my plans are if indeed the Unity Game doesn't continue. Again, I am hoping that Ferdafs does keep making the game (and I'll keep adapting it into Renpy), but if there was going to be an update, this is the month I would normally expect it to arrive.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.8 Status: DONE
Release Date:
Monday May 22 - 03:18 UTC

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Progress Report #15 May 22 @ 03:18 UTC
Progress Report #14 May 22 @ 02:10 UTC
Progress Report #13 May 21 @ 01:00 UTC
Progress Report #12 May 19 @ 02:30 UTC
Progress Report #11 May 15 @ 16:30 UTC
Progress Report #10 May 8 @ 21:45 UTC
Progress Report #9 May 5 @ 21:20 UTC
Progress Report #8 May 3 @ 20:20 UTC
Progress Report #7 May 3 @ 05:10 UTC
Progress Report #6 May 2 @ 23:10 UTC
Progress Report #5 May 2 @ 20:50 UTC
Progress Report #4 May 2 @ 12:00 UTC
Progress Report #3 May 2 @ 07:30 UTC
Progress Report #2 May 2 @ 05:20 UTC

Progress Report #1 May 2 @ 02:45 UTC:
I have a copy of the Unity game and I'm starting the very first part, which is modifying the files to extract images/dialogue, all that good stuff. I don't know anything about the new scene yet, but looking at the files, it seems like it is just one scene (although, no sure how long, so in game it may be more than one (in the Scene Selector at least (and how I work on it (liner game, so still just one big scene for you guys)))). For now, I've listed it as a single scene, but depending on content and length, will see how it ends up in game.

Next update when I actually start work on it, and have a better idea of what all the stuff I need to do is. Thanks for staying awesome, glad to see the game is still on!

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 99 Votes