Ottaro21

Dec 26, 2018
Just barely started it, made it just beyond the first choice so far. Not bad, really high quality. The addition of a flowchart to track progress and using it to jump scenes is amazing, the opening song was great, the art is pretty damned good but I can't vouch for the H Scenes yet. Honestly, I would have bought this from Steam judging by how good it is, but it didn't appear to be patched there.
You can just put the files of the 18+ patch into your steamfiles (i did that and it works without problems)
Finsihed 3 of 5 outes so far and it's definetly one of the best Visual Novels i played. as you said all the little extra things like the Flowchart, the jumping to choice option or the favorite voiceline bookmarks are what makes it even better

Found a bug with the Voiceline bookmarks though:
If you save a voiceline of a charater who doesn't have a sprite, you can't access the extra menu (the bookmarked voicelines are in the extramenu, so you can't watch the h-scenes or other stuff from there if you made the mistake!)
You have to delete your savefiles then (under Appdata/Roaming/YuzuSoft)

AHentailurker

Oct 8, 2017
Maybe this is a shit take, but I get nothing out of the supernatural setting. The best parts so far are the slice of life romance stuff.

Oct 7, 2019
Maybe this is a shit take, but I get nothing out of the supernatural setting. The best parts so far are the slice of life romance stuff.
I feel ya. It's not bad, it's just...there. The characters don't really get anything from their powers. I kinda feel like it exists just to make the protagonist an awesome soldier without the grimdark backstory that Grisaia's protagonist needed to justify his own skills. All the badass fighting, none of the spending childhood in bootcamp and bloody life-or-death combat. Koiken Otome did the whole magic school in a magic society a bit better, and even it was kinda meh. This makes up for it by having some decent three-dimensional characters, though. Everyone's got a bit of an unexpected layer to them and I love it.

AHentailurker

Oct 8, 2017
I feel ya. It's not bad, it's just...there. The characters don't really get anything from their powers. I kinda feel like it exists just to make the protagonist an awesome soldier without the grimdark backstory that Grisaia's protagonist needed to justify his own skills. All the badass fighting, none of the spending childhood in bootcamp and bloody life-or-death combat. Koiken Otome did the whole magic school in a magic society a bit better, and even it was kinda meh. This makes up for it by having some decent three-dimensional characters, though. Everyone's got a bit of an unexpected layer to them and I love it.
Gotta say, after actually finishing a route, i like what is done with the supernatural elements. THey're not as important during most of the story as I'd want them to be, but the way the last few chapters use the setup around them is amazing. Yesterday I thought the game would've been better as a pure slice of life game, now I am in awe of how they pulled the rug from under me.

BloodKitten

Sep 10, 2018
you need to change the censored tag, censored meaning, removal of adult content to be sold on digital store such as steam.

as example, the princess, the stray cat, and matters of the heart is censored in comparison to its untranslated version.

mosiacs are requiered by law, and yuzusoft is a japanese company to abide by japanese laws.

so adult content, not censored, but has mosiacs wich is normal with every japanese 18+ VN.

Oct 7, 2019
It's official, I fucking love this game:

Edit: How the hell do I embed an image on this site?

Ex-s Gundam

Aug 15, 2018
is there a way to reduce the effects of the game? i dont think it's possible for it to be that high specs required that lags when played... and makes my laptop so hot while im at it...

Oct 7, 2019
is there a way to reduce the effects of the game? i dont think it's possible for it to be that high specs required that lags when played... and makes my laptop so hot while im at it...
Could you specify the problem? It shouldn't have ANY effects, it's a VN. Just sprites, sound, and text. Honestly, downloading the game should have been harder on your PC than running it.

Ex-s Gundam

Aug 15, 2018
Could you specify the problem? It shouldn't have ANY effects, it's a VN. Just sprites, sound, and text. Honestly, downloading the game should have been harder on your PC than running it.
Thanks! Specifically, during some time in the prologue, there are some scenes where there is a display of the invisible wavy mc. it is during those times that the running speed plummets so i set it to my highest graphics card, but even then, during normal conversations, my laptop still heats up... what make it funny is that my genshin impact makes the same heat as this riddle joker... any ideas? thanks again!

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019
Absolutely none. Like I said, this is just a VN. It should have very, VERY little going on that could cause issues. My laptop has heating issues as well. It can't even play the Sims 3 without getting almost painfully hot to touch (thankfully the fans keep the internal temp cool) and that game is 11 years old, yet I've never had a single issue with this game, or any other VN. Is there something unique about how you installed the game? Any other background processes running? Have you tried using task manager to see what is pushing your CPU or GPU so hard?

Ex-s Gundam

Aug 15, 2018
Absolutely none. Like I said, this is just a VN. It should have very, VERY little going on that could cause issues. My laptop has heating issues as well. It can't even play the Sims 3 without getting almost painfully hot to touch (thankfully the fans keep the internal temp cool) and that game is 11 years old, yet I've never had a single issue with this game, or any other VN. Is there something unique about how you installed the game? Any other background processes running? Have you tried using task manager to see what is pushing your CPU or GPU so hard?
I see, thank you!

Oct 7, 2019
I advise to play nanami's route before Nijouin. There are moments that are a lot better that way.
Lucked out there, my planned route was Ayase>Nanami>Hazuki>Mayu>Chisaki. Ayase because she seems like she has the biggest connection to the overall plot, Nanami next because I couldn't wait to witness the awkwardness of the siblings announcing they were a couple, Hazuki and Mayu because I really couldn't decide who I liked more, and...

Chisaki saved for last because I honestly wanted to give her every opportunity to grow on me. I'm honestly surprised she has a route, she doesn't show up much and feels like the kind of character who's reserved for the fan disc.

AHentailurker

Oct 8, 2017
Lucked out there, my planned route was Ayase>Nanami>Hazuki>Mayu>Chisaki. Ayase because she seems like she has the biggest connection to the overall plot, Nanami next because I couldn't wait to witness the awkwardness of the siblings announcing they were a couple, Hazuki and Mayu because I really couldn't decide who I liked more, and...
I took the same. So far, I can say that I'm happy with my route order, Mayu or Ayase first seems like a good choice to me, and Nanami gives insight into their backstory, which makes her parts in the other stories a lot mor impactful
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Chisaki did grow on me a bit simply because she is barely in the common route and she does actually seem to be have a character, but i still have no idea what to expect from her story. Gonna start that tomorrow

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes