1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
A shit ton of work must have gone into this...

But you rhymed too with too. 2/10 try again
A little bit, but I was bored, and while I like Skylar others deserve love too.

Ye I noticed the 'too" afterwards but spent enough time already, and english isn't my native language anyway. I may be bored at that time but I still have life :LOL:

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
A shit ton of work must have gone into this...

But you rhymed too with too. 2/10 try again
A little bit, but I was bored, and while I like Skylar others deserve love too.

Ye I noticed the 'too" afterwards but spent enough time already, and english isn't my native language anyway. I may be bored at that time but I still have life :LOL:
easy fix. replace "melons too" with "honeydew"

KanyeT

Mar 15, 2020
You appear to be contrasting polygyny (multiple women) and polyandry (multiple men). Either one can be part of a polygamous breakfast (many marriages). Polyamory is a relationship strategy that purposefully does not address marriage status, one way or another.
T be more specific, I mean polygyny. The majority of civilisations have been polygynous.

Do you mean before modern birth control methods? Women have had birth control methods for millennia. Some of them are actually mentioned and recommended in the Bible.
Before reliable birth control.

All I can say is that if we were hardwired (rather than some of us being culturally raised) in this way, there would be a lot more infanticide of step children. Thankfully, this is not the norm in modern society.
It's not difficult to ignore your biological imperatives. We do it all the time. It is a part of being in a civilised society. It's why I don't murder my neighbour when we have a dispute despite being really angry at him.

Perhaps an evolutionary advantage to his own alleles, but individuals do not evolve, populations do. Having so many children share the same father is not advantageous in the long term.

I think you are confusing biological imperatives with cultural upbring. All things being equal, it is evolutionarily better for a species to have the greatest diversity of alleles. That way the population has the best chance of adaptation when conditions change. When a society imposes pseudoscientific principles, things can be very different.
It is more evolutionary advantageous to have your children provided for and protected, which is why multiple women often marry a single man with the resources to do so. You need your offspring to live, first and foremost. There is nothing about my argument that suggests that diversity isn't achieved - a man having multiple wives is diversifying his genetic line. Diversity is also achieved by multiple men and multiple women having their own sexually exclusive relationships. I am not sure what you're even trying to refute here.

People are not always biologically wired to do what is best for the population as a whole, but for themselves. If that were the case, humans would behave a lot differently, especially since our conception of what is beneficial for society changes over time. Sexual exclusivity may not provide the most diversity that can be achieved but is optimally advantageous for both individuals and civilisations as a whole.

You seem to be implying that all men and women are put off by promiscuity. All? With no exceptions? Perhaps you're running with the "No True Scotsman" fallacy, saying that those who don't adhere to your standard are somehow "unnatural" or "abominations." Implying that promiscuity is some aberration of nature denies the evidence and seeks to cast anything outside of one's direct experience as "unnatural." I grew up in the 1960s and 1970s, when many attitudes about what is or is not natural came to be challenged.
No. Where did I say all? Please don't be dishonest and argue in bad faith like this. Promiscuity is unnatural from an evolutionary biological perspective, as I explained previously. You grew up in the 60s and 70s, claim that the social acceptance towards promiscuity was challenged by society, and think I am the one with the cultural biases towards promiscuity? The fact that promiscuity only became prominent in the last 50 years of our civilisation shows that it is a cultural behaviour only and not a viable reproductive strategy.

In any case, we're talking about AVNs. If those "traditional" rules for relationship styles were adhered to, I don't know how popular these stories would be.
Of course not. These games are meant to appeal to fantasy, which is why people want to experience polyamory or harems in the game, or experience taking a woman's virginity. If these games were realistic, they wouldn't be popular or sold.

If your lifestyle makes you happy, then who I am to stop you? But it is very clear why sexual exclusivity is appealing to a lot of people. It is a biological imperative due to it being an evolutionary advantage. You claim to not understand, so I explained it to you, and then you tell me that I am wrong.​

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
I came to check for update, stayed for the drama. What's going on here?
ngl, I've barely skimmed that last few volleys between Dragon and Kanye, but if I've understood everything correctly:
1) Many people hold the position that a woman is romantically desirable only if she's a virgin because that's the only way to minimize the chances of being cucked.
2) Others believe that polyamory and free love is the only way to throw off the shackles of oppression that have held humanity back for thousands of years (plus you can't get cucked if everyone has a free pass and the whole commune raises all the children collectively).
3) There are no other options. Pick one and FIIIIIIIIIGHT! :devilish:

Simp Cattu

Feb 5, 2019
(Thanks for the recap!)
Okay my two cents:
1) Considering hymenoplasty is already a thing, and there is no such thing as a hymen on male human, I'd say it's pretty unfair. Nothing is going to guarantee that my husband won't cheat before marriage.
2) I think it would be great... in a much smaller scale. The society must be really advanced and be driven by kindness for that to happen.
3) I pick the side with the most amount of virgins. Count me right in.

armond

Apr 26, 2020
ngl, I've barely skimmed that last few volleys between Dragon and Kanye, but if I've understood everything correctly:
1) Many people hold the position that a woman is romantically desirable only if she's a virgin because that's the only way to minimize the chances of being cucked.
2) Others believe that polyamory and free love is the only way to throw off the shackles of oppression that have held humanity back for thousands of years (plus you can't get cucked if everyone has a free pass and the whole commune raises all the children collectively).
First off, virgins are terrible at sex, the best way to not be cucked is to not worry about it. Women can sense insecurity and love causing pain, they also want daddy to love them. Pretty simple, don't be a bitch and you have nothing to worry about.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
So glad I put both of them on ignore months ago.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Okay my two cents:
1) Considering hymenoplasty is already a thing, and there is no such thing as a hymen on male human, I'd say it's pretty unfair. Nothing is going to guarantee that my husband won't cheat before marriage.
2) I think it would be great... in a much smaller scale. The society must be really advanced and be driven by kindness for that to happen.
The side rooting for virgins only and that are afraid to be cucked is entirely made up of virgins, so I guess that's your side. ;)

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I just could not help it...
This just came to me... perhaps too much childhood wrestling with brothers in the living room... before we got yelled at by mom and dad.

zzzzLetsGetReadyToRumble.gif

KanyeT

Mar 15, 2020
This just came to me... perhaps too much childhood wrestling with brothers in the living room... before we got yelled at by mom and dad.

View attachment 2497108
The basis of any good internet debate - a complete lack of nuance and fisticuffs to ensue.

First off, virgins are terrible at sex, the best way to not be cucked is to not worry about it. Women can sense insecurity and love causing pain, they also want daddy to love them. Pretty simple, don't be a bitch and you have nothing to worry about.
Agreed. Obviously, a lack of experience in any activity is going to lead to mishaps and performance issues. But, as I explained previously, the appeal of sexual exclusivity is not for the sex, it's to create long-term relationships, for intimacy, and eventually procreation. If you just wanted a good lay, then yeah, it would be easier and better to just pay a prostitute. Women can definitely sense insecurity, men too - so it is always better to try to exert confidence in your relationship no matter who you are.

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
T be more specific, I mean polygyny. The majority of civilisations have been polygynous.
I only know of one polyandrous marriage tradition in recent history. A region of India often has polyandrous marriage where a single woman marries brothers in order to not dilute the inheritance among diverse grandchildren.
Before reliable birth control.
True, most of those traditional methods have been less reliable than modern hormonal approaches.
It's not difficult to ignore your biological imperatives. We do it all the time. It is a part of being in a civilised society. It's why I don't murder my neighbour when we have a dispute despite being really angry at him.
According to reputable anthropologists, historians, and evolutionary psychologists, the modern concept of monogamy is only about a thousand years old. Before that, we had lots of polygynous polygamy. For all but the rich and powerful, who were concerned with passing down assets, pure monogamy was the exception rather than the rule, especially in cultures that were not part of "western culture."

Our early anthropologists, coming out of western European (colonial) culture made many assumptions about what was natural and normal for the human species. They made judgements about other cultural norms, declaring them "less civilized" because they didn't adhere to their own cultural norms. They mad the mistake of assuming that their cultural norms were the only correct, proper, and civilized ones.
It is more evolutionary advantageous to have your children provided for and protected, which is why multiple women often marry a single man with the resources to do so. You need your offspring to live, first and foremost. There is nothing about my argument that suggests that diversity isn't achieved - a man having multiple wives is diversifying his genetic line. Diversity is also achieved by multiple men and multiple women having their own sexually exclusive relationships. I am not sure what you're even trying to refute here.
What I'm trying to address here is that human culture is diverse, and so are the norms across cultures. A very rich man having a large polygynous harem means that many of the women are effectively out of the gene pool and of those women who do have offspring, they will be only half-diverse--half of that population's next generation will be "roughly" 50% identical (well, probably closer to 25% individually, because the father gives 50% of his genes, but 50% of their alleles will come from one source).

In cultures where the survival strategy is based on the whole community working together to raise children, the diversity is strongly encouraged, evolutionarily. The situation you present above is a relatively recent development in human history, especially before agrarian societies.
People are not always biologically wired to do what is best for the population as a whole, but for themselves. If that were the case, humans would behave a lot differently, especially since our conception of what is beneficial for society changes over time. Sexual exclusivity may not provide the most diversity that can be achieved but is optimally advantageous for both individuals and civilisations as a whole.
You keep using that phrase...
Biologically wired (or biologically hard-wired) implies something we are born with and cannot change. Very little of human behavior is biologically wired--the vast majority is due to software rather than hardware, the behaviors we have modeled to us in childhood, the norms we were raised with. The same with biological imperatives--I don't see anthropologists or evolutionary psychologists using that term. A quick search for the phrase shows that it appears in a lot of sources that are not scientific journals. I would not trust Business Insider, Harvard Business Review and the like to be reliable sources for scientific information.
No. Where did I say all? Please don't be dishonest and argue in bad faith like this. Promiscuity is unnatural from an evolutionary biological perspective, as I explained previously. You grew up in the 60s and 70s, claim that the social acceptance towards promiscuity was challenged by society, and think I am the one with the cultural biases towards promiscuity? The fact that promiscuity only became prominent in the last 50 years of our civilisation shows that it is a cultural behaviour only and not a viable reproductive strategy.
Here:
This difference in male/female reproductive strategies is why men covet virgins, and women do not, and why both men and women are turned off by promiscuity.
You have characterized non-monogamy (promiscuity) as unnatural. You declared that both men and women are turned off by promiscuity, making a general statement about men and women, and not qualifying it as some men and some women.

As I said above, anthropologists, historians, and evolutionary psychologists mark that modern monogamy is only about a thousand years old. Promiscuity did not just become prominent in the last 50 years, it was the norm for most of our human history.

It may seem like "normal" based upon your own experience, but please do not project that experience on other cultures and subcultures.
Of course not. These games are meant to appeal to fantasy, which is why people want to experience polyamory or harems in the game, or experience taking a woman's virginity. If these games were realistic, they wouldn't be popular or sold.

If your lifestyle makes you happy, then who I am to stop you? But it is very clear why sexual exclusivity is appealing to a lot of people. It is a biological imperative due to it being an evolutionary advantage. You claim to not understand, so I explained it to you, and then you tell me that I am wrong.​
From my perspective, you presented your own cultural biases and presented them as norms for the species as a whole. My information is not limited to my own perspective, I have included research and publications by people in the field who study such things as a career, and whose papers are vigorously peer reviewed. You are not wrong in that this is your truth, your cultural experience. I just tried to point out that that view is not as universal as you seem to think it is.

Also, I did not claim to not understand, I said I didn't "grok it," a concept from Stranger in a Strange land (and common with the real world Church of All Worlds), meaning "To understand profoundly and intuitively (empathically)." As someone with a background in anthropology and psychology, I can understand it intellectually. For me, those issues seem like something from a foreign culture. For much of my life, I felt like I was an alien observing human tribal traditions, but then I realized that "Western Civilization" isn't the pinnacle of human civilizations, it just tends to be the loudest.

May You Never Thirst

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Okay my two cents:
You sure you don't want to pick the side that has the most skilled lovers?

It's like natural selection in a predator/prey dynamic, by not tying a partner into monogamy, neither of you can sit back and let low skills remain, you are constantly encouraged to improve your techniques (as are your partners...)

EDIT: This is literally true. I found that when I had more than one partner, I couldn't fall into habitual behaviors because what works best for woman, doesn't necessarily do it for another. It kept me on my figurative toes.

View attachment 2497108
I'd rather get ready to TUMBLE!

Hmmmm. An AVN where members of a harem seek to lure in virgins to expand it...

Set it in Salt Lake City. ;)
Considering the LDS church disavowed polygamy in order to be accepted for statehood, I think you'll have to look elsewhere, like Arizona or Mexico (a prominent U.S. Senator's great grandfather fled to Mexico to continue to practice polygamy, his family returned in the states in 1912 to flee revolutionaries.).

May You Never Thirst!

Last edited:
Reactions: PaxHadrian17

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
You sure you don't want to pick the side that has the most skilled lovers?

It's like natural selection in a predator/prey dynamic, by not tying a partner into monogamy, neither of you can sit back and let low skills remain, you are constantly encouraged to improve your techniques (as are your partners...)

EDIT: This is literally true. I found that when I had more than one partner, I couldn't fall into habitual behaviors because what works best for woman, doesn't necessarily do it for another. It kept me on my figurative toes.
Redpill detected. You are few messages away from name dropping Andrew Tate, lol. Seriously thought, when did this thread developed into such deep existential cringe? Jestur need to drop update ASAP so that people can go back to discussing wholesome time travel incest story.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Redpill detected. You are few messages away from name dropping Andrew Tate, lol. Seriously thought, when did this thread developed into such deep existential cringe? Jestur need to drop update ASAP so that people can go back to discussing wholesome time travel incest story.
I tried to pull the thread back into titty-talk but I clearly failed

4.80 star(s) 294 Votes