Izirider

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2017
WTF no more NTR contents?
There will be more. Only in chapter 10 can Cora hook up with Reg Argay, Daniel, Jake, Beth or Miranda. So this chapter will probably have the most cheating content.

i dont think he said anthing about removing them from this game but i think somewhere it was said the other game hes working on wont have that content could be wrong though
Yes, there is no NTR content in Distant Horizon.

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
Yes, there is no NTR content in Distant Horizon.
When I see this, my first thought is "great, back to fantasy land where all women are single and waiting for the MC to show up and give one or two lame lines before she commits herself for life to him :sick: "
Disappointing but I get it...the well beaten path of telling a story that has been told over and over with slight variations is the safe way to go.

Edit: I'll hold out hope that the story is original, however if this dev is doing this to appease the anti NTR crowd, the LI's better have been saving themselves their whole lives for the MC

Izirider

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2017
Jstforme I'm not doing it for the anti NTR crowd. Actually, I'm doing Distant mainly for myself, because it's nice to get away from Rise, which I've been doing for years. It is relaxing to work on new characters, a new story. And it's also good for Rise, because it's easier to return to it.

In v0.1 there was an NTR option almost until the last minute. I took it out simply because I didn't feel that it would add anything to the story, or that the characters had any tendency to do so. The funny thing is that I kept it in until the last minute because I know there are people who like the NTR genre. But I just don't feel that it fits into this game. And my story can't include something that I think doesn't fit. ;)

And just because I've taken out the NTR line doesn't mean I'm going to put women in the story who become all-consuming sex slaves after hearing two sentences. Mainly because I hate VNs like that too. I don't find them interesting as a player or as a creator.

Of course, whether you believe this to be true or not is up to you. Although, I feel that after almost five years with Rise, I've proven that I'm going after my own head, not the call of the masses.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Jstforme I'm not doing it for the anti NTR crowd. Actually, I'm doing Distant mainly for myself, because it's nice to get away from Rise, which I've been doing for years. It is relaxing to work on new characters, a new story. And it's also good for Rise, because it's easier to return to it.

In v0.1 there was an NTR option almost until the last minute. I took it out simply because I didn't feel that it would add anything to the story, or that the characters had any tendency to do so. The funny thing is that I kept it in until the last minute because I know there are people who like the NTR genre. But I just don't feel that it fits into this game. And my story can't include something that I think doesn't fit. ;)

And just because I've taken out the NTR line doesn't mean I'm going to put women in the story who become all-consuming sex slaves after hearing two sentences. Mainly because I hate VNs like that too. I don't find them interesting as a player or as a creator.

Of course, whether you believe this to be true or not is up to you. Although, I feel that after almost five years with Rise, I've proven that I'm going after my own head, not the call of the masses.
There isn't anything wrong with a game that has no NTR or one that is all NTR all the time for that matter. So long as it serves the story you are telling. Rise of the Crime Lord seems to be served by the drama, but it sounds like it would be a detriment to the other game. It is arguments about different tastes that caused Inceton to split into two different patrons just because they want to make both kinds of games. It would be better if everyone could get along, or at least let good fences make good neighbors, but it is what it is.

Reactions: Izirider

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018

As the others who give advice say... just ignore the guy...

I'm surprised your here still whereas most devs quit this site due to toxicity on BOTH sides... Yet one side always blames the other... at least you noticed the poster above you, so you can see its not just the "boogey-man NTR haters" who spout nonsense such as "if you did this you'd be more succesful", or "ohh yay, your doing something that has been done 1000 times before".

Both sides have scumbags, so I'm glad your able to keep a cool head, and basically do what you want regardless of which side is "crying" about how you should only cater to them.

I cant wait for CH10 and see whats going on with both Cora and Rick... is Samantha going to get any action ? she's one of the few that hasnt had content, I would have thought that virginal Ashley would have been one of the last, Samantha had been flirting with Rick since the start, and even Cora seemed ok to 3some with her, yet so far nothing.

Las thing, the gallery is all kinds of fucked up, it broke with version 0.11, for example Rachel... the last scene that shows up for her is a blowjob in the car... I didnt see that during my playthrough... instead Rick fucked the shit out of her in one of those "display shower set ups" inside the Ikea. That scene however isnt repeatable in the gallery ?

Reactions: Izirider

hotdogBD

Sep 21, 2017
err i just found this game but i see there are two versions, so my confusion is which ones what and which one should i download?

Izirider

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2017
Both sides have scumbags, so I'm glad your able to keep a cool head, and basically do what you want regardless of which side is "crying" about how you should only cater to them.
I've been an online journalist for 11 years and a writer for almost 20, so I've had the opportunity to learn how to deal with opinions. :)

is Samantha going to get any action ? she's one of the few that hasnt had content, I would have thought that virginal Ashley would have been one of the last, Samantha had been flirting with Rick since the start, and even Cora seemed ok to 3some with her, yet so far nothing.
Rick may meet Sam in Chapter 10 (it will be a matter of choice), but there will be no action yet. Sam is intentionally a slow-moving character. On the one hand, she is still married and trying to be faithful to her husband. On the other hand, she has only known Rick for a week (every other woman has known him for years).

Las thing, the gallery is all kinds of fucked up, it broke with version 0.11, for example Rachel... the last scene that shows up for her is a blowjob in the car... I didnt see that during my playthrough... instead Rick fucked the shit out of her in one of those "display shower set ups" inside the Ikea. That scene however isnt repeatable in the gallery ?
This is interesting because there were no such errors in the tests. Do you use a mod? Because since v0.11, the galleries I made are now in the game and to my knowledge they do not work with mods.

err i just found this game but i see there are two versions, so my confusion is which ones what and which one should i download?
The extended version is the full game (there are extra scenes from other characters' points of view), but the regular version also tells the story (you only learn about a few things later).

Reactions: Rythan25

dobzzz

Feb 7, 2018
Firstly, I think your over stating how many NTR haters there are, they just complain more than anyone else giving the false picture that everyone thinks like that. (edit: Plus 90% of NTR games are complete trash using the oldest cliche's with zero imagination.)
Cora and the MC had both cheated on each other throughout their relationship, so thoughts of cheating are a natural part of the story. If the NTR aspect was removed from this story, it would be quite dull, and a lot less popular IMO.
I for one am looking forward to the island get away that Cora has coming up, lots of spicy possibilities!
That's actually false Cora cheated on her girlfriend with the mc they were adventurous . They didn't cheat on each other

dobzzz

Feb 7, 2018
To be fair, at the beginning I didn't even know that there was such a genre as NTR. Plus Cora wasn't an important character then, she would have died after a few chapters. But the fact is that I made changes in response to the negative feedback, made the character more important and gave her freedom of choice. So, and I just realised this, technically it's thanks to the NTR haters that Cora is still here and an important part of the story. :D

Financially, it could be much better. Although the sad fact is that on more than one occasion I still made more money from Rise than I sometimes did from my day job. However, the fact that you are talking about it, is a success for me. Obviously it would be best if it succeeded on both counts, but I certainly don't see it as a failure. As an eternal optimist, I hope that one day it will pay off financially. :)

Chapter 10 will not be ready before May, and even that is a very, very optimistic prediction.
Don't you kill of Cora . She is cool and badass and i actually like her character . She is quite different from your usual females in most games

Reactions: DIRTY FILTHY Animal

dobzzz

Feb 7, 2018
This game has one of the worst cases of avoidable ntr I've seen. It feels like you're fighting the game to avoid it. Most of the time the wife is just about to cheat and just then you can stop it. I think that's straight up just the wrong way to go about doing this but what the fuck do I know, this game's obviously not for me.

And just to add a bit to the previous conversation
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Touch grass. Like you haven't thought about the hot girl in a cafe while you were with you wife

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Does any one no when the update well be
well that's quite unknown since dev just started 2nd game so it gets more priority a while but rotcl gets some devving too and when extended edition (out since nov) gets here is unknown.

• Sad
Reactions: Blueray

rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
The extended version usually drops for free right before the next update comes out. Honestly the only thing that really matters this time around is that the extended version has a longer sex scene with Ashley then the normal version. The other 2 scenes are just added story and not vital to thr narrative overall.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
what is the difference between v0.11 Part 2 Normal and v0.11 Alpha Extended?
well on part 2 normal has more content than on alpha extended but latter has extended content on some of scenes. saves aren't compatible between ext and normal.

Izirider

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2017
what is the difference between v0.11 Part 2 Normal and v0.11 Alpha Extended?
The Alpha Extended is longer, but still full of bugs, missing some animations, etc. v0.11 Normal is the final, just a shorter version (v0.11 Extended has a longer Rick-Ash sex scene, plus two bonus scenes). v0.11 Extended is the full, final version.

zargoth99

Jul 29, 2021
The Alpha Extended is longer, but still full of bugs, missing some animations, etc. v0.11 Normal is the final, just a shorter version (v0.11 Extended has a longer Rick-Ash sex scene, plus two bonus scenes). v0.11 Extended is the full, final version.
well on part 2 normal has more content than on alpha extended but latter has extended content on some of scenes. saves aren't compatible between ext and normal.
thank you both for answering my question and I shall try this game out looks interesting :)

Last edited:

Izirider

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2017
how many episodes will the game have?
I didn't plan ahead. It will be as much as it will be. It's worked up to chapter 11, but that's far from the last.

Do u no wat month the Update well be Done?
I don't know. I am already working on it, but how long it will take depends on many things. Unfortunately, for example, I didn't do any work at all yesterday because I got sick and had to spend the whole day in bed. I'm still not well, but at least I'm not shivering when I get out from under the covers.

3.60 star(s) 52 Votes