RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Is there any kind of downside to having sex with everyone? I mean locking out content etc.
Not at the moment! Sex all you want! :sneaky:

if I have a problem and I have a problem with this game where could I write it?
If you're having trouble you can write it here, send me a DM, or on come to our . We'd be happy to help with anything!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Aredelya

LAKueiJin

Apr 15, 2020
A puppet with a personality is still a puppet. If my decisions prevail at the end of the day then they don't have free will, therefore they are puppets. That doesn't mean that I like to make all characters act erratically or encourage incoherent behavior, but acting like the character I'm controlling is myself is just silly.
I agree with you to some extent. Of course a fictional character has no free will, but the reason I replied to you the way I did is that I feel too many gamers are not exploring the story-telling potential of games they like because they think too much of the characters as puppets they control and of the game's mechanics and exploits more than of the plot and world it is set in. (a more extreme interpretation of what you are saying)

The kind of people who just erratically kill NPCs for armour in RPGs or do something that goes completely against a character's morals to level up faster all operate under the same assumption as you do, and while it's obviously one way to play and enjoy games I think it's just as unimaginative (and missing the fun of it) as a full self-insert... You should never act like "the character you are controlling is yourself" (I agree that's dumb), but often you can have a lot of fun by imagining that you are in the shoes of the main character of a story - it's the same concept tabletop RPGs like, say, World of Darkness, thrive on!

We can agree to disagree as this is not related to Necro Bunny's game, but, to sum up, my main contention is not the argument you are making itself (fictional characters you control are, objectively, "your puppets"), but with the fact that games are art and approaching them with the mindset that you are merely controlling puppets is a very shallow way of engaging with said art! (kind of like someone going to an art gallery and commenting on all the paintings that they are amalgamations of colours in different patterns - they're not technically wrong, but are they really enjoying/getting the point of that art?)

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
1. Do you track Catherine's relationship with other characters? For example I noticed during the Kyo scene that if you pick the option that "you've waited for so long to have your payback" you are told that she briefly looks saddened by it. Do decisions like that influence anything long-term or just the sex scene?
Everything is tracked, and I often do some small adjustments to the text based on what Catherine has done in the past. And the choices do have some effect in the long term although nothing too spectacular as of now.

2. By having Catherine experimentally sleep for a month and a half, (you know, as humans do when they want to get enslaved for debt... :LOL:) I noticed the Jean scene no longer fires and if you have under 500 coins at the end of a month you are not paying anything now, but if you do have more (my character has 770 since the end of chapter 3) you still pay the monthly 500. Is this by design or an error? I first suspected when I saw that you still have to pay the monthly rates, knowing that Jean's on trial for high treason, that maybe either the bank re-acquired your debt, it got passed on to Jean's father or someone else bought it, and in any of those cases Catherine would be enslaved by someone if she can't make her payments, but that doesn't currently happen. Is this all planned, or you just haven't decided yet what to do if Catherine goes bankrupt after Jean's... fall? (pun intended) Also, will the guild finally pay the hero of Batria anything for the investigation and taking down the Cephalorian Elder? I think Amelie is just fleecing Catherine by now... :LOL:
Oh! It was supposed for her to not be charged anymore after the Battle of Batria. I think I might have only stopped the trigger for the game over but not the trigger for paying money. Oops.

3. Well, I think I'm most definitely in the minority on this, but... master Kyo says after her sex scene that "we should do this again" and also confesses that she only subjected Catherine to pain in the past in order to steel her, only used her because she was an asshole and that it would "never happen again". Do you plan to make all their future romantic content on equal footing/Catherine-dominated as well? I'm asking because I'd love an option for Catherine to realize that, while she feared her Master in the past, she actually loved being used/dominated by her sexually. Obviously Catherine thought she resented her Master through her years at the Traxiaria and in the first chapters, but she never understood what Kyo's reasons were or whether she even cared about her back then. The way I see it, now that Catherine understands her Master's affection is genuine and Kyo always had Catherine's best interests in mind, she might realize that the true reason she put up with all of that humiliating training for years was that, deep down, a part of her enjoyed it, and an option for Catherine to ask to still be "used" by her master would not be out-of-character. (maybe it could even be a chance to explore some pain-play fetishes like whipping, trampling, foot-gagging etc) Obviously that's just an interpretation of Catherine's character, but is there any chance for more Cat-sub/Kyo-domme content?
Hmmm, maybe... I can't really say anything for sure now. All I can say is that in our fetish pool, submissive Cath is always one of the most voted. And who knows? Kyo might always make another potion that needs testing.

All in all, great update and can't wait for the palace visit and chapter 5!
Thank you! We're glad to hear you enjoyed it! :giggle:

Alucinante

May 7, 2018
Hahaha I read that "review", at least made me laugh and prompted me to re-download since I haven't played the last 2 chapters.

THAT SAID, I do think there's at least one valid point in that all the males really are effeminate and while that isn't a problem in the least I think Cath (some of us) could use some more manly male prospects, both as an ally and/or as an antagonist. Don't get me wrong, I like the occasional one, and I can live with the furry/futa content, and I love the lez scenes (eleanor has got to be one of my fav characters/ sorry amelie you kinda suck), but there's no shame in indulging in some basic primal urges :sneaky:
I know there's the brothel scenes, but while they are good and add good value, the males there are just meat and don't fill any emotional/character/attachment boxes. So, my lovely dev, is there any chance to fill some of those blanks preetty please?

While I'm it, just a couple of questions:

-is any jealousy programmed down the road? I dig the whole free spirit stuff, but I think it would be cute/immersive if at least some of the characters (cof*eleanor*cof) started getting attached and that at least prompted some discussions after all cath's sexcapades. Nothing sicko, just to show they care. I also don't mind locked content due to choices, it makes them more meaningful and this game would be totally fun to replay different paths.

-AFAIK all the conflict scenes rn aren't really threatening and they are all about story, but since this game is based on d&d are there plans on making the game have some sort of tactical content? Just curious.

Anyhoo, kuddos for the game btw, easily one of the top 10--no, top 5 here, can't wait for playing the final thing :giggle:

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
THAT SAID, I do think there's at least one valid point in that all the males really are effeminate and while that isn't a problem in the least I think Cath (some of us) could use some more manly male prospects, both as an ally or as an antagonist. Don't get me wrong, I like the occasional one, and I can live with the furry/futa content, and I love the lez scenes (eleanor has got to be one of my fav characters/ sorry amelie you kinda suck), but there's no shame in indulging in some basic primal urges :sneaky:
I know there's the brothel scenes, but while they are good and add good value, the males there are just meat and don't fill any emotional/character/attachment boxes. So, my lovely dev, is there any chance to fill some of those blanks preetty please?
Yes, Banshee! Where our manly characters at?!
I'm with you, I just need to get our artist to draw the bara boys. And requests like yours are something I can throw in her face and say, "see? The people want it!" :LOL:
That said we do have a manly character planned, he was going to be a bit further ahead but I think we can pull him to chapter 5 without much trouble. Or we could give Victor a beard! :unsure:

-is any jealousy programmed down the road? I dig the whole free spirit stuff, but I think it would be cute/immersive if at least some of the characters (cof*eleanor*cof) started getting attached and that at least prompted some discussions after all cath's sexcapades. Nothing sicko, just to show they care. I also don't mind locked content due to choices, it makes them more meaningful and this game would be totally fun to replay different paths.
There might be a few love triangles and heartbreaks closer to the end, we want to allow the player to lock a monogamous relationship before the end of the game. I'm still not sure how that will look at the moment, but I'm sure we'll figure something out.

-AFAIK all the conflict scenes rn aren't really threatening and they are all about story, but since this game is based on d&d are there plans on making the game have some sort of tactical content? Just curious.
I really wanted to! But we're just two people at the moment and keeping the updates coming with a lot of content takes almost all of our time. As much as I wanted to make a fire emblem style tactic combat, I can't really commit to doing it right now. :cry:
But maybe in the next game?

Anyhoo, kuddos for the game btw, easily one of the top 10--no, top 5 here, can't wait for playing the final thing :giggle:
Oooh! Top 5? We're in really good company then!!
Hehehe. Thank you very much! We're really happy to hear that you are enjoyinging our game! :giggle:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Yes, Banshee! Where our manly characters at?!
I'm with you, I just need to get our artist to draw the bara boys. And requests like yours are something I can throw in her face and say, "see? The people want it!" :LOL:
That said we do have a manly character planned, he was going to be a bit further ahead but I think we can pull him to chapter 5 without much trouble. Or we could give Victor a beard!
Jacques disliked that. :LOL: :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios
4.60 star(s) 64 Votes