Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Kyo, Seralli, and Jeanne don't have romance routes planned, but Eleanor has.

Aw. ...Aw! Profound sadness. What do I do with all of this Kyo is no.1 merchandise, then? I mean, great for Eleanor fans, I suppose, but as an unrepentant Kyo fan, 'tis a bitter pill to swallow indeed.

I mean no malice unto Eleanor, as she's a preditable pick and been very much a primary focus of the story, so if there wasn't a romantic whatever for her, it'd feel a touch strange-- but that's just the the thing -- she's predictable. Kyo with her attempting to redefine her methods with her former apprentice whilst navigating the courts and their politics, or even Jeanne, who is learning quite dramatically how the other half lives-- both stories seem way more interesting to explore (and shag), especially endgame.

But that's merely my opinion, a drop of water in the wellspring of many. On the plus side, Sigrid did not appear to be on that list, so there's always the hope that Cat will be climbing that golden eyed mountain further still.
"Not planned" doesn't mean "won't ever be" though. You never know, maybe the devs will end up having ideas or a change of heart if a lot of people seem to want it and they can do it. That wouldn't be a first time something not planned ends up being added anyway.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
I mean no malice unto Eleanor, as she's a preditable pick and been very much a primary focus of the story, so if there wasn't a romantic whatever for her, it'd feel a touch strange-- but that's just the the thing -- she's predictable. Kyo with her attempting to redefine her methods with her former apprentice whilst navigating the courts and their politics, or even Jeanne, who is learning quite dramatically how the other half lives-- both stories seem way more interesting to explore (and shag), especially endgame.
I think it mostly boils down to the difference between love and lust. In a game where the focus seems to be little more than consequence-free casual sex, there really isn't all that much deeper connection or meaning to the relationships. But if you go down a romance route, then you are implicitly accepting that there's more to the relationship than just raw passion or lust (or, in some cases, a desire to dominate, control, or otherwise punish a victim). What makes someone an ideal fucktoy isn't necessarily the same thing that makes them an ideal boyfriend or girlfriend.

In that sense an Eleanor romance is almost mandatory, because she's about the most supportive character even beyond simple sex. Sure, it may feel like the most vanilla choice, but let's be honest, "vanilla" is also going to be the most common choice players make (like when Bioware releases stats from their games, and the most commonly played main characters in Mass Effect and Dragon Age is a male Soldier Shepard or a Human Noble Warrior. Or how D&D Beyond, no matter how many exotic class and race options get included, Human is still the most popular option by an insane amount). No matter how predictable the vanilla choice feels, it's also very likely going to be the most popular choice, and therefore, the one any game dev should focus on early, if not first. And in-depth.

Characters like Kyo and Jeanne don't really make all that much sense for romance, if only because the power imbalance is so severe. Kyo is your physically and emotionally abusive teacher who you're canonically terrified of most of the time. While she may feel some affection towards you, and you might feel some gratitude towards her, there's still a vast gap that makes actual romantic love extremely difficult to justify. Jeanne is someone who outright hates you, who you've psychologically broken into a slave as punishment for being a total shit. Almost everything you do is an act of hate and revenge, of dominance and control, not love. Those are relationships where sex and lust make sense, but romance kind of doesn't.

Sure, you could tell a story where the characters overcome that initial divide and actually evolve into something more akin to love and understanding, but in a game where you only have a finite amount of time to create multiple romance paths for multiple characters, those are the most obvious ones to skip. Maybe if you have enough free time at the end you could go back and implement them, or add extra DLC scenes afterwards, but they're probably not the ones you're going to prioritize when you've got a dozen other potential love interests already and might add still more as you keep writing the main story.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Was the public release yesterday? Or did I misread the blogpost?
Seems like they are a tiny bit late. :p

Hello, hello my friends!! We’re back!!!

How are you all? We had a lot of fun on the beach, can’t say we got any rest though, there was just so much we wanted to do!! But here, have some photos:

(here's a google picture of the place we stayed at)

(here's an actual picture that Banshee took to send to her mom, to prove she went outside for once)

(here's Banshee playing Mysterium, as... the ghost!)

(and here censored as the plague doctor waifu is our dear friend MJ, who worked on quite a few backgrounds for RotWF!)

Anyway! We’re back now at full power, and ready to get back to work! The public release is still coming this Friday with Elara’s scene included, so please look forward to that!

Finally, as always we would like to thank all of our dear supporters and friends! We honestly can’t find the words to thank you enough for believing in us and in our project… So, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you all so so so much! Now that we're back, we'll keep working as hard as we can to deliver the best possible project to you all! <3

But that about wraps it up for today. We hope you all have an amazing week, and we’ll see you all this Friday for the public release! Until then,
Big love, the Necro Bunny team!!!

• Red Heart
Reactions: sava75 and Ssato243

LoneVoyage

Nov 22, 2016
Chapter 8 is out

MAR 27, 2022 AT 5:50 AM
The Public Release of Chapter 8 is Finally Out!

Hello hello, you beautiful people! It's with great pleasure that we release the eighth chapter of Rise of the White Flower for everyone! Hoorray!

This one had a shorter development cycle than other chapters but we feel like it is still jam-packed with content and we hope you will all enjoy it!

As previously mentioned in the Patreon Release, this new chapter adds several scenes with Amelie, Yda, Labashi, as well as a "bad ending", the beginning of Eleanor's romance route, and a brand new scene with Elara, the Architect of the Weave herself! Phew! That's a whole lot of lewds and plot!

As always, we hope you all enjoy this new release, and please, let us know what you think about it! <3

andy60

Jan 14, 2017
NecroBunnyStudios
Maybe a stupid question but it seems relevant.
After the introductory events I wanted to know a specific character better and choose their location several times in a row.
Going by the scene gallery i am apparently in chapter 2 with Kyo.
During that I noticed events pop up in a few places and given that there is some form of time passing I need to ask:

Can I miss events/scenes this way?
Do I have to worry about planning a optimized route or can I just do everything in whatever order I want?

P.S. By the way, thank you Dev for including instant text. It's a petpeeve of mine when game don't have it and only offer slow text scrolling.

Last edited:

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
I'm used to seeing the usual outro after all the content for that update has been seen, but this one didn't have that and it just... ends? I have no other things to do, so guess that's the end of this update then? Just felt a little odd is all. No biggie.

Otherwise, enjoyed the update and finally glad to be able to start a romance with Eleanor. Been waiting for that. Thanks for all your work! ;)

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
NecroBunnyStudios
Maybe a stupid question but it seems relevant.
After the introductory events I wanted to know a specific character better and choose their location several times in a row.
Going by the scene gallery i am apparently in chapter 2 with Kyo.
During that I noticed events pop up in a few places and given that there is some form of time passing I need to ask:

Can I miss events/scenes this way?
Do I have to worry about planning a optimized route or can I just do everything in whatever order I want?

P.S. By the way, thank you Dev for including instant text. It's a petpeeve of mine when game don't have it and only offer slow text scrolling.
You can miss scenes based on the choices you make, but not by time. So you can play the events in whichever order you want.

I'm used to seeing the usual outro after all the content for that update has been seen, but this one didn't have that and it just... ends? I have no other things to do, so guess that's the end of this update then? Just felt a little odd is all. No biggie.

Otherwise, enjoyed the update and finally glad to be able to start a romance with Eleanor. Been waiting for that. Thanks for all your work! ;)
Hmmmmmmm... Can you check again that you have done all the scenes? I wrote one for this chapter's ending, like I always do, and it showed up properly in our tests. I wonder if there might be a particular combination of choices that is not getting caught in the 'check for end of content' flag...

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Hmmmmmmm... Can you check again that you have done all the scenes? I wrote one for this chapter's ending, like I always do, and it showed up properly in our tests. I wonder if there might be a particular combination of choices that is not getting caught in the 'check for end of content' flag...
Yeah I got them all. At least, there is nothing left for me to do right now. I went to Yda first (sex), Had the Labashi visit (no sex), visited Amelie (had orgy), went to see Eleanor (started the romance), and then did the Elara scene (sex). And that's all that is left. Just sent me back to the house after that and no other things to do.

Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios
4.60 star(s) 64 Votes