How would you prefer future updates be released?

• Set Monthly Schedule (May result in incomplete scenes)

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • At Natural breaking points (May result in longer than 1-month release cycles)

Votes: 46 90.2%
  • No Preference

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
It's Kim and Cara, grasping hands. It's meant - in my head - to depict Cara "saving" Kim from her inner darkness. Whether that actually happens (or even *needs* to) will be entirely based on player choices, but it's just something i thought looked cool, and was thematic for the Save screen. :)
Yeah it's a really beautiful piece.

How did you pull it off?

Paper Tiger 83

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2023
Yeah it's a really beautiful piece.

How did you pull it off?
lol, don't get me started on my techniques in Daz, i'll never shut up about it XD But, the components are fairly simple. It's just them grasping hands, a little particle add, magic effects and a camera shifted on the z axis :)

Paper Tiger 83

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2023
Hey everyone!

So we're in wrap up mode! I have a few more things to code in tomorrow, but after that I will dropping it for one month early release for the Tier 4 supporters. Ergo, public release is one month from tomorrow! !!!!!IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!!!: As I've mentioned a few times (and just want to reiterate) this update is a Quality of Life / UI Improvement / bugfix update. There is no content added for it, so if you want to skip it, I understand. That said, the following changes have been made for Rivers of Astrum, version 0.2.1:

• Support Galleries and in-game Choice benefits have been implemented, as well as an option added to the main menu screen to input supporter codes.
  • Support Codes will change with every release. And will be handed out to supporters privately.
  • All of the game's animations have been upgraded to 60 FPS! ... Save one. This one has been upped to 40FPS.
  • An opening animation has been added to the game as well, as I'm sure you'll notice. This is a work in progress.
  • All dynamic messages displaying relationship changes have now been centered on the screen.
  • Relationship changes will be displayed in different colors, to indicate the degree of loss or gain.
  • Many User Interface elements changed/updated. This brings us pretty close to the final form, but I always expect they may need to change or be tweaked in the future.
  • Tutorials on game-specific features have been added to the introduction overview (that plays once upon starting the game). It's all pretty straightforward, but you never know.

And that's it! Now, to start work on the next content update!

Thanks, everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: GokutheG

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
lol, don't get me started on my techniques in Daz, i'll never shut up about it XD But, the components are fairly simple. It's just them grasping hands, a little particle add, magic effects and a camera shifted on the z axis :)
You say that as if it's a bad thing. I love hearing people talk about their creative process.

That progress update sounds pretty impressive.

Paper Tiger 83

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2023
You say that as if it's a bad thing. I love hearing people talk about their creative process.

That progress update sounds pretty impressive.
Heh, I just don't wanna bore people to tears or chase them off yammering on about it on these forums. If you swing by the discord though, i do it all the time over there!

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes