Aurora9285

Sep 11, 2019
I understand your frustration, but I don't want this to seem like a copied and didn't work for this. A little over a month ago I had no clue how to code anything. I spent countless hours learning how to code. I took example from his game because it was my favorite, I even got in contact with him and he helped me so much.
Not many people can't appreciate the legwork that goes into learning to do something from scratch, and sometimes using a known thing to hone your skills with is a great way to improve. That's the best way to learn imo!

Good luck with your journey and hope to see more from you!

Andy211

Nov 11, 2018
If I enable autoplay all the videos will play when a page is loaded. There is a way to have it so when the full frame of a video is seen to play and when you leave it to stop, but that requires javascript which I am not the best at. I'll try to figure out how to do that.
Thanks for your comment.
You can launch video when it will show up on the viewpoint. Read about "waypoints" -

Reactions: WhatsFappenin

Zirenaz

Feb 20, 2020
1677089431478.png
I know you are learning, mostly by just copying, but why make choices where we have to take a specific one of them? That is not a choice, it is an annoyance... I don't want to pick gym... but I have to.
Get rid of 'dead ends' like that, no real need for the second choice yet.

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

The summary and samples made me come and the result is correct.

The worldbuilding is fitting.
The characters are few and different.
The plot seems interesting though not that much original.
The photos/videos are well chosen.

For a first release, this game is enjoyable. There are many choices and, though most of them have consequences, some don't really matter (particularly the order in which you visit the girls at home). I would have loved more details on our life before the accident because it feels more like we wake up from coma and there was nothing before or we lost memories. Seducing the daughters seems more or less obligatory (we can refuse to peep but not the blowjob...) and it's too bad since I would have loved to focus on the wife first. All the characters were great outside Rachel.

There should be a way to consult our stats (fitness) or other characters stats (guard respect).
The MC should have a default name : 1677093409681.png is too strange.
There are some spelling errors left like 1677093629556.png or 1677093771463.png

Good continuation.

ItzRisseGames

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2023
View attachment 2409401
I know you are learning, mostly by just copying, but why make choices where we have to take a specific one of them? That is not a choice, it is an annoyance... I don't want to pick gym... but I have to.
Get rid of 'dead ends' like that, no real need for the second choice yet.
I'll make sure to change it.

Ruthven

Oct 13, 2016
If I enable autoplay all the videos will play when a page is loaded. There is a way to have it so when the full frame of a video is seen to play and when you leave it to stop, but that requires javascript which I am not the best at. I'll try to figure out how to do that.
Thanks for your comment.
The way I like my games is with only one video/pic per page. (There can be additional pictures in the UI like portraits/backgrounds). So to me the best way to have videos on autoplay and having only one video playing at a time is simply to only have one video per page. I've played too many games (some made with ren'py so the problem was a bit different but the lesson the same) where the devs put a whole bunch of videos only separated with one short line of dialogue (and sometimes the line in question is only some awkward interjections ("oooooohhhhhhhh")). And I've played too many games with way too much repetitive uninteresting text that wouldn't tell me more than what I could already figure from the videos/images. One of the most important (even if subjective) criteria of a good game is the text to image ratio. My advice is if you limit yourself to one vid per page you decrease your chances of putting too much videos and not enough text. I think this tip can help on the QoL department (keeping a clean/enjoyable form) and also in the content department (preventing these extremes of pic/text ratio that really ruin a game). And then if you still want to change the text/pic ratio you can still change the amount of text or the length of the videos.

Also another important advice on the subject :
To me there are 3 important things the player should be able to understand during a sex scene, so 3 things the dev should describe (it is true for any form of art by the way and not only scenes involving sex) :
-What is happening, what are the characters doing precisely. In this case it would be mostly delivered by the videos. BUT if you use multiple videos in one scene (and it will often happen) you have to be sure the things that happen BETWEEN the videos is described.
-How the characters are reacting to what is happening. What are they saying ? How are their bodies reacting ?
-And last but not least, probably the thing I personally think is lacking the most in most games and also what excite me the most : What is happening in the characters heads ? That's undoubtedly the hardest part. To me it's important to describe what is happening in the characters minds because it is what will develop the character and give material to your story.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Of course, some part of these can be left to the imagination, and the game will probably be even better if it's the case, but it requires to be a really good artist so my advice to a beginner is to not try to rely on the player's imagination and make sure to have these 3 plans describe enough so the player can have the full picture of the scene.

Last edited:

ItzRisseGames

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2023
Hello.

The summary and samples made me come and the result is correct.

The worldbuilding is fitting.
The characters are few and different.
The plot seems interesting though not that much original.
The photos/videos are well chosen.

For a first release, this game is enjoyable. There are many choices and, though most of them have consequences, some don't really matter (particularly the order in which you visit the girls at home). I would have loved more details on our life before the accident because it feels more like we wake up from coma and there was nothing before or we lost memories. Seducing the daughters seems more or less obligatory (we can refuse to peep but not the blowjob...) and it's too bad since I would have loved to focus on the wife first. All the characters were great outside Rachel.

There should be a way to consult our stats (fitness) or other characters stats (guard respect).
The MC should have a default name : View attachment 2409513 is too strange.
There are some spelling errors left like View attachment 2409521 or View attachment 2409530

Good continuation.
I want the main 3 girls of the story to be sort of mandatory to have a sexual relationship. The side girls can be declined. Before the coma as I explain in the story you were DEA Agent which used drugs from a raid and later kept using, eventually you overdosed on drugs. As for the spelling mistakes I'll make sure to fix them. Fitness and guard respect will be added to a new stats page. I'll add a default name if the player doesn't change it.
Thanks for your comment.

ItzRisseGames

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2023
The way I like my games is with only one video/pic per page. (There can be additional pictures in the UI like portraits/backgrounds). So to me the best way to have videos on autoplay and having only one video playing at a time is simply to only have one video per page. I've played too many games (some made with ren'py so the problem was a bit different but the lesson the same) where the devs put a whole bunch of videos only separated with one short line of dialogue (and sometimes the line in question is only some awkward interjections ("oooooohhhhhhhh")). And I've played too many games with way too much repetitive uninteresting text that wouldn't tell me more than what I could already figure from the videos/images. One of the most important (even if subjective) criteria of a good game is the text to image ratio. My advice is if you limit yourself to one vid per page you decrease your chances of putting too much videos and not enough text. I think this tip can help on the QoL department (keeping a clean/enjoyable form) and also in the content department (preventing these extremes of pic/text ratio that really ruin a game). And then if you still want to change the text/pic ratio you can still change the amount of text or the length of the videos.

Also another important advice on the subject :
To me there are 3 important things the player should be able to understand during a sex scene, so 3 things the dev should describe (it is true for any form of art by the way and not only scenes involving sex) :
-What is happening, what are the characters doing precisely. In this case it would be mostly delivered by the videos. BUT if you use multiple videos in one scene (and it will often happen) you have to be sure the things that happen BETWEEN the video is described.
-How the characters are reacting to what is happening. What are they saying ? How are their bodies reacting ?
-And last but not least, probably the thing I personally think is lacking the most in most games and also what excite me the most : What is happening in the characters heads ? That's undoubtedly the hardest part. To me it's important to describe what is happening in the characters minds because it is what will develop the character and give material to your story.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Of course, some part of these can be left to the imagination, and the game will probably be even better if it's the case, but it requires to be a really good artist so my advice to a beginner is to not try to rely on the player's imagination and make sure to have these 3 plans describe enough so the player can have the full picture of the scene.
Wow, thanks so much. I'll try to implement your advice into the game. You really know how to describe what is happening.
Thanks for your comment.

Gear02

Sep 12, 2017
Look - I really appreciate your hard work, but this is essentially Back to Freedom with different actresses. I love BtF but it's following the exact same path and story line. Even if you're using the same code base, you can at least change the story so it's not following BtF almost exactly.

That said, I already like the path you're going so please keep trying!

ItzRisseGames

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2023
Look - I really appreciate your hard work, but this is essentially Back to Freedom with different actresses. I love BtF but it's following the exact same path and story line. Even if you're using the same code base, you can at least change the story so it's not following BtF almost exactly.

That said, I already like the path you're going so please keep trying!
I promise everything from day 2 and onwards is my idea. Day 1 was my very first learning phase, that's why it looks so much like back to freedom's one. Day 2 I was more comfortable and everything that was written was original.
Thanks for your comment.

Reactions: Dixon Butz
3.30 star(s) 3 Votes